The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

5 hours ago, rudi must stay said:

Midnight Sky

Pretty good. Nice visually 

7/10

Just watched that today, and was surprised to see Portobello Beach get a mention! In the scene at the party where the younger version of Clooney's character Augustine meets Jean, she asks him if he's ever been to "Portobello Beach near Edinburgh", and describes it as "beautiful" and a "tourist attraction" that he has to visit it if he can :lol:

Edited by PortyJambo

Just finished an entertaining rerun of the back to the future trilogy. 

9/10

I understood where they went at the end.  Though the doc' didn't say where,  you get a hint of where earlier in the third one.   Never really understood before.   Having watched (not read)  jules verne movies helped. 

I think the first movie in the trilogy is Christmasy, only for a moment, you get a date in the delorean  car early before marty travels.  Apart from that, wasn't a Christmas movie 😁 

Enjoyed them 👍 all. 

luckyBatistuta

Fatman...A movie about Santa, very dark though. Don’t watch it if you want a warm fuzzy xmas feeling inside, it’s not for you. My wife thought it was rotten, but my boys and I thought it was alright.

Seymour M Hersh

It's a Wonderful life. Last night with Mrs Hersh after a drive around town to take in the lovely Christmas decorations one peoples houses and flats. 

19 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Just watched that today, and was surprised to see Portobello Beach get a mention! In the scene at the party where the younger version of Clooney's character Augustine meets Jean, she asks him if he's ever been to "Portobello Beach near Edinburgh", and describes it as "beautiful" and a "tourist attraction" that he has to visit it if he can :lol:

I enjoyed this movie despite the poor reviews, from the opposite end of the spectrum I liked Wade in The Water.

Low budget, no name actors, no special effects but thoroughly enjoyable.

Carl Fredrickson

Soul - the latest Pixar feature length film

It failed to hold my kids attention (aged 5 & 10) but I loved it. 

The animation is very impressive with mixed styles and the music is excellent (and I am not a fan of jazz)

A Few Good Men just finished.

Enjoyed it.

Just left me wondering - are there really folk who generally take pot shots at US soldiers from the other side of the fence?

43 minutes ago, Boof said:

A Few Good Men just finished.

Enjoyed it.

Just left me wondering - are there really folk who generally take pot shots at US soldiers from the other side of the fence?

Do you mean the investigative lawyer types as the folk from the other side? 

Was a gripping and tense ending though, I watched it earlier this year.  I enjoyed it.

I always seemed to stay clear of it because of the constant impersonations of Nicholson "you can't handle the truth" line.   I always anticipated it as a bore fest.  The end is the best bit, but you need the build up of the movie to get there. 

I'll give it 7/10.   

15 minutes ago, HMFC01 said:

Do you mean the investigative lawyer types as the folk from the other side? 

No - I meant the Nicholson character stating that he ate breakfast 300 yards from people who'd be trying to shoot him.

Just wondered if that really was the case at Guantanamo?

4 minutes ago, Boof said:

No - I meant the Nicholson character stating that he ate breakfast 300 yards from people who'd be trying to shoot him.

Just wondered if that really was the case at Guantanamo?

I get you now.    Jack's character seemed forthright enough he could be truthful.   Whether it really happened at all is another question. 

Just part of the adaption of a true story, perhaps.   I never went that far myself to find out. 

Although I thought the people got military support during hurricanes and other disasters.   So I would think they wouldn't antagonise them. 

Jack Reacher, have watched the 2nd (Never Go Back) a couple of years back and didn't particularly enjoy (I'd read the book first) This one, I've not read the book and really enjoyed it.

Dr Sleep, again enjoyed the book and found the movie utterly dreadful. Pity, as I recently rewatched The Shining in preparation ( great movie of its day).

Put on ‘Jingle All the Way’ for the kids with it being one of my favourite Christmas films as a wee man...yep, still love it

15 hours ago, Carl Fredrickson said:

Soul - the latest Pixar feature length film

It failed to hold my kids attention (aged 5 & 10) but I loved it. 

The animation is very impressive with mixed styles and the music is excellent (and I am not a fan of jazz)

I watched this and I thoroughly enjoyed it, 

Definitely recommend. 

Son of a Gun (on Amazon Prime)

7/10

Australian crime thriller about a young petty criminal who gets taken under the wing of an armed robber (Ewan McGregor) while in prison.

Okay JKB massive. Looking for an 80's film (I think) where the male lead asks a female her name and she replies Shauna or similar. An acapella group then sings Shauna or similar. It's been doing my head in for days

19 minutes ago, Jamhammer said:

Okay JKB massive. Looking for an 80's film (I think) where the male lead asks a female her name and she replies Shauna or similar. An acapella group then sings Shauna or similar. It's been doing my head in for days

That I think happens in Ferris buellers day off, maybe when his sister leaves the police station

Richard Jewell: 9/10

Watched it last month.   Thought it deserved a mention.   Based on a historic real event, real charachters. 

I am glad I watched it, I had no idea just how hard the person accused got it.  Very emotional, quite a range of emotions for the viewer,  I felt for the guy and his family.   Another clint eastwood quality movie. 

Probably not a great choice if you're looking for something cheery and fun.   If you like like true movies with real life drama, it's a great wee movie, informative as well for ignorant folk like me.   

