The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Anybody seen Old yet? Tried to watch it on the Firestick last night, got about 50 mins in (with my app crashing a lot for some reason so really about 90mins stop start) only to realise that I was watching a completely different film, which turned out to be Wrong Turn. I kept assuming these teens were going to end up getting to the beach I'd seen in the trailer. No luck. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing Old. 

Watched Fatherhood last night on Netlfix, that was decent. 

William H. Bonney

Hunter Hunter 6/10

Joseph and his family live in the remote wilderness as fur trappers, but their tranquility is threatened when they think they are being hunted by the return of a rogue wolf, and Joseph leaves them behind to track it.

Slightly spoiled by an absurd ending but still worth watching. 

JudyJudyJudy

“ Looking for love “ it’s a Storyville documentary of BBC iPlayer About the double murder of  a couple by their daughter and her boyfriend ( possibly) both got convicted for it but turned against each other to hopefully get a reduced sentence . It’s possibly a real whodunnit as such . Excellent 8/10 

JudyJudyJudy

“ Looking for love “ it’s a Storyville documentary of BBC iPlayer About the double murder of  a couple by their daughter and her boyfriend ( possibly) both got convicted for it but turned against each other to hopefully get a reduced sentence . It’s possibly a real whodunnit as such . Excellent 8/10 

Memento (iPlayer) 

9/10

Seen it before but still superb on repeat viewing. The way the story unravels is genius. 

Samuel Camazzola
On 28/07/2021 at 21:04, Ray Gin said:

Memento (iPlayer) 

9/10

Seen it before but still superb on repeat viewing. The way the story unravels is genius. 

Great film. The DVD extras included a version of the film in the 'correct order' which was interesting to watch. 

Carl Fredrickson

Saw Old last night. Really enjoyable film that held my attention. Not the greatest acting but an interesting story/plot. A solid 7/10

F9 - 2/10 and those 2 are for the scenes in Edinburgh. I did not think they could get even more ridiculous but they managed it with the same plot from every other fast and furious movie.

Dennis Reynolds

The Suicide Squad. 8/10. Really enjoyed it and much better than the first try. Completely different take with a good mix of humour and action. 

Pig, with Nicholas cage, 2/10

about a recluse in the woods and his efforts to get his stolen pot belly pig back. No,seriously.

got a 7 on IMDb, that’s my defence😁

Carl Fredrickson
15 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Pig, 4/10. Nicolas cage in a film about his pig that gets stolen. Abysmal 

3 hours ago, Muppetboy said:

Pig, with Nicholas cage, 2/10

about a recluse in the woods and his efforts to get his stolen pot belly pig back. No,seriously.

got a 7 on IMDb, that’s my defence😁

Did the film get worse after your sleep? :)

Carl Fredrickson
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Oops I’d had a beer last night lol thought my review seemed deja vuish😂

:groundhog:

rudi must stay

The Jungle Cruise

Reminded me of Tintin from a technical point of view, I love that film for its use of colour and the sets. The attention to detail here is astonishing, the buildings that are in it for seconds, every single scene and it's all been built for real. This film is brilliant 

10/10

Edited by rudi must stay

Carl Fredrickson

Jungle Cruise.

Colourful, funny and action packed Disney action film for all the family. Kids loved it 7/10

JudyJudyJudy

Im Enjoying the Laurel and Hardy season on channel 81 ( Talking pictures ) 

Sons of the desert 

Way out west 

The Laurel and Hardy Murder case 

Blockheads

A chump at Oxford 

all classics . They had a warm and real chemistry between them on screen . The greatest comedy coupled IMO . 

Offscreen they had a long life lasting friendship . Stan was apparently inconsolable when Ollie died . 

On 02/08/2021 at 08:43, jonesy said:

Watched Donnie Brasco for the second time last night, but the first time in English (last time was about 10 years ago). Thing that struck me was that, in the film, Jonnie Depp doesn't look anywhere near old enough to have a wife and three kids. Other than that, feels pretty authentic.

Forget about it! He was 32 at the time of filming.

John Findlay

Mutiny on the Bounty(1963 version).

Trevor Howard plays Captain William Bligh.

Marlon Brando plays Lieutenant Fletcher Christian.

Richard Harris, Percy Herbert, and Gordon Jackson play pressed ganged crew members.

Overall a decent film and good telling of the events.

Howard makes a good captain Bligh and Marlon Brando does a reasonable English accent and is very decent imho Fletcher Christian.

7.5/10.

Just put on Jungle Cruise anyone seen it?

