Zal New Deal (Merged Threads)

Jambof3tornado

Zal out in Lithuania to discuss a new deal. Great news,the sooner he gets it done the better.

Get it signed - he is the best central defender in the SPL. Fact. :thumbsup:

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whilst I wouldn't necessarily disagree with those sentiments assuming new and better players were brought to the club (frankly no guarantee of that) you surely can't be hoping that Zaliukas is frozen out just now given the likelihood is that there is virtually no chance of a replacement being brought in for at least the next 4 months and probably the rest of the season ? It would be a disaster for the 2010-11 season if Zaliukas was made to sit in the stand and we had to use Jonsson or Mrowiec there or god forbid Kucharski.

I've not made any mention of freezing out. My posts suggested that if he is here until January and there is no replacement then he should be in the team until January. Freezing out has been a flawed policy as far back as Ritchie or McSwegan or Jackson.

And you think we can replace Zal how? He needs to stay and be the solid part of our defense while we get rid of the above, surely.

Assuming we ain't signing a new CH, would you be happy to go until Jan at the very earliest with a choice of Barr, Kucharski and Bouzid as our only natural CHs? Or moving Lee to CH and Pala to LB. They would be our options. McGowan wouldn't be given that responsibility at this stage, so we'll count him out.

JJ managed to replace Nade with Kyle. I am sure that absolutely everyone on here is united in celebrating that change. So why wouldn't he be able to replace Zaliukas (and Bouzid and Kucharski).

Never sure with you Twerpist, but that isn't far off the truth. He's certainly up there.

And you think we can replace Zal how? He needs to stay and be the solid part of our defense while we get rid of the above, surely.

Assuming we ain't signing a new CH, would you be happy to go until Jan at the very earliest with a choice of Barr, Kucharski and Bouzid as our only natural CHs? Or moving Lee to CH and Pala to LB. They would be our options.

McGowan wouldn't be given that responsibility at this stage, so we'll count him out.

not particularly from this post, but I get the feeling you know more than you are letting on about the zal situation.

spill the beans please, IBH

I've not made any mention of freezing out. My posts suggested that if he is here until January and there is no replacement then he should be in the team until January. Freezing out has been a flawed policy as far back as Ritchie or McSwegan or Jackson.

but if he doesn't sign and the club want him to sign he may well be frozen out

JJ managed to replace Nade with Kyle. I am sure that absolutely everyone on here is united in celebrating that change. So why wouldn't he be able to replace Zaliukas (and Bouzid and Kucharski).

not particularly from this post, but I get the feeling you know more than you are letting on about the zal situation.

spill the beans please, IBH

Can't find it (cos i didn't look very hard!) but as i said above, he's in Lith to basically get the sign it or don't play treatment as far as I'm aware. I heard this before the Hamilton game and was hoping it wasn't true but that fact he's in Lith now to me says it's Dday for big Zal's Hearts career.

Haha, and you think Zal is of a similar level as Nade. Basically Nade wasn't replaced. What we did was sign a centre forward - we didn't have one before. Zal would need replaced as he is a big part of our team.

JJ made him our captain for a reason.

Can't find it (cos i didn't look very hard!) but as i said above, he's in Lith to basically get the sign it or don't play treatment as far as I'm aware. I heard this before the Hamilton game and was hoping it wasn't true but that fact he's in Lith now to me says it's Dday for big Zal's Hearts career.

if this is true it would be a complete outrage. two weeks into the season when it could have been sorted one way or the other in the close season. mental. do you have any idea if he is likely to sign or not?

if this is true it would be a complete outrage. two weeks into the season when it could have been sorted one way or the other in the close season. mental. do you have any idea if he is likely to sign or not?

Malcolm Tucker

This thread is another glowing example of just how thick some Hearts fans are.

Seriously, like really ****ing dumb, y'know?

This thread is another glowing example of just how thick some Hearts fans are.

Seriously, like really ****ing dumb, y'know?

in what way

Commander lovemuscle

[/quote

I agree with you Therapist he has his bad moments but then so does everybody else

Nae idea - I'd say the fact he hasn't already is maybe an indication though.

What I really want to know is, where was Zaliukas at Crouch's first goal last night!

It was obviously his fault!

Malcolm Tucker

in what way

How some folk can say he's not very good, is genuinely totally beyond me.

Unless, of course, it's the typical 'Aw he wiz pure shite when he signed so he must still be shite ye ken??' chat. Which is terrible, terrible patter.

Baffling.

Unless, of course, it's the typical 'Aw he wiz pure shite when he signed so he must still be shite ye ken??' chat. Which is terrible, terrible patter.

Baffling.

just checking what you meant but I agree.

it's as if some posters choose an opinion on here within a few games of a player signing then refuse to change that opinion regardless of what happens on the park

winston churchill

again,

this shows how poor our squad really is when bombscare zal is the pick of the defenders.

Francis Albert

just checking what you meant but I agree.

it's as if some posters choose an opinion on here within a few games of a player signing then refuse to change that opinion regardless of what happens on the park

Sometimes they don't wait that long.

Tommy Wiseau

Baffling.

Indeed. Zaliukas - rated as one of the best in the league by Craig Levein, made club captain and weekly starter by JJ, Mr Romanov is also a fan. What more evidence could one want that he is a quality SPL defender?

But hey, a few internet blowhards and the odd tit in Tynie thinks he's pap, eh, so he must be.

