Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

Unbelievable negativity.

:verymad:

I would suggest that by using phrases like "FFS", "serious

misanagement", "indefensible" and "slap in the face for the fans", you're giving the impression that you're already all het up over it. I would also suggest that this is unnecessary as we will find out soon enough whether some people's suspicions and one chap's unsubstantiated claim are founded or not.

Chillax, Winston - all will be revealed.

pretty sure I tempered all those comments with "if true" or "if the story is correct" or words to that effect. but you are correct I am wound up about it and unfortunately am unable to pick and choose what rumours or stories wind me up or don't.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The article on the Hearts website states Zal is away to discuss a permanent transfer after the clubs agreed a deal. This would mean for the first time in 5 years we would not have any FBK'ers on loan.

Isn't Zal already a Hearts player permanently? Pretty sure he signed an 18 month contract with Hearts just over a year ago when Csaba was here.

Anyhow I'll await the club confirming if he is or is not signing. The best way of being in the know is to be in the know direct from the horses mouth. :thumbsup:

Isn't Zal already a Hearts player permanently? Pretty sure he signed an 18 month contract with Hearts just over a year ago when Csaba was here.

Anyhow I'll await the club confirming if he is or is not signing. The best way of being in the know is to be in the know direct from the horses mouth. :thumbsup:

JJ confirmed on Hearts Word during the week that Zali is a Kaunas player.

Tommy Wiseau

pretty sure I tempered all those comments with "if true" or "if the story is correct" or words to that effect. but you are correct I am wound up about it and unfortunately am unable to pick and choose what rumours or stories wind me up or don't.

You did, but the damage was done to your laid-back rep with your winded-uppery by that point. :thumbsup:

Just take a leaf out of Thommo's book of a Saturday afternoon. Here's a pap shot from just after I hit the "post reply" button earlier...

200285627-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=EDF6F2F4F969CEBDBA24B09F2A457B34A6CC49B8C1143A5F1576027CE0A3D83600123AA3B5A18ED0

You did, but the damage was done to your laid-back rep with your winded-uppery by that point. :thumbsup:

Just take a leaf out of Thommo's book of a Saturday afternoon. Here's a pap shot from just after I hit the "post reply" button earlier...

200285627-001.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=EDF6F2F4F969CEBDBA24B09F2A457B34A6CC49B8C1143A5F1576027CE0A3D83600123AA3B5A18ED0

wasn't aware I had a "rep" of any kind. feel quite important now.

I was just trying not to hurt John's feelings by singling him out. Nice work, Husref... ;)

Ah, I have been used like a bit of bog roll at The Western:verymad: I am going to literally kill you.

That said, I do think there is a bit too much willingness to accept that this is likely a true story. I could post "sadly have heard JJ is deffo (sic) away" easily enough and it wouldn't warrant serious discussion.

I could understand if we were talking about something completely random, but, whether you think it will or will not happen in this instance, there is precedence that this could happen. Since Romanov has been in charge, rightly or wrongly we have seen certain players being removed from availability for the first team as is VR/JJ's want. This not entirely unheard of.

However if JJ is defffo away then I will be pure ragin'.

If he goes he goes. If he stays he stays. Its that simple. :thumbsup:

I do seem to remember a few posters 'in the know' who said Zaliukas hated it here and was desperate to leave. That was around a year ago.

If that was true then he can feck off( although I don't believe that ).

winston churchill

if bonbscare goes.

we should get back on the phone to the 100 meter sprinter.

after all. he is still looking for a club after knocking back the OF & EPL :lol:

winston churchill

We brought the highly rated Barr in, who I also rated and thought was going to make an immediate impact at Hearts. I just have niggling doubts about him now. He may go on to be a massive success at Tynecastle, but it shows that you cant just bring in a direct replacement, especially for a position such as centre half. Look how long it took us to develop Webster and Zaluikas, they both took about 5 years to perform to their full potential.

wee darren may have a chance at right back.

but as a centre half.....forget it.

wee darren may have a chance at right back.

but as a centre half.....forget it.

Agree 100%.

I think part of the problem is that as soon as a "guid Scotch laddie" appears, he is built up by the press to be something he isn't and disappointment ensues. Ian Black is another example.

Interestingly, my laddie hadn't seen Barr play but immediately picked him out against St Johnstone as a player who was "too slow to do the business".

winston churchill

Agree 100%.

I think part of the problem is that as soon as a "guid Scotch laddie" appears, he is built up by the press to be something he isn't and disappointment ensues. Ian Black is another example.

Interestingly, my laddie hadn't seen Barr play but immediately picked him out against St Johnstone as a player who was "too slow to do the business".

who was also found out in the air by a walsall reject.

Read what I said. If he didn't have the odd rush of blood or basic error he wouldn't be at Hearts. We can't afford world class players.

