Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My personal opinion is that he will not sign a further deal and will be looking to leave either in the next few days or at Christmas.

Funny, until a few minutes ago most of the alarm bells on here seemed to be based on the expectation we would sign him again.

why not read through the whole thread. my worries are fairly obvious from my posts

(post 2 of the thread is a good starting point, Francis)

Toxteth O'Grady

Yep.

And if true......

The timing is crazy. This should have been sorted at the end of last season to give JJ more time to find a replacement.

Don't worry we can sign Pavol Farkas at the last minute :unsure:

Francis Albert

why not read through the whole thread. my worries are fairly obvious from my posts

(post 2 of the thread is a good starting point, Francis)

Most of the alarm bells. A good starting point in reading my post.

Harry Palmer

Either way this will lead to 'Mad Vlad' pish or 'he's a bombscare' pish.

More like tedious pish.

Seymour M Hersh

My personal opinion is that he will not sign a further deal and will be looking to leave either in the next few days or at Christmas.

Where will he go? Not heard any rumours about teams looking at him. You'd think there would be rumours considering he only has 6 months left. I expect they are try to get him to sign a contract to maximise potential sale revenue although his agent will be telling no way as it will increase the sign on package (and the agents cut no doubt). If he goes it will give McGowan or another youngster an opportunity.

HillmanHearts

No offence but I really hope you are wrong !

Think he would really be missed.

We would really need Bouzid to keep clear of injury and suspension coz Barr& % Eggert don't really have the physical attributes to dominate at CB.

( And Eggert would be missed in midfield against decent opposition )

Most of the alarm bells. A good starting point in reading my post.

so why quote me? which made it look like I was included in the "most"

Wallace?

He just shades it for me, although there isn't much to choose from.

Without either, we're just not the same team.

Where will he go? Not heard any rumours about teams looking at him. You'd think there would be rumours considering he only has 6 months left. I expect they are try to get him to sign a contract to maximise potential sale revenue although his agent will be telling no way as it will increase the sign on package (and the agents cut no doubt). If he goes it will give McGowan or another youngster an opportunity.

No idea where he would go. I too have not heard any rumours of teams watching him but that nobody is. I just get the feeling he has decided that he has had enough of Hearts/Edinburgh.

He just shades it for me, although there isn't much to choose from.

Without either, we're just not the same team.

So, not by the proverbial country mile then. ;)

So, not by the proverbial country mile then. ;)

Touche :laugh:

What I meant was centre back.

No offence but I really hope you are wrong !

Think he would really be missed.

We would really need Bouzid to keep clear of injury and suspension coz Barr& % Eggert don't really have the physical attributes to dominate at CB.

( And Eggert would be missed in midfield against decent opposition )

None taken.

I don't think losing Zaliukas is the real problem, I think losing* him right at the end of a window is a problem. As others have stated, I believe that Jefferies could have found a far better replacement relatively easily. If Jefferies is made aware a few days before window closing that he is not going to play for us again, we are restricting Jefferies to much for this window.

I also think you are spot on with your bracketed statement at the end, Jonsson is needed in midfield and I fear that he would end up in central defence far too often.

Zal is quicker, better in the air and physically stronger than Pressley.

Pressley was not a very good player mate. It was his mental attributes that made him a 'footballer'.

Given your number of posts you're obviously someone who goes to the game. How anyone could have seen what Pressley contributed over all these years and conclude that he was "not a very good player" is utterly beyond me.

Even if he wasn't a great player (I think he was btw) his leadership qualities and ability to marshall the defence were the best I have seen in over forty years. We've had more classy central defenders in that time (Jardine, Levein, McLaren, Webster possibly) but no better captain.

None taken.

I don't think losing Zaliukas is the real problem, I think losing* him right at the end of a window is a problem. As others have stated, I believe that Jefferies could have found a far better replacement relatively easily. If Jefferies is made aware a few days before window closing that he is not going to play for us again, we are restricting Jefferies to much for this window.

I also think you are spot on with your bracketed statement at the end, Jonsson is needed in midfield and I fear that he would end up in central defence far too often.

We brought the highly rated Barr in, who I also rated and thought was going to make an immediate impact at Hearts. I just have niggling doubts about him now. He may go on to be a massive success at Tynecastle, but it shows that you cant just bring in a direct replacement, especially for a position such as centre half. Look how long it took us to develop Webster and Zaluikas, they both took about 5 years to perform to their full potential.

Touche :laugh:

What I meant was centre back.

To be fair, I knew what you meant and was just being a little cheeky.

