yvonnejambo

unvote scott pilgrim

vote jack regan

for all his bloody moaning. Jack you moan so much you could be a woman

• Replies 752
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Commander Harris

I'm heading out to the pub pre-match so won't be on again until this evening. ?vote stays with deek for the time being(I think!) as he's not made an appearance. ?

chester copperpot

Afternoon folks!

unvote Geoff

I'll be back..... thumbsup.gif

Unvote Jack Regan Vote Boof

Hola!

Just back from seeing my daddy on his way to Tynie, crunch game folks :mellow: Alas I'm babysitting as usual so I'll be around a bit more today.

JR ,my eye is on you as I explained why I would be quiet. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt for now as I think you may be playing in your usual townie way.

vote PJ1 for the random chat about cold weather in the mornings as it's lovely here!! (no danger I'm up at 7.50am Saturday right enough!

Nothing much else to go on for now.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Given the sad state of affairs of today's performance, I'm glad this game is running! :(

Harry Palmer

It'll be brutal for the next few days/weeks/months.....

So, I'll just have to stay here. :ninja:

evening peeps.

got my pm last night when i got home, but wasn't really on here to post.

simple townie again so a moot point, but had i been the cop i'd have used BS

not sure where to place my vote as yet, but as i'm getting ready for a night out, i'll hold off til tomorrow

anyone fancying going out to a gig tonight... charity thing with a couple of local bands, including the one scott wilson played at half time, then pop along to maggies chambers tonight, above the 3 slags, sorry, 3 sisters

fiver a ticket and it should be a good night

yvonnejambo

Back home and tired and grumpy so will focus on this tomorrow. Think everyone has posted now and i will do up to date vote count in morning.

Think at this rate we'll be having a Hearts mafia at the end of the season where it might be a huge goon to townie ratio.

Not surprising there's not a lot of activity tonight, I'm obviously one of the few not drowning my sorrows

Think at this rate we'll be having a Hearts mafia at the end of the season where it might be a huge goon to townie ratio.

Not surprising there's not a lot of activity tonight, I'm obviously one of the few not drowning my sorrows

I'm not...convince me martino.

Now then...sadly I'm bereft of ideas just now to help secure a town victory. Any time I come up with a brainwave someone always finds a flaw in it, no matter how much thought I put into it.

Let's think about what usually happens on day 1...a few folk try to get folk posting then get accused of being dodgy. Some of them usually end up in either a tie-break or come close to getting lynched with only a handful of votes and the goons get a, more or less, free hit. There's usually enough goons around just to put the votes in the right place (from their perspective) to secure a non-goon lynching OR if for example a mason has been active and heading for lynchville a fellow mason has to step in and save him but can't say why for fear of giving away info to the goons and ending up looking dodgy. This is exactly what happened last game when I had to step in and vote kitster to save Martin. That immediately made me look dodgy as no-one else knew Martin was good and both of us copped a fair bit of flak on the next days - me in the form of the junior assassin's bullet angry.gif

This time, the assassin has been definitely put on the town's side so he/she will be one to look after as they're definitely not even semi-bad this game - I usually feel the assassin to be a baddish role as far as the town is concerned as they can be up for trying to win it for themself. Not this time around. So we've really only (hah! only?) got 4 baddies to find.

So...everyone...convince me you're good.

Commander Harris

just in from the post-game pub, surprised we've not had more action but I suppose other folks will have done the same as me.

I'm not...convince me martino.

Nah you don't want to, dealing with a hangover and thinking about a mafia game is a bad mix, so best to keep a clear head :thumbsup:

h5591.jpg

Geoff Kilpatrick

Now then...sadly I'm bereft of ideas just now to help secure a town victory. Any time I come up with a brainwave someone always finds a flaw in it, no matter how much thought I put into it.

