Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

Drylaw Hearts

Do you think we should bow to his demands?

The only reason I ask is that these threads appear to blame Vlad and the regime immediately without ever asking is the player making the demands worth anything near what they are demanding and then add the of course we are bound to believe your "inside info" on contract negotiations as gospel.

I think most folk are questioning the timing of the meeting.

Cast your mind back to first match of the season v Hibs a few years back when Velicka was called over to Lithuanian and missed the game which saw Bennyuseless make his debut in a 1-0 defeat.

That was a mistake and this situation is also a mistake.

This should have been sorted out 2 months ago.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Seymour M Hersh

I think most folk are questioning the timing of the meeting.

Cast your mind back to first match of the season v Hibs a few years back when Velicka was called over to Lithuanian and missed the game which saw Bennyuseless make his debut in a 1-0 defeat.

That was a mistake and this situation is also a mistake.

This should have been sorted out 2 months ago.

You don't rate him as a player but this whole thing just suits your anti vlad agenda. Cast my mind back? Ha ha that's funny. Apparently you were telling anyone who'd listen that Zal is demanding ?15k netto a week. For someone who hates the regime absolutely you have some amazing insights.

Drylaw Hearts

You don't rate him as a player but this whole thing just suits your anti vlad agenda. Cast my mind back? Ha ha that's funny. Apparently you were telling anyone who'd listen that Zal is demanding ?15k netto a week. For someone who hates the regime absolutely you have some amazing insights.

I don't rate him as player but the timing is still bad as it now leaves the Manager little time to replace him.

Btw....

You are normally quite quick to remind JKB you have a 'source' - did he/she offer any insight into the situation ?

The MLS publishes the salaries of all of the players in the league, quite interesting. Yes Beckham & Henry get a stash but a lot of the guys are on peanuts. Reality check needed by Mr. Zal?

e.g. Toronto have a decent big lump called Adrian Cann at centre half, not any worse than Zal IMO. He earns $56k a year!

http://www.mlsplayers.org/files/august_12_2010_salary_information__by_club.pdf

I don't rate him as player but the timing is still bad as it now leaves the Manager little time to replace him.

Btw....

You are normally quite quick to remind JKB you have a 'source' - did he/she offer any insight into the situation ?

Seymour's got your number, DH.

You can't have it both ways.

Thunderstruck

Umpteen pages of conjecture and a strange inclunation by a lot of posters to believe any rumour, no matter how fanciful. Kickback never changes.

My own theory is that he is injured, his national team want him fit for next weekend so he goes home for treatment, Vlad notes this and calls him up "hey, big man, since you are back home, let's meet up and see if we can sort out this contract thingy".

He may agree a new deal or he may not but, if he does, one thing is certain - the fine detail of that contract will not become common knowledge.

It will be disappointing if he does leave as he is one of the best defenders in SPL (source: JJ or BB in a radio interview last April or May).

Drylaw Hearts

Seymour's got your number, DH.

You can't have it both ways.

And where do I want it both ways ?

to believe any rumour, no matter how fanciful. Kickback never changes.

My own theory is that he is injured, his national team want him fit for next weekend so he goes home for treatment, Vlad notes this and calls him up "hey, big man, since you are back home, let's meet up and see if we can sort out this contract thingy".

:lol:

Johanes de Silentio

Rumour has it ( :rolleyes: ) that Zal has been unhappy with his salary for a while - maybe he has heard about salaries allegedly being earned by some of his his team mates, and is looking for something similar?

There was talk last week of Driver being made our biggest earner - it's only natural, then, that Zal might think "Well, what about me? I quite fancy a bit of that!"

It's also possible that Zal might just fancy a move? Maybe he wants to sever links with Romanov? Maybe he thinks, with some justification, perhaps, that he can play out the rest of his current deal, and negociate a nice, new one somewhere else?

Just rumours, Rodney!

Guest jambomickey

heard this yesterday at the game also, wasn'tt told figures but was told zaliukas tried to bump up his wages and is trying to work his ticket out! if this is true then i'm 100% behind the owner on this one.

Jambof3tornado

I have no objection to Zal trying to get more money out of a new contract but if his demands are too rich and he gets frozen out thats life. Hopefully any offer we make him is based on a low basic wage and win/clean sheet bonuses. If he goes I think we have cover but I wont panic just yet,given that no one actually knows whats happening with him.

