Golf Game

jamborich

The Old Tolbooth

One has been on the go since 06:00 this morning, trying to keep the wheels of industry turning (truth is I forgot, but it's done now).

You ready to play yer home tie mate?

The Old Tolbooth

Are you making tea for you and Linda or the population of Fife, boil in the bag meals should take a maximum of 4.5 minutes, not 2 hours.

I'll have you know I'm a fine cook Iain, I didn't get my size with boil in the bag pish :D

Are you making tea for you and Linda or the population of Fife, boil in the bag meals should take a maximum of 4.5 minutes, not 2 hours.

Think he's stuck trying to bring my boil in the bag meal up my street. Might need a winch :whistling:

I'll be ages anyway, got a load of tidying to do (flat inspection friday).

portobellojambo1

You ready to play yer home tie mate?

I thought it was your home tie first John, I'm not scheduled to be in Fifeshire until the last game of the league programme.

I thought it was your home tie first John, I'm not scheduled to be in Fifeshire until the last game of the league programme.

Dont think it really matters what order you play them in! Does it?

7 under after 9 holes in the CC tournament at St Andrews. :thumbsup:

After 18 holes............................................................. 4 under. :down:

Sometimes I hate this bloody game!! :yucky:

Edited by graygo

The Old Tolbooth

PJ1 having a nightmare in our match, he's having bother with his meter sticking and he offered me the win, but I said to play to 9 and then he could restart his pc to try and sort the problem as he offered me the game on the 9th tee with me already 4 up, anyway we got to the turn with me 5 up and I'll restart the back 9 as at least he still has a chance of winning the game rather than just grabbing the match, it didn't feel right.

portobellojambo1

PJ1 having a nightmare in our match, he's having bother with his meter sticking and he offered me the win, but I said to play to 9 and then he could restart his pc to try and sort the problem as he offered me the game on the 9th tee with me already 4 up, anyway we got to the turn with me 5 up and I'll restart the back 9 as at least he still has a chance of winning the game rather than just grabbing the match, it didn't feel right.

right, lets get this game out the way, that's me restarted and logged back on

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Old Tolbooth

Phew!

Eventually came through 3&2 after trying my best to throw it away, it would have been a lot closer though had PJ1's meter not been sticking.

Cheers for the game PJ, I'm sure you'll get me next time! :thumbsup:

(I've updated the league too)

Edited by johnmitchell

portobellojambo1

John won our match 3 & 2. It was very much a game of two halves, in a football parlance.

Apologies for first 9 John, I was having all sorts of problems taking my shots because of the fecking meter (*******ing thing is green as well which doesn't help), so after 9 holes with me 5 down I switched everything off and we started a mini game to finish off over the back 9. Got to move onto the next game now and get back into a winning frame

Well played Sir

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Old Tolbooth

Really should refresh the page before I post :teehee:

:D

I'm sure Dave will play you if he's about mate, now that I've sharpened you up :thumbsup:

I'll give you a shout later Iain as I'm about to go and make the tea after a successful raid on Asda for more Guinness, and errr, food :whistling:

They're doing a special on bacon pizza at the minute thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif

:D

I'm sure Dave will play you if he's about mate, now that I've sharpened you up :thumbsup:

I have a bad feeling about playing pj :ninja:

portobellojambo1

Dave,

I will be on-line for the remainder of the evening if you want to play our game tonight (it is your choice of course). I'm guessing you've finished tidying up your flat, if you are still at it it is a frightening thought :P

Anyone in top/best/greatest league :P (Division 1) want a game later tonight?

Let me know.

Mark.

:thumbsup:

I'm in for a game.. ready when you are!

No worries mate - best of luck with that thumbsup.gif

Good luck with that one mate :thumbsup:

Yep, good luck on Thursday mate. :thumbsup:

Good luck :thumbsup:

Yes ya dancer...Passed and that's RO1 complete.... Now on the FSA register and 2 years to get 5 more exams out the way.. this one was the hard one I have been told!

Anyone need any Financial Advice?

portobellojambo1

Dave,

I will be on-line for the remainder of the evening if you want to play our game tonight (it is your choice of course). I'm guessing you've finished tidying up your flat, if you are still at it it is a frightening thought :P

Just re-read that and realised it might need clarifying. As it is your home game you have the choice of course on which we play, but it is also your choice if you actually want to play tonight or not (please note when I had my flat inspection it took me 94 seconds to clear up, that involved rinsing out a coffee cup and putting it back in the cupboard !!!!.).

The Old Tolbooth

Yes ya dancer...Passed and that's RO1 complete.... Now on the FSA register and 2 years to get 5 more exams out the way.. this one was the hard one I have been told!

Nice one mate, buys you a bit of time to get through the rest of them too :thumbsup:

Just re-read that and realised it might need clarifying. As it is your home game you have the choice of course on which we play, but it is also your choice if you actually want to play tonight or not (please note when I had my flat inspection it took me 94 seconds to clear up, that involved rinsing out a coffee cup and putting it back in the cupboard !!!!.).

I'm on now if your up for it. I seem to of lost my pillowcases :huh: they were on my pillows last night when I went to bed.

I'm on now if your still about

Yes.... what's this weeks Lotto numbers?

Nice one mate, buys you a bit of time to get through the rest of them too :thumbsup:

I am so glad I passed, need to do the job now!

Anyone in top/best/greatest league :P (Division 1) want a game later tonight?

Let me know.

Mark.

:thumbsup:

Shame you never reappeared

night guys..

portobellojambo1

I'm on now if your up for it. I seem to of lost my pillowcases :huh: they were on my pillows last night when I went to bed.

I'm on now if your still about

Sorry Dave, just noticed this post just now. I'm going to be heading off to bed in the next half an hour, so I'll catch up with you tomorrow night if that is OK.

Sorry Dave, just noticed this post just now. I'm going to be heading off to bed in the next half an hour, so I'll catch up with you tomorrow night if that is OK.

Yeah that's fine :) I finish at 4 tomorrow, not sure if I'm pub bound yet though