X Factor betting

Jeepers

• Replies 723
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Chaka Demus & pliers

I figured a bit of devilry was needed for my 666th post.

Nice to see everyone reacting rationally to it.

4022812485_f4a9f33406.jpg

I figured a bit of devilry was needed for my 666th post.

Nice to see everyone reacting rationally to it.

facepalm.png and still you keep going FFS !!!!!

Guest GhostHunter

Did anyone actually put a bet on Matt after reading Jeepers opening gambit on this thread

Yes.

I bet ?10,000.

Thanks jeepers.

:thumbsup:

Say What Again

Did anyone actually put a bet on Matt after reading Jeepers opening gambit on this thread

Wonder if Jeepers wishes he had?

Instead of the wind-up of the year :rolleyes: , he could be at home, rolling around in ?5k with Miss West Lothian.

My view is this.

Jeepers says this is a 'wind up'.

The people who called him out as a bullsh*tter from the start have been vindicated and made Jeepers look like a fool.

The people who took Jeepers at face value and stuck up for him in the thread at the risk of making a fool of themselves are the people that Jeepers "wound up".

So the only people on the thread that Jeepers tricked were the ones that thought he was being honest and stuck up for the guy and now they look a bit stupid.

Way to go Jeepers - the only people that you ****ed over on this thread were the guys that believed you to be an honest guy and not pathetic enough to make up a silly story that the majority thought you were blowing out your arse from the start.

They have all become a bit less trusting of people thanks to your shan chat. Well done.

Guest GhostHunter

My view is this.

Jeepers says this is a 'wind up'.

The people who called him out as a bullsh*tter from the start have been vindicated and made Jeepers look like a fool.

The people who took Jeepers at face value and stuck up for him in the thread at the risk of making a fool of themselves are the people that Jeepers "wound up".

So the only people on the thread that Jeepers tricked were the ones that thought he was being honest and stuck up for the guy and now they look a bit stupid.

Way to go Jeepers - the only people that you ****ed over on this thread were the guys that believed you to be an honest guy and not pathetic enough to make up a silly story that the majority thought you were blowing out your arse from the start.

They have all become a bit less trusting of people thanks to your shan chat. Well done.

FFS it's only the Internet.

:mellow:

:thumbsup:

Can you close the thread Dexter? I think people are taking this too seriously now.

Thinly veiled I can't deal with the humiliation any longer post, imo.

This thread should be archived in The Classics so that if Jeepers eveer comes out with any more clangers or unsubstantiated pish then it can be brought up again :thumbsup:

Closing this thread would be a monumental balls-up IMO :smuggy:

This thread should be archived in The Classics so that if Jeepers eveer comes out with any more clangers or unsubstantiated pish then it can be brought up again :thumbsup:

Closing this thread would be a monumental balls-up IMO :smuggy:

I think it this thread is what KBs all about... It should be stickied forever

So lets rationalise this:

I've made a joke about betting a GRAND on the X FACTOR. Sure, I kept the charade up for a long, long time. It kept people wondering why I kept bumping the thread up. A few people took this as an idea that I may be telling the truth. I think what the kids say is: " LOL"

Other people who have doubted me from the start and doubted me all the way through: fair play. You were absolutely right about it being a wind up. Now, surely with you guys' absolutely positive vibes about me being a wind-up merchant wouldn't be surprised when it was unveieled that I WAS leading everyone on. So over reactions such as

Alan Partridge's : " What a sad act"

"Honestly ... you just sat and made this shit up last night? By the sounds of it, you actually started to believe your own fantasy. I'd seek help if I were you because there is something wrong"

"You have just made a complete arsehole of yourself. It's rather bizarre behaviour and I'm trying to understand why!"

( Surely if you were so confident about me being a liar this is an overreaction??)

LPJambo's:

"What an arse"

"...before turning the gun on himself."

"The idea of a wind up is to make everyone other than yourself look like an arse"

( Surely if you were so confident about me being a liar this is an overreaction??)

Picards:

"INSTANT BAN IMHO."

"If a ban is not forthcoming for Mr Jeepers I shall be seeking clarification from the moderating team"

All in all I'd say that the ONLY person in the whole thread to grasp the idea of A WIND UP is Dexter. And thats only because he didn't track the thread or put forward his opinion from the start.

It's a joke guys. Lighten up. :rolleyes:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Yeah fellas. A grand. Thats ?1000 sterling.

I figure when it gets down to the final 3 and hes odds on, I can lay the bet.

Decent money to be made on this kickbackers. Empty your pockets.

