The Maroonlegions UFO All-in-One Mammoth Thread

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

A couple of news articles below about the new search for possible ET intelligences/life;If detected would they come clean;ML; B)

86 planets to be searched for aliens; :D

quote;

"Astronomers at the University of California, Berkeley are aiming a radio telescope to detect signals of alien life on 86 possible Earth-like planets. The search began on Saturday, May 8, when the Robert C. Byrd Green Bank Telescope - the largest steerable radio telescope in the world ? dedicated an hour to eight stars with possible planets";?If you extrapolate from the Kepler data, there could be 50 billion planets in the galaxy,? he said.;

?It?s really exciting to be able to look at this first batch of Earth-like planets,? he added.

link; http://www.hindustantimes.com/86-planets-to-be-searched-for-aliens/Article1-697391.aspx

****************************************************************************************************************************

US starts project to find alien life;

quote;

"US astronomers said on Friday that the colossal dish will gather 24 hours of data on each of the planets, which have been selected from a list of 1,235 planets identified by NASA's Kepler space telescope, AFP reported".

asohrabi20110514020101327.jpg

link; http://www.presstv.ir/detail/179781.html

'We've picked out the planets with nice temperatures - between 0C and 100C - because they are a lot more likely to harbor life,'' said physicist Dan Werthimer.'But we've never had a list of planets like this before.'' :thumbsup:

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/science/us-astronomers-start-search-for-alien-life-20110514-1en4h.html#ixzz1MKAX0cup

GBT2.jpg

green bank telescope;

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I believe 100% that there is other intelligent life out there. Or was there. Or will be there.

Thing is, Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindboggingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. :teehee:

The planets that we are pointing our telescopes at for an hour or so are so far away that any signal from them would have to have originated many many many years ago, could be thousands or hundreds of thousands of years ago. It could be that there was a population like ours there that beamed information into outerspace but then managed to wipe themselves out, or were wiped out ages ago. Even if they didn't it would take the same amount of time for any reply from ourselves to get there and the same amount again for them to acknowledge it... Talk about a delay on the line!

But.. I'm all for looking and when :thumbsup: we do find signs of life.. It will be the start of a new ear for Humans as we would know that 'we are not alone' .. and it might alter the view of some of the more fanatical religious people. :rolleyes:

maroonlegions

I believe 100% that there is other intelligent life out there. Or was there. Or will be there.

Thing is, Space is big. Really big. You just won't believe how vastly hugely mindboggingly big it is. I mean you may think it's a long way down the road to the chemist, but that's just peanuts to space. :teehee:

The planets that we are pointing our telescopes at for an hour or so are so far away that any signal from them would have to have originated many many many years ago, could be thousands or hundreds of thousands of years ago. It could be that there was a population like ours there that beamed information into outerspace but then managed to wipe themselves out, or were wiped out ages ago. Even if they didn't it would take the same amount of time for any reply from ourselves to get there and the same amount again for them to acknowledge it... Talk about a delay on the line!

But.. I'm all for looking and when :thumbsup: we do find signs of life.. It will be the start of a new ear for Humans as we would know that 'we are not alone' .. and it might alter the view of some of the more fanatical religious people. :rolleyes:

Can see were you are coming from Bigsmak on the time scales involved here in anything being received from any possible intelligences from these "extra-planets" but we must also recognize that they might have much more advanced technological technologies than us;That there will be military and governmental "red tape" in the way from any conformations is highly likely given the enormous impacts that this would have;In the past they have used radio frequencies but now they are developing and concentrating technology in the "microwave window",either type of signal,(leakage or beacon),would be easiest to detect at frequencies where the background radio noise is minimal.One of the quietest regions of the electromagnetic spectrum is the "microwave window" that lies in the frequency band between 1000 and 10,000 megahertz (MHz).

It is reasonable to assume that others wishing to establish interstellar contact by radio might choose this band.Also to add to the recent discoveries of these "extra-planets they have to be compared to the 68 earth-like planets that the "Kepler Space" telescope discovered last February;Quote and link below;Then there is the conclusions based on the data from the "Kepler Space" telescope that has been made by the astrophysicists/astronomers at NASA ect,which has been included in the last paragraph; I think that it has been concluded that roughly one out of every 37 to one out of every 70 sunlike stars in the sky might harbor an alien Earth,by a recently new study of this data; These findings hint that billions of Earthlike planets might exist in our galaxy,that there are about 50 billion other galaxies and we just inhabit one of them is mind boggling in its self;ML; B)

quote;

"Using the prolific planet hunting Kepler spacecraft, astronomers have discovered 1,235 candidate planets orbiting other suns since the Kepler mission's search for Earth-like worlds began in 2009".

link; http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110329.html

quote;

"Scientists at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, Calif., focused on roughly Earth-size planets within the habitable zones of their stars ? that is, orbits where liquid water can exist on the surfaces of those worlds".

quote;

"This means there are a lot of Earth analogs out there ? two billion in the Milky Way galaxy," researcher Joseph Catanzarite, an astronomer at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, told SPACE.com. "With that large a number, there's a good chance life and maybe even intelligent life might exist on some of those planets.And that's just our galaxy alone ? there are 50 billion other galaxies.

link for above quotes; http://www.space.com/11188-alien-earths-planets-sun-stars.html'>http://www.space.com/11188-alien-earths-planets-sun-stars.html

New Estimate for Alien Earths: 2 Billion in Our Galaxy Alone; :D

kepler-planets-illustration.jpg?1296673385

An artist's illustration of the extrasolar planets discovered around the star Kepler 11 by NASA's Kepler Space Telescope.

CREDIT: Nature;

link; http://www.space.com/11188-alien-earths-planets-sun-stars.html

***************************************************************************************************************************

Moving slightly of topic but relevant i think is what other possibilities would other advanced or highly advanced ET intelligences have in their technologies that could send responses in ways we just might be over looking or have failed to understand or grasp;The below discovery is suggesting that the above might very well be the case in SOME responses from any intelligences if they are using non radio frequencies or technologies beyond sciences current understandings or capabilities;Cheers for the input and your time;ML; B):woot:

d8eaa1432f53.jpeg

quote;

"the VLT (Very Large Telescope) in Chile has found that may prove our science based knowledge of laws and physics in the universe is completely and utterly incorrect and the so called experts in these matters may have to issue apologies for trying to ridicule the people who disagreed with them".

Defying Einstein's equivalence principle, which states that the laws of physics are the same everywhere, researchers have found new evidence that supports the idea that we live in an area of the universe that is "just right" for our existence".

Taking data from the Very Large Telescope (VLT) in Chile Webb has observed that alpha varies in space rather than time".

