Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree but I don't understand why he is over there three days before a match. in fact, I'm not sure why, but it concerns me.

Frankenstein Jambo.

I agree but I don't understand why he is over there three days before a match. in fact, I'm not sure why, but it concerns me.

I'd hope he was over in lithuania bacause Vlad would like to negotiate the contract personally and he probably believes he is the best man to persuade him to stay?

Isn't he injured anyways?

Dr. Bapswent

BOMBSCARE :ermm:

Without Zal we would have lost considerably more points than his 'moments' have possibly cost us.

The teams Captain and a no-brainer in the first 11.

I'd hope he was over in lithuania bacause Vlad would like to negotiate the contract personally and he probably believes he is the best man to persuade him to stay?

Isn't he injured anyways?

aye maybe but still not entirely sure why negotiations can't take place here. mist other players contracts are decided here so what problems have arose that he needs to be in Lithuania?

Without Zal we would have lost considerably more points than his 'moments' have possibly cost us.

The teams Captain and a no-brainer in the first 11.

Captain?.... no way imo

passing.....average

heading.....average

reading of the game.....poor

pace........nadeish

tackling....average

all in all imo a very average footballer(maybe i have this opinion because in the past we have had some good c/halfs for him to live up to)

Captain?.... no way imo

passing.....average

heading.....average

pace........nadeish

tackling....average

all in all imo a very average footballer(maybe i have this opinion because in the past we have had some good

c/halfs for him to live up to)

I wonder how quickly this and similar opinions may change if he doesn't reach an agreement.

Guest GhostHunter

Captain?.... no way imo

passing.....average

heading.....average

pace........nadeish

tackling....average

all in all imo a very average footballer(maybe i have this opinion because in the past we have had some good c/halfs for him to live up to)

Bookmarked.

Hungry hippo

Captain?.... no way imo

passing.....average

heading.....average

pace........nadeish

tackling....average

Have we had better centre halfs? Of course

But do we need him in the current team? Definitely

Captain? He is the only candidate out of our current squad. Hartley would would have been an ideal replacement but that's another story.

Captain? He is the only candidate out of our current squad. Hartley would would have been an ideal replacement but that's another story.

we certainly do not have any better central defenders at the moment and are very unlikely to get any anytime soon

Guest jambomickey

Captain?.... no way imo

passing.....average

heading.....average

pace........nadeish

tackling....average

totally agree.

Maybe he is over in Lithuania to squeal on the current management team?

All those Liths do stick together :ninja:

Hopefully he is signing a pre-contract for another club and JJ can prepare to bring a better centre half in. :rolleyes:

who would you suggest? before Tuesday remember

I wonder how quickly this and similar opinions may change if he doesn't reach an agreement.

why would i change my opinion of him? just dont rate him thats all....remember its all about opinions

who would you suggest? before Tuesday remember

Pretty sure JJ has a list of centre halves ...

Anyway, I mentioned a pre-contract as we are told his contract runs out in January ... would be delighted if he could be replaced by Tuesday but happy enough if he leaves in January. :)

why would i change my opinion of him? just dont rate him thats all....remember its all about opinions

oh totally and one thing that changes opinion or at least moderates it is the cliche - you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

Hartley....again? :ermm: i think hes a bit wee to be a c/half anyway :whistling:

Pretty sure JJ has a list of centre halves ...

Anyway, I mentioned a pre-contract as we are told his contract runs out in January ... would be delighted if he could be replaced by Tuesday but happy enough if he leaves in January. :)

and until January our central defensive pairing would be what exactly?

oh totally and one thing that changes opinion or at least moderates it is the cliche - you don't know what you've got till it's gone.

funny thats what my missus said as she was walking oot the door :whistling:

and until January our central defensive pairing would be what exactly?

I think our best centre halves are Wallace and Jonsson but they are needed elsewhere.

So Bouzid and Zaliukas probably next best of the group. They did fine on Sunday.

I think our best centre halves are Wallace and Jonsson but they are needed elsewhere.