Let's think about what usually happens on day 1...a few folk try to get folk posting then get accused of being dodgy. Some of them usually end up in either a tie-break or come close to getting lynched with only a handful of votes and the goons get a, more or less, free hit. There's usually enough goons around just to put the votes in the right place (from their perspective) to secure a non-goon lynching OR if for example a mason has been active and heading for lynchville a fellow mason has to step in and save him but can't say why for fear of giving away info to the goons and ending up looking dodgy. This is exactly what happened last game when I had to step in and vote kitster to save Martin. That immediately made me look dodgy as no-one else knew Martin was good and both of us copped a fair bit of flak on the next days - me in the form of the junior assassin's bullet angry.gif

This time, the assassin has been definitely put on the town's side so he/she will be one to look after as they're definitely not even semi-bad this game - I usually feel the assassin to be a baddish role as far as the town is concerned as they can be up for trying to win it for themself. Not this time around. So we've really only (hah! only?) got 4 baddies to find.

Henry Fonda is on my side! thumbsup.gif

I'm a Hearts fan...... how could I be anything other than good? wink.gif

on a more serious note, are you going to believe anything anyone says? and why should we convince YOU that we are good Mr Iwasagooninthelastgame?

portobellojambo1

Hola!

Just back from seeing my daddy on his way to Tynie, crunch game folks :mellow: Alas I'm babysitting as usual so I'll be around a bit more today.

JR ,my eye is on you as I explained why I would be quiet. Gonna give you the benefit of the doubt for now as I think you may be playing in your usual townie way.

vote PJ1 for the random chat about cold weather in the mornings as it's lovely here!! (no danger I'm up at 7.50am Saturday right enough!

Nothing much else to go on for now.

I posted on here at that time yesterday morning, I'd been on the go since around 06:00 (got a long lie this morning didn't get up until 06:45, all the background housekeeping tasks on the PC have now been run and I can now get down to business).

You are voting for me for telling the truth, the game shouldn't be like that. Fortunately, I'm not a bitter person, more tempted to vote for Bev, for failing to act her age (a woman of that many years shouldn't be out all night).

Anyway, time to see what is available, or required, to eat.

I posted on here at that time yesterday morning, I'd been on the go since around 06:00 (got a long lie this morning didn't get up until 06:45, all the background housekeeping tasks on the PC have now been run and I can now get down to business).

You are voting for me for telling the truth, the game shouldn't be like that. Fortunately, I'm not a bitter person, more tempted to vote for Bev, for failing to act her age (a woman of that many years shouldn't be out all night).

Anyway, time to see what is available, or required, to eat.

I just found it funny.. grumpy middle aged man in 'it's cold at 7.50 am' of course it will be..the lack of cloud coverage in the sky makes it so if it's going to be a good day :thumbsup:

yvonnejambo

Vote count;

PJ1-2

Boof- 2

Deek-2

THAITB-1

Malky-1

Beverley-1

Hound-1

Milky-1

Flux-1

seats-1

Pishy pants-1

Martin-1

Jackregan-1

Still to vote- barney stinson, Jack Regan :rolleyes: , Deek, Beverley & PJ1

Oh and deadline 9pm tonight oh yeah lyncharoonie time :)

I'll agree with seats a little bit Boof, why convince you that we're good?

FWIW my name is Malky McFrench and I'm a townie :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Interesting spread of votes. It suggests to me that the goons have gone scattergun and voted already, rather than waited.

How's about if I rephrase it to convince US you're good - the us being the rest of the town, of course.

I realise my one vote carries as much weight as anyone else's but come deadline time one vote could be all it takes to lynch someone and I wouldn't want to vote for the wrong person (which I usually do when info-less).

It was really just a late-night throwaway line that some folk now seem to be focussing on. To be fair, that's how I usually play the game...pick up on one little thing and niggle away until I find I'm wrong.

So, I won't harbour any grudges for that so no votes for seats and Malky.

However, for the heinous crime of suggesting that I was a goon on the last game (mason, I'll have you know and moderator in the game before that) (and since I've really got nobody else to go for) vote seats

Geoff Kilpatrick

Since I think the goons have gone scattergun, I'm going to unvote Beverley and vote Pat's Pishy Pants since I'm of the opinion that there will be a newbie goon.

Since I think the goons have gone scattergun, I'm going to unvote Beverley and vote Pat's Pishy Pants since I'm of the opinion that there will be a newbie goon.

how can you say that Geoff?

it is random selection

yvonnejambo

How's about if I rephrase it to convince US you're good - the us being the rest of the town, of course.