However, I disagree with your assessment of his ability, I think that our central defence is our weakest area and feel that we could do with replacing the lot. It's a little early to judge Barr but my first thought is he, much like Webster in his time, could do with a senior head beside him to lead him through a game. Bouzid has on occasions looked a defender but is ridiculously rash, Kucharski is just a bad defender, then we get to Zaliukas. For me, Zaliukas' distribution, positional awareness and marking skills are not up to scratch.

We look shoddy at the back, and have done for a little while IMO. Laszlo's way to avoid that was to make everybody sit back and rely on numbers, Jefferies does not want to play that way and he will want to rely on defenders. Even a dreadfully poor Hamilton side had a period where they were in our box and better sides would have scored.

Don't get me wrong, my concerns about the defence are not pressingly urgent, unless Zaliukas is stopped from playing, I just think that we could do a lot better relatively easily.

Francis Albert

so why quote me? which made it look like I was included in the "most"

I don't see that implication. I was just picking up on the phrase "alarm bells" and noting how some switched completely from being alarmed that we WERE going to sign him to being alarmed we might not. I note you have been entirely consistent.

Drylaw Hearts

No idea where he would go. I too have not heard any rumours of teams watching him but that nobody is. I just get the feeling he has decided that he has had enough of Hearts/Edinburgh/Vlad

I've been saying this for a year - possibly longer.

I don't see that implication. I was just picking up on the phrase "alarm bells" and noting how some switched completely from being alarmed that we WERE going to sign him to being alarmed we might not. I note you have been entirely consistent.

maybe I'm being a bit touchy. totally pissed off of this story turns out to be true. two weeks into the season and our captain frozen out is how I expect this scenario to unfold. the club has had months to sort this out.

just hope he signs a feckin deal

We brought the highly rated Barr in, who I also rated and thought was going to make an immediate impact at Hearts. I just have niggling doubts about him now. He may go on to be a massive success at Tynecastle, but it shows that you cant just bring in a direct replacement, especially for a position such as centre half. Look how long it took us to develop Webster and Zaluikas, they both took about 5 years to perform to their full potential.

I largely agree.

I rated him and thought he would make an immediate impact. I still think he will make an impact it may just take a little time. I don't think it will take five years for Barr to look the part, all it will take is a mentor to help him through for a season or so. I wonder if there are commonalities between Weir and Pressley, both signed for Hearts from other Premier League sides as central defenders and spent part of their first season playing right back.

As for direct replacement, I think we can. All it needs is time. Time for Jefferies to scout a player and the appropriate time to bring him in.

. Even a dreadfully poor Hamilton side had a period where they were in our box and better sides would have scored.

Mainly due to us being completely over ran in the central midfield areas, BHR. The defender and keeper kept a clean sheet, all the defenders can do is deal with the chances the other team create which we did, barring the one chance that caned off the post and the little push by Wallace for the penalty shout.

I hear what your saying though mate. If Zal goes we need to bring in an experienced head, but they must still have the legs on them to compete in SPL, at least with Zal there is scope for him to improve on his game even more. He is after all 14 years younger than Davie Weir!

It's all you, you and you eh! ;)

Tbh, I felt he would leave last year.

Maybe DH, as you know Im a big fan of Zal but he owes his whole career and international career to Vlad in my opinion. Coming over to Riccarton at 21/22 and receiving professional coaching from a club who has created many good defenders in the past, plus I think Csaba taught Zal to be more disciplined. Well done Csaba on that regard.

Anyway, Zal should stay here another year or so, then he can get his move. Some loyalty wouldnt go amiss these days.

HillmanHearts

Even if he wasn't a great player (I think he was btw) his leadership qualities and ability to marshall the defence were the best I have seen in over forty years. We've had more classy central defenders in that time (Jardine, Levein, McLaren, Webster possibly) but no better captain.

Your points on Pressley are 100% accurate IMO,

But I also think that Zal is seriously under-rated by a lot of fans & journos ( unlike folk actually in the game )

He has good technique, great strength and pace - and desire,

Drylaw Hearts

It's all you, you and you eh! ;)

Tbh, I felt he would leave last year.

:lol:

Maybe DH, as you know Im a big fan of Zal but he owes his whole career and international career to Vlad in my opinion. Coming over to Riccarton at 21/22 and receiving professional coaching from a club who has created many good defenders in the past, plus I think Csaba taught Zal to be more disciplined. Well done Csaba on that regard.

Anyway, Zal should stay here another year or so, then he can get his move. Some loyalty wouldnt go amiss these days.

I have a feeling that is relationship with VR isn't all that great tbh.

No proof - just a hunch.

