Golf Game

jamborich

The Old Tolbooth

John, I played you on a pitch and putt and gave you a stroke a hole and

You just beat me. You should not be entering this mate.

Do you not remember the tanking I gave you at Silverknowes.

Signed: the JKB golf champion :)

There's nowt quite like bending the truth :lol:

I conned you into giving me a shot a hole for the first 9 on the pitch n putt, and absolutely thrashed you, then you begged me to play of scratch and you beat me on the last hole over the last 9

Silverknowes was very different though, you beat me by around ten shots on the day, which for a golfer who played almost every day, compared to a golfer (or non golfer) who plays almost every year, is not too shabby :thumbsup:

You still provided me with one of my funniest moments ever on a golf course though, when on the second hole and you scuffed the ball along the ground, then all of a sudden your golf clubs (feckin huge fat bag n all) went rocketing skywards as you booted them clean off the ground, they must have went 15-20 feet in the air and yer face turned 8 different shades of purple :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Old Tolbooth

He he, at the time you played a lot more, but now you're just a lazy fud :lol:

Every time I see that golf bag up in the air I burst out laughing though :rofl:

GOLD!

ArmiyaRomanova

Arse well and truly kicked by hmfc21 (BMC12) 4 & 3.

Good luck in catching ayeball mate.

Nervous times for me, nought I can do about it either.

Nervous times for me, nought I can do about it either.

I was garbage!! was 4 down after 5 holes and never looked like pegging him back. :down:

I'll maybe get some easier games in the next division 4 though. :whistling:

portobellojambo1

There's your answer right there... set up your matchplay in practice mode and you get control of all the variables. :thumbsup:

Can you do that in these league games AR (sorry for all the questions) and then invite someone else to play. I thought, possibly through ignorance of what can and cannot be done, that we set them up as scored matches and got on with it.

If we can play league games in practice mode you could have put me onto something, and in the meantime I can bash about with my new driver (fair enough the ball basically goes around 300 yards/metres at the moment, but direction wise it is anyone's guess and needs fine tuning (i.e. steadier pair of hands, faster eye co-ordination etc).

Can you do that in these league games AR (sorry for all the questions) and then invite someone else to play. I thought, possibly through ignorance of what can and cannot be done, that we set them up as scored matches and got on with it.

If we can play league games in practice mode you could have put me onto something, and in the meantime I can bash about with my new driver (fair enough the ball basically goes around 300 yards/metres at the moment, but direction wise it is anyone's guess and needs fine tuning (i.e. steadier pair of hands, faster eye co-ordination etc).

If I may answer on behalf of AR - tho I'm sure he'll prob add something to my reply coz he's smarter than me regarding WGT - Yep you can do that as it's effectively your home tie (home advantage and all that)

When I played Jamie I deliberately set up practice mode off the champ tees at St Andrews coz I figured with his driver he could struggle at times to clear the garbage and find the fairway. As it turned out that only happened the once but my theory worked.

When I played Sean, he set up scored mode so my tee was further back than his, so he was frequently outdriving me.

It may be a tactic that borders on the devious, but all's fair in love and war . . . . . :whistling:

you still around for a league game graygo ?

Apologies hmfc21, i know we were due to play our return last night but when i went on at 8.30pm the site was down. Didnt realise it had come back up not long after.

ArmiyaRomanova

Will be interesting when WGT finally add a spectator option to the game. :o

Particularly if they allow acces to the chat facility. :thumbsup:

portobellojambo1

Any of my guys kicking around at the moment?

Think I have still to play you on your home turf Boof if you want to set it up in say 5 minutes time (give me time to grab a cup of ooffee and a smoke).

portobellojambo1

That's me ready Boof if you want to set things up

EDIT - Oops just saw your post above 10:30 is fine.

Edited by portobellojambo1

Bethpage, hard tees and quick greens. hmfc21 likes his course tough.

After a cracking game it ends all square. We even had quite a few birdies between us depite the conditions.

(Andy takes the extra hole).

(i'll need to re-read the thread to check if this means anything)

Many thanks hmfc21, great game.

:thumbsup:

1 point each for a drawn game it is, with no pd advantage :thumbsup:

Final decision and no need to phone a friend :D

(Andy takes the extra hole).

Found it.

LOL. While i was searching the thread someone beat me to it and updated league. :lol:

:thumbsup:

ArmiyaRomanova

Means that hmfc21 needs to win his remaining game against graygo (a home tie for hmfc21) to take first place in the league - a draw's not good enough on hole difference, and he needs to win by more than 1up.

And graygo, the only player with two games still to complete, can, if he wins the ties, get off the bottom into 3rd spot.

So come on graygo!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by ArmiyaRomanova

Good luck AndyMcI!! :whistling:

Going to be an interesting finish.

Graygo can decide the wooden spoon and promotion in the final 2 games. :santa4:

EDIT. Just seen AR's post.

I really am slow tonight.

Every time i go to do or type something someone gets there 1st! :lol:

Edited by AndyMcI

portobellojambo1

Match finishes with a 4&3 win for Boof.

Cheers pj1 - some good golf going on in that game.

Quite strange how actually playing off shorter (red)tees can be just as difficult to re-adjust to as playing off the longer tees at Master level.

Well played and thank you. Leaves me with 1 game to play against Dave Spacey before taking up my position in Division 4 or 5, depending on how many additional names there now are.

Means that hmfc21 needs to win his remaining game against graygo (a home tie for hmfc21) to take first place in the league - a draw's not good enough on hole difference, and he needs to win by more than 1up.

And graygo, the only player with two games still to complete, can, if he wins the ties, get off the bottom into 3rd spot.

So come on graygo!!! :thumbsup:

i'm able to play Monday and Tuesday night this week if either are able to make it.

AR (or hmfc21), If you want to offer a bribe can you do it by PM to protect my integrity? :whistling:

Match finished all square after 14 halved holes over the 18!

Mark took the extra hole once all the pressure was off lol

Fantastic match - I used my home advantage well I think, though it almost backfired.

Thanks Mark - pleasure as always thumbsup.gif

Just had the closest game I've played on here.

I think Dunks and myself halved 14 out of the 18 holes! The last 8 holes were halved :teehee::teehee:

All Square after 18.

1 point each.

I hate the 30 second per shot setting though!! :lol:

Great game again Dunks.... Enjoyed the chat also. Looking forward to our next game. :thumbsup:

i'm able to play Monday and Tuesday night this week if either are able to make it.

AR (or hmfc21), If you want to offer a bribe can you do it by PM to protect my integrity? :whistling:

I'll be on from about 8.15pm tonight if you want to play our tie.