Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

Drylaw Hearts

Aye I got that bit loud and clear DH. ;)

But in what way? In a strictly footballing sense here, nothing to do with leadership. How was Pressley better?

He was a better defender imo.

He made less costly mistakes.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If JJ is allowed to sign a replacement then I really don't care what happens to Zal tbh.

ffs mate he won't sign a replacement that is a racing certainty. not this window anyway

Guest jambomickey

If JJ is allowed to sign a replacement then I really don't care what happens to Zal tbh.

jonsson could easily step in there to replace zaliukas imo.

Meh either way for me couldn't care less if he stays or not. I'm sure we'll get on fine with or without him.

who says he wants to? the usual planet zaunussi stuff again.

Drylaw Hearts

ffs mate he won't sign a replacement that is a racing certainty. not this window anyway

Source ?

who says he wants to? the usual planet zaunussi stuff again.

?

If Zal doesn't agree a deal I assume JJ will want to sign a replacement.

jonsson could easily step in there to replace zaliukas imo.

didn't you say the other week you were looking forward to him and Stevenson coming back in midfield

Guest jambomickey

didn't you say the other week you were looking forward to him and Stevenson coming back in midfield

yes and i still am, i'm just saying if zaliukas went and we didn't sign a replacement jonsson could easily play there! i'm not saying i want zaliukas to go.

Source ?

?

If Zal doesn't agree a deal I assume JJ will want to sign a

replacement.

I am so sure he won't I would be willing to bet any amount if money you wish. if zal leaves we won't get a replacement this window. no time considering the time it rakes hearts to sign a player edit: unless we get a couple of lith trialists over pronto

Source ?

?

If Zal doesn't agree a deal I assume JJ will want to sign a replacement.

in that his choice is to retain MZ. if we want him we'll get him. have no fear.

yes and i still am, i'm just saying if zaliukas went and we didn't sign a replacement jonsson could easily play there! i'm not saying i want zaliukas to go.

fair enough. if zal does go eggert is prob our best option imo

Malcolm Tucker

fair enough. if zal does go eggert is prob our best option imo

I'd actually say Barr and Bouzid with CT right back?

Drylaw Hearts

I am so sure he won't I would be willing to bet any amount if money you wish. if zal leaves we won't get a replacement this window. no time considering the time it rakes hearts to sign a player edit: unless we get a couple of lith trialists over pronto

As I've said....

We'll just have to wait and see.

tartofmidlothian

Have we had better centre halfs? Of course

But do we need him in the current team? Definitely

Captain? He is the only candidate out of our current squad. Hartley would would have been an ideal replacement but that's another story.

Kyle.

Drylaw Hearts

in that his choice is to retain MZ. if we want him we'll get him. have no fear.

I have thought for a long time that Zal would leave this season.

Now unless he is offered crazy wages by VR I still think he'll be offski.

Whilst on the subject...............

The article on the Hearts website states Zal is away to discuss a permanent transfer after the clubs agreed a deal. This would mean for the first time in 5 years we would not have any FBK'ers on loan.

I also wonder why Kello and Mrowiec were given Free Transfers by FBK and they weren't signed on loan again.

Tynecastle Valhalla

Get it signed - he is the best central defender in the SPL. Fact. :thumbsup:

i wish that were true.

he is like bramble - can be really good but switches off and causes goals.

has been ok this season so far

I have thought for a long time that Zal would leave this season.

Now unless he is offered crazy wages by VR I still think he'll be offski.

Whilst on the subject...............

The article on the Hearts website states Zal is away to discuss a permanent transfer after the clubs agreed a deal. This would mean for the first time in 5 years we would not have any FBK'ers on loan.

I also wonder why Kello and Mrowiec were given Free Transfers by FBK and they weren't signed on loan again.

betcha can't wait to get a hold of accounts to July 2011 then. :ninja:

Drylaw Hearts

betcha can't wait to get a hold of accounts to July 2011 then. :ninja:

Correct.

The next 18 months are going to be hell waiting on the Annual Reports hitting my doormat.

I'll cope though.

Correct.

The next 18 months are going to be hell waiting on the Annual Reports hitting my doormat.

I'll cope though.

are you sure? :whistling::lol:

chester copperpot

Positive Vic.

B)

On his game, Zal is excellent.

Off his game, OMG.

People forget how bad he was a few years back. I'd like him to have a season on a game without the mistakes and concetration lapses before I comment on him.

Drylaw Hearts

On his game, Zal is excellent.

Off his game, OMG.

People forget how bad he was a few years back. I'd like him to have a season on a game without the mistakes and concetration lapses before I comment on him.

There is no doubt he's improved from those early performances in midfield !!!

Btw....

The latter is as likely to happen as Kelly Brooke declaring her undying love for me on GMTV with Lorraine tomorrow morning.

chester copperpot

There is no doubt he's improved from those early performances in midfield !!!

Btw....

The latter is as likely to happen as Kelly Brooke declaring her undying love for me on GMTV with Lorraine tomorrow morning.

I've been one of his biggest critics DH. But he's certainly been a lot better the last 18 months or so. He's still too prone to mistakes and lapses of concentration though IMO.

I think the worst thing that could've happened to him was getting the armband. He's a far better player when he's worried about being dropped than he is when he's got his feet under the table IMO.

I really really hope I'm proved wrong though.

PREMIERSHIP????????LOL :woot::lol::blink: wat a plum....MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM havent we just signed KK on a free,SE on a free,im sure the man in question came on a free aswell.....oh aye these free transfers are just rank rotten eh :whistling:

Read what I said. If he didn't have the odd rush of blood or basic error he wouldn't be at Hearts. We can't afford world class players.

