Vuvuzela/Horns (merged threads)

P-Dizzle

The world cup is about culture as much as it's about football. You can't confine the tournament to a handful of countries because it suits you.

The Vuvuzela is part of their footballing culture. If you silence that, it defeats the purpose of holding the tournament in a country with different customs to your own. What message does that send out, when our commentators, reporters and viewers go on about it constantly. Because I'm finding all this bellyaching more annoying than a cheap horn being blown by a fan at the ground.

It's not going to be banned, so stop ******* complaining about it in every thread. It's not a brillant observation you've made, I don't care what you think it sounds like and how that might be shite.

Shut up, and talk about the football.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Loverman

The world cup is about culture as much as it's about football. You can't confine the tournament to a handful of countries because it suits you.

The Vuvuzela is part of their footballing culture. If you silence that, it defeats the purpose of holding the tournament in a country with different customs to your own. What message does that send out, when our commentators, reporters and viewers go on about it constantly. Because I'm finding all this bellyaching more annoying than a cheap horn being blown by a fan at the ground.

It's not going to be banned, so stop ******* complaining about it in every thread. It's not a brillant observation you've made, I don't care what you think it sounds like and how that might be shite.

I couldn't agree more - well said that man! :thumbsup:

What's got your goat? Probably the vuvuzela IMO.

Well said that man.

I'm already used to it and to continue to moan about it, after hearing it for over 200 minutes so far, you've got to be just a moaning, greeting faced, barsteward.

Anyway, I've found the vuvuzela's silver lining. It's drowned out the high pitched screams omitted from the Korean fans every time their team crosses half way thumbsup.gif

Hangover today mate :teehee:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I actually quite like it. Getting one for Tynecastle next season.

story8c2c071507305996e18a778d86ab7b83.jpg

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

scott_jambo

I actually quite like it. Getting one for Tynecastle next season.

We should campaign for this. The zulu cafe (i think) in Edinburgh sell them. We would be supporting a local business by buying tonnes of these from the cafe and it would make Tynecastle the most unique atmosphere in Britain for our opening game of the season.

Who's with us?? smile.gif

Well said that man.

I'm already used to it and to continue to moan about it, after hearing it for over 200 minutes so far, you've got to be just a moaning, greeting faced, barsteward.

Anyway, I've found the vuvuzela's silver lining. It's drowned out the high pitched screams omitted from the Korean fans every time their team crosses half way thumbsup.gif

laugh.gif

We should campaign for this. The zulu cafe (i think) in Edinburgh sell them. We would be supporting a local business by buying tonnes of these from the cafe and it would make Tynecastle the most unique atmosphere in Britain for our opening game of the season.

Who's with us?? smile.gif

I'm sure we could get maroon ones, if only to piss off Craig Burley when that arse is commentating on us. :thumbsup:

could be wrong but i believe that both spain and the states asked fifa to ban them as they were distracting-blatter in a moment of clarity told them to do one and to stop trying to europenise world football

scott_jambo

I'm sure we could get maroon ones, if only to piss off Craig Burley when that arse is commentating on us. thumbsup.gif

Give some to the gorgie stand, it might drown out the rustling of their werthers originals. whistling.gif

Optimus Prime

Cracking post by the OP. Anybody who gets upset by a few horns needs to take some man pills.

Give some to the gorgie stand, it might drown out the rustling of their werthers originals. whistling.gif

Haha, up the Library!

I'm sure we could get maroon ones, if only to piss off Craig Burley when that arse is commentating on us. :thumbsup:

That's what's wrong with the vuvuzela. When that tit is commentating they are not loud enough.

Thats mine bought

Lookout Section B this coming season because I have purchased my trumpet and will be bringing it to a game near you thumbsup.gif

Trumpets are ine, its the half time, home made confetti that gets me.

Oh and that guy that spits, but he is quite funny.thumbsup.gif

if there's one thing I can't stand, is someone telling me what to think.

After the France game, moaning about these horns is the o ly useful thing to talk about from that match.

Ban them! They're worse than the livi drummer ffs!

could be wrong but i believe that both spain and the states asked fifa to ban them as they were distracting-blatter in a moment of clarity told them to do one and to stop trying to europenise world football

that's because FIFA are doing a roaring trade in selling them

Patrick Bateman

Exactly, who wants to hear a crowd sing or cheer? Much better to have a drone for 90 minutes which changes in volume depending on where the ball is. Fantastic stuff :whistling:

Tiberius Stinkfinger

Trumpets are ine, its the half time, home made confetti that gets me.

