The Official JKB What Was The Last Film You Watched...

Guest GhostHunter

Francis Albert

Another thumbs down for the shape of water. Unbelievable (in a bad way) all round. And if you want to do a beauty and the beast the beast has to have some unredeeming features.

Watched The Death Of Stalin yesterday, very good and brilliantly written. It helps if you have a bit of knowledge of people in soviet history but is in no way essential as it would work as well if it had all been fictional characters. In addition to the actors Boris mentioned I would have to single out Simon Russell Beale as Beria. 

The White Cockade

aye I have just watched Wonder Woman tonight as I remember the original tv show

was a lot better than I thought it would be

and if I was 17 and not 57 I would deffo have a poster of Gal Godot up on the wall

absolutely gorgeous!

rudi must stay

I, Tonya

Fantastic film. From the first minute to the last a great watch and the soundtrack is brilliant

10/10

Finding Your Feet.8/10.

Brit-Com that is  funny,moving and uplifting.

Celia Imrie,Imelda Staunton and Timothy Spall excel in a movie that the British film industry does best.

rudi must stay

Paddington 2

Thoroughly enjoyed this film. What I liked was for me it has a totally different feel to the first (it's not a franchise with the same jokes over and over again), I actually think it's a better movie than the first one: it has alot of creativity and I think some of the scenes are extraordinarily well done, and it's a very funny movie as well

10/10

The Continental Op

Tomb Raider - the new Alicia Vikander version.

Re-boot to match the 'origin' video game.

Grittier and more human than the Angelina Jolie cartoon-ish version, but spends too much time on Lara's backstory as a young girl. Might be better watched in the 4DX enhanced screening rather than plain old 3D IMAX.

The usual death-defying stunts and sequences are a bit disconnected and feel like separate game sequences, and ending with obvious setup for continuing the series.

Alicia is gorgeous and quite endearing, though.

overall 7/10

Darkest Hour

Gary Oldman's performance is genuinely brilliant, but if it wasn't for him the movie would be made for TV or straight to DVD or whatever the modern expression is.

On 14/03/2018 at 23:15, rudi must stay said:

Paddington 2

Thoroughly enjoyed this film. What I liked was for me it has a totally different feel to the first (it's not a franchise with the same jokes over and over again), I actually think it's a better movie than the first one: it has alot of creativity and I think some of the scenes are extraordinarily well done, and it's a very funny movie as well

10/10

10/10 

Totally agree. 

chester copperpot

Watched Dallas Buyers Club as cpupdn't sleep during the night.

Utterly brilliant movie and thought McConnaghy was a completely shite actor until I saw him in this

9/10

25 minutes ago, Dawnrazor said:

Wonderwoman. 

5/10.

Bit of a drag to be honest. 

*edit*

2/10.

Load of pish. 

Star wars the last Jedi.   Massive fan of the originals however fell asleep watching this.....   4 out of 10 

...a bit disco
3 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

*edit*

2/10.

Load of pish. 

Really?

Gal Gadot?

Unknown user

Autohead. A documentary team films a rickshaw driver in Mumbai and witnesses things turning sinister.

Surprisingly good, the main dude was really convincing too 7/10

Tommy Brown

I, Tonya

Never heard until seeing it mentioned on this thread.

Surprisingly entertaining look at her bizarre life.

Recommend.

8 hours ago, ...a bit disco said:

Really?

Gal Gadot?

Granted, she's a wee ride, but even she couldn't save this film, slow, boring for huge sections with a few decent action scenes, too long, poor effort imo. 

rudi must stay

Gambit

Heard it was bad and it is a honking film. Terrible acting, even from the normally great Colin Firth. Gave up on it

2/10

Peter Rabbit 8/10

Took the wee man,niece and nephew to see this today. Kids loved it and have to admit that I enjoyed it myself. Some genuine laugh out loud moments.

Great fun.

Lady Bird...Enjoyable tale of an coming of age girl and her relationship with her mother.7/10.

Mary Magdalene....A different prospective from the usual prostitute Mary.

This Mary seemed to understand the message of Jesus better than the male followers.

Found the scenes with Jesus,Peter,Judas and the mother Mary interesting.

Some well done parts throughout the film but not for everyone.

I took the message that woman were struggling to be heard back in the day as some are now.

7/10 for me but I can understand why folk will find it boring and one of the worst films ever.

Ricky Gervais, humanity. Funny in parts but no need to make jokes about cot death. On no level can that be funny. I love the office, extras , derek etc but this soured me a little. 6/10

Disser Pointon
1 hour ago, Muppetboy said:

Ricky Gervais, humanity. Funny in parts but no need to make jokes about cot death. On no level can that be funny. I love the office, extras , derek etc but this soured me a little. 6/10

Cant stand Gervais even though I also liked the Office and Extras.

luckyBatistuta
6 hours ago, Bleedsmaroon said:

Cant stand Gervais even though I also liked the Office and Extras.