Fast 9 I watched at the weekend. I love the Fast films but this was even more ridiculous than the sub one. Wasn’t my favourite but as part was filmed in Edinburgh it can have pass marks 6/10

Carl Fredrickson

Suicide Squad. Nice way to escape from real life for a couple of hours. Decent soundtrack, a few funny bits, lots of violence. Margot Robbie and Sylvester Stallones best role since Rocky. 8/10

John Findlay
On 04/08/2021 at 22:13, sadj said:

Just put on Jungle Cruise anyone seen it?

Fast 9 I watched at the weekend. I love the Fast films but this was even more ridiculous than the sub one. Wasn’t my favourite but as part was filmed in Edinburgh it can have pass marks 6/10

Walked past even through the film set everyday when they were filming the scene on Waterloo place and Calton Road.

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

Walked past even through the film set everyday when they were filming the scene on Waterloo place and Calton Road.

Yet you didnt kidnap Nathalie Emmanuel 🤨

John Findlay
10 minutes ago, sadj said:

Yet you didnt kidnap Nathalie Emmanuel 🤨

Nah, I tried to kidnap Scarlett Johannson from the set of Avengers infinity war when the set was in Waverley Station for 5 months.😉

8 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Nah, I tried to kidnap Scarlett Johannson from the set of Avengers infinity war when the set was in Waverley Station for 5 months.😉

Did you succeed is the scarjo we see not a fake robot imposter , meanwhile the real one is in Findlay dungeons 🤔🤔

William H. Bonney

Blood red sky 7/10

The ending is very rushed but the majority of the film, onboard the plane, is excellent. 
It’s a very good vampire film. 

the suicide squad 6/10 - ok film better than most of the recent DC attempts.

Spoiler

however it seemed like james gunn decided to make a whole film out of the opening scene from guardians of the galaxy 2 and to try and get around that he killed lots of characters needlessly and in the most pathetic ways. i hope he sorts himself out for GOTG 3

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

the suicide squad 6/10 - ok film better than most of the recent DC attempts.

Hide contents

however it seemed like james gunn decided to make a whole film out of the opening scene from guardians of the galaxy 2 and to try and get around that he killed lots of characters needlessly and in the most pathetic ways. i hope he sorts himself out for GOTG 3

Just put it on. Cheeky wee 4k version , only seen the opening scene 🥴

4 hours ago, Furious Styles said:

Blood red sky 7/10

The ending is very rushed but the majority of the film, onboard the plane, is excellent. 
It’s a very good vampire film. 

Stakes On A Plane. 

F9 :facepalm: 

Watch the bit where he jumps from the tour bus onto a van/lorry/truck. They didn't even bother to edit out the harness pulling him back to his feet. The rest, how the hell do the get away with this shite. 

John Findlay
21 hours ago, sadj said:

Did you succeed is the scarjo we see not a fake robot imposter , meanwhile the real one is in Findlay dungeons 🤔🤔

If only 🤣

1 hour ago, John Findlay said:

If only 🤣

I feel your pain 🤣 prob why they never shot a suicide squad or the harley quinn film near mine. Whats that Margot has been missing for 3weeks. “Oh shes not kissing shes partying wi some bloke she met” ffs

John Findlay
1 minute ago, sadj said:

I feel your pain 🤣 prob why they never shot a suicide squad or the harley quinn film near mine. Whats that Margot has been missing for 3weeks. “Oh shes not kissing shes partying wi some bloke she met” ffs

🤣

On 24/07/2021 at 23:08, Greedy Jambo said:

A bit cheesy and it's been done before ( a history of violence) but i like the look of this. 

It's right up my street. 

Just watched this. Enjoyable action nonsense. Not a role I would expect Bob Odenkirk in, but he was great. 

7/10

JudyJudyJudy

“ Sophie a murder in west Cork “ 4 episodes documentary about the murder of a socialite type French woman in Cork . Very interesting and the chief suspect is an interesting character ! 

“ Murder by the coast “ this was excellent documentary about a young girl murdered in Spain ( Malaga ) and that’s just the beginning of the story . It’s branches out to different areas . It’s riveting stuff . Excellent 

Both on Netflix 

Interstellar.

I always seem to be late to the table when it comes to really good films.

Anyway this is a cracker. Real mind bender with theory of time travel, black holes and 3rd to 5th dimensions.

Matthew McConnaughey who I really like as an actor in the lead role. Great special effects. Couple of really emotional scenes.

Its a strong 9/10 film.

Recommended.

William H. Bonney
14 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

fear street part 1 1994. 5/10 i see what they were trying but the failed to live upto that

Parts 2 and 3 are equally pish. The director spent too much time concentrating on the soundtrack and neglected the direction. 

Anna.  8/10

It's about a young Russian woman who gets out of an abusive domestic situation and becomes an assassin for the KGB.  Good cast and some excellent action scenes.  A couple of interesting twists in the plot.