Oh and that guy that spits, but he is quite funny.thumbsup.gif

Keep your eye on Mothy, he dribbles constantly.

The "spitter" is a legend.

Keep your eye on Mothy, he dribbles constantly.

The "spitter" is a legend.

Spitter is fine. Im all prepared for next season anyway...

kids_snorkel_h2o_package.jpg

Harry Palmer

Aye, it adds to the atmosphere.

When watching the highlights of SA v Mexico all I could hear was the droning...even when the goals were scored....WTF? Surely you'd want to cheer or STFU? :unsure:

Gigolo-Aunt

It does do my ******* head in.

Anyone who goes down the line of the OP is just on the wind up.

Its annoying as ****.

Their "footballing culture" is annoying as ****, imo.

Agreed. I hope the World Cup never returns to that god-forsaken continent.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Their "footballing culture" is annoying as ****, imo.

Thought the South African team dancing about in the tunnel with big cheesy smiles before the game was a bit much yesterday.

Jam Tarts 1874

Don't mind the Vuvuzela during the game. But I think the fans should show some respect for the respective team's national anthems.

if there's one thing I can't stand, is someone telling me what to think.

I'm not telling you what to think, I'm telling you and everyone else who's going on about it to keep it out of all the threads on here.

Don't mind the Vuvuzela during the game. But I think the fans should show some respect for the respective team's national anthems.

I agree on the point about National Anthems. There's not much you can really do about it though.

Just because something's not to our taste, what gives us the right to tell another country how to act when hosting their tournament?

Jam Tarts 1874

I'm not telling you what to think, I'm telling you and everyone else who's going on about it to keep it out of all the threads on here.

I agree on the point about National Anthems. There's not much you can really do about it though.

Just because something's not to our taste, what gives us the right to tell another country how to act when hosting their tournament?

But you seem to think that you can tell people what to post!

rolleyes.gif

But you seem to think that you can tell people what to post!

rolleyes.gif

When it's along the lines of "THOSE VOOVOOZAYERS ARE WELL ANNOYING, SOUNDS LIKE A DOG BEING SHAFTED LOL".

Yes, yes I do.

I find it amusing how upset the english get about the vuvuzela.

Their bloody brass band is FAR more annoying.

IRONY!!

Jambo, Goodbye

It's far better than listening to angry middle-aged men singing Hullo Hullo that's for sure

Where is this Zulu cafe in Edinburgh mentioned before? Never knew we had one

It's far better than listening to angry middle-aged men singing Hullo Hullo that's for sure

Ooooooo careful, the mini hun.. erm I mean these who want a better atmosphere at Tynie will get upset.

whistling.gif

Jambo, Goodbye

Ooooooo careful, the mini hun.. erm I mean these who want a better atmosphere at Tynie will get upset.

whistling.gif

No doubt whistling.gif

Gigolo-Aunt

Excellent - a thread on the stupid horns now turns in to one about Hearts fans and what they sing.

Bravo.

willie wallace

Its at the bottom of Morningside Road just before the big clock.

:verymad: Nah guys - not cool.They are actually ruining my enjoyment of this world cup. :verymad:

Jambo, Goodbye

Its at the bottom of Morningside Road just before the big clock.

Cheers thumbsup.gif

They are a ******* nightmare.

I know some smart erse will come on and say turn the volume down but no! I aint watching football with no commentary.

Whoever had the idea for these horns should be shot. :whistling:

Commander Harris

found them annoying at first but I seem to tune them out after a couple of minutes so they don't bother me. ?

Toxteth O'Grady

I know some smart erse will come on and say turn the volume down but no! I aint watching football with no commentary.

Whoever had the idea for these horns should be shot. :whistling:

Unfortunately it might come down to that for me.

There is no singing or chanting because of the racket made by these stupid things, it sounds like somebody using a strimmer :down:

found them annoying at first but I seem to tune them out after a couple of minutes so they don't bother me.

I can't understand why everyone is still getting bothered by them. I stopped noticing during the France game.

ToadKiller Dog

When the Vuvuzela is all the media have to go on then the world cup in Africa is off to a good start .

Many folk in the media were predicting a disaster with it going to Africa as it would suit the media agenda and to be honest many of our own prejudices .

It may yet be but so far they are doing well .

Of course these events mask the political problems in the African nations of poverty ,corruption ,Human rights etc but World cups the Olympics are not there to solve such things .

Guest GhostHunter

I've got a special Sky box that feature background noise reduction filter - so all I get is the commentary with limited vuvu's..:sweat:

i think they add to the atmosphere but my opinion might change if i was sitting next to one at Tynie, but who knows

Archived