The VLT data suggests that, elsewhere in the universe, the value of alpha is very slightly bigger than on Earth";

Laws of physics are not the same everywhere";

The study will be published in Physical Review Letters. (ANI)

link;http://sify.com/news/laws-of-physics-are-not-the-same-everywhere-news-international-kjjquecfcbi.html

link 2; http://www.swinburne.edu.au/chancellery/mediacentre/media-centre/news/2010/09/physics-laws-vary-throughout-the-universe

maroonlegions

Following on from my last post here is a some of these newly discovered "EXTRA-PLANETS" from Kelper here are the candidates that they will be concentrating on, the ones in the "habitable zones" that could or do contain conditions for life as we currently know it;The following information will be in three parts covering the relevant parts of these new "extra-planets";ML; :geek:

****************************************************************************************************************************

PART ONE;

From zero to 68 earth sized planet candidates to then 54 candidates in the habitable zone that was discovered not that long ago added to the recently new extra-planets discovered is momentous and signs that in the future with new technology its just a matter of time before life, be that intelligent or basic,is discovered;ML;

quote;

"We went from zero to 68 Earth-sized planet candidates and zero to 54 candidates in the habitable zone - a region where liquid water could exist on a planet?s surface. Some candidates could even have moons with liquid water," said William Borucki of NASA?s Ames Research Center, Moffett Field, Calif., and the Kepler Mission?s science principal investigator. "Five of the planetary candidates are both near Earth-size and orbit in the habitable zone of their parent stars."

"Kepler will continue conducting science operations until at least November 2012, searching for planets as small as Earth, including those that orbit stars in a warm habitable zone where liquid water could exist on the surface of the planet. Since transits of planets in the habitable zone of solar-like stars occur about once a year and require three transits for verification, it is expected to take three years to locate and verify Earth-size planets orbiting sun-like stars".

link; http://nextbigfuture.com/2011/02/new-kepler-exoplanet-data.html

kepler+exoplanet+candidates.JPG

keplerexoplanetorbitdays.jpg

keplerfeb2a.jpg

keplerfeb2d.jpg

PART 2;

Here is some good videos and a more in depth look at these discoveries;ML; :geek:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhWReKpM1tg

NASA's Kepler mission has discovered its first Earth-size planet candidates and its first candidates in the habitable zone, a region where liquid...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQhIoDxF2nY

NASA - NASA Finds Earth-Size Planet Candidates In Habitable Zone, Six Planet System www.nasa.gov..

Some resolutions and charts explaining the relations to "extra-planets",their "habitual zones" and sizes to earth ect;ML;

PART 3;

quote;

"NASA press release on the 1202 new Kepler telescope exoplanets. NASA Kepler telescope found 1202 exoplanet candidates in 1/400th of the sky. The numbers extrapolated to some 20,000 habitable-zone planets within 3,000 light-years of Earth".

Exoplanets classified by size which are:

- 68 Earth-size exoplanets with a radius (Rp) of less than 1.25 Earth radius (Re)

- 288 super-Earth size exoplanets with 1.25 x Re < Rp ? 2.0 x Re - 662 Neptune-size exoplanets with 2.0 x Re < Rp ? 6.0 x Re - 165

Jupiter-size exoplanets with 6.0 x Re < Rp ? 15 x Re - 19

very-large-size with 15.0 x Re < Rp ? 22 x Re;

link; http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/kepler/news/kepler_data_release.html

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Just a wee heads up on a new documentary coming soon in June named "BRITAIN'S X-FILES", there have been similar documentary's focusing on weird going ons in our British Isles, as there are a few out there already this up and coming one is new in the sense that it will be covering very interesting UFO cases concerning sightings by Royal Air Force pilots;There is one particular Royal Air Force pilot case that stands out and contains levels of very high strangeness;I will be covering that case in time;ML; :geek:

BRITAIN'S X-FILES;

QUOTE;

"The amazing true stories of Britain's X-Files are uncovered for the first time. In 1950, a spate of UFO (unidentified flying object,)sightings by Royal Air Force pilots inspired the British Government to set up the top-secret Flying Saucer Working Party. In 1952, UFOs reappeared over southern England and, sensationally, over the White House in Washington. As panic escalated, Winston Churchill demanded to know what was going on and the Ministry of Defence set up a permanent UFO Investigation Unit. We now know that over the next 50 years, the government unit secretly investigated and dismissed hundreds of UFO sightings. Why did it take so many years for the Government to admit its activities? This film travels back in time to examine the political climate in the early 1950s".

LINK SOURCE; http://www.klru.org/schedule/ViewProgram.php?VsnID=235861

Support programs like this;http://www.klru.org/support/

Showtimes:

Date; Time; Channel;

Wednesday June 22nd 2011 9:00 PM KLRU / 18-1

Thursday June 23rd 2011 4:00 AM KLRU / 18-1

Friday June 24th 2011 3:00 AM KLRU / 18-1

Friday June 24th 2011 9:45 PM KLRU Q / 18-3

Saturday June 25th 2011 1:45 AM KLRU Q / 18-3

Sunday June 26th 2011 3:00 PM KLRU Q / 18-3

Tuesday June 28th 2011 4:00 AM KLRU Q / 18-3

Length: 00:49:15:00;

Rating:TV-RE;

Back to TV Schedule; http://www.klru.org/schedule/index.php

maroonlegions

Here is the UFO case i mentioned about a RAF pilots encounter with a highly unusual object; Experienced Air Commodore Michael Swiney O.B.E. (RAF Retired), described this encounter as unexplainable and to this day he is adamant that this object was no flight of fancy or imagination;He was so taken aback by this episode that he said the following below;This case remains to this day as a case of high strangeness and one that was witnessed by an experienced military air force pilot, these kind of cases and the credibility of the witnesses that they contain makes it so much worthwhile when cases of this nature are dug up;ML; B)

quote;

??At the time immediately I didn?t feel frightened. I did subsequently feel that we were looking at something that really we shouldn?t be seeing. And I remember being told on landing that I looked fairly shaken, almost as if I had seen a ghost?.?

Air Commodore Michael Swiney O.B.E. (RAF Retired);

LINK; http://drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-files/operation-mainbrace-ufos/'>http://drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-files/operation-mainbrace-ufos/

Below is a snippet from the article covered by Dr David Clark who since 2008 has been working with The National Archives (TNA) as their consultant for the ongoing release of the UFO files created by Britain's Ministry of Defence. His book, The UFO Files, was published by TNA in September 2009.ML; :geek:

The Little Rissington UFO Incident;

Photo of Air Commodore Mick Swiney right in officer's mess, 1950s.

swiney.jpg?w=300&h=203

QUOTE;

"October 2002 marked the 50th anniversary of what we believe to be the most impressive UFO incident ever reported to the Ministry of Defence.The sighting involved two highly experienced military pilots whose visual report was backed up by two independent radar plots.Yet details of their amazing story have remained an official secret for half a century ? ;) until the key witnesses agreed to be interviewed during the research for our book Out of the Shadows and the BBC Radio 4 production ?Britain?s Secret X-Files? broadcast in April 2002.Since that time further evidence has come to light which underlines our contention that this case constitutes the best evidence for unidentified flying objects as a real defence threat".

"For the first time, the full story of the Little Rissington incident can now be told".

Here are a few news paper headlines from the media of that time that reported this case;ML;

topcliffe2.jpg?w=300&h=213

topcliffe1.jpg?w=213&h=300

Here below is confirmation of these objects in a G.C.I. report;ML;

?(SAUCERS!) 3 ?Flying Saucers? sighted at height. Confirmed by G.C.I.

swineylogbook.jpg?w=300&h=211

These are the finale words from Air Commodore Michael Swiney O.B.E. (RAF Retired)on the UFO experience which made such a lasting impression on his life:

?I am completely open-minded.I don?t think there are little green men who are going to suddenly land and get out of peculiar-looking craft.But what I do know is that both David Crofts and I saw something, the like of which we had never seen before, and I have never seen since. I cannot explain it. But all I do know is that I did see, as did he, something which was most unusual.?