I realise my one vote carries as much weight as anyone else's but come deadline time one vote could be all it takes to lynch someone and I wouldn't want to vote for the wrong person (which I usually do when info-less).

It was really just a late-night throwaway line that some folk now seem to be focussing on. To be fair, that's how I usually play the game...pick up on one little thing and niggle away until I find I'm wrong.

However, for the heinous crime of suggesting that I was a goon on the last game (mason, I'll have you know and moderator in the game before that) (and since I've really got nobody else to go for) vote seats

Best to unvote Hound first then...:) Who were the goons in the last game? I never really followed it after them killing me the 1st night! :(

yvonnejambo

it is random selection

Yip using the mafia role generator :)

I should hope not, it is just the usual thing an experienced goon would say to try and integrate thereselves in with the town early on seeing as mos people assume goons will hide

I'm not going to vote you as it is usually too easy to get you lynched (I know I've done it before) when you're a good player

yvonnejambo

Scrap that Boof, sorry I just skim read your vote Hound, but it was an example to him! our vote stands and I will redo the vote count.

Hello Hound - welcome to the madhouse. Not too eartly for a pint, is it?

You can vote whenever you want or as often as you want - just remember that you have to do it in bold e.g. Vote Hound and if you change your mind and want to vote for someone else you can Unvote Hound and Vote Someone else.

Yvonne will probably want everybody to have an active vote at deadline time (9pm Sunday) i.e. if you've either not voted or unvoted somebody you'll have to remember to cast a valid vote...and not find the moderator dodgy as somebody did not long ago laugh.gif

It is reasonably straightforward but any questions just fire away, or if you think they're too daft for public viewing, you could aye PM Yvonne.

Hope that helps and hope you enjoy the game...unless you're a goon, of course.

Best to unvote Hound first then...smile.gif Who were the goons in the last game? I never really followed it after them killing me the 1st night! sad.gif

Ahem...wink.gif

Just lemonades for you today...tongue.gif

yvonnejambo

Vote count;

PJ1-2

Boof- 2

Deek-2

seats-2

Pishy pants-2

THAITB-1

Malky-1

Milky-1

Flux-1

Martin-1

Jackregan-1

Still to vote- barney stinson, Jack Regan :rolleyes: , Deek, Beverley & PJ1

Oh and deadline 9pm tonight oh yeah lyncharoonie time :)

Geoff Kilpatrick

it is random selection

I unvoted Bev because she hasn't voted.

And I've just had a notion that most newbies get roled pretty quickly, or it seems like that. In my first game, I was a goon!

I should hope not, it is just the usual thing an experienced goon would say to try and integrate thereselves in with the town early on seeing as mos people assume goons will hide

I'm not going to vote you as it is usually too easy to get you lynched (I know I've done it before) when you're a good player

Woah!!! Backtracking time again...I meant no vote for you just yet. No doubt, as one of the more active players, you'll eventually say something that I'll pick up wrongly and we'll go off into a discussion/debate/argument/fisticuffs and folk will call it a spat and one of us will get lynched and yada yada yada.

My usual trouble with day 1 is that, if folk aren't posting there's usually any number of reasons.

1) They're a goon trying to hide

2) They're a good guy trying to hide

3) They're vanilla and don't feel they can contribute much to the town

Similar reasons can apply for those who are posting a lot.

1) They're a goon trying to ingratiate themselves into the town and appear good

2) They're good-roled and trying to make themselves unlynchable...but possibly alerting goons to their good-roledness

3) They're vanilla but they're trying to get a few words in before their inevitable lynch for being too talkative

4) They're vanilla but hinting at good-roled-ness to try and attract a night-whack from the goons to save the real good folk

Number 4 of the talkative list is my favourite. There is a down side, however, since the genuine good-roled person will immediately begin to find this dodgy and possibly see it as a goonly ruse to get them to break cover. However, if it gets the goons thinking just that wee bit harder then I see it as job done. When I'm in that position I usually see it as a success if the goons waste a night-whack on a vanilla.

Woah!!! Backtracking time again...I meant no vote for you just yet. No doubt, as one of the more active players, you'll eventually say something that I'll pick up wrongly and we'll go off into a discussion/debate/argument/fisticuffs and folk will call it a spat and one of us will get lynched and yada yada yada.