As for Duberry?!?!?

another mom performance against rankers :whistling:

if bonbscare goes.

we should get back on the phone to the 100 meter sprinter.

after all. he is still looking for a club after knocking back the OF & EPL :lol:

Have you got me that list of goals he's cost us yet? :thumbsup:

From what I am hearing we may not see Zaluikas in a Hearts jersery again. Wanted a huge amount in terms of wages and when VR refused he did not sign a new contract.

And so it begins....

whether he signs or not any negotiations should have taken place long before now. I am not pointing the finger at vlad, zal or jj as the details are still unknown but waiting this close to the transfer window closes is a huge misjudgement IMO

Jambof3tornado

Yup the deal should have been ironed out ages ago and if Zals demands are too rich for us then allow JJ to bring in a CH before the window shuts.

From what I am hearing we may not see Zaluikas in a Hearts jersery again. Wanted a huge amount in terms of wages and when VR refused he did not sign a new contract.

And so it begins....

Again it's not so much the player himself, but communication and timing that is the issue here. Zaliukas should have been offered a new deal at the end of last season, if he was not willing to commit then, he should have been moved on in the summer. We're not exactly short handed at centre back with Bouzid, Barr, Kucharski, McGowan and Wallace all able to play there, but it would have been far better to have sorted this one way or another a while back.

Again it's not so much the player himself, but communication and timing that is the issue here. Zaliukas should have been offered a new deal at the end of last season, if he was not willing to commit then, he should have been moved on in the summer. We're not exactly short handed at centre back with Bouzid, Barr, Kucharski, McGowan and Wallace all able to play there, but it would have been far better to have sorted this one way or another

a while back.

agreed that the timing is the really poor thing about the whole situation.

Nucky Thompson

And so it begins....

Fair enough. Well done Mr Romanov :thumbsup:

Listening to JJ on the BBC Interview he talked openly about the injuries but when mentioning Zal he talked about his 'situation' -- no mention of injury just a brief mention of him in passing.

May be nothing but .................

Anyone have any idea roughly how much money Zal is on and if the rumours are true regarding him being towards the lower end of our wage structure?

Walter Bishop

And so it begins....

The 2 boys behind me today were talking about this, one mentioned he had heard Zaliukas had asked for ?15k per week!!! I thought it was pesh but you never know!!!

I think there is certainly stuff going on and it's nowhere near straightforward. If he doesn't play again I wouoldn't be surprised at all.

Winston Ingram

Key thing is the player, and captain, being hauled away days before a huge game. Cant see the manager being chuffed about that... Reference to "his situation" also suggests he wasnt/could not be picked because of this. JJ also points heavily to having to "take two players out of the back four." Hardly helps him.

They are miles apart in negotiations because he doesnt want to sign. Recent experience with Goncalves etc means we are unlikely to see any more of him UNLESS whatever it is Vlad and his people do in these scenarios puts enough pressure on him to sign the deal...

Key thing is the player, and captain, being hauled away days before a huge game. Cant see the manager being chuffed about that... Reference to "his situation" also suggests he wasnt/could not be picked because of this. JJ also points heavily to having to "take two players out of the back four." Hardly helps him.

They are miles apart in negotiations because he doesnt want to sign. Recent experience with Goncalves etc means we are unlikely to see any more of him UNLESS whatever it is Vlad and his people do in these scenarios puts enough pressure on him to sign the deal...

He has family in Lithuania...he'll sign :ninja:

Now let me see Zal goes to Lithuania for talks with Vlad. In my view of the personality of Vladimir this would be to have confidential talks with Zal about his future. Why would Vlad do this, well again in my humble opinion and being a reader of Kickback it may be be something to do with the fact we have an inordinate number of people on this forum who have reliable contacts regarding all negotiations, salaries, and other matters which in most businesses are available to a certain few who know this and respect the need for confidentiality. It seems that Tynecastle offices have a considerable number of leaks. Or it may be a case of too many people with too much of what the cat licks its behind with.

But it seems that this scheme by Vlad has already fallen apart because the whole business of Zal his demands, (in a contract negotiating sense) his present salary, and probably other details are in fact common knowledge. The only thing more porous than Hearts confidential matters is Hibs defence.

s

portobellojambo1

Heard today that he will not be signing on in December, as he is looking for funny money to stay at Hearts. Presumably he will be treated as others have been and not feature in the side again. I think my opinion probably differs from some or many. I actually don't think he will be missed. While he has improved over his time here I still don't have him on the pedestal some do, and I believe we have more than sufficient cover for him in the position alongside Bouzid.

I want players in Maroon and White that want to play for Hearts come what may, not players who are more interested in the money aspect, and let that decide if they want to play for Hearts or not.