Do you think we should bow to his demands?

The only reason I ask is that these threads appear to blame Vlad and the regime immediately without ever asking is the player making the demands worth anything near what they are demanding and then add the of course we are bound to believe your "inside info" on contract negotiations as gospel.

Had this confirmed by an impartial insider at Hearts. JJ is raging that he cannot pick Zal again. However to me Zal is trying to engineer a move away from Hearts - we will cope without him no bother. I actually agree with VR - he has seen us lose Webster, Jose and now Zal for nothing.

However I question the wisdom of making someone captain who had 5 months left on his contract. Zal is genuinely injured and I believe (may be wrong) that he is still in Lithuania.

Drylaw Hearts

Had this confirmed by an impartial insider at Hearts. JJ is raging that he cannot pick Zal again. However to me Zal is trying to engineer a move away from Hearts - we will cope without him no bother. I actually agree with VR - he has seen us lose Webster, Jose and now Zal for nothing.

However I question the wisdom of making someone captain who had 5 months left on his contract. Zal is genuinely injured and I believe (may be wrong) that he is still in Lithuania.

If VR and JJ wanted Zal to sign an extension to his contract then he time to do this was at the end of last season and not 4 or 5 days prior to the TW closing.

And I agree he should never have been given the captaincy until his future had been decided - unless they thought this would sway his decision to stay.

Also......if JJ is raging then he's showing real double standards after his stance against Goncalves.

If VR and JJ wanted Zal to sign an extension to his contract then he time to do this was at the end of last season and not 4 or 5 days prior to the TW closing.

And I agree he should never have been given the captaincy until his future had been decided - unless they thought this would sway his decision to stay.

Also......if JJ is raging then he's showing real double standards after his stance against Goncalves.

Correct.

Umpteen pages of conjecture and a strange inclunation by a lot of posters to believe any rumour, no matter how fanciful. Kickback never changes.

He may agree a new deal or he may not but, if he does, one thing is certain - the fine detail of that contract will not become common knowledge.

It will be disappointing if he does leave as he is one of the best defenders in SPL (source: JJ or BB in a radio interview last April or May).

Sorry but what I have posted is true.

Sorry but what I have posted is true.

I think its clear that there are issues with Zal's contract situation, I dont think it is a great leap of imagination to sugges that he is not eager to sign a new deal and has probably asked for a lot of money for an extension.

Hardly fanciful speculation, measured interpretation of events perhaps.

Time will tell, cant believe we didnt have Zal available for an SPL match though. Hope Vlad's keeping him in a dungeon the now.

john brownlee

Hopefully he is signing a pre-contract for another club and JJ can prepare to bring a better centre half in. :rolleyes:

you might be right heard this morning that he won't be returning to Edinburgh

Of course I questioned this and asked the source but was told wait and see

I hope he's wrong , but he's not normally a wind up merchant, has no axe to grind and he's not interested in Hearts so I was quite surprised he even knew big Zal was having talks with Mr Romanov

I have no objection to Zal trying to get more money out of a new contract but if his demands are too rich and he gets frozen out thats life. Hopefully any offer we make him is based on a low basic wage and win/clean sheet bonuses. If he goes I think we have cover but I wont panic just yet,given that no one actually knows whats happening with him.

This ! If he can get more elsewhere then he can go. I want him to stay, And no-one on here knows what he has being offered. If anyone claims to know exactly what he has being offered then they are lying, only Zal, Vlad and Fed would know the score right now. Any thing below 4 k is fair value in my books.

One flew over

I can state that what I previously posted is 100% accurate, you will waiting a very long time for his injury to be treated!

I can state that what I previously posted is 100% accurate, you will waiting a very long time for his injury to be treated!

the extent of his injury will become apparent if he plays for lithuania this week.

Francis Albert

the extent of his injury will become apparent if he plays for lithuania this week.

How is that? Players have been known to recover from injuries within a week.

How is that? Players have been known to recover from injuries within a week.

sorry didn`t make myself very clear. if he plays for lithuania and then doesnt play for hearts against celtic a week on saturday we can then draw our own conclsuions.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Just my thoughts and not based on anything concrete that i would like to try and take credit for but...

I reckon we should probably start prepairing for life without Zooky Alice now and not when he fecks off in January. :ninja:

Cut The Crap

Haven't read the whole thread, but am I right in thinking that Vlad has made or is about to make our "captain" unavailable for selection?