My usual trouble with day 1 is that, if folk aren't posting there's usually any number of reasons.

1) They're a goon trying to hide

2) They're a good guy trying to hide

3) They're vanilla and don't feel they can contribute much to the town

Similar reasons can apply for those who are posting a lot.

1) They're a goon trying to ingratiate themselves into the town and appear good

2) They're good-roled and trying to make themselves unlynchable...but possibly alerting goons to their good-roledness

3) They're vanilla but they're trying to get a few words in before their inevitable lynch for being too talkative

4) They're vanilla but hinting at good-roled-ness to try and attract a night-whack from the goons to save the real good folk

Number 4 of the talkative list is my favourite. There is a down side, however, since the genuine good-roled person will immediately begin to find this dodgy and possibly see it as a goonly ruse to get them to break cover. However, if it gets the goons thinking just that wee bit harder then I see it as job done. When I'm in that position I usually see it as a success if the goons waste a night-whack on a vanilla.

blink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

Please accept my apology, I realise now you were good in the last game Mr Iampedanticandvotingforseatsbecausehemadeagenuinemistakeandgotthelastgamemixedupwiththeonebefore teehee.gif now the decent thing to do would be to unvote me, vote for a goon and then pull me a nice pint of carling extra cold - stick the change in the charity bottle thumbsup.gif

Chris Benoit

If Boof and Malky could stop acting like bitches for 5 mins it would be appreciated my head hurts :angry:

seriously you 2 it's no wonder you guys always get voted off early doors the chance of a goon outing him/herself day 1 is slim to none and all you 2 are doing is making it easier for them to hide.

I realise the above presumes that you 2 are both good but with my poor maths head on there's an 80% chance you are so your getting benefit of the doubt

If Boof and Malky could stop acting like bitches for 5 mins it would be appreciated my head hurts angry.gif

seriously you 2 it's no wonder you guys always get voted off early doors the chance of a goon outing him/herself day 1 is slim to none and all you 2 are doing is making it easier for them to hide.

I realise the above presumes that you 2 are both good but with my poor maths head on there's an 80% chance you are so your getting benefit of the doubt

Goonish post IMO whistling.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

Ooooooo. The twins at each others throats..... Goonish ploy?

Nah, they're worse than Tweedledum and Tweedledee!

Geoff Kilpatrick

Best to unvote Hound first then...smile.gif Who were the goons in the last game? I never really followed it after them killing me the 1st night! sad.gif

My detective work thumbsup.gif outed THAITB. We then eliminated Scotland, Kick-Ass was knocked off by the assassin and flux almost pulled over goon move of the century but the goons didn't have the numbers.

I was worried since I investigated you Night 1 and then you got bumped off!

That was a nuts game!!

Seats (doc) and Geoff (cop) were at each other's throats until Geoff investigated seats :D

Martin (mason) got targetted early so I (mason) had to help get rid of kitster (assassin) to save him. That made me look goonly and kitster's apprentice (Scott P) did for me quite soon after.

Thankfully C Harris kept his masonic head beneath the parapet and survived to the end (I think).

I never twigged that Geoff might've had a free investigate on day 1 and couldn't work out why he kept putting Deek waaaay down dodgy lists as, to my mind, Deek was being quite dodgy :laugh:

Anyway - back to this game...

For now, unvote seats and, just on a wee hunch...a hunchlet, if you will, vote Jack Regan

seeing as Yvonne's not playing, can I ask folk to put up goon lists? Seeing as that is her ploy that I agree with

mine is in no particular order

flux

deek

hound

kitster

thumbsup.gif

Geoff Kilpatrick

seeing as Yvonne's not playing, can I ask folk to put up goon lists? Seeing as that is her ploy that I agree with

mine is in no particular order

flux

deek

hound

kitster

thumbsup.gif

Sean

milky

Newbie (going for Pishy Pants but could be any of them)

And for randomness' sake Barney Stinson

Not a big fan of day 1 goon lists as I sometimes focus too much on who I've picked for them and let the real bad ones escape, but anything to make the goons a little more uncomfortable can't be a bad thing so I'll go for 5,10,15 and 20 from the original list.

I'll be back in a minute to see who that is...

Archived