The Maroonlegions UFO All-in-One Mammoth Thread

maroonlegions

maroonlegions

Photo Of The UFO That Shut Down The China Airport!!

07b78c02196c.jpg

A photo taken by a resident in Hangzhou shows an unidentified flying object hovering over Hangzhou, capital of East China's Zhejiang province, late Wednesday, July 7, 2010. [Photo/Metro Express]

QUOTE;

"A source with knowledge of the matter, however, told China Daily on Thursday that authorities had learned what the UFO was after an investigation". :thumbsup:

"But it was not the proper time to publicly disclose the information because there was a military connection, he said, adding that an official explanation <_< is expected to be given on Friday".

Well it looks like this object is possibly something military that caused this airport to shut down last week. Still looking to find any announcements of their explanation seeing as this articule says its Friday the explanation will be announced. :rolleyes:

source link; http://english.peopledaily.com.cn/90001/90782/90872/7058628.html

• Replies 525
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maroonlegions

UFO Shuts Down Chinese Airport; UPDATE;

Aviation experts cool on private plane theory in east China UFO probe.

"No conclusion has yet been drawn," said Wang Jian, head of air traffic control with Zhejiang branch of the Civil Aviation Administration of China, told Xinhua Friday.

LINK; http://news.xinhuanet.com/english2010/china/2010-07/09/c_13392148.htm

The story is true so far, there are have been various reports with conflicting information, but for the most part they all have the same general story - the airport received word from a pilot that there was something that shouldn't be there in the air space, the ATC redirected traffic and grounded flights based off of this and possibly something popping up on the radar (this bit could be considered unconfirmed, due to it only appearing in a few of the news reports).

The images that have been associated with this event are so far inconclusive as to actually pertaining to the incident at the airport - not necessarily hoaxes, just images that are not related to the incident, more likely than not just news agencies grabbing any image they could find to slap on their headline to catch the eye, which is normal.

Nothing has officially been released as of yet from China since the original reports, and it appears that whatever happened is going to stay under wraps judging from the lack of updates. :thumbsup:

After some digging it appears that this photo below is NOT related to this UFO incident.The photo below is from a different incident on June 30th - in fact that image was used for the article itself by yes, the MEDIA. <_<

P201007090755561564718782.jpg

link for original report and photo used in that story; http://english.people.com.cn/90001/90782/7054799.html

So no, that particular image is not of whatever caused the incident but that image is not a hoax ,(as far as i know at this time of typing), that image is possibly showing a photo of of a helicopter taken by a camera using long exposure.

The most important facts we have are these:

1.Chinese airports (or any airport for that matter) are NOT going to stop all flights because of something somebody sees or thinks they see in the sky. Not going to happen.

2.They would only shut it down if the Air Traffic Controllers saw something on radar that could disrupt inbound/outbound air traffic and which the ATC's could not establish communication with.

3.What we also know is that the Chinese military were unable to intercept this Unidentified Flying Object.

SO WHAT DOES IT MEAN? Official explanation= still waiting.(July THE 10TH).If it was a genuine unkown object/UFO would they tell.This object was first spotted by pilots, then confirmed by on radar by air traffic control, then airport is shut down ,no flights allowed in our out and still no explanation as of yet.Secret military or genuine unknown.

maroonlegions

Cley Hill, nr Warminster, Wiltshire. Reported 9th July.Crop formation.

Cley-&-Danebury-Hills35.jpg

:rolleyes:

cleyhill2010a.jpg

DSC1217--Clay-Hill-CL.jpg

Impressive, still waiting on any forth coming field reports from investigators on this one.

link; http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/2010/cleyhill/cleyhill2010a.html

Instead of starting a new thread i thought of just adding it here. :ermm:

WorldChampions1902

From Larry King on CNN:

"