Further reading:

David Clarke and Andy Roberts, Out of the Shadows: UFOs, the Establishment and the Official Cover-up (London: Piatkus, 2002).

Sir Peter Horsley, Sounds from Another Room (London: Leo Cooper, 1997)

Robin Cole, GCHQ and the UFO Cover-up (Cheltenham: Privately published, 1997)

link source for above quotes and pictures; http://drdavidclarke.co.uk/secret-files/operation-mainbrace-ufos/

maroonlegions

Below is information concerning the The Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi),its aims and goals for a long term Scientific, Congressional Interest and Action and above all a fairer and Serious Media Coverage;This organisation is fighting hard for serious sceintfic study of the UFO phenomena;

Also included is the conclusions of a NASA law suit Concerning the Kecksburg, PA UFO case of 1965 done by a one Leslie Kean a serious and credible UFO investigator and historian who had the backing of John Podesta the former and fourth and final White House Chief of Staff under President Bill Clinton, from 1998 until 2001.ML; B)

John Podesta is the president of the Center for American Progress,a liberal think tank in Washington, D.C., and is also a Visiting Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law Center.Podesta was a co-chairman of the Obama-Biden Transition Project;

LINK FOR John Podesta; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta

John+Podesta+Obama.jpg

John Podesta pictured with Obama;

The first part will be a snippet from the The Coalition for Freedom of Information (CFi),followed by some snippets concerning the THE CONCLUSION OF THE NASA LAWSUIT Concerning the Kecksburg, PA UFO case of 1965;Links will be provided at the end of this post;ML; B)

rolo_home.jpg

Below are the goals and aims of the "Coalition for Freedom of Information", this is a long term engagement and is fighting hard for a more serious and credible scientific study and investigation into the UFO phenomena and fairer media coverage and investigation into the UFO phenomena;Their web site is well worth a butchers , because it covers a lot that the media do not or ignore;ML; B)

Goals;

The Coalition for Freedom of Information will promote:

Scientific Credibility;

For far too long, the scientific community has stigmatized and discouraged research into the question of unexplained aerial phenomena. CFi supports efforts to promote discussions within the scientific community on the issues of interstellar travel and anomalous flying objects. CFi hopes to foster a more open and rational environment in which scientific research into these phenomena can be conducted and published in professional journals without censure or other negative repercussions.

Congressional Interest and Action;

CFi is working to urge Members of Congress and policy makers to support a serious, independent scientific research effort and to seek release of still-secret government documents.

Serious Media Coverage;

National media coverage of unexplained aerial phenomenon has been sporadic and sometimes tongue-in-cheek. Too often, the general public is not presented with the facts in an objective and authoritative way. CFi will encourage the media to seek out respected scientists and other authorities on the subject, to review the historical record, and to cover events of significance related to the phenomena.

Case Investigations and Freedom of Information Requests;

CFi will undertake investigations into specific cases that involve the release of information to the public through the Freedom of Information Act, locating military, government, and other witnesses, and searching archives for documentation and evidence. We will engage legal and research assistance from professional firms and private investigators to achieve breakthroughs in unsolved cases and the release of government documents, photographs and physical evidence.

Below is a snippet from the pdf of Leslie Kean's conclusions on the law suit of a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) initiative sponsored by SCI FI Channel, which attempted to acquire government documents on the Kecksburg case from NASA;This was a long fight that Keen engaged in but the conclusions of it are a bit of an eye opener;ML; B)

THE CONCLUSION OF THE NASA LAWSUIT Concerning the Kecksburg, PA UFO case of 1965;

SNIPPET OF UFO CASE;Concerning the Kecksburg, PA UFO case of 1965;

INTRODUCTION;

"On December 9, 1965, an object landed near the small town of Kecksburg, PA. Moments earlier, a fireball was observed in the sky across several U.S. states and Canada.Four witnesses provided independent, corroborated descriptions of the object and its location in the Kecksburg woods. Dozens of others ? including fire fighters, newspaper reporters, and a radio news director at WHJB (who was on the scene taping interviews) ? describe the large

military presence at the crash site and the cordoning off of the area".

"Some observed the retrieval of an object that was transported by an army truck. Many witnesses signed statements for investigator Stan Gordon of Greensburg, PA, who has been working on the case since it began".

LINK; http://www.freedomofinfo.org/foi/NASA_lawsuit_conclusion.pdf'>http://www.freedomofinfo.org/foi/NASA_lawsuit_conclusion.pdf'>http://www.freedomofinfo.org/foi/NASA_lawsuit_conclusion.pdf

SNIPPET FROM KEEN ON HER FIRST INVOLVEMENT ON THIS CASE;

QUOTE;

"In 2002, I was asked to spearhead a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) initiative sponsored by SCI FI Channel, which attempted to acquire government documents on the Kecksburg case. The next year, I ended up as the plaintiff in a federal, FOIA lawsuit filed against NASA in Washington, DC. After previously promising to conduct an expedited search for files related to the 1965 Kecksburg UFO crash case, NASA had stonewalled and was withholding documents, leaving no recourse but this one. A settlement four years later, in October, 2007, required NASA to provide hundreds of new documents and pay my attorney?s legal fees. NASA?s resulting search, monitored by the court, was completed in August, 2009".

LINK; http://www.freedomofinfo.org/foi/NASA_lawsuit_conclusion.pdf

slide-edited.jpg

for further study ect view link below for direct PDF format of the "THE CONCLUSION OF THE NASA LAWSUIT"; Concerning the Kecksburg, PA UFO case of 1965;

http://www.freedomofinfo.org/foi/NASA_lawsuit_conclusion.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Here are a couple of vids exposing the majesty and awestruck panoramic views of our part of the universe captured by the VLT or very large telescope;the VLT (Very Large Telescope)is based in Chile;ML B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFpeM3fxJoQ

Timelapse Footage Credits: ALL IMAGES: (eso.org) taken on location by Stephane Guisard and Jose Francisco Salgado. ESO/S. Guisard (www.eso.org ESO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNwPXDiooqs

VLT OR VERY LARGE TELESCOPE PROJECT WHICH I MIXED TO SEEFEEL'S "STARING AT STARS TOGETHER IN A FIELD AT NIGHT."

