Vuvuzela/Horns (merged threads)

P-Dizzle

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's one to ponder for some on here. What is more annoying?

A Vuvuzela or James Corden

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/sport/stevewilson/100009486/world-cup-2010-james-corden-is-a-bigger-aural-menace-than-any-amount-of-vuvuzelas/

Cordens show would be vastly improved if there were to be a few vuvuzela's blown though-out the half hour, terrible programme from a fat lad who ain't that funny with-out a script.

Jam Tarts 1874

How can people possibly complain about the noise? Have some people been buying TV's without volume controls?

Boo Hoo! my ears can't take it! FFS!

Gigolo-Aunt

How can people possibly complain about the noise? Have some people been buying TV's without volume controls?

Boo Hoo! my ears can't take it! FFS!

I think the point is nobody wants to sit in silence watching a game.

The horns have taken away what kind of atmosphere there has been at a game.

Blowing when.....

Its a bye kick

Its a throw in

Its a corner

Its half time

Its blow time

Add's **** all - nowt.

Chad Sexington

I think the point is nobody wants to sit in silence watching a game.

The horns have taken away what kind of atmosphere there has been at a game.

Blowing when.....

Its a bye kick

Its a throw in

Its a corner

Its half time

Its blow time

Add's **** all - nowt.

Spot on.

The "use your mute button" brigade are missing the point entirely.

Mr Loverman

Apologies if already discussed, I did do a search prior to posting this.

Is anyones enjoyment of the WC been spoiled by the constant noise of those frigging horns?

I've not seen much of the WC so far due to having a full weekend and being at work, however whenever I've watched the games, I've been disappointed with the atmosphere. Fair enough when the games are small nations, it may add to something, however you cannot hear any team sing due to them.

As I've said, apologies if already covered, however I did look for a thread with it.

I thought you were getting a shiny new TV put above your desk just in time for the WC starting? :whistling:

willie wallace

My son got one today.Not as easy as you may think to get the hang of it but hopefully i will have it mastered by the start of the season :)

I can't believe the fuss that's being made about them. It's absurd. They don't bother me in the slightest.

And I'd happily have them at Tynie. The place resembles a library most of the time, they would soon sort that out!

I agree. For me the World Cup atmosphere everyone is saying has been impaired by the vuvuzela is normally a fairly bland and generic noise anyway - I'm not exactly going to be able to appreciate the niceties of Slovak chants about the Czechs shagging their dead grannies unless I happen to be fluent in their language, which I'm not. Plus you have the considerable proportion of locals, neutrals, blazers, hospitality jobs and hangers-on who're at every game and amuse themselves by doing Mexican waves or drawing attention to their comedy hats. Throw in the fact that fans appear to be able to enjoy the World Cup matches whether their team wins, loses or draws and you end up with something that's never going to be the most cutting-edge or nuanced crowd noise and will usually be nothing like as partisan as a club atmosphere.

If we do ever got any really compelling, heart-in-the-mouth matches I dare say the fans might up the vocals a bit. But the horns don't bother me in the least.

Sydney from Sydney

We should campaign for this. The zulu cafe (i think) in Edinburgh sell them. We would be supporting a local business by buying tonnes of these from the cafe and it would make Tynecastle the most unique atmosphere in Britain for our opening game of the season.

Who's with us?? smile.gif

I think the African plastic trumpet will be at most grounds next season.

The constant drone is getting annoying now,every minute of every match is the same.All it would take to get rid of them is for someone to throw one on the pitch,in the vicinity of the players or officials-voila-banned overnight.So if anybody knows someone in SA,send them ?2 to buy one and chuck it on the pitch.Thanks in advance.

Guest GhostHunter

A guy at my work bought 2 that arrived on Thursday...

All I can say, is that the volume that 2 made was enough to drive you mad, 40K of them would make your ears bleed....

A guy at my work bought 2 that arrived on Thursday...

He's now no longer working for your company, is he? :teehee:

Guest GhostHunter

He's now no longer working for your company, is he? :teehee:

Aye, he's still there, however makes a funny noise when he bends over.

Aye, he's still there, however makes a funny noise when he bends over.

About four semitones lower than the original pitch, I'm guessing.

I'm so used to them now but wouldn't particularly like one in my ear in a live situation. I might be moved to protest.

Teuchterjambo

It does do my ******* head in.

Anyone who goes down the line of the OP is just on the wind up.

Its annoying as ****.

Bang on GA - Anyone who blows one near me will be wearing it !

Or

It will be rammed so far up their erse their eues will be hinging oot their head !

If you've got an iPod / iPhone download the Vuvuzela App is sounds awesome - loads of people in he pup with their iphone Vuvuzelas would be class :whistling:

Archived