So Bouzid and Zaliukas probably next best of the group. They did fine on Sunday.

so you admit Wallace and jonsson are better played elsewhere and zal with bouzid is our next best pairing.

yet you want zal gone. that makes no sense whatsoever.

michael duberry would do me

[/you are joking aren't you he has a good game two weeks ago and we should sign him.

will be lucky to last till the end of the season at saints. getting slower all the time and will give away more penalties and free kicks around the box than anyone else in the league

michael duberry would do me

get a grip man. Zal is a good centre-half, prone to the odd moment of madness. If he wasn't then he'd be playing in the Premiership.

As for Duberry, aye he played well against us a couple weeks ago but there's a reason he went on a free transfer to St. Johnstone. Oh, and he's 30+

so you admit Wallace and jonsson are better played elsewhere and zal with bouzid is our next best pairing.

yet you want zal gone. that makes no sense whatsoever.

I want JJ to replace Zaliukas with a better player. Just as I would like the likes of Kucharski to be replaced with a better player. I believe JJ can find better players than many of the current squad.

I want JJ to replace Zaliukas with a better player. Just as I would like the likes of Kucharski to be replaced with a better player. I believe JJ can find better players than many of the current squad.

do you think zal is one of our weaker players? by your previous post you don't think he is our weakest central defender.

don't you think we have more important priorities transfer wise?

get a grip man. Zal is a good centre-half, prone to the odd moment of madness. If he wasn't then he'd be playing in the Premiership.

As for Duberry, aye he played well against us a couple weeks ago but there's a reason he went on a free transfer to St. Johnstone. Oh, and he's 30+

hahaha quality

do you think zal is one of our weaker players? by your previous post you don't think he is our weakest central defender.

don't you think we have more important priorities transfer wise?

Yes, there are clearly gaps at the moment such as in central midfield. But given that no-one appears to want to buy our players, hopefully players like Zaliukas will move on when their contracts are up - just as the expensive players such as Stewart, Kingston, Goncalves and Nade did this summer.

Then again, JJ might want to resign Zaliukas and make him a core part of the team. I hope not though.

Dr. Bapswent

Absolutely correct, however some opinions are wrong.

Captain?.... no way imo

passing.....average

heading.....average

pace........nadeish

tackling....average

I'm not Zal's biggest fan but those two shouts are over the top. He may not be the quickest in terms of the entire team but for a centre half he is one of the quicker centre halves in the league. Also he is very good in the air with a strong leap for a big man.

PREMIERSHIP????????LOL :woot::lol::blink: wat a plum....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM havent we just signed KK on a free,SE on a free,im sure the man in question came on a free aswell.....oh aye these free transfers are just rank rotten eh :whistling:

Yes, there are clearly gaps at the moment such as in central midfield. But given that no-one appears to want to buy our players, hopefully players like Zaliukas will move on when their contracts are up - just as the expensive players such as Stewart, Kingston, Goncalves and Nade did this summer.

Then again, JJ might want to resign Zaliukas and make him a core part of the team. I hope not though.

I appreciate you are not a zal fan. but forgetting jonsson and Wallace who you freely admit are better used elsewhere zal is clearly our best central defender. it's not the time to argue about his long term future but surely you don't really want rid of him a few days before the transfer window shuts?

Zal is in Lith as he hasn't yet signed the deal offered. Simple as that. He's getting the pressure face to face. If he doesn't sign, we won't see him again. If he does, we will.

Simple as that.

Any suggestion that he and VR are in cahoots (which you see on here an awful lot) are massively wide of the mark.

As for his quality. Zal is by far the best CH at the club. That should be obvious to anyone without prejudice and it's certainly the feeling of our management team.

Bouzid is good but slow and will give away alot of freekicks

Barr, unsure if he's going to make the step up. Has a long way to go.

Kucharski, na.

McGowan, probably a midfielder

Wallace, rated there, but shame to lose what he offers at LB

Eggy, good there, but energy better suited to midfield

It's Zal plus one other. If he doesn't sign this contract, we're in trouble as i can;t see us bringing in anyone anywhere near his quality in the next 5 days

I appreciate you are not a zal fan. but forgetting jonsson and Wallace who you freely admit are better used elsewhere zal is clearly our best central defender. it's not the time to argue about his long term future but surely you don't really want rid of him a few days before the transfer window shuts?

