Golf Game

jamborich

portobellojambo1

I wouldn't fancy doing it the way you have been John.

There's no reason why everyone can't just update it after their game, Ayeball and Andymcl77 just finished their game and managed it ok. Less chance of a result getting missed.

Players should just drag the link / address into the taskbar or bookmark it, makes it so easy to access. (not sure that made sense but I know what I meant)

I just dragged the source location onto my desktop graygo and it creates a shortcut to the file, so it is at hand if I either want to view it or need to update it after a game.

Iain, as things stand we get 1 point each for a draw, Sean had a draw last night with Jamie and were awarded 1 point each, however it's been suggested that whoever wins at the extra hole should get the 2 points, and the loser should be awarded 1 point for taking it to an extra hole with points difference staying at +1 for the winner and -1 for the loser.

If this is what everyone would like then Sean is due another point, if not then it stays the same with 1 point each for a drawn game and the extra holes don't matter :thumbsup:

That would mean that a person drawing a match (although winning at an extra hole) would get the same 2 points and the same +1 PD as someone winning on the 18th hole.

I not bothered though so let me know if you want to go that way and I'll change it. :thumbsup:

I just dragged the source location onto my desktop graygo and it creates a shortcut to the file, so it is at hand if I either want to view it or need to update it after a game.

Yes, that would work. Easier for me to have it in the tab things at the top of my web page. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

That would mean that a person drawing a match (although winning at an extra hole) would get the same 2 points and the same +1 PD as someone winning on the 18th hole.

I not bothered though so let me know if you want to go that way and I'll change it. :thumbsup:

I think we should put it to the vote, I know which way Sean will vote though :lol:

I think we should put it to the vote, I know which way Sean will vote though :lol:

since it will directly affect me i will abstain from any vote

portobellojambo1

Given it is a league competition, and not a straight knock out format, I think it would be best to leave it as is, i.e. if after the completion of 18 holes the match stands at all square it is declared a draw, irrespective of what happens at the subsequent extra hole(s).

The Old Tolbooth

since it will directly affect me i will abstain from any vote

I didn't see that curve ball coming Sean :wacko:

Very decent of you though.

Given it is a league competition, and not a straight knock out format, I think it would be best to leave it as is, i.e. if after the completion of 18 holes the match stands at all square it is declared a draw, irrespective of what happens at the subsequent extra hole(s).

To be honest, although I favour the 2pts for an extra hole win, and 1pt for the loss, I think because we started with the 1pt each for a draw then it's only right to continue in that vein.

I vote this thumbsup.gif

I actually agree with this as well, if it's a draw, its, a draw. 1 pt, no PD advantage.

John, it's your baw, what do you want to do?

It's no big deal really, I don't think we'll be swamped with drawn games.

Edited by graygo

The Old Tolbooth

You go for it mate laugh.gif

Best offer I've had for weeks :lol:

1 point each for a drawn game it is, with no pd advantage :thumbsup:

Final decision and no need to phone a friend :D

jambosean75 v BBSHARK1874

this game is about to tee off

Jambosean - If you're staying on after playing BBShark set them up and send me an invite.

Well played,you did great round the turn, and a brilliant birdie on 17.

i had to step it up on the back 9 as you were constant all the way round.

birdie, par, birdie.

portobellojambo1

Just as a matter of courtesy I've gone into the spreadsheet and corrected the spelling of Juanimator, felt sorry for him being referred to as jaunimator. :teehee:

Just having a look at the league and some players seem to be racing through their fixtures. I had this sort of mapped out in my head that we'd probably play maybe 1, maximum of 2 games a week to help pass time and maintain a competitive interest between the Knock out matchplay tournaments. By the looks of things this whole league thing could be wrapped up by the middle of next week at the latest, given the rate the games are being played at.

Oh, and that is me on-line now, and I think I'm due to play Dave Spacey next, however if John is about first tonight one of you can give me a shout.

Edited by portobellojambo1

The Old Tolbooth

I'll give you a shout later Iain as I'm about to go and make the tea after a successful raid on Asda for more Guinness, and errr, food :whistling:

portobellojambo1

I'll give you a shout later Iain as I'm about to go and make the tea after a successful raid on Asda for more Guinness, and errr, food :whistling:

So, a typical day in the life of a mortgage advisor then.

Just as a matter of courtesy I've gone into the spreadsheet and corrected the spelling of Juanimator, felt sorry for him being referred to as jaunimator. :teehee:

Might have changed it on the fixtues page as well you lazy git. :whistling:

As a matter of courtesy of course. :thumbsup:

Edited by graygo

The Old Tolbooth

So, a typical day in the life of a mortgage advisor then.

Yes, but frought with danger for a change :D

The neighbour offered to try and take his car and asked if I wanted to go, so I said I might as well, he wasn't daft, him to drive and me to get out and feckin push when he got stuck! :wacko:

The Old Tolbooth

Ummm, ooops!

I only just realised that there actually WAS a fixtures page :peepwall:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ummm, ooops!

I only just realised that there actually WAS a fixtures page :peepwall:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

HA HA, I was actually having a go at PJ1 as he changed the spelling on juanimator, but hey if the cap fits. :lol:

portobellojambo1

One has been on the go since 06:00 this morning, trying to keep the wheels of industry turning (truth is I forgot, but it's done now).

portobellojambo1

Are you making tea for you and Linda or the population of Fife, boil in the bag meals should take a maximum of 4.5 minutes, not 2 hours.