10 hours ago, milky_26 said:

That I think happens in Ferris buellers day off, maybe when his sister leaves the police station

Nailed it thanks mate.

I must have watched it 50 times over the years but discounted it here cos I know her name is Jeanie in it

The Gentlemen

Meh!

5/10

Trying too hard to be a Tarantino movie.  It's not.

Ends up being exactly what it is - a Guy Ritchie movie   - A budget British Tarantino movie. 

Everyone raved about Hugh Grant in it, but he was just hamming it up.  That's not good acting.

Tenet . Genuinely no idea what the fek that was all about. Looked good and sounded good but completely at a loss with the plot ???  

Edited by 1971fozzy

Finally remembered to watch Stan & Ollie.

I'm a huge Laurel & Hardy fan, this was absolutely wonderfully done. My eyes were welled up at the end.

Coogan superb but somehow outdone by John C Reilly as Ollie.

Don't normally score my movies.

10/10

Tenaciousdandy
15 hours ago, 1971fozzy said:

Tenet . Genuinely no idea what the fek that was all about. Looked good and sounded good but completely at a loss with the plot ???  

We didn't finish it, the sound was to much and the actors mumbled, and for the plot it was all over the place

1 hour ago, Dandyman79 said:

We didn't finish it, the sound was to much and the actors mumbled, and for the plot it was all over the place

I like Denzel Jnr, but I switched this off after the opening theatre Bollox. 

On 26/12/2020 at 10:48, Barack said:

Wonder Woman 84.

So, so bad. Up there with one of the worst comic film's there's ever been.

If I'd paid money at the cinema for that, I'd have been tempted to press charges for robbery.

Oft that was all over the place as a movie.

Just seemed like they had no clear direction for the film.

Read the director Patty Jenkins said there will be a 3rd movie 🤦‍♂️

Tenaciousdandy
22 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I like Denzel Jnr, but I switched this off after the opening theatre Bollox. 

Yeah I like him as a actor as well and was really looking forward to the film,  managed to last until about 30 mins to go but we got tired and went to bed and have just not bothered to finish it amd probably won't I tend to not watch trailers there days as they all spoil the film but wish I had for this one 

luckyBatistuta
On 23/12/2020 at 19:24, Dawnrazor said:

The Evil Dead.

9/10, still a classic after all these years, I first saw it as a "Pirate Video" (remember them?!) when I was at school.

I’ve got all of them all, fantastic films. 

On 23/12/2020 at 22:53, Dawnrazor said:

I've got "Scanners" on now, I'll give it a good 17/19 as I've seen it dozens of times before.

Woah, another blast from the past. A long time since I’ve seen that.

On 29/12/2020 at 08:54, Carl Fredrickson said:

Downhill on Now TV. Awful film best avoided. 

It was awful. The original version called Force Majeure was really, really good. The comedy in it was the discomfort of the male lead and watching it made you feel really embarrassed for him, proper cringing for him but really funny. 

Dagger Is Back

Official Secrets 8/10

Based on the true story of a GCHQ whistle blower ahead of the Iraq war. Makes me wonder what the film will be like covering CV

It’s available on Prime

Dagger Is Back

You Should Have Left 5/10

Strange thriller starring Kevin Bacon about a man with a haunted past and a house that isn’t all that it seems 

It’s available on Prime

Watched Jojo Rabbit.

what a tremendous film. Had me laughing and just about greeting. Real rollercoaster of a film. Brilliant. And has Scarlett Johannson 👍

rudi must stay

Wild Rose

Another tick for young talent Jessie Buckley. Seems a great actress and this is a film that I quite enjoyed. I'd say 7.5/10

Heat - Directors cut on Amazon Prime.

Bizarrely, I had never seen it before.  De Niro and Pacino in the same movie, but hardly actually any scenes together.  Pacino just does his normal shout acting.

Could pick a pile of holes in the plot/scenes, but still good though.

8/10

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Watched Jojo Rabbit.

what a tremendous film. Had me laughing and just about greeting. Real rollercoaster of a film. Brilliant. And has Scarlett Johannson 👍

Great film.  Anything that has Scarlett in it gets 2 extra points.

Have you seen Under The Skin?

19 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Great film.  Anything that has Scarlett in it gets 2 extra points.

Have you seen Under The Skin?

no not seen that one . Any good ?

7 minutes ago, 1971fozzy said:

Depends what you’re looking for from her. I just thought it was weird. 

7 minutes ago, Tazio said:

Depends what you’re looking for from her. I just thought it was weird. 

just read up on it. Think I’ll check it out lol

1 hour ago, 1971fozzy said:

Amazing piece of... ermmmm.... cinema.

😉

:ruiner:

It is a very strange movie though.

Edited by Lovecraft

35 minutes ago, Lovecraft said:

Amazing piece of... ermmmm.... cinema.

😉

:ruiner:

It is a very strange movie though.

🤣🤣🤣

1 minute ago, 1971fozzy said:

🤣🤣🤣

Maybe watch it when your missus isn't around.

Scarlett has the perfect amount of badoink in it.  Just the perfect amount of lady fat.

1 minute ago, Lovecraft said:

Maybe watch it when your missus isn't around.

Scarlett has the perfect amount of badoink in it.  Just the perfect amount of lady fat.

ordered it on prime video. She’s on nights from tmw 🤣👍