The 2 boys behind me today were talking about this, one mentioned he had heard Zaliukas had asked for ?15k per week!!! I thought it was pesh but you never know!!!

18k.

18k.

No reason to disbelieve what you have heard ... but surely these sorts of figures are improbable even as a bargaining position.

Even at a gross level that would amount to the best part of a million pounds a year. 10% of the entire club's turnover. 2700 season ticket holders' cash.

Notwithstanding that I think he is a poor player who we would easily be able to replace, if your figures or even the lower one speculated on above are correct, Zaliukas and his advisers have lost their heads.

Winston Ingram

The point is that he is asking for a ridiculous figure on purpose.. ie because he knows the club wont pay it!!

The point is that he is asking for a ridiculous figure on purpose.. ie because he knows the club wont pay it!!

What is the point in that?

Why not just let his contract run down as did Stewart/Kingston etc and then move to whatever club he thinks he can get big money from?

Winston Ingram

What is the point in that?

Why not just let his contract run down as did Stewart/Kingston etc and then move to whatever club he thinks he can get big money from?

Because Vlad wants him to stay so they can sell him.. therefore he is in a position where he is being asked what figure he would stay for. He quotes a ridiculous figure, and the contract does indeed run down.

Wouldnt surprise me if they try to move him before Wednesday. With the problem, again, being that they are shafting the manager (who is quite happy to keep and play him).

Clerry Jambo

Mr Romanov I salute you Sir, if Bombscare asked for anymore than a fiver a week send him to the mines :thumbsup:

Although 18K a week is laughable you've got to remember we offered Jose 13-15K a week recently and he wasn't the club captain so Zal is probably right in thinking he's worth 18K a week.

One flew over

Heard from a good friend of lockie that he will not be back, he is on 2K a week and has asked for 20!

marshallschunkychicken

If he has asked for that, he can bolt.

McGowan deserves a chance where cover is needed.

Nucky Thompson

Heard from a good friend of lockie that he will not be back, he is on 2K a week and has asked for 20!

He must be under the false impression that Mr Romanov is a mug :lol:

Again it's not so much the player himself, but communication and timing that is the issue here. Zaliukas should have been offered a new deal at the end of last season, if he was not willing to commit then, he should have been moved on in the summer. We're not exactly short handed at centre back with Bouzid, Barr, Kucharski, McGowan and Wallace all able to play there, but it would have been far better to have sorted this one way or another a while back.

I agree with this Martin. Zal is a decent player and one I'd like to keep, but he is not woth ?10,000 a week to us, never mind more. Best for all concerned if there is truth in those rumours that he is moved on before the window closes. I don't think we desperately need another centre half though, plenty cover and options IMHO.

If we get a small fee for Zal, give JJ a chance to make a final Bryson bid. It's midfield we're lacking.

As for the timing? It's unorthodox but typical Hearts/mad Vlad. Put pressure on Zal to sign whatever we offer now or he risks being frozen out of football completely for 5 months, which jeopadises his Lithuania place. No doubt Uncle Vlad will be reminding Zal that Jose G is still looking for a club...

Drylaw Hearts

I agree with this Martin. Zal is a decent player and one I'd like to keep, but he is not woth ?10,000 a week to us, never mind more. Best for all concerned if there is truth in those rumours that he is moved on before the window closes. I don't think we desperately need another centre half though, plenty cover and options IMHO.

If we get a small fee for Zal, give JJ a chance to make a final Bryson bid. It's midfield we're lacking.

As for the timing? It's unorthodox but typical Hearts/mad Vlad. Put pressure on Zal to sign whatever we offer now or he risks being frozen out of football completely for 5 months, which jeopadises his Lithuania place. No doubt Uncle Vlad will be reminding Zal that Jose G is still looking for a club...

We don't own Zal.

We don't own Zal.

You sure DH - I've not read this whole thread, but I'm pretty sure he signed an 18month contract with us when Csaba was here last summer.

Either way, whether the money is received for a Hearts player or a Kaunas player, it all ends up in the same place.

He must be under the false impression that Mr Romanov is a mug :lol:

He was maybe using Nade & Larry as the basis for his salary. Vlad showed certain lunatic tendencies with their deals, so perhaps he thought it was worth a try.

Drylaw Hearts

You sure DH - I've not read this whole thread, but I'm pretty sure he signed an 18month contract with us when Csaba was here last summer.

Either way, whether the money is received for a Hearts player or a Kaunas player, it all ends up in the same place.

He's defo a FBK'er.

Seymour M Hersh

And so it begins....

Do you think we should bow to his demands?

The only reason I ask is that these threads appear to blame Vlad and the regime immediately without ever asking is the player making the demands worth anything near what they are demanding and then add the of course we are bound to believe your "inside info" on contract negotiations as gospel.

Archived