Below the Orion Nebula captured by the VLT;

SGU-M42-log-ps-S.jpg

M42,Orion Nebula taken with Takahashi FSQ refractor (diam 106mm f/5) and Canon20Da camera;

Link for more images of the night sky from the VLT;

http://www.astrosurf.com/sguisard/

maroonlegions

Here is a image of Jupiter's moon Io captured by NASAs robotic Galileo spacecraft that orbited Jupiter from 1995 to 2003;ML; B)

Prometheus Plumep;

Credit: Galileo Project, JPL, NASA Explanation:

Quote;

"What's happening on Jupiter's moon Io? Two sulfurous eruptions are visible on Jupiter's volcanic moon Io in this color composite image from the robotic Galileo spacecraft that orbited Jupiter from 1995 to 2003. At the image top, over Io's limb, a bluish plume rises about 140 kilometers above the surface of a volcanic caldera known as Pillan Patera. In the image middle, near the night/day shadow line, the ring shaped Prometheus plume is seen rising about 75 kilometers above Io while casting a shadow below the volcanic vent. Named for the Greek god who gave mortals fire, the Prometheus plume is visible in every image ever made of the region dating back to the Voyager flybys of 1979 - presenting the possibility that this plume has been continuously active for at least 18 years. The above digitally sharpened image of Io was originally recorded in 1997 from a distance of about 600,000 kilometers. Recent analyses of Galileo data has uncovered evidence of a magma ocean beneath Io's surface".

http://solarsystem.nasa.gov/galileo/

Recent analyses of Galileo data has uncovered evidence of a magma ocean beneath Io's surface".see below link;

http://www.sciencemag.org/content/early/2011/05/11/science.1201425

ioprometheus_galileo_900.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Argentinean Air Force launches new UFO commission;

Seems that the Argentinean Air Force ,(AAF), was indeed serious about setting up a UFO Commission as they launched officially their Commission for the Investigation of Aerospace Phenomena (Spanish acronym CIFA) at a ceremony last Thursday May 26 at the Condor Building in Buenos Aires, the AAF Headquarters where the Commission will operate;Good news, hopefully some more country's military intelligence's will follow suit;What is really interesting here is that the Argentinean Air Force intelligence's reached out to several civilian UFO groups and researchers to act as outside members and advisors of the Commission or that the (AAF) are openly working and sharing resources and information with new and old UFO reports and cases;ML; B)

QUOTE;

"last December we reported that the Argentinean Air Force (AAF) was in the process of setting up a UFO Commission, which triggered a lot of excitement in Argentina?s ufological community and media".

"True to their word, the AAF launched officially their Commission for the Investigation of Aerospace Phenomena (Spanish acronym CIFA) at a ceremony last Thursday May 26 at the Condor Building in Buenos Aires, the AAF Headquarters where the Commission will operate;"

"in a letter to President Cristina Fern?ndez several months ago, the declassification of military UFO documents" ?

The Condor Building in Buenos Aires, the AAF,( Argentinean Air Force),Headquarters where the Commission will operate;

Edificio_Condor.jpg

Captain Mariano Mohaupt, press spokesman of the Argentinean Air Force, who presided at CIFA?s launching ceremony.

Capt-Mohaupt.jpg

LINK; http://www.openminds.tv/argentinean-air-force-ufo-commission-709/'>http://www.openminds.tv/argentinean-air-force-ufo-commission-709/

Here is just one of the hundreds of UFO cases that the Argentinean Air Force and civilian UFO groups and researchers will be investigating ,the UFO encounter that was seen at the "maneuvers of the IV Aerial Brigade in Mendoza".ML; B)

Mirage-fighter-UFO.jpg

"The picture shows a luminous unidentified object underneath and to the right of a Mirage M3 fighter. According to Visi?n Ovni, ?the event occurred on November 18, 2005 and was seen by several witnesses, whom will be interviewed to obtain more data as to what happened. An attempt will be made to determine if the small white dot close to the aircraft is an unidentified flying object or has some atmospheric explanation.?

LINK; http://www.openminds.tv/argentinean-air-force-ufo-commission-709/

maroonlegions

Just a wee heads up on the UFO Files documentary that SKY will be showing on their Syfy channel tonight at 8pm;Think this might be a series or on a Thursday for a couple of weeks;ML; B)

******************************************************************************************************************************

The UFO Files;

8pm on Syfy;

Also on Syfy HD;

60 mins.

Examining stories of extraterrestrial life from around the world, from abduction reports to bizarre events. :D (S1 Ep4)

LINK; http://tv.sky.com/tvlistings

maroonlegions

UFO? Not Sure Then Double Check Here;

Here is a list of organisations and links to "check able data" when, if ,where and why you ever see something you perceive to be unexplained or just too weird to explain up in the skies;You can check all these sites as a "cross reference" to see if what you saw is explainable under any of the given possibilities in the links below;Hopefully if any member does come across something they genially perceive to be very odd the below links to possible explanations will help;ML; B)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

1;Satellites/ISS;

Heaven's Above;

http://www.heavens-above.com/

NASA - Human Space Flight;

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/realdata/sightings/

Orbitron - Satellite Tracking System;

http://www.stoff.pl/

2:Stars,planets;

Stellarium;

http://www.stellarium.org/

American Meteor Soceity;

http://www.amsmeteors.org/fireball2/public.php

3;Aircraft;

Aircraft Light Identification;

http://www.aerospaceweb.org/question/electronics/q0263.shtml

Aircraft Light Identification - 2;

http://www.ultraligero.net/Sitios/Planos/Documentos/Estrobos/requirementos.pdf

Article on Helicopter Lights - they vary;

http://www.caelestia.be/helicopters.html

Flightware - Live Flight Tracking;

http://flightaware.com/live/

Launch Schedule;International Launch Schedules;

http://www.satelliteonthenet.co.uk/index.php/launch-schedule

4;More identification to check;

Sensory Illusions in Aviation;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sensory_illusions_in_aviation

Yehudi lights;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yehudi_lights

Sky Lanterns;

http://www.iop.org/EJ/abstract/0031-9120/39/5/F03

Weather balloons and radiosondes (good example);

http://www.helium.com/items/1512013-how-does-a-weather-balloon-work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiosonde

5;Compound observations;

http://forgetomori.com/2008/ufos/extraordinary-explanations/

Atmospheric phenoemna:

Lenticular clouds;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lenticular_cloud

Sun dogs;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sun_dog

Ball lightning;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning

Earthquake lights;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Earthquake_light

TLEs;

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transient_luminous_event

Mirages; :D

http://english.cri.cn/811/2006/05/07/[email protected]

Natural smoke rings;

http://www.swisseduc.ch/stromboli/etna/etna00/etna0002photovideo-en.html

Identified Flying Objects;

http://www.laesieworks.com/ifo/

Faking UFO Photos for the Twenty-First Century; :down:

http://www.csicop.org/si/show/faking_ufo_photos_for_the_twenty-first_century/

Here are a couple of vids exposing the majesty and awestruck panoramic views of our part of the universe captured by the VLT or very large telescope;the VLT (Very Large Telescope)is based in Chile;ML B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFpeM3fxJoQ

Timelapse Footage Credits: ALL IMAGES: (eso.org) taken on location by Stephane Guisard and Jose Francisco Salgado. ESO/S. Guisard (www.eso.org ESO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNwPXDiooqs

VLT OR VERY LARGE TELESCOPE PROJECT WHICH I MIXED TO SEEFEEL'S "STARING AT STARS TOGETHER IN A FIELD AT NIGHT."

Below the Orion Nebula captured by the VLT;

SGU-M42-log-ps-S.jpg

M42,Orion Nebula taken with Takahashi FSQ refractor (diam 106mm f/5) and Canon20Da camera;

Link for more images of the night sky from the VLT;

http://www.astrosurf.com/sguisard/

Amazing

• 1 month later...
maroonlegions

Seems like NASAs space craft the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) ,have revealed possible flowing water on the surface of Mars;Still some more data needed to be 100% certain but its looking like a real possibility or the one possibility just now that fits the jicksaw puzzle of this latest finding by the Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO);ML;geek.gif++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ quote;NASA Spacecraft Data Suggest Water Flowing On Mars WASHINGTON -- Observations from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter (MRO) have revealed possible flowing water during the warmest months on Mars.