The funny thing is, your theory wasn't bad

I've made a joke about betting a GRAND on the X FACTOR. Sure, I kept the charade up for a long, long time. It kept people wondering why I kept bumping the thread up. A few people took this as an idea that I may be telling the truth. I think what the kids say is: " LOL"

Other people who have doubted me from the start and doubted me all the way through: fair play. You were absolutely right about it being a wind up. Now, surely with you guys' absolutely positive vibes about me being a wind-up merchant wouldn't be surprised when it was unveieled that I WAS leading everyone on. So over reactions such as

"Honestly ... you just sat and made this shit up last night? By the sounds of it, you actually started to believe your own fantasy. I'd seek help if I were you because there is something wrong"

"You have just made a complete arsehole of yourself. It's rather bizarre behaviour and I'm trying to understand why!"

LPJambo's:

"What an arse"

"The idea of a wind up is to make everyone other than yourself look like an arse"

Picards:

"INSTANT BAN IMHO."

"If a ban is not forthcoming for Mr Jeepers I shall be seeking clarification from the moderating team"

All in all I'd say that the ONLY person in the whole thread to grasp the idea of A WIND UP is Dexter. And thats only because he didn't track the thread or put forward his opinion from the start.

Oh the irony of it all. Being wound up by people you were attempting to wind up. Cracking work

:verysmug:

LPJambo's:

"What an arse"

Picards:

"INSTANT BAN IMHO."

:what:

Sexton Hardcastle

Most of the crap psoted on this site is pretty gammy to be honest. All the Uni kids posting their random/zaney shit or complete idiots discovering the wonders of the internet for the first time.

But this has kicked the arse out of this place to a whole new level.

Good work son

Oh the irony of it all. Being wound up by people you were attempting to wind up. Cracking work

:verysmug:

I want an irony smilie.

I'd like to point out that if I'd been following this thread, I wouldn't have been that GULLABLE and would have spotted it for A WIND UP immediately. And a quite BRILLIANT one at that. FAIR PLAY MATE.

I P Knightley

Where you're wrong, Heaven 98, is that there is nothing at all clever about the wind-up. And I say that from my top deck seat on the bus, next to a stunning, leggy blonde who has followed me here.

Given that Jeepers' wind-up was so pathetic, it's doubly pathetic that there is a pack of baying hounds who seem to believe that "outing" an obvious, yet absolutely meaningless, wind-up with such intensity that you'd think they'd discoverered listening devices in the Watergate building. And then, beyond that, rather that inflicting their pompous vengeance on the pathetic efforts of Jeepers, they're turning their "vengeance" on those who, for whatever reason, were prepared to humour Jeepers.

This thread doesn't deserve a place in the Classics as the vast majority of contributors come out of it looking like ar5eholes and we don't want that to be our legacy, do we?

Just read through this, ha ha. Good work jeepers.

Can't believe how SEETHING some people are / were.

Instant ban?!? WTF!!!!

Classic. This threads a belter.

Daydream Believer

I still don't really understand.

Jeepers says that he's bet a grand.

Suppose we all believe him, then we offer encouragement throughout the competition.

Mat wins the final.

"Congratulations!" We all cry. "You've made ?4,500."

"Ho ho" counters Jeepers, "the joke's on you. I've won **** all"

Seriously, I don't get it.

Sterling Archer

I still don't really understand.

Jeepers says that he's bet a grand.

Suppose we all believe him, then we offer encouragement throughout the competition.

Mat wins the final.

"Congratulations!" We all cry. "You've made ?4,500."

"Ho ho" counters Jeepers, "the joke's on you. I've won **** all"

Seriously, I don't get it.

Me neither, anyone that thinks this is anything other than sad is missing something.

Guest GhostHunter

Me neither, anyone that thinks this is anything other than sad is missing something.

Missing what exactly.

All I see are words on a screen.

It bothers me not one jot whether he did/didnt bet, or, did/didnt win.

Sterling Archer

Missing what exactly.

All I see are words on a screen.

It bothers me not one jot whether he did/didnt bet, or, did/didnt win.

Missing something upstairs.

Guest GhostHunter

Missing something upstairs.

Ah.

Ok. Just as well I'll have forgotten about your post as soon as I get back to real life.

:rolleyes:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Funny stuff.

Quite astounded that anybody believes anything posted on this entire board.

I certainly don't.

Sterling Archer

Funny stuff.

Quite astounded that anybody believes anything posted on this entire board.

I certainly don't.

I believe most of the stuff Doug posts.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

It's not classics material tbh. Promised so much, delivered so little. The way he revealed all at the end was just shite.

I don't think anyone is seething though. Why would they be? :mellow:

It's not classics material tbh. Promised so much, delivered so little. The way he revealed all at the end was just shite.

Nice to see you've calmed down a little bit, sir :thumbsup:

I'm just finding it a bit weird AP.Not seething though. :santa1:

Delighted that the fake bet won.

