Vuvuzela/Horns (merged threads)

P-Dizzle

I couldn't hear what you said, I think I have a Wasps nest in my living room

thats funny .............made me laugh out loud,which doesnt happen very often :lol:

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If people want to have this as a rant threat where they're trying to troll me, that's fine. Just keep it in this thread.

Every single match thread has some tit posting about the vuvuzela noise.

Gigolo-Aunt

If people want to have this as a rant threat where they're trying to troll me, that's fine. Just keep it in this thread.

Resorting to personnel abuse.

The last stand of a man who knows his opinion has been proved wrong.

Have a a nice day!

I've got a special Sky box that feature background noise reduction filter - so all I get is the commentary with limited vuvu's..:sweat:

elitist post imo

Ooooooooooooh check out me i've got so much money I can affors fancy Sky Boxes :yucky::)

Resorting to personnel abuse.

The last stand of a man who knows his opinion has been proved wrong.

Have a a nice day!

You know I'm right.

You're a pritty bad troll too.

Carl Spackler

It's only a matter of time before a Vuvuzela player is admitted to Jo'Burg General A&E with one of these things having been force-ably and involuntarily introduced to their ringpiece if you ask me.

Apart from the fact that they probably made a pretty good cosh was there any other reason the old football rattles were banned from grounds here?

Gigolo-Aunt

You know I'm right.

You're a pritty bad troll too.

Now accusing posters of trolling.

Will this madness ever end.

sad.gif

The Comedian

Might want to get over yourself as those posts are here to stay much like the irritating vuvuzela.

Might want to get over yourself as those posts are here to stay much like the irritating vuvuzela.

I don't want to read about what people think of a horn in every match thread. You want to jump in here, then go for it.

Johanes de Silentio

I like it - it reminds me of old-school away internationals, like the tickertape in Argentina in '78 and stuff like that - I like it! :thumbsup:

Serj Tankian

You can get one as an app on the iPhone just got it just keep pressing it on the screen

colinmaroon

The world cup is about culture as much as it's about football. You can't confine the tournament to a handful of countries because it suits you.

The Vuvuzela is part of their footballing culture. If you silence that, it defeats the purpose of holding the tournament in a country with different customs to your own. What message does that send out, when our commentators, reporters and viewers go on about it constantly. Because I'm finding all this bellyaching more annoying than a cheap horn being blown by a fan at the ground.

It's not going to be banned, so stop ******* complaining about it in every thread. It's not a brillant observation you've made, I don't care what you think it sounds like and how that might be shite.

Shut up, and talk about the football.

I'm sorry, but could you say that again!!!

Couldn't hear you because of these d***** horns!!!

They aren't annoying me that much it's just disappointing there is no actual crowd noise besides these.

Was the sun not giving them away?

They are being handed out at work.

I'm now pretty much a professional on it. Musician if you will.

Over on the Argentina v Nigeria match thread we are pretty much in agreement that these horns are the lesser of two evils when compared with Mick McCarthy.

As for singing and chanting - that's never really been a WC thing...has it?

The vuvuzela? Doesn't bother me.

It does bring to mind, however, that fantastic thread (which I think turned out to be a wind-up) about the formation of the massed Gorgie kazoo band. I still think that should go ahead.

Maybe I'm in the minority but they genuinely don't bother me. Reminds me of watching European night games on the telly back in the days - places like Ajax created as much noise if not more.

The Mighty Thor

The Vuvuzela aren't loud enough tonight. I can still hear that fecking ingurlund brass band playing the fecking great escape every two minutes.

I wouldn't mind them so much if they only blew them when a team was attacking, it would be a far better build up of atmosphere than the constant buzz.

The Vuvuzela aren't loud enough tonight. I can still hear that fecking ingurlund brass band playing the fecking great escape every two minutes.

This.

I had high expectations of the massed vuvuzelas drowing out that bloody terrible brass band.

Sorely disappointed.

The world cup is about culture as much as it's about football. You can't confine the tournament to a handful of countries because it suits you.

The Vuvuzela is part of their footballing culture. If you silence that, it defeats the purpose of holding the tournament in a country with different customs to your own. What message does that send out, when our commentators, reporters and viewers go on about it constantly. Because I'm finding all this bellyaching more annoying than a cheap horn being blown by a fan at the ground.

It's not going to be banned, so stop ******* complaining about it in every thread. It's not a brillant observation you've made, I don't care what you think it sounds like and how that might be shite.

Because it`s a pain in the arse ya trumpet. I wonder about the mentality of the people blowing them...even after a while you`d think they`d get pissed off blowing them.

So, feck off, we don`t have to bow to what you say or believe in. Just sit and watch the game, respnd to how it goes and have a sing song...vuvuzelas, drums, trumpets...stick them up yer hole

Because it`s a pain in the arse ya trumpet. I wonder about the mentality of the people blowing them...even after a while you`d think they`d get pissed off blowing them.