"NASA's Mars Exploration Program keeps bringing us closer to determining whether the Red Planet could harbor life in some form," NASA Administrator Charles Bolden said, "and it reaffirms Mars as an important future destination for human exploration."

"Dark, finger-like features appear and extend down some Martian slopes during late spring through summer, fade in winter, and return during the next spring. Repeated observations have tracked the seasonal changes in these recurring features on several steep slopes in the middle latitudes of Mars' southern hemisphere".

quote;

" "explanation for these observations so far is the flow of briny water," said Alfred McEwen of the University of Arizona, Tucson. McEwen is the principal investigator for the orbiter's High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment (HiRISE) and lead author of a report about the recurring flows published in Thursday's edition of the journal Science".

quote;

"if Mars can support life , if we find life on Mars then thats two planets within close proximity that support life , greatly increasing the probability that life is widespread throughout the Galaxy .

Liquid water on or near the surface of Mars takes us one step closer , add that to the mystery methane deposits in the Martian atmosphere and the arrows are pointing in the right direction" .

link source

http://www.nasa.gov/...satv/index.html

maroonlegions

Very interesting article below concerning a group of cosmologists based at University College London (UCL), Imperial College London and the Perimeter Institute for Theoretical Physics that are going to tackled the possibility,universe of the bubble problem.ML;

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

QUOTE;

t would be a pretty amazing thing to show that we have actually made physical contact in another universe?

George EfstathiouUniversity of Cambridge

quote;

*The theory that our universe is contained inside a bubble, and that multiple alternative universes exist inside their own bubbles ? making up the 'multiverse' ? is, for the first time, being tested by physicists*.

Two research papers published in Physical Review Letters and Physical Review D are the first to detail how to search for signatures of other universes. Physicists are now searching for disk-like patterns in the cosmic microwave background (CMB) radiation - relic heat radiation left over from the Big Bang ? which could provide tell-tale evidence of collisions between other universes and our own.

Many modern theories of fundamental physics predict that our universe is contained inside a bubble. In addition to our bubble, this `multiverse' will contain others, each of which can be thought of as containing a universe. In the other 'pocket universes' the fundamental constants, and even the basic laws of nature, might be different.geek.gif

LINK;http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-08-multiverse.html

**************************************************************************************************************************************************

Also covered by the BBC judging by the following below;ML;geek.gif

_54378392_bubble.jpg

The team has located possible "bubble universe" evidence in WMAP data

Multiverse' theory suggested by microwave background

The idea that other universes - as well as our own - lie within "bubbles" of space and time has received a boost.

Studies of the low-temperature glow left from the Big Bang suggest that several of these "bubble universes" may have left marks on our own.

This "multiverse" idea is popular in modern physics, but experimental tests have been hard to come by.

The preliminary work, to be published in Physical Review D, will be firmed up using data from the Planck telescope.

link for physical review D; http://prd.aps.org/a...911a2083788d205

link;http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-14372387

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

right I'm getting totally lost in this thread.

I'm right into the Ancient Aliens series. Giorgio Tsoukalos is a total legend.

I've been listening to a whole host of folk. Some lunatics for entertainment value and some more savvy folk that make alot of sense.

Any lectures I should look up? (handy for the MP3 player)

Good quality video/documentaries preferred but seminars/lectures I can listen to while doing other stuff is always good.

recommendations? where should i start?

Nicholas Brody

I've been listening to a whole host of folk. Some lunatics for entertainment value and some more savvy folk that make alot of sense.

Good quality video/documentaries preferred but seminars/lectures I can listen to while doing other stuff is always good.

107p73b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I would recommend the book below and also listening to a few of Leslie Keans interviews;

I have included a couple of here interviews;i will post some documentaries ect later;ML;cool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KMaQg9CMJns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jh0ByBkhEtQ

QUOTE; BOOK DESCRIPTION;

"They are coming forward now because of Leslie Kean, an investigative reporter who has spent the last ten years studying the still unexplained UFO phenomenon. Kean reviewed hundreds of government documents, aviation reports, radar data, and case studies with corroborating physical evidence. She carefully examined scientifically analyzed photographs and interviewed dozens of high-level officials and aviation witnesses from around the world. With the support of former White House chief of staff John Podesta, Kean draws on her research to separate fact from fiction and to lift the veil on decades of U.S. government misinformation. Throughout, she presents irrefutable evidence that unknown flying objects?metallic, luminous, and seemingly able to maneuver in ways that defy the laws of physics?actually exist".

LINK;http://www.amazon.co.uk/UFOs-Generals-Pilots-Government-Officials/dp/0307716848

9780307716842.jpg

North Berwick Jambo

One of the other guys who appears in the Ancient Aliens series & many others lives just down the road from me, his name is Philip Coppens.

Not so long ago NASA announced to the world that life based compounds were found living and surviving in arsenic paving the way for possible other forms of life existing in very harsh conditions or life exsiting beyond the requirements of what science currently accepts or knows;Now we have a group of Scottish researchers at Glasgow University who have successfully created some cell like bubbles out of METALLIC elements like TUNGSTEN bonded with OXYGEN and PHOSPHORUS;Could there be similar possible life out there of a much more advanced state of evolution , beyond present scientific understandings;ML;cool.gif

quote;

"Could a form of metallic life may have evolved on a remote Milky Way exo-planet similar to the way organic life evolved on Earth? A Scottish research group is out to prove this is possible by creating reproducing and evolving synthetic cells made entirely out of metal.

A team from the University of Glasgow has created some cell-like bubbles call iCHELLs out of metallic elements like tungsten bonded with oxygen and phosphorus. These bubbles can self-assemble, and they exhibit many of the same properties that allow biological cells to do what they do, including an internal structure and a selectively porous outer membrane that can let other molecules pass through. It may even be possible to set the metallic cells up to perform photosynthesis".

interehjrling.png

links; http://www.dailygala...e-universe.html

http://www.gla.ac.uk/

http://www.afcea.org...leid=76&zoneid=

4_1_72.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyenRCJ_4Ww

kirk.png

Michio Kaku --"Are Humans Oblivious to the Technology of Advanced Alien Civilizations?" ?

• 1 month later...
North Berwick Jambo

Far too many weird video's appearing on youtube over the past few months & i would love to know what ML has to say about these lol!

We have had the Hawaiian Bubble

• 2 months later...
maroonlegions

And what the **** is "Earth Groaning"?