Clearly not right, but for once, and specifically in the case of Zal, I'm prepared to look the other way. :whistling:

rossthejambo

Clearly not right, but for once, and specifically in the case of Zal, I'm prepared to look the other way. :whistling:

Surely a case of double standards? :whistling:

(I doubt you'll be the only one either)

Just my thoughts and not based on anything concrete that i would like to try and take credit for but...

I reckon we should probably start prepairing for life without Zooky Alice now and not when he fecks off in January. :ninja:

obviously we can`t go back in time but we should have been preparing in june. for this to happen now is p1sh.

Guest Bilel Mohsni

We should all beat Vlad with bars of soap in socks... That'll teach 'im. :ninja:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

obviously we can`t go back in time but we should have been preparing in june. for this to happen now is p1sh.

Preaching to the choir Johnny-boy, it frustrates the living bejeebus oot o' me but I am just used to it now... I FULLY expect him to be dropped if he does not sign and that is nippy but I am just a wee bit numb to this sort of thing now I suppose.

I suppose the problem that Jefferies faced though would be that he had no way of being able to tell what was going to happpen with Zooky and as a result was reluctant to go out and spend on a defender that might have just ended up not getting a sniff while adding to the wage bill.

The soap in socks thing is not as bad an idea as it would appear at first glance though... it taught that Privat Pile a lesson. :ermm:

Zal can sod off as far as I'm concerned. Too much nonsense from him and I very much do believe the outrageous wage demand story.?

It's a shame things turned out this way, I actually did like him as a player (most of the time), but he's just taking the absolute pee and I'm fed up hearing of things he does and says which are dismissive of Hearts at best and downright disloyal at worst.

He's a chump. Be off with you Marius.

Cut The Crap

Absolutely a case of double standards. :thumbsup:

Well done Vlad!

Guest Bilel Mohsni

Zal can sod off as far as I'm concerned. Too much nonsense from him and I very much do believe the outrageous wage demand story.

It's a shame things turned out this way, I actually did like him as a player (most of the time), but he's just taking the absolute pee and I'm fed up hearing of things he does and says which are dismissive of Hearts at best and downright disloyal at worst.

He's a chump. Be off with you Marius.

Off the fence with you Red, stop beating about the bush and tell us what you really think. :lol:

Guest Bilel Mohsni

I am actually always a wee bit surprised when players (especially ordinary ones like Zooky Alice) do not just re-sign each time just to keep themselves contracted up, if another club really wants you then they can still get you by matching your valuation... best to keep yourself in work in the meantime though.

I am actually always a wee bit surprised when players (especially ordinary ones like Zooky Alice) do not just re-sign each time just to keep themselves contracted up, if another club really wants you then they can still get you by matching your valuation... best to keep yourself in work in the meantime though.

He's a bit of an arse and he's not very bright. Probably not the ideal combination.?

He's a bit of an arse and he's not very bright. Probably not the ideal combination.?

some careers are built on those qualities

Danny%20Dyer-SPX-012735.jpg

He's a bit of an arse and he's not very bright. Probably not the ideal combination.

I'm intrigued by your take on this as its not like you to be so damning !! I think I'm correct in saying that you have said before you read comments by Zaliukas which aren't particularly flattering to the club ? Or that he was looking forward to 'escaping' ? I might be wrong though.............or is there more to it ?

I'm kind of seeing this one from a different angle as I just can't get my head around the continual self harming which not playing your better players undoubtably is. And to leave it until 48hrs or whatever before the window is just an utter disgrace. Not only that he is the current captain with few suitable alternatives. The policy of freezing guys out especially key players like Zaliukas currently is given our limitations is just ridiculous. If he is removed from the first team squad and not replaced it will have a huge effect on our chances this season as not only do we lose our best centre half we probably lose our best central midfielder as Jonsson moves there to cover.

Jam Tarts 1874

You can't make a player the club captain then not stump up with a decent wedge for his services. In my opinion Zaliukas is more than entitled to have been looking for a significant increase, whether or not he is worth it is an entirely different matter.

You can't make a player the club captain then not stump up with a decent wedge for his services. In my opinion Zaliukas is more than entitled to have been looking for a significant increase, whether or not he is worth it is an entirely different matter.

surely this all depends on how much is being offered and asked for?

