The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Carl Fredrickson
On 05/06/2021 at 23:40, rudi must stay said:

Cruella

Aside from the music I thought this was brilliant. I won't say anything about that but people will understand, if you watch alot of films, why that lost it a point. Other than that, exciting film with brilliant acting. I would love to see Emma Stone and Emma Thompson pick up Oscar Nominations 

9/10

Took the kids to see it today and all three of us loved it. Emma Thompson was amazing and young Ms Stone played her role very, very well.

I would be nit-picking to find fault with it. Re the music, it didnt bother me as much as I might have if the film wasnt as good.

Kevin & Perry Go Large , 21 years ago that came out and the soundtracks still a belter

Chicane or Sash?

All i wanna do is do it

Excuse me Mr and Mrs Paterson em Could I have jam sandwich please?

Unknown user
2 hours ago, sadj said:

Kevin & Perry Go Large , 21 years ago that came out and the soundtracks still a belter

Chicane or Sash?

All i wanna do is do it

Excuse me Mr and Mrs Paterson em Could I have jam sandwich please?

Eyeball Paul!

Harry Potter

John Wick 2014,   you would never short change this guy 😮.

Sky cinema, 8/10.

Edited by Harry Potter

Carl Fredrickson

The Father

Hopkins is outstanding and Coleman (Olivia, not Chris) is great in her support role. Very emotional film 9/10

Tommy Brown
12 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Father

Hopkins is outstanding and Coleman (Olivia, not Chris) is great in her support role. Very emotional film 9/10

Where did you view this Carl  please

Carl Fredrickson
28 minutes ago, Tommy Brown said:

Where did you view this Carl  please

Odeon cinema. I believe others on this thread may advise on where to watch it online

Under The Skin

Art-house sci-fi nonsense.

Scarlett Johansson plays an alien cruising the streets of Glasgow in a transit van looking for men to seduce and devour.

No comprehensible storyline.

A full frontal Scarlett is the only bonus. 

Edited by Cade

The Devil Below

Short, sharp new horror on Netflix. A scientific team head to the Apalachians to discover the real fate of a town that disappeared overnight following a mining disaster. Atmospheric with shades of John Carpenter and The Descent. I've seen many bad horror films but I really enjoyed this and has a likeable turn from the lead actress. 

7/10

JudyJudyJudy
On 17/06/2021 at 20:21, Carl Fredrickson said:

The Father

Beautiful film . Hopkins was outstanding . The scene in the hospital had me in tears 

14 hours ago, Cade said:

Under The Skin

Art-house sci-fi nonsense.

Scarlett Johansson plays an alien cruising the streets of Glasgow in a transit van looking for men to seduce and devour.

No comprehensible storyline.

A full frontal Scarlett is the only bonus. 

Pile of 💩 watched it for 20 mins then binned it 

JudyJudyJudy

“ 12 angry men “ no it’s not about the Corona virus thread ! It’s the classic jury court drama . 1958 film with and outstanding cast lead by Henry Fonda ( one of my all time favourite actors , so warm and real on screen ) Lee J cobb , Robert Webber and countless other great supporting actors . It’s fascinating how the Fonda character dissects the case . Superb. 

5 hours ago, JamesM48 said:

“ 12 angry men “ no it’s not about the Corona virus thread ! It’s the classic jury court drama . 1958 film with and outstanding cast lead by Henry Fonda ( one of my all time favourite actors , so warm and real on screen ) Lee J cobb , Robert Webber and countless other great supporting actors . It’s fascinating how the Fonda character dissects the case . Superb. 

Absolutely fantastic film 👍. Aged really well, classic. 

Trial by Fire - Netflix 

true story about Cameron Willingham who is convicted of the house fire murder of his three young children. Under Texas law he was put on death row. Fascinating film about the travesty of the US system - once again. A hard watch and an emotional one.