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

Were doomed lol :thumbsup:

laugh.gif

Well those of a religious persuasion will think of the passages in the bible that comment of great sounds,(trumpets), in the sky that signal a coming of change ect but those of a scientific persuasion will look at a more deeper scientific explanation like the video below covers;ML;cool.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMT3kN4rNSs

maroonlegions

Here is a very good video touching slightly on the belief of a one Dr James E.MacDonald that science was in default for a lack of scientific investigation's into the UFO situation;Also included is Dr James MacDonald's paper on the talk he gave to a scientific gathering;Science in default was a lecture delivered by university of Arizona atmospheric physicist MacDonald during a symposium of the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 1969 .A transcript of MacDonald's remarks can be read at the link below;MLgeek.gif

link; Science in default;twenty-two years of inadequate UFO investigation's.

http://www.narcap.or...ceindefault.pdf

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLy-xry_vYE

maroonlegions

Following on from my last post on the Dr James MacDonald's views of a lack of scientific investigation in to the UFO situation here is included a bit of his quote he gave to the united nations;ML;

Statement on International Scientific Aspects of the Problem of the Unidentified Flying Objects, submitted on June 7, 1967 to the Outer Space Affairs Group, United Nations Organization :

QUOTE;

Regardless of what ultimate explanation is found for the UFO phenomena, the present scientific neglect and ridicule must be replaced by scientific concern and intensive study. My recommendation to the Outer Space Affairs Group is that it seek all possible means of securing worldwide attention to this problem. The first need is for erasing the ridicule that is quite clearly suppressing open reporting of sightings of unconventional objects in the air and on the ground. ... Secondly, the existence of an already-available sensing system in the form of radar facilities must be recognized as exceedingly fortunate. At present, most radar sightings of UFOs are not getting into scientific hands, largely because most radar equipment is operated by military groups who, in almost all countries of the world, tend to ignore inexplicable high-speed radar target reports or else to withhold them from scientific attention.

http://www.ufoevidence.org/documents/doc758.htm

ML, I'm interested to know what you (and others like you) believe are the reasons for alien crafts coming into Earth's orbit. Presumably an advanced alien life capable of distant space travel would have a reason for visiting our planet other than to freak out people with cameras, so what do you believe these UFOs (that may or may not be aliens, depending on your view) are here for?

I've always liked UFO stories as a skeptic, but I've never understood what people who do believe think they're here to do if they are right.

maroonlegions

Looks like Dr James MacDonald was getting in a few faces of the US Navy , as his letter to them shows he was requiring more information from the US Navy on their brief UFO investigation's.This US Navy investigation came about after UFOs where sighted by the pilots of the planes carrying the secretary of the Navy and the chief of Naval operations;ML;geek.gif

quote;

"After UFOs were sighted by the pilots of planes carrying the Secretary of the Navy and the Chief of Naval Operations, the Navy instituted a short-lived UFO investigation project in the Office of Naval Research. After complaints from the Air Force about intrusion into USAF areas of interest, the project was closed. An outbriefing on the project was held, but details are unobtainable. A number of Freedom of Information requests to various Naval agencies have met with the same answer; no records exist.whistling.gif

A letter from Dr. James McDonald's files illustrates his attempts to find out more information on the 1952 Navy UFO project:"

LINK; http://www.project19...m/fig/1952b.htm

Below is a part of MacDonald's letter to the Office of Naval Research

quote;

Dear Mr. Thomas: During the past few years, I have been examining a number of facets of the still unsettled problem of the Unidentified Flying Objects. During a recent visit to Washington, I was discussing a number of aspects of the problem with Arthur C. Lundahl, who was affiliated with the Navy Photographic Interpretation Center in the early 1950s and has followed the UFO problem with some interest ever since. When I mentioned to him that I was most interested in trying to run down some more facts conerning a sighting that I had heard of from Adm. Delmer C. Fahrney, which involved Secretary of the Navy Kimball and Admiral Radford,

link; http://www.project19...m/fig/1952b.htm

maroonlegions

ML, I'm interested to know what you (and others like you) believe are the reasons for alien crafts coming into Earth's orbit. Presumably an advanced alien life capable of distant space travel would have a reason for visiting our planet other than to freak out people with cameras, so what do you believe these UFOs (that may or may not be aliens, depending on your view) are here for?

I've always liked UFO stories as a skeptic, but I've never understood what people who do believe think they're here to do if they are right.

Hi P-Dizzle, yes good question and one i often go over my self.I was sceptical many years ago when i first stated scratching at the surface of this enigma but the more i ventured down the rabbit hole i started to come across various credible sources that seemed to indicate that SOME UFO reports contained very high levels of strangeness or put it another way these reports contained various incidents that where not truly understood by science at that time. Credible and scientific sources like the atmospheric physicist Dr James E. MacDonald investigation's and conclusions from the UFO reports he studied ,(he was privy to hundreds of classified and declassified USAF UFO reports ect)., suddenly change the game and he opened up a whole new scientific perception to the possible origins of SOME of the UFOs;In short i believe that SOME of these objects could very well be hear for the simple task of observation , probes sent to investigate but not to interfere in a plants evolution;

They could just be that advanced that they view us as we view ants on the ground, just simple curiosity or observation;Of course there could be more than one intelligence involved here ,more than one race,so there could be a number of reasons as to why there has been no real attempt at contact;My view is that of observation and curiosity with a no interference policy possibly until the time is right or when we are all ready on a number of mental, social and spiritual ,(religious),levels;The Vatican has already admitted that they have a keen interest in any possible ET contact now or in the future and even have their own astronomers;Hope that helped you understand where i personally stand on this subject, cheers for the feed back;ML;cool.gif

There are a few theories. One of the most common would be that we are being studied, like how humans might study inferior life forms through a microscope.

What do you think human civilisations migbt be capable of in 10,000 years time? One of the more interesting theories is that because it takes so long to travel between galaxies, you have to travel through time. Maybe they are future human life forms capable of such things.

All I know for sure is they possess some pretty spectacular technology that would blow your mind if you saw it.

maroonlegions

This post will concentrate on a sort of educational intent ,( for those that are interested that is), on the US Naval Intelligences involvement and reactions to the UFO situation of that time, this set a sort of primary example of how a military organisation reacts,responds and perceives a enigma that it is not in full control of or understands with its current scientific understanding;This deals with the relationship between the then CIA director Rooscoe Hillenkoetter and NICAP a UFO investigation organisation , the then chief of the CIA a one Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter was to later come out with a statement that reflected his relationship with NICAP that changed the official view regarding intrusions into restricted air space by unknown objects,(UFOs), his statement changed the perception of the UFO mystery seen and perceived by the CIA and the USA military.

I have included link/s for anyone interested to read a wee bit more up on this largely forgotten but important historical significance regarding how seriously behind the scenes the military intelligences , CIA ect regarded the UFO situation at that time;Through the release of hundreds of declassified UFO documents through the freedom of information acts,(FOIA),a lot is known of the CIA,FBI and the United States Air Force or USAF for short involvement or interest in the UFO situation that the media at the time where unaware of through the classification or national security acts preventing any sensitive or real information regarding those UFO cases that contained levels of very high strangeness or where not so easy to be food for ridiculed or where just too weird to explain.I have also included Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter statement he gave on the UFO situation based on his involvements with his time as head of the CIA and his time he spent with the UFO investigation origination NICAP.ML. cool.gif

UFOs & The Enigma of the United States Navy

us-navy.gif

QUOTE;

"We know a great deal about the USAF's involvement in UFOs. We know a fair amount about the CIA's and the FBI's. There is not much indication that the Army had a lot to do with them, but there are many hints that the Navy had interests. But it is the Navy which stands as the one service or agency which we know had interest and yet remains almost completely silent [i.e. uncooperative to FOIAs] as to their history. That gap in our knowledge won't be filled by this post, but a small bit of information is available,

26.gif

The fellows pictured here are General Walter B. Smith

and Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter

. It is a picture to symbolize the handing off of the leadership of the CIA from the Admiral to the General. Hillenkoetter had been chief during an interesting time, vis-a-vis UFOs.