Francis Albert

maybe I'm being a bit touchy. totally pissed off of this story turns out to be true. two weeks into the season and our captain frozen out is how I expect this scenario to unfold. the club has had months to sort this out.

just hope he signs a feckin deal

Let's see how it pans out. But "club and player in late re-signing hitch" is not that unusual or sensational a story (if true). It takes two (or 3 if you include the agent) to sort things out. Given our limited budget (miraculous that we have one at all given our financial situation) should we have switched our signing priorities ferom strikers to a replacement for Zal in case he didn't sign a renewal? Even if we knew Zal was going would a replacement have been a priority for JJ given limited resources? One of the complaints about Zal from his critics is that he has kept better prospects out of the team.

Tommy Wiseau

:laugh:

One guy on fecking Kickback says "I've heard he's away" and folk start the gnashing of teeth.

I've heard Wallace, Jonsson and Templeton are defo away, by the way. Combined fee of ?1m to an unnamed club. A deadline busting swoop.

INDEFENSIBLE IF TRUE.

Big Zali does not bank anywhere else - he knows what bank offers him the best deal when it comes to his interest rates.

Hey mama, make a meal for Zali, he look a thin - where is the bambinos Zali? Uncle Vlad wanna spoil them.

Vlad and Zali have a great relationship.

One guy on fecking Kickback says "I've heard he's away" and folk start the gnashing of teeth.

I've heard Wallace, Jonsson and Templeton are defo away, by the way. Combined fee of ?1m to an unnamed club. A deadline busting swoop.

INDEFENSIBLE IF TRUE.

Unless there is hush hush talks and Vlad giving the green light, GA takes it all with a pinch of salt.

thumbsup.gif

Let's see how it pans out. But "club and player in late re-signing hitch" is not that unusual or sensational a story (if true). It takes two (or 3 if you include the agent) to sort things out. Given our limited budget (miraculous that we have one at all given our financial situation) should we have switched our signing priorities ferom strikers to a replacement for Zal in case he didn't sign a renewal? Even if we knew Zal was going would a replacement have been a priority for JJ given limited resources? One of the complaints about Zal from his critics is that he has kept better prospects out of the team.

I have it on good authority that Zal wants to leave and the wage demands he is asking are for ?15K per week after tax!!!

Tommy Wiseau

Big Zali does not bank anywhere else - he knows what bank offers him the best deal when it comes to his interest rates.

Hey mama, make a meal for Zali, he look a thin - where is the bambinos Zali? Uncle Vlad wanna spoil them.

Vlad and Zali have a great relationship.

:rofl:

Did you know that there are 100 successful Russian owner/Lithuanian player relationships every year - and of those, 2% met through Heart of Midlothian?

INDEFENSIBLE IF TRUE.

the obvious difference is that they haven't been whisked off to Lithuania two weeks into the season

Geoff Kilpatrick

Either way this will lead to 'Mad Vlad' pish or 'he's a bombscare' pish.

More like tedious pish.

Indeed.

Drylaw Hearts

I have it on good authority that Zal wants to leave and the wage demands he is asking are for ?15K per week after tax!!!

As much as I'm not a fan of Zal....

Even he can't be that much of an erse to want ?15k after tax.

don't believe you for a second regarding the wage demand

:rofl:

Did you know that there are 100 successful Russian owner/Lithuanian player relationships every year - and of those, 2% met through Heart of Midlothian?

People might laugh at us, young Thommo - but cold hard facts are for some difficult to deal with.

COLD HARD FACTS

I know what bank I'm going to when GA towers is extending,

I suggest others do as well - lets make this the best season ever for Vlad - a true prince among men.

thumbsup.gif

vladas-bankas.jpg

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Tommy Wiseau

the obvious difference is that they haven't been whisked off to Lithuania two weeks into the season

The obvious difference is, no one will believe my load of pish story because I made it deliberately ludicrous, whereas folk are immediately believing some guy on Kickback who cannot possibly know what's happening in Lithuania.

Only info we have is from JJ, who makes it quite clear what the script is:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Zaliukas-in-talks-over-extending.6498176.jp

Until any further or different information emerges, I'll stick to not believing 'some guy on Kickback' and his second hand patter. I'd advise you to do the same.

If half of the footballing heavyweights :rolleyes: on here are to be believed, we won't miss him anyway if he goes, so apparently nothing to worry about.

The obvious difference is, no one will believe my load of pish story because I made it deliberately ludicrous, whereas folk are immediately believing some guy on Kickback who cannot possibly know what's happening in Lithuania.

Only info we have is from JJ, who makes it quite clear what the script is:

http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/sport/Zaliukas-in-talks-over-extending.6498176.jp

Until any further or different information emerges, I'll stick to not believing 'some guy on Kickback' and his second hand patter. I'd advise you to do the same.