Ideal situation for me would be him to leave and be replaced by Tuesday.

If that is not happening, would like him to leave in January (remaining in the team until then) and be replaced by a JJ pick.

I hope he is not at Hearts for the long term.

Not sure how I can make these points any clearer.

Ideal situation for me would be him to leave and be replaced by Tuesday.

If that is not happening, would like him to leave in January (remaining in the team until then) and be replaced by a JJ pick.

I hope he is not at Hearts for the long term.

Not sure how I can make these points any clearer.

and I would ask why not keep him and get rid of our weaker central defenders?

Zaliukas is nowhere near as good as a number of centre halfs we have been lucky enough to have over the last 20 years but he is easily our best current centre half.

If he doesn't sign the deal will Romanonsense do his usual toys out the pram and freeze him out ? If so he is self harming again as JJ would be left to use a player like Jonsson out of position thus handicapping the team further or bring in a total huddy like Kucharski. The outcome of this meeting (if true) could help shape our season.

I don't think that their contracts run out in January and thus are not able to sign pre-contracts or have their contracts run out.

Would like JJ to replace Bouzid and Kucharski too.

That's what I don't get about people here. I happen to think that Zal is a top player, but even if you think he's a bit shoddy, I fail to see how anyone could think he wasn't at the very least in our top 2 centre halves. So why would you want him to go and be replaced. Surely one of our lesser defenders should be on the way out the door with someone coming to improve the overall squad?????

Must be missing something! I almost wish that if he was going that it'd be later in the season just so people would see more clearly how detrimental it'd be to the team.

In my opinion.

That's what I don't get about people here. I happen to think that Zal is a top player, but even if you think he's a bit shoddy, I fail to see how anyone could think he wasn't at the very least in our top 2 centre halves. So why would you want him to go and be replaced. Surely one of our lesser defenders should be on the way out the door with someone coming to improve the overall squad?????

Must be missing something! I almost wish that if he was going that it'd be later in the season just so people would see more clearly how detrimental it'd be to the team.

In my opinion.

See post above. It is clearly very difficult to move players on until their contracts are up (unless they are good players). Hopefully none of Zaliukas, Bouzid or Kucharski will be here this time next year.

Zaliukas is nowhere near as good as a number of centre halfs we have been lucky enough to have over the last 20 years but he is easily our best current centre half.

If he doesn't sign the deal will Romanonsense do his usual toys out the pram and freeze him out ? If so he is self harming again as JJ would be left to use a player like

Jonsson out of position thus handicapping the team further

or bring in a total huddy like Kucharski. The outcome of this meeting (if true) could help shape our season.

mostly agree and am glad someone grasps the seriousness of the situation.

the transfer window is almost shut and I would suggest that because of the time it takes hearts to complete

transfers the chances of getting a replacement are slim to none.

people need to realise it's not June anymore and we can't now get rid of an automatic first team choice player and waste weeks and months searching for a replacement.

zal not signing would be a serious blow

See post above. It is clearly very difficult to move players on until their contracts are up (unless they are good players). Hopefully none of Zaliukas, Bouzid or Kucharski will be here this time next year.

he is our best central defender by a country mile and we would have four months minimum without him. say what

you like you are entitled to your opinion and this is mine

Hopefully none of Zaliukas, Bouzid or Kucharski will be here this time next year.

Whilst I wouldn't necessarily disagree with those sentiments assuming new and better players were brought to the club (frankly no guarantee of that) you surely can't be hoping that Zaliukas is frozen out just now given the likelihood is that there is virtually no chance of a replacement being brought in for at least the next 4 months and probably the rest of the season ? It would be a disaster for the 2010-11 season if Zaliukas was made to sit in the stand and we had to use Jonsson or Mrowiec there or god forbid Kucharski.

And you think we can replace Zal how? He needs to stay and be the solid part of our defense while we get rid of the above, surely.

Assuming we ain't signing a new CH, would you be happy to go until Jan at the very earliest with a choice of Barr, Kucharski and Bouzid as our only natural CHs? Or moving Lee to CH and Pala to LB. They would be our options. McGowan wouldn't be given that responsibility at this stage, so we'll count him out.

Archived