As for Duberry?!?!?

Just heard there was breaking news from various Lithuanian media outlets that Zal stormed out of the Ukio Bankas headquarters with a gun!

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Just heard there was breaking news from various Lithuanian media outlets that Zal stormed out of the Ukio Bankas headquarters with a gun!

That would be a rather interesting story,

he was doing a john smeaton to hunt down terrorists. he'd overheard someone say there was a bombscare in the building.

:whistling:

Hope he stays.

Best Central Deffender in Scotland.

Lol - I will have some of what you have been smoking!

Say what you like about Zal but the guy is a natural leader on and off the park. He encorages the younger guys and although he is prone to the odd bombscare moment he's still a decent SPL player.

Having met him a few times in person I can also say he's a stand up guy :thumbsup:

According to that article Zaliukas is only 23?

That can't be right?

Is that the same one that said Laryea Kingston was 29?

sadly just heard that he is deffo away and wont be signing for Hearts

I suspected as much when I heard he was in Lithuania. is your source reliable?

Drylaw Hearts

I suspected as much when I heard he was in Lithuania. is your source reliable?

Yep.

And if true......

The timing is crazy. This should have been sorted at the end of last season to give JJ more time to find a replacement.

The best defender at the club by a proverbial country mile.

We need to tie him down asap.

Yep.

And if true......

The timing is crazy. This should have been sorted at the end of last season to give JJ more time to find a replacement.

for once I am in 100% agreement. he is the club captain ffs. serious mismanagement and indefensible if true.

Well if that is true and Romanov is consistent then he will not be playing again before he leaves never mind being club captain!! Remember Jose etc !!

Well if that is true and Romanov is consistent then he will not be playing again before he leaves never mind being club captain!! Remember Jose etc !!

I don't think there was ever any doubt that if he didn't sign he wouldn't play again. you don't just fly the club captain to Lithuania 3 days before a match, injured or not. alarm bells were ringing all over the place at this, despite the club trying to put a positive spin on it. disastrous news and a slap in the face to the fans (if true obviously).

Yup and I think that will happen, Romanov is Russian not Lithuanian and it doesnt matter what nationality you are - if you are a 'traitor' in Vlad's eyes then that is your Hearts career finished.

How Mcgowan and Jonsson perform in the central defensive position is going to be massive this season if we are to have any type of success without Marius. If Barr or Bouzid pick up injuries (which they will regularly I reckon) then it is up to these 2 to plug the gaps. Ian Black wil have to improve if he is to take Jonsson's position when he fills in at CB.

Kyle has to take captaincy as he is the only player guranteed a start now apart from Wallace who I think it will be a burden on.

You'll forgive me for waiting fr an official announcement before I start jumping on the Mad Vlad brigade.

were you at the meeting between Vlad & Zal?

Somehow I doubt it mate!!

I think I will wait for an official announcement from the club.

winston churchill

The best defender at the club by a proverbial country mile.

that says more about the squad than bombscares ability

You'll forgive me for waiting fr an official announcement before I start jumping on the Mad Vlad brigade.

While it isnt ideal that Zal's contract wasnt sorted out during pre-season, no one will be jumping on the mad-vlad brigade.

It was JJ's responsibility to guage the likelyhood of Zal staying before issueing the captains armband, which Im sure he did. It would appear Marius was not completely honest with JJ which is his perogative as he obviously would not want to be frozen out and scupper the chances of him winning a move in xmas.

At the end of the day, we gave Zal his big break and he should repay us by signing on until the summer of 2012 and leaving at the end of the year for a transfer fee, but unfortunately that is not how modern footballers think and he will get a bigger signing on fee from a russian club if he leaves for free at xmas.

Looks like Zal has been pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

(ALL ALLEGEDLY AND HE HAS PROBABLY SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT AND JKB IS TALKING PISH AGAIN)

Francis Albert

I don't think there was ever any doubt that if he didn't sign he wouldn't play again. you don't just fly the club captain to Lithuania 3 days before a match, injured or not. alarm bells were ringing all over the place at this, despite the club trying to put a positive spin on it. disastrous news and a slap in the face to the fans (if true obviously).

Funny, until a few minutes ago most of the alarm bells on here seemed to be based on the expectation we would sign him again.

were you at the meeting between Vlad & Zal?

Somehow I doubt it mate!!

I think I will wait for an official announcement from the club.

We only have to wait until tomorrow at 3pm to find out if it is true or not.

that says more about the squad than bombscares ability

Do me a favour mate.

List me every goal that we've conceeded that can be directly blamed on Zaliukas.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

While it isnt ideal that Zal's contract wasnt sorted out during pre-season, no one will be jumping on the mad-vlad brigade.

It was JJ's responsibility to guage the likelyhood of Zal staying before issueing the captains armband, which Im sure he did. It would appear Marius was not completely honest with JJ which is his perogative as he obviously would not want to be frozen out and scupper the chances of him winning a move in xmas.

At the end of the day, we gave Zal his big break and he should repay us by signing on until the summer of 2012 and leaving at the end of the year for a transfer fee, but unfortunately that is not how modern footballers think and he will get a bigger signing on fee from a russian club if he leaves for free at xmas.

Looks like Zal has been pulling the wool over peoples eyes.

(ALL ALLEGEDLY AND HE HAS PROBABLY SIGNED A NEW CONTRACT AND JKB IS TALKING PISH AGAIN)

Let's be honest, there's a lot of 'if's' here.

Does anyone know for certain that Zal's off?

Archived