Cant stand him either, just don’t see what it is that has people rolling around laughing:mellow:

Just back from watching Peter Rabbit, the kids loved it.

My 9 year old gives it...10/10

It’s a...7/10 from myself

On 19/03/2018 at 21:48, benny said:

Lady Bird...Enjoyable tale of an coming of age girl and her relationship with her mother.7/10.

Mary Magdalene....A different prospective from the usual prostitute Mary.

This Mary seemed to understand the message of Jesus better than the male followers.

Found the scenes with Jesus,Peter,Judas and the mother Mary interesting.

Some well done parts throughout the film but not for everyone.

I took the message that woman were struggling to be heard back in the day as some are now.

7/10 for me but I can understand why folk will find it boring and one of the worst films ever.

Quite keen on this gonna try to catch it next week 

The Force - documentary about the Oakland police force trying to salvage their terrible reputation. Started very well but, as problems mounted, their access was clearly restricted. Worth watching though. 7/10

Berlin Syndrome - German/Aussie film about a backpacker who has a one night stand with a teacher who then locks her in the house. Half an hour too long or it would’ve been a great, taut thriller. 7/10

Black Panther. While reasonably enjoyable I don't really get the massive hysteria over it, or rather I think I do get the reason for the hype. Yes it's good to have a superhero film with a black cast and set in Africa but you need the whole film to match up to it. 

7/10

On 30/10/2017 at 07:52, chester copperpot said:

Anybody seen Geostorm yet?

Fancy going to see it but not sure what to make of the reviews

Dinny bother would be my advice. You have been warned. 

chester copperpot
2 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Dinny bother would be my advice. You have been warned. 

I tried one night and lasted about 20mins.

Something about that Gerrard Butler that has put me right off his films..................

gerard-butler-charity-match.jpg

1 hour ago, chester copperpot said:

I tried one night and lasted about 20mins.

Something about that Gerrard Butler that has put me right off his films..................

gerard-butler-charity-match.jpg

Aye sorry I was a tad late with the advice.

The Scotsman with the American Scotsman accent. Whats not to like :001_9898:

chester copperpot
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aye sorry I was a tad late with the advice.

The Scotsman with the American Scotsman accent. Whats not to like :001_9898:

I used to love James McEvoy films, then I saw him in this :boak:

nintchdbpict000121241673.jpg

54 minutes ago, chester copperpot said:

I used to love James McEvoy films, then I saw him in this :boak:

nintchdbpict000121241673.jpg

Aw FFS :facepalm:

rudi must stay
13 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

Aw FFS :facepalm:

Usual Celtic. Apparently everyone supports them, including Daniel Day Lewis. Have no problem with McAvoy, seems a good lad

You Were Never Really Here - new film by Scottish director Lynne Ramsay who made Ratcatcher and We Need To Talk About Kevin, both of which I loved. About a troubled ex-soldier earning a living finding kids who have been kidnapped by paedophile gangs, with one girl being the daughter of a politician who he strikes up a friendship with . Beautifully shot, excellent Jonny Greenwood score and Joaquin Phoenix is absolutely outstanding. The best film I’ve seen this year. 9/10

Carl Fredrickson

Watched Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory with the kids today. Still love the movie and it has aged better than I have. 9/10 - great family entertainment

Went to a free screening of Love Simon last week.

Its a cheesy coming of age, American high school film about a gay chap and coming out to his family and friends. I enjoyed it, 7/10. 

William H. Bonney

The ritual 7/10

It could have been a great horror film. There is a 15 minute section that lets it down but it has some genuinely scary moments. 

On 17/03/2018 at 20:53, Jamhammer said:

Watching The Death of Stalin and have been in hysterics since the first minute. Brilliant

Glad you enjoyed it! 

rudi must stay

Blade Runner 2049

This movie is absolutely astonishing. Incredible visuals, incredible music. The look of a movie: that's it right there. 

10/10

rudi must stay

Ready Player One

On the big screen I really recommend seeing this one. Only Spielberg could make a film so creative and exciting, and the acting from everyone is spot on

10/10

TyphoonJambo

Love honour and obey, a great British gangster film. Watched it loads of time and still cracks me up. Highly recommended.

Carl Fredrickson
19 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

Zulu. 

Absolute classic, first time my son has seen, he thought it was magic! 

10/10

My favourite movie. If the weather is crap tomorrow I might watch it. 

Game Night 6/10

Mad, corny story following a couple - Rachel McAdams and Jason Bateman (who in background story are trying to conceive baby) and friends addicted to games. A set up Cluedo like set up goes wrong, or does it?  It's typical American slapstick comedy. 

While I found it a bit lame at times I did enjoy it and I'd say it's a feel good movie. It works. 

Edited by Mikey1874