If half of the footballing heavyweights :rolleyes: on here are to be believed, we won't miss him anyway if he goes, so apparently nothing to worry about.

thanks for the advise but you may have noticed that jkb, like many other football forums, is full of speculation and rumours. I personally think this one sounds plausible and fancied discussing it. while I take on board it may well be a lot of shite it also may not be.

as for the "football heavyweights" again I will decide for myself.

thanks for the advise but you may have noticed that jkb, like many other football forums, is full of speculation and rumours. I personally think this one sounds plausible and fancied discussing it. while I take on board it may well be a lot of shite it also may not be.

I dont think there is a big problem with speculating on this, because come 3pm tomorrow, we will know either way. Its not one of those Bryson/Hartley saga's where a Kickback bullsh1t rumour will go on for weeks.

INDEFENSIBLE IF TRUE.

I just had a look back and there only seems to be one poster who could be gnashing teeth. Most folk are just commenting about possible outcomes of said meeting.

Tommy Wiseau

Memo to John: This is speculation and discussion...

Nothing wrong with that.

This, on the other hand...

for once I am in 100% agreement. he is the club captain ffs. serious mismanagement and indefensible if true.

I don't think there was ever any doubt that if he didn't sign he wouldn't play again. you don't just fly the club captain to Lithuania 3 days before a match, injured or not. alarm bells were ringing all over the place at this, despite the club trying to put a positive spin on it. disastrous news and a slap in the face to the fans (if true obviously).

That is a leap into getting yourself wound up by an uncorroborated, single sentence post on Kickback with no evidence to back it up. In fact, the only evidence to hand suggests precisely the opposite. Not that you're prone to flights of fancy, right enough - when is it we're wrapping up the league title again?

I dont think there is a big problem with speculating on this, because come 3pm tomorrow, we will know either way. Its not one of those Bryson/Hartley saga's where a Kickback bullsh1t rumour will go on for weeks.

He might be away, he might not. What is a little bit ridiculous is folk getting themselves excited over it, when it's - after all - just some guy on Kickback who's said he's away with no proof or indeed any more than some other guy on Kickback to tell the same story.

Tommy Wiseau

I just had a look back and there only seems to be one poster who could be gnashing teeth. Most folk are just commenting about possible outcomes of said meeting.

I was just trying not to hurt John's feelings by singling him out. Nice work, Husref... ;)

That said, I do think there is a bit too much willingness to accept that this is likely a true story. I could post "sadly have heard JJ is deffo (sic) away" easily enough and it wouldn't warrant serious discussion.

Interesting to see that the guy who started this rumour has not been back on to explain how he heard this and who from and when he heard this info!!!

Memo to John: This is speculation and discussion...

Nothing wrong with that.

This, on the other hand..

That is a leap into getting yourself wound up by an uncorroborated, single sentence post on Kickback with no evidence to back it up. In fact, the only evidence to hand suggests precisely the opposite. Not that you're prone to flights of fancy, right enough - when is it we're wrapping up the league title again

He might be away, he might not. What is a little bit

ridiculous is folk getting themselves excited over it, when it's - after all - just some guy on Kickback who's said he's away with no proof or indeed any more than some other guy on Kickback to tell the same story.

thommo, I don't know how many times I have to tell you and how many times you need to ask. mid march for the title.

I am not basing anything on one sentence posted by a poster on here. I am and was suspicious of the fact he is in Lithuania for talks (see post two of this thread) I have just posted my suspicions of what MAY be the situation. I have freely admitted these suspicion may be off the mark. I am only reading the situation as I see it and if I am wrong that's great. if i am right I think, as I have said, the whole situation has been managed poorly.

regardless of whether I am right I have posted my opinion on a POSSIBLE scenario. is that not ok?

Tommy Wiseau

thommo, I don't know how many times I have to tell you and how many times you need to ask. mid march for the title.

Unbelievable negativity.

:verymad:

I am not basing anything on one sentence posted by a poster on here. I am and was suspicious of the fact he is in Lithuania for talks (see post two of this thread) I have just posted my suspicions of what MAY be the situation. I have freely admitted these suspicion may be off the mark. I am only reading the situation as I see it and if I am wrong that's great. if i am right I think, as I have said, the whole situation has been managed poorly.

regardless of whether I am right I have posted my opinion on a POSSIBLE scenario. is that not ok?

I would suggest that by using phrases like "FFS", "serious misanagement", "indefensible" and "slap in the face for the fans", you're giving the impression that you're already all het up over it. I would also suggest that this is unnecessary as we will find out soon enough whether some people's suspicions and one chap's unsubstantiated claim are founded or not.

Chillax, Winston - all will be revealed.

Archived