8/10

Edited by 1971fozzy

JudyJudyJudy
On 19/06/2021 at 13:42, Vansen said:

The Devil Below

Short, sharp new horror on Netflix. A scientific team head to the Apalachians to discover the real fate of a town that disappeared overnight following a mining disaster. Atmospheric with shades of John Carpenter and The Descent. I've seen many bad horror films but I really enjoyed this and has a likeable turn from the lead actress. 

7/10

This looks no bad if you are comparing it to the great John CArpenter . His remake of “ The thing “ is one of my all time favourite horrors . 

JudyJudyJudy
18 hours ago, GinRummy said:

Absolutely fantastic film 👍. Aged really well, classic. 

👍

34 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

This looks no bad if you are comparing it to the great John CArpenter . His remake of “ The thing “ is one of my all time favourite horrors . 

Oh, totally, I really like the recent version of the Thing, but his is an absolute classic, with a great ending :)

Edited by Vansen

JudyJudyJudy
6 minutes ago, Vansen said:

Oh, totally, I really like the recent version of the Thing, but his is an absolute classic, with a great ending :)

Oh didn’t know they had remade the remake lol ! 

On 17/06/2021 at 23:13, Caramoon said:

Restless Natives. It was on bbc scotland channel last night. I'd forgot how decent it was.

I switched off.

Can remember really liking it when it first came out.

Never stood the test of time for me.

52 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Oh didn’t know they had remade the remake lol ! 

Yeah, its not a remake tho, its set before Carpenters version, and the films flow virtually back to back! 

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Vansen said:

Yeah, its not a remake tho, its set before Carpenters version, and the films flow virtually back to back! 

Sounds good I’ll check it out 

Tommy Brown

The Father

Seen a tv advert for Film4 showing this.

Only says "coming soon" on the website.

Also "Dream Horse".

Carl Fredrickson
2 hours ago, Tommy Brown said:

The Father

Seen a tv advert for Film4 showing this.

Only says "coming soon" on the website.

Also "Dream Horse".

Both are worth watching.

luckyBatistuta

Nobody 

A brilliant watch. The perfect music at the perfect time, hilarious film.

I caught the last half of Once upon a time in Hollywood. (I've never really paid attention before) 

The Masons bit at the end. 🤣 Brad and the Dog, class. 

Leonardo has to be the best actor in the last 25 years and one of the greats. Brilliant in everything. 

I will watch the whole film when I get the chance. 

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I caught the last half of Once upon a time in Hollywood. (I've never really paid attention before) 

Leonardo has to be the best actor in the last 25 years and one of the greats. Brilliant in everything. 

It’s bloody superb. In fact think I’ll put it on tonight. Wait till you see the Bruce Lee scene 🤣🤣🤣

There Will Be Blood (Netflix)

8/10

Seen it before. Just as good on repeat watch. Brilliant performance by Day-Lewis and excellent soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood.

The Ice Road

New Liam Neeson thriller on Amazon about Big riggers hauling drilling equipment over dangerous terrain to save trapped miners.  

Nice score, beautifully shot, switch off the brain type film and i really enjoyed this. 

7/10

10 hours ago, Ray Gin said:

There Will Be Blood (Netflix)

8/10

Seen it before. Just as good on repeat watch. Brilliant performance by Day-Lewis and excellent soundtrack by Jonny Greenwood.

Quality film. The preacher was hilarious

Runners 1/10  (1983) film four.    Was recommended as a hidden gem.    I'd recommend they hide it and never find it again.    Load of pish.   Typical film that it interests you until you get so frustrated with the main characters you want to throw your TV out the window.    

On 24/06/2021 at 05:58, ri Alban said:

Pitts character's suppose to be loosely based on Burt Reynolds stuntman, as similar characters.    The scene on the boat I think has similarity with Robert Wagner. 

Great film.   