So, feck off, we don`t have to bow to what you say or believe in. Just sit and watch the game, respnd to how it goes and have a sing song...vuvuzelas, drums, trumpets...stick them up yer hole

Thank you for proving my point. :thumbsup:

BoJack Horseman

If it really bothers you you can apparently tune it out: http://twitpic.com/1vwlun

That's for Samsung tellys, but I imagine if you find the settings on your set it will work the same.

If it really bothers you you can apparently tune it out: http://twitpic.com/1vwlun

That's for Samsung tellys, but I imagine if you find the settings on your set it will work the same.

Do you have one for Alan Green?

The Comedian

Apparently someone blowing a shan trumpet for 90 mins solid is considered culture in South Africa.

Show some respect.

Denny Crane

I thought this was meant to be the World Cup not a bloody kazoo concert

We should campaign for this. The zulu cafe (i think) in Edinburgh sell them. We would be supporting a local business by buying tonnes of these from the cafe and it would make Tynecastle the most unique atmosphere in Britain for our opening game of the season.

Who's with us?? smile.gif

Sfa should supply these to all clubs outside the infirm, instant solution to driving out the bigots from the west

WTF! That stupid trumpet of a thing is got to be the most unimaginative thing ever to be brought into our beautiful game! GET THEM TO FECK!!!!!

We should campaign for this. The zulu cafe (i think) in Edinburgh sell them. We would be supporting a local business by buying tonnes of these from the cafe and it would make Tynecastle the most unique atmosphere in Britain for our opening game of the season.

Who's with us?? smile.gif

No thankyou. I'd rather CHEER my team on with a chant than blow a fecked up trumpet for 90mins. BORING!! How is a constant drone going to spur your team on?

Chris Benoit

Some people are getting incredibly worked up over a trumpet, personally quite like them, babysitting my nephews last night and it didn't half drown out their crying

Still better than the fecking Livi Drummer !

On par with the livi drummer. They're both useless and pointless.

Absolutely loving the Vuvuzela. They remind me of watching fitba as a kid when air horns could be heard (spain 82?) the only thing that could add to the enjoyment is a less than crystal clear commentary. Loving the World cup so far.smile.gif

My problem is not so much the Vuvuzela itself, but the clowns blowing them, the locals seem to be there to make a noise and dance rather than to watch the football.

My problem is not so much the Vuvuzela itself, but the clowns blowing them, the locals seem to be there to make a noise and dance rather than to watch the football.

It seems like quite a carnival atmosphere. I bet if you were in the ground amongst them, you'd love it.

It seems like quite a carnival atmosphere. I bet if you were in the ground amongst them, you'd love it.

I'd rather football fans inside the satdium created an atmosphere instead of this side show.

Mac_fae_Gillie

i hate them,but as OP says its cultural so gotta accept it.

cotton wool and ears plugs before next SA game though.

Little bit of a shame the consant noise drowns out actual supporters singing.well maybe not if it was engerlund.

Some good points there. The players being unable to hear each other is important and could change a game.Personally I hate the things as much as the Livi drummer. When discussing the fillings in the prawn sandwiches, it would not be possible with these things going on and on and on. :woot:

Son Of Anarchy

I absolutely detest the bliddy things and think every single one of them should be shoved down the englands brass band intruments as far as possible :thumbsup:

I would rather hear singing/chanting during the games than these awful instruments. The South koreans fans are usually pretty vocal with the drummers.....you couldn't hear a thing from them yesterday. Will we hear the German fans tonight, who again are usually pretty vocal. I doubt it. Or Holland tomorrow? It is taking away from the real atmosphere these games should be generating. By all means, let them be played when South Africa are playing but the rest of the time....feck off! :)

I would rather hear singing/chanting during the games than these awful instruments. The South koreans fans are usually pretty vocal with the drummers.....you couldn't hear a thing from them yesterday. Will we hear the German fans tonight, who again are usually pretty vocal. I doubt it. Or Holland tomorrow? It is taking away from the real atmosphere these games should be generating. By all means, let them be played when South Africa are playing but the rest of the time....feck off! smile.gif

Got to agree. As a blind person who can't get anything out the TV because all the commentators talk about everything in the world except what's going on on the pitch, I spend 99% of my time taking in radio commentaries. This world cup is totally ruined for me so far as you just can't hear any crowd reaction, even when a goal is scored, these damn horns get louder and that's it.... so frustrating, completely spoils it for me.

Understand the culture arguments, but na, it's eliminated the chants, the unique songs, there's just no audible atmosphere. If all you folks had to listen to games in your car on the radio, I bet you'd switch it off and watch the highlights later. Even the radio commentators are shouting at the top of their voices, it's crap.b

The Real Maroonblood

That's what the mute button on the remote control was invented for.

Folk should learn the skill to use it. It's great.

Archived