LINK; http://thebiggeststudy.blogspot.com/2010/04/ufos-enigma-of-united-states-navy.html

Also i would recommend the book by Timothy Good shown below, he deals with the topic of this post in a more deeper and informative way in chapter nine of his book below;

489484338549.jpg

More related links/pdf formate below;

Directorate of Intelligence and Office of Naval Intelligence pdf files, Top secret evaluation of flying object incidents 1947;

link; http://www.nicap.org/docs/airintelrpt100-203-79.pdf

Below is a copy of a letter sent to the then director of the CIA Hillenkoetter from the Office of Naval Research regarding a object over White Sands Proving Ground base.

title.jpg

051c1a31f26c.gif

link for above CIA Document;

http://www.nicap.org/sands490424dir.htm

Translation of above document below as follows.

To: The Chief of Naval Operations

Attn: Office of Naval Intelligence

Via: The Chief of Naval Research

Subj: Sighting of Unidentified Object -- Report of

Encl: (A) Statement of C.B. Moore, General Mills

Aeronautical Research, Minneapolis

1. Encl (A) is a statement submitted to this activity by Mr. C. B. Moore (General Mills Aeronautical Research) who sighted and tracked an unidentified object on 24 April 1949 while engaged on Special Devices Center Project P-U-J-1 in the vicinity of White Sands Proving Ground.

2. Mr. Moore's statement is forwarded as significant because of the detailed theodolite tracking data it contains and because the object's variation of azimuth and elevation might indicate some degree of controlled flight.

3. The observer is known to the Special Device Center as a graduate mechanical engineer with an Air Force Reserve captaincy in meteorology. Mr. Moore, prior to his employment by General Mills, headed the New York University constant level balloon research program for the Air Force [i.e., Mogul], and can be considered to be a competent, mature, and highly experienced observer.

R. Ruhsenberger

cc:

(with encl)

Director

Central Intelligence Agency

<br class="Apple-interchange-newline">

maroonlegions

Following on from my last post i forgot to add former CIA directer Hillenkeotter quote he gave to the USA congress , here it is below.ML;woot.gif

quote;

"It is time for the truth to be brought out... Behind the scenes high-ranking Air Force officers are soberly concerned about the UFOs. But through official secrecy and ridicule, many citizens are led to believe the unknown flying objects are nonsense.... I urge immediate Congressional action to reduce the dangers from secrecy about unidentified flying objects."

-Former CIA Director Vice Admiral Roscoe Hillenkoetter, signed statement to Congress, August 22, 1960

dry.gif

There are a few theories. One of the most common would be that we are being studied, like how humans might study inferior life forms through a microscope.

What do you think human civilisations migbt be capable of in 10,000 years time? One of the more interesting theories is that because it takes so long to travel between galaxies, you have to travel through time. Maybe they are future human life forms capable of such things.

All I know for sure is they possess some pretty spectacular technology that would blow your mind if you saw it.

I'm not sure there will be one. :lol:

maroonlegions

Lets look in more detail at the White Sands UFO encounter of April 1952 i the USA,this object was tracked by radar and was subject to a investigation by the US military.There was one thing that this case had and that the witness to this object was the commanding officer of the base, commanding officer Robert B. McLaughlin.Again like my previous post i will include appropriate links and snippets from those related links;This case is one of the high levels of strangeness UFO cases that come with a credible and experienced witness.The flight characteristics of this object do suggest and appear to indicate flight manoeuvres unprecedented by even today's standards.ML; cool.gif

3044ecf7e6c9.jpg

COMMANDING OFFICER ROBERT B McLaughlin;UN NAVY;

SNIPPET FROM LINK SOURCE;

Case Directory - Category: 01; Distant Encounters

Subject: AFOSI Case 55; The Arrey, New Mexico/C.B. Moore Case Date: April 24, 1949 Location: White Sands, NM

Francis Ridge:

Even the Air Force couldn't explain this one. This is case number 358 from the Project Blue Book "Unknowns".

Richard Hall:

Features: Theodolite tracking, high-speed maneuvering object. At 10:20 a.m. on a very clear day Charles B. Moore, Jr, a General Mills Company aerologist and four technicians were preparing to launch a Skyhook balloon and were tracking a small weather balloon, when they suddenly noticed a whitish object rapidly crossing the sky. They turned their theodolite, with 25-power telescope, onto the object and saw that it was a featureless ellipse, its length about 2-1/2 times its width. After about 60 seconds, the object "disappeared in a sharp climb!" According to Ruppelt, the UFO at one point passed in front of a range of mountains. From azimuth, elevation, and timing data the object's speed was calculated to be between 18,000 and 25,000 m.p.h.

LINK; http://www.nicap.org/sands490424dir.htm

This is what commander McLaughlin said of the object.

1. The object, viewed in cross section, was elliptical in shape.

2. It was about 105 feet in diameter.

3. It was flying at an altitude of approximately 56 miles. (This was determined by a ballistics expert. An object at a lower altitude on this particular bright day could not have fitted the data taken. For security reasons, I cannot go deeper into this method of calculating altitude.)

4. Its speed was about 5 miles per second.

5. At the end of its trajectory, it swerved abruptly upward, altering its angle of elevation by 5 degrees - corresponding to an increase in altitude of about 25 miles - in a period of 10 seconds. Rough calculation indicates that a force of more that 20 G's (20 times the pull of gravity) would be required to produce this elevation in this time.

6. The object was visible for 60 seconds.

7. It disappeared at an elevation of 29 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Here is a wee article from last year ,November, from the web site of Harvard Smithsonian centre for Astrophysics in which a couple of scientists are suggesting a new way of trying to detect intelligence on any extra planets , long shot but its good to see scientific academics pontificating and looking in other areas of possible new ways of detecting possible life out there;At the present astronomers have concentrated on radio signals and ultra short laser pulses but now spotting any artificial light would require future generations of telescopes that would look specificity for any signs of light sources;Link for source quotes and picture below;ML;geek.gif

cfa-banner2o.gif

display.jpg

Artists impression of extra planet showing light sources;

quote;

Press ReleaseRelease No.: 2011-30For Release: Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:00:00 PM EDT

City Lights Could Reveal E.T. Civilization

Cambridge, MA - In the search for extraterrestrial intelligence, astronomers have hunted for radio signals and ultra-short laser pulses. In a new paper, Avi Loeb (Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics) and Edwin Turner (Princeton University) suggest a new technique for finding aliens: look for their city lights. "Looking for alien cities would be a long shot, but wouldn't require extra resources. And if we succeed, it would change our perception of our place in the universe," said Loeb.

As with other SETI methods, they rely on the assumption that aliens would use Earth-like technologies. This is reasonable because any intelligent life that evolved in the light from its nearest star is likely to have artificial illumination that switches on during the hours of darkness.

link; http://www.cfa.harvard.edu/news/2011/pr201130.html

maroonlegions

Here is a bit of fun , as there have been over 350 extra planets discovered since 1995 and some of them are in their own goldilocks or habitual zones , not too close,(hot), or not to far way,(too cold), for life to exist as we know it. Gliese 518d the extra planet discovered not so long ago is in one of these habitual zones and is considered an earth like planet and is a focus of a group that is sending messages to this extra planet from anyone who wants to send one.Of course this is supposing that any intelligence there or any where else for that matter can understand uslaugh.gif.There is a video included for a more information on these messages and i have included the link also for anyone interested.ML;geek.gif

QUOTE;

Thanks to the support of Australia's Department of Innovation, Industry, Science and Research, the CSIRO and NASA, and a bunch of other really helpful people, messages of up to 160 characters in length were collected on this site. They were then transmitted to the closest Earth-like planet that might harbour life: Gliese 581d, which is about 20.3 light-years away and practically in our backyard (in astronomical terms).The messages were collected until the end of Science Week, and then transmitted by NASA to Gliese 581d using the Canberra Deep Space Communication Complex in Tidbinbilla, Australia. Will we get an answer? No-one really knows. So why not send a message and find out?