Jeepers must be spewing that he came up with this "great wind up" rather than stumping up the cash. :rofl:

?4500 mate - how would you have spent it? :faceman:

:munny:

Private Hudson

At least one person called for him to be banned with others acting like he'd just confessed to rape. A lot of people on this board need their hole really badly judging by how much time and emotion they invest in this forum.

Where you're wrong, Heaven 98, is that there is nothing at all clever about the wind-up. And I say that from my top deck seat on the bus, next to a stunning, leggy blonde who has followed me here.

Given that Jeepers' wind-up was so pathetic, it's doubly pathetic that there is a pack of baying hounds who seem to believe that "outing" an obvious, yet absolutely meaningless, wind-up with such intensity that you'd think they'd discoverered listening devices in the Watergate building. And then, beyond that, rather that inflicting their pompous vengeance on the pathetic efforts of Jeepers, they're turning their "vengeance" on those who, for whatever reason, were prepared to humour Jeepers.

This thread doesn't deserve a place in the Classics as the vast majority of contributors come out of it looking like ar5eholes and we don't want that to be our legacy, do we?

Now you're on the WIND UP. She's short and dumpy with mousey brown hair. I know. I'm in the seat behind you.

At least one person called for him to be banned with others acting like he'd just confessed to rape. A lot of people on this board need their hole really badly judging by how much time and emotion they invest in this forum.

None more so than Jeepers.

Not asthough anyone is ''shaking with rage''.

The crux of the matter for me is that this ''wind up'' has been a massively shite fail. Really pish.

Everyone thought it was nonsense, and the fact you constantly BTTT'd the thread was just a massive cry out for attention.

The 666 devil gag was even more desperate.

It's very Creag-esque.

:rudi:

LPJambo's:

"What an arse"

Picards:

"INSTANT BAN IMHO."

Isn't a joke meant to be funny ?

Isn't a joke meant to be funny ?

Its been funny to me ( and a few others ) watching the overreaction after the revealance of the hoax. :lol:

I think those who find it less funny are the ones who have been following it from the start and just kept biting :P

Its been funny to me ( and a few others ) watching the overreaction after the revealance of the hoax. :lol:

I think those who find it less funny are the ones who have been following it from the start and just kept biting :P

Do you not think that the funniest thing about it is that you've missed out on ?4500 - and not only that, you're trying to gloat about missing out on ?4500 - right here, proudly, in the public domain for all to see?

Because that's the bit I find hilarious. :rofl:

"I bet a grand on Matt"

"No you didn't"

"I did"

"You're a liar"

"No I'm not, you wait and see"

":rofl: Liar"

"Nope, you'll be eating your words"

*Matt wins*

"You're a definite slaver"

"No I'm not, wait and see, I've won ?4500"

"Right then, prove you put the bet on"

"HAHAHAHAHAHA GOTCHA! I DIDN'T PUT THE BET ON AT ALL, I'VE NOT WON ?4.5K AND YOU ALL FELL FOR IT!"

"This is the shittest wind up ever"

"No wayz, I'm loving how many people bit on my great wind up and fell for me putting the bet on"

:vrface:

Let's face it, Jeepers Creepers; this whole sorry escapade is 110% certified, 24 carat honking shenanigans. Making a complete Noel Hunt of yourself ain't no way to execute a "hoax". Try a leaf out of Ruprecht's book next time:

dirty%20rotten%20scoundrels-thumb-572xauto-174308.jpg

this_is_my_story

Mind you, the manic triumphalism over the last few pages is making me wonder whether I'm in the minority by having a steady relationship with a real, live female lady of the opposite sex. (cue the confusion)

I've just had a look at this thread, and your thoughts echo those of my own!

The Jeepers dude might be a bit odd, but there are a few posters on this thread who could maybe do with getting out a wee bit more. :thumbsup:

I've just had a look at this thread, and your thoughts echo those of my own!

The Jeepers dude might be a bit odd, but there are a few posters on this thread who could maybe do with getting out a wee bit more. :thumbsup:

At least this guy gets it :thumbsup:

Charles, I don't have a spare grand kicking about to put on the x factor. I never put a bet on the x factor so I never lost out on any money at all. Lets say Barcelona are 3/1 to win the champions league and i'm sitting there after they steamroller Man Utd 5-0 in the final, I sit back with my feet up thinking " waw, I could have had ?500 on at 3/1" I've not LOST ?2000 have I? I've not lost anything. I've just not gained anything. I'm sure every winning bet looks great in hindsight.

I tell you what though, I've gained a barrell of laughs watching the chaos unfold over the past few days. :woot:

But it doesn't change the fact that it wasn't a wind up, you wanted people to believe you, only two people did and they're the ones you've made a fool of here, not us.

Don't you think it's tragic to lie about something, keep up a pretense for near on 18 pages, only to make up another lie about it being a prank when you've made a royal tit of yourself?

Archived