It should be reminded upon us at this stage that one of the key proponents of the "get rid of Zaliukas" patter on this thread is a poster who continually and without repent, claimed that Robbie Neilson was quality and Andrius Velicka was a crap player for the Hearts. Just to give us perspective.

Ideal situation for me would be him to leave and be replaced by Tuesday.

If that is not happening, would like him to leave in January (remaining in the team until then) and be replaced by a JJ pick.

I hope he is not at Hearts for the long term.

Not sure how I can make these points any clearer.

This Tuesday chap any good ?

Sorry, however, should he stay or go it's prob better he has a contract.

Drylaw Hearts

I find it incredible the amount of folk on here who go on about Zaliukas like he's irreplaceable.

He's made more costly mistakes than any other CH I can remember playing for Hearts.

Malcolm Tucker

I find it incredible the amount of folk on here who go on about Zaliukas like he's irreplaceable.

He's made more costly mistakes than any other CH I can remember playing for Hearts.

He's made more than Gordan Petric?

More than Kevin James?

Are you high?

I know you are not a zal fan but keep it real dude

Drylaw Hearts

He's made more than Gordan Petric?

More than Kevin James?

Are you high?

Petric only played about 30 matches for Hearts and Kevin James was probably 1/2 that.

And as poor as they both were I don't remember them making so many errors that have led to goals for the opposition.

Cardiac Rucksack

Zal is in the top 5 centre halves in Scotland, perhaps top 3. We need to do everything we can to get him signed to a long term contract with the club.

Zal is in Lith as he hasn't yet signed the deal offered. Simple as that. He's getting the pressure face to face. If he doesn't sign, we won't see him again. If he does, we will.

Simple as that.

Any suggestion that he and VR are in cahoots (which you see on here an awful lot) are massively wide of the mark.

As for his quality. Zal is by far the best CH at the club. That should be obvious to anyone without prejudice and it's certainly the feeling of our management team.

Bouzid is good but slow and will give away alot of freekicks

Barr, unsure if he's going to make the step up. Has a long way to go.

Kucharski, na.

McGowan, probably a midfielder

Wallace, rated there, but shame to lose what he offers at LB

Eggy, good there, but energy better suited to midfield

It's Zal plus one other. If he doesn't sign this contract, we're in trouble as i can;t see us bringing in anyone anywhere near his quality in the next 5 days

you've conveniently forgotten to list big zal's failings............

see above, although the poster has forgotten to list his most important failing ,that he has the consentration levels of a pot noodle,hence the monumental faux pas periodically.........

i hope he doesn't read the clapped out old tripe on here from the blinkered bozzos.

sign for as long as you like zali.

Drylaw Hearts

by who?

You don't think JJ will have a list of available CH's just in case one of our current one's leave ?

You don't think JJ will have a list of available CH's just in case one of our current one's leave ?

you may not have noticed this but it tends to take hearts rather a long time to secure a players signature. the transfer window shuts on Tuesday. Barr and bouzid for 4 months minimum with JT at right back is what we will get regardless of what you say in reply.

Seymour M Hersh

You're hero Pressley made a fair few rickets in his day iirc.

Drylaw Hearts

you may not have noticed this but it tends to take hearts rather a long time to secure a players signature. the transfer window shuts on Tuesday. Barr and bouzid for 4 months minimum with JT at right back is what we will get regardless of what you say in reply.

Well we'll just have to wait and see.

Drylaw Hearts

You're hero Pressley made a fair few rickets in his day iirc.

My hero ?

You've confused me with someone else me thinks.

Anyway....

Pressley was a far better CH for Hearts than Zaliukas.

Fact.

Malcolm Tucker

My hero ?

You've confused me with someone else me thinks.

Anyway....

Pressley was a far better CH for Hearts than Zaliukas.

Fact.

Better leader than Zal, worse player.

Plus he's a dirty Judas and Zal isn't. No comparison :)

correct. destined to fall on deaf ears though... drylaw's brain has frozen solid in a permafrost of bitterness.

Drylaw Hearts

I disagree.

Malcolm Tucker

I disagree.

Zal is quicker, better in the air and physically stronger than Pressley.

Pressley was not a very good player mate. It was his mental attributes that made him a 'footballer'.

Drylaw Hearts

correct. destined to fall on deaf ears though... drylaw's brain has frozen solid in a permafrost of bitterness.

Bitterness ?

Nah....

I just don't think he's all that great.

Drylaw Hearts

Zal is quicker, better in the air and physically stronger than Pressley.

Pressley was not a very good player mate. It was his mental attributes that made him a 'footballer'.

Pressley was a better player for Hearts imo.

Bitterness ?

Nah....

I just don't think he's all that great.

drylaw, it's one thing to argue at the end of last season that you hoped he'd leave but surely you don't really want him gone or frozen out this close to the end of the window?

Malcolm Tucker

Aye I got that bit loud and clear DH. ;)

But in what way? In a strictly footballing sense here, nothing to do with leadership. How was Pressley better?

Up until the last 18 months, Pressley was top drawer for Hearts. You could tell his pace was going, his head was getting him through games but it was clear he was on the wane.

Anyhooooooo...

Zali needs to up it if he wants to get near what Pressley was - still, he has improved and time is on his side.

Me like Zali

Drylaw Hearts

drylaw, it's one thing to argue at the end of last season that you hoped he'd leave but surely you don't really want him gone or frozen out this close to the end of the window?

If JJ is allowed to sign a replacement then I really don't care what happens to Zal tbh.

Archived