The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Good Will Hunting. Watched it last week but its been on again tonight which reminded me.

Also Dead Poets Society so that the 2 best Robin Williams films right there in 7 days!

16 hours ago, VladMagic said:

Good Will Hunting. Watched it last week but its been on again tonight which reminded me.

Also Dead Poets Society so that the 2 best Robin Williams films right there in 7 days!

I watched DPS the other day. Dr Wilson was in it.

Good Morning Vietnam is his best.

Edited by ri Alban

Last Flag Flying.. Three Vietnam vets are reunited to bury one of their sons who has been killed in Iraq. Could have been stronger but worth watching for Bryan Cranstons turn. 7/10

rudi must stay
6 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I watched DPS the other day. Dr Wilson was in it.

Good Morning Vietnam is his best.

Insomnia he's very good in too

Shanks said no

Irreplaceable You

7/10

One for the ladies but a decent enough watch. Wife thought it would be your standard loving couple with one of them dying but its a little bit different. Added bonus is the supporting role played by Christopher Walken as a fellow member of the cancer self help group. On Netflix.

Disser Pointon
6 hours ago, Wham Bam Austin McCann said:

Just watched King Arthur on Sky Cinema. Decent enough if you like the far fetched Lord of the Rings type stuff.

You are joking aren't you, it was absolute drivel and the acting was dire!!?? IMO of course.

Anyway, watched the much Hyped The Shape of Water last night, really don't see what the critics are raving about, struggled to make it to the end. 5/10.

1 hour ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

You are joking aren't you, it was absolute drivel and the acting was dire!!?? IMO of course.

Anyway, watched the much Hyped The Shape of Water last night, really don't see what the critics are raving about, struggled to make it to the end. 5/10.

Yeah the acting wasn't the best but I thought it was decent enough. 

Where Eagles Dare 10/10

Was on Channel 5 last night and couldn't resist watching again.They don't make them like this anymore absolute classic.

2 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

That's some bathroom door they had to hold that water in with just a couple of towels :lol:

Disser Pointon
7 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

That's some bathroom door they had to hold that water in with just a couple of towels :lol:

It was nonsense all round, that just summed it up!!!

Couple of days ago went to see the Black Panther. My mate is a marvel fan and enjoyed it. I don't know the story and found it pretty boring. 4/10.

William H. Bonney

Wind river 8/10

I really enjoyed this. Jeremy Reiner is terrific as a tracker assisting the fbi I'm hunting a killer. 

Scream. 8/10

Not watched it in 20 years. Still holds up. 

The Real Maroonblood

Hadn't watched The Guns of Navarone for a long time.

Watched the recording last night. 

Still a great movie. 

The Death of Stalin

10/10

Hilarious.  Armando Iannucci directed so essentially The thick of It but in 1953 CCCP.

Buscemi excellent as Khruschev but, for me, Issacs as Zhukov was superb.  Honourable mentions to Palin as Molotov and Paddy Considine as the radio producer.

Will watch again and again and again....

Christine

Not the one about the possessed car but about Christine Chubbuck, who was a newsreader in the 70s who suffered from depression and committed suicide live on air.

Pretty grim but thought the lead was pretty good. Michael C Hall from Dexter was also in it.

7/10

5 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Christine

Not the one about the possessed car but about Christine Chubbuck, who was a newsreader in the 70s who suffered from depression and committed suicide live on air.

Pretty grim but thought the lead was pretty good. Michael C Hall from Dexter was also in it.

7/10

Saw it in the cinema - think it does a good job of showing someone sliding into depression. 

Strong Island - nominated for best documentary Oscar. Shows the impact on the family after the murder of a black man in New York. Made in an interesting, unconventional way and really adds to its power. 8/10

The Shape of Water 

Didn't get all the hype. It was ok but didn't feel it was anything special.

7 out of 10.

Tommy Brown

Three Billboards

Avoided all the hype and write-ups, had no idea of the story or plot.

Great film, had to look up IMDB, as I thought the Coen's must be behind it, very similar feel, storyline and humour to likes of Fargo.

9/10

luckyBatistuta
5 hours ago, AndyNic said:

The Shape of Water 

Didn't get all the hype. It was ok but didn't feel it was anything special.

7 out of 10.

Thought it was garbage, another overhype, jump on the bandwagon oscar nominated film, like Moonlight was last year.

2 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Thought it was garbage, another overhype, jump on the bandwagon oscar nominated film, like Moonlight was last year.

Totally agree.

Watched the first 30mins of Baby Driver. Found the lead actor annoying as ****, like I was watching an episode of Glee. Might go back to it tomorrow but so far, not getting the hype.

18 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Watched the first 30mins of Baby Driver. Found the lead actor annoying as ****, like I was watching an episode of Glee. Might go back to it tomorrow but so far, not getting the hype.

I watched it on a flight and switched it off after half an hour too. Absolutely shite. 

9 minutes ago, Zico said:

I watched it on a flight and switched it off after half an hour too. Absolutely shite. 

Not even liking the soundtrack. If we win tomorrow and I'm in a good mood I'll pick it up again but if we lose it'll just piss me off even more.

48 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Not even liking the soundtrack. If we win tomorrow and I'm in a good mood I'll pick it up again but if we lose it'll just piss me off even more.

I didn’t realise it was a musical - I ****ing hate musicals!

Just spotted that Deadpool is on Netflix now. Well worth a watch, the only Marvel film that is super violent with foul language and humour. And a great supporting role for Lt Uhura from the original Star Trek. 

deesidejambo
On 03/03/2018 at 17:34, Tommy Brown said:

Three Billboards

Avoided all the hype and write-ups, had no idea of the story or plot.

Great film, had to look up IMDB, as I thought the Coen's must be behind it, very similar feel, storyline and humour to likes of Fargo.

9/10

Macdormand and Rockwell both got Oscars.   Quite right too as both were outstanding.

9 hours ago, Tazio said:

Just spotted that Deadpool is on Netflix now. Well worth a watch, the only Marvel film that is super violent with foul language and humour. And a great supporting role for Lt Uhura from the original Star Trek. 

Nichelle nichols is not in deadpool. It is another actress who plays the flatmate  

1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Nichelle nichols is not in deadpool. It is another actress who plays the flatmate  

Bugger. That’s been a bit of trivia I’ve used in the past. 

1 hour ago, Tazio said:

Bugger. That’s been a bit of trivia I’ve used in the past. 

Tbf I had to Google it to check. 

1 hour ago, The White Cockade said:

not a movie but just got series 1 of Shoestring on DVD

Brilliant!

Ban please mods.

Carl Fredrickson
15 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Wonder Woman

Loved it. Though a toss up between Lynda Carter and Gal Gadot for me. 

Watched the first half with my son last night and enjoyed it a lot more than I expected :)

Looking forward to the second half tonight. 

The Post. Bit disappointed. I’m very interested in that time in American history but I was bored shitless by the film. Meryl Streep taking an hour to deliver a line. At least Tom Hanks was decent. 4/10

On 02/03/2018 at 13:30, Boris said:

The Death of Stalin

10/10

Hilarious.  Armando Iannucci directed so essentially The thick of It but in 1953 CCCP.

Buscemi excellent as Khruschev but, for me, Issacs as Zhukov was superb.  Honourable mentions to Palin as Molotov and Paddy Considine as the radio producer.

Will watch again and again and again....

I haven’t managed to catch this yet but I’m looking forward to it no end