LINK; http://www.hellofrom...sages/index.htm

maroonlegions

Following on from my last post concerning messages being sent to the extra planet known as Gliese 581d ,the diagram below shows this planet in its habitual zone; There are many more recent extra planet discoveries that are in this habitual zone ML

Gliese_001.png

maroonlegions

Liking this theory and scientific paper on possible new ideals of possible primary investigation's of superlumninal physics and instantaneous physics or new instantaneous travelling;These two fields of research have come about due to two consecutive successful CERN experiments involving superluminal particles in 2011.Looking like there is a real possibility that what was thought as the be all and end all of what is currently understood or thought possible in the field of physics or even quantum and astro physics and quantum mechanics is in essence limited and not the finale all knowing of universal physics;Every year and in short revelations astro physics are opening up new perceptions of the universe and humanity place in it .Now imagine what a highly advanced intelligence out there already knows or has discovered, we would be like the Incas staring at the Spanish conquers or a native American Indian seeing him self in photo for the first time;ML;geek.gif

Superluminal Physics & Instantaneous Physics - as new trends in research (electronic conference)

2-4 July 2012, University of New Mexico, Gallup, NM 87301, USA

In a similar way as passing from Euclidean Geometry to Non-Euclidean Geometry, we can pass from Subluminal Physics to Supraluminal Physics, and further to Instantaneous Physics (instantaneous travelling). In the lights of two consecutive successful CERN experiments with superluminal particles in the Fall of 2011, we believe these two new fields of research should begin developing. A physical law has a form in Newtonian physics, another form in the Relativity Theory, and different forms at Superluminal theory and at Instantaneous (infinite) speeds - according to the S-Denying Theory spectrum. First one extends the physical laws, formulas, and theories to superluminal traveling and to instantaneous traveling. Afterwards one founds a general theory that unites all theories at: law speeds, relativistic speeds, superluminal speeds, and instantaneous speeds - as in the S-Multispace Theory.

American Mathematical Society calendar:

http://www.ams.org/meetings/calendar/2012_jul2-4_gallup.html

Papers of research in the Superluminal Physics and Instantaneous Physics should be e-mailed to Prof. Florentin Smarandache, University of New Mexico, Gallup, NM 87301, USA, by July 1st, 2012, to be published in theProceedings of Superluminal Physics & Instantaneous Physics International Conference.

Information:

http://fs.gallup.unm...inalPhysics.htm

maroonlegions

This article by Alexander Wendt of the Ohio State University and Raymond Duvall of the University Minnesota is bang on the money on its very important academical view point on the different areas of the modern worlds perceptions and general view points and even belief systems on the UFO situation.They go on into detail as to the main reasons for the transparency of the main primary prejudices and ridicule emanating from religious, scientific and political institutions and how sovereignty and the UFO situation if one takes a more deeper and personal investigation as to what the media do not report to the public, also how sovereignty and the UFO enigma are really important to world religions and political influences.Well worth a read for those interested in these kind of statements emanating from academical sources and backgrounds giving this subject a much needed academical credibility instead of farcical u-tube hoaxes and the loony fringe that have plagued this subject for so long;First published in 2008 its honestly and transparency in giving the UFO subject serious attention is still as potent as it is today as it was in 2008;Below is a snippet from the article;ML;cool.gif

Sovereignty and the UFO Alexander Wendt The Ohio State University Raymond Duvall University of Minnesota;

QUOTE;

"Modern sovereignty is anthropocentric, constituted and organized by reference to human beings alone. Although a metaphysical assumption, anthropocentrism is of immense practical import, enabling modern states to command loyalty and resources from their subjects in pursuit of political projects. It has limits,however, which are brought clearly into view by the authoritative taboo on taking UFOs seriously. UFOs have never been systematically investigated by science or the state, because it is assumed to be known that none are extraterrestrial. Yet infact this is not known, which makes the UFO taboo puzzling given the ETpossibility". Drawing on the work of Giorgio Agamben, Michel Foucault, and Jacques Derrida, the puzzle is explained by the functional imperatives of anthropocentric sovereignty, which cannot decide a UFO exception to anthropocentrism while preserving the ability to make such a decision. The UFO can be ?known? only by not asking what it is.

Keywords: sovereignty; UFOs; state of exception; undecidability; epistemology of ignorance; Agamben

LINK; PDF FORMATE;

http://ptx.sagepub.c...7.full.pdf+html

Additional services and information for Political Theory can be found at:

Email Alerts: http://ptx.sagepub.com/cgi/alerts

Reprints: http://www.sagepub.c...alsReprints.nav

Citations: http://ptx.sagepub.c...4/607.refs.html

OnlineFirst Version of Record - Jun 11, 2008

http://www.sagepub.c...Permissions.nav

>> Version of Record - Jul 25, 2008

http://ptx.sagepub.c...4/607.refs.html

maroonlegions

For anyone interested SETI"s, (SETI,search for extraterrestrial intelligence), are currently going through the Kepler region of star systems containing possible habitual planets or planets in their habitual zones, this was touched on in one of my recent posts.One can also get involved with SETI"s civilian work from home project, just click on the link provided for more information.The main criteria that SETI are concentrating on is any possible radio signals emanating from this region of space,it is also worth mentioning that SETI have concluded that the difference between terrestrial "INTERFERENCE" signals detected and those of extraterrestrial signals are or can be similar so great care has to be taken in any investigation's of any signals detected.Could be a case of say 9 out of 10 signals detected are "terrestrial interference" and one is a possible terrestrial or extraterrestria due to a close similarity of the two, who knows but worth keeping an eye on i think.ML.geek.gif

quote;

"several criteria were used to select the planet candidates that SETI wanted to target. Many of the candidates were selected due to their position in the "Habitable Zone," or the region around a star where liquid water could be maintained on the surface of an orbiting planet. Of the 86 total SETI candidates, 71 have a calculated surface temperature between about -50 C and 100 C, placing them in this zone. All stars with over four Kepler candidates in orbit were included, along with any candidate with an orbital period greater than 50 days and a radius less than three times that of Earth. We also included the star hosting the first confirmed rocky planet outside our solar system, Kepler 10b."

HabStars are color-coded by distance. The order from closest to farthest is red, pink, yellow, white, green, light blue, dark blue, and purple. The colors are determined by a log scale.">SETI candidates http://seti.berkeley...ates_Google_Sky

ac4f397124.jpg

Problem Officer?

I hope nobody in this thread believes in UFOs i.e. "alien spacecraft". :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe there has to be other life in the cosmos, but thinking another civilisation with the technology to travel light years between the stars would just come to Earth and drift about in our airspace? :facepalm:

Archived