Charlie-Brown

I'm intrigued by your take on this as its not like you to be so damning !! I think I'm correct in saying that you have said before you read comments by Zaliukas which aren't particularly flattering to the club ? Or that he was looking forward to 'escaping' ? I might be wrong though.............or is there more to it ?

I'm kind of seeing this one from a different angle as I just can't get my head around the continual self harming which not playing your better players undoubtably is. And to leave it until 48hrs or whatever before the window is just an utter disgrace. Not only that he is the current captain with few suitable alternatives. The policy of freezing guys out especially key players like Zaliukas currently is given our limitations is just ridiculous. If he is removed from the first team squad and not replaced it will have a huge effect on our chances this season as not only do we lose our best centre half we probably lose our best central midfielder as Jonsson moves there to cover.

Can you qualify how it undoubtedly is? Not in the case of Jose Goncalves last season it wasn't London Hearts stats bear out as by any measure of comparison we did better WITHOUT him in the team.

played WITH J.Goncalves

played 23 won 8 draw 5 lost 10 won 34% draw 21% lost 43% for 21 against 27

played WITHOUT J.Goncalves

played 17 won 7 draw 3 lost 7 won 41% draw 17% lost 41% for 16 against 22

Can you qualify how it undoubtedly is? Not in the case of Jose Goncalves last season it wasn't London Hearts stats bear out as by any measure of comparison we did better WITHOUT him in the team.

played WITH J.Goncalves

Thats an easy one for me. Goncalves is an athlete not a footballer. We never missed him because there was little to miss. His lack of a club right now would suggest others don't see him quite as Jose Goncalves sees himself. Next.

PS. I'm not getting involved in a fecking tit for tat as you defend the prick of an owner again.............just to clarify. :thumbsup:

Drylaw Hearts

played WITH J.Goncalves

How many of those 17 games were under JJ ?

16 ?

Maybe that was a key factor ?

How many of those 17 games were under JJ ?

16 ?

Maybe that was a key factor ?

this is all irrelevant. the fact rightly or wrongly that he wasn`t available can only be harmful to a team with such an extensive injury list as us last year.

losing the team captain after trying to tie up a deal this close to the window closing can, again, only be bad news.

i think i speak for one or two on here who are annoyed more by the timing than anything else. i like zal others don`t but it is the timing of the whole thing that is so annoying.

Charlie-Brown

Thats an easy one for me. Goncalves is an athlete not a footballer. We never missed him because there was little to miss. His lack of a club right now would suggest others don't see him quite as Jose Goncalves sees himself. Next.

PS. I'm not getting involved in a fecking tit for tat as you defend the prick of an owner again.............just to clarify. :thumbsup:

Well this whole thread is based on nothing more thus far than complete speculation and JKB tittle tattle and it is still perfectly plausible that Zaliukas has gone home for contract negotations and treatment on his injury also the Lithuanian national team squad will be have been due to meet up however IF the speculation and gossip is true that he has refused a new deal and wants to run down his contract then he should be treated exactly the same as previous players that weren't fully committed and have knocked back offers to stay at Hearts.

i think i speak for one or two on here who are annoyed more by the timing than anything else. i like zal others don`t but it is the timing of the whole thing that is so annoying.

Absolutely the KEY point. Totally unacceptable though god knows why we are surprised.

Charlie-Brown

this is all irrelevant. the fact rightly or wrongly that he wasn`t available can only be harmful to a team with such an extensive injury list as us last year.

losing the team captain after trying to tie up a deal this close to the window closing can, again, only be bad news.

It wouldn't be the first time that a player or his agent has informed the club very late in a transfer window they won't be intending to sign a new deal (assuming the speculation is true of course)

Well this whole thread is based on nothing more thus far than complete speculation and JKB tittle tattle and it is still perfectly plausible that Zaliukas has gone home for contract negotations and treatment on his injury also the Lithuanian national team squad will be have been due to meet up however IF the speculation and gossip is true that he has refused a new deal and wants to run down his contract then he should be treated exactly the same as previous players that weren't fully committed and have knocked back offers to stay at Hearts.

you are of course correct. the only thing is it should have been dealt with much earlier than now.

It wouldn't be the first time that a player or his agent has informed the club very late in a transfer window they won't be intending to sign a new deal (assuming the speculation is true of course)

again you are right but it is up to hearts to force the issue at the right time. now is clearly not the right time CB. come on you can admit that much?

Archived