Savage Vince
1 minute ago, HMFC01 said:

Pitts character's suppose to be loosely based on Burt Reynolds stuntman, as similar characters.    The scene on the boat I think has similarity with Robert Wagner. 

Great film.   

Definitely more than a nod towards Wagner there. 

rudi must stay

In The Heights

Good film overall some scenes I felt really worked. But I didn't like the vain undertone it had, beautiful people acting however they feel.

5/10

I see you, 7/10 . Clever thriller with Helen hunt about missing children and an interlinking plot about kids phrogging or something, had never heard of the phrase. Anyway it’s really good

Dagger Is Back

Quiet Place 2 5/10

Jumped a couple of times at the Odeon Westerhailes which lead to a coffee spillage   which means I’ll take water next time.

Did make me realise that if it ever happened my family would be the first to go given the inability of our kids to do what they’re told, a dug that barks at its own shadow and parents who can barely stand to be in the same room as each other 

I watched Muscle, which had Craig Fairbrass and some other ex Eastenders boy in it.

Rather graphic orgy scene. I was quite taken aback. 🤣

Dennis Reynolds

Fast and Furious 9 - 5/10

It's 100% absolute nonsense but gets extra points for some great action scenes and the fact Edinburgh looks absolutely amazing in it.

I've barely seen any of the previous 8 so really didn't have a scooby what was going on at quite a few bits but I don't think it really mattered. It seems like they just make it up as they go along.

On 25/06/2021 at 22:57, HMFC01 said:

Runners 1/10  (1983) film four.    Was recommended as a hidden gem.    I'd recommend they hide it and never find it again.    Load of pish.   Typical film that it interests you until you get so frustrated with the main characters you want to throw your TV out the window.    

Watched that this morning on 4player. Was expecting it to be good, given subject matter, but they could barely have made it worse. 

Ron Burgundy
On 26/06/2021 at 20:36, Dagger Is Back said:

Quiet Place 2 5/10

Jumped a couple of times at the Odeon Westerhailes which lead to a coffee spillage   which means I’ll take water next time.

Did make me realise that if it ever happened my family would be the first to go given the inability of our kids to do what they’re told, a dug that barks at its own shadow and parents who can barely stand to be in the same room as each other 

😄

I quite liked the first one.

JudyJudyJudy
On 26/06/2021 at 22:44, neilnunb said:

I watched Muscle, which had Craig Fairbrass and some other ex Eastenders boy in it.

Rather graphic orgy scene. I was quite taken aback. 🤣

Where was this on ? 😂😂😂 asking for a friend 

JudyJudyJudy

“The killing “ 1956 its another old classic . One of Stanley Kubricks first films about a race course robbery / heist . It’s a brilliant well paced film . Sterling Hayden is the lead ( usually quite a wooden actor ) but was not too bad in this . Fine cast of great supporting actors and actresses though ( I am a real film buff so tend to know them all ) Elisha Cook was superb as was Marie Windsor as the treacherous girl friend . 9/10 . I watched it on Film 4 

25 minutes ago, JamesM48 said:

Where was this on ? 😂😂😂 asking for a friend 

Haha  Sky movies 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, neilnunb said:

Haha  Sky movies 

lol ok I’ll tell him 😂

Dagger Is Back
15 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

😄

🤣 Yeah me too but I think it maybe should have been left as a one off.

Dagger Is Back
15 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

😄

🤣 Yeah me too but I think it maybe should have been left as a one off.

JudyJudyJudy

“ Narrow margin “ 1990   rewatched this terrific film again . It’s a remake of the classic film noir of the 1950s. It’s one of those rare remakes which is just as good or even better than the original . Gene Hackman and Anne Archer star in it . It’s about a woman on the run and he plays a cop protecting her on a train which the baddies are trying to kill her . It’s fast moving stuff  and never a dull moment . Plus the bonus of the great Canadian scenery . Hackman is / was a tremendous actor . He can play any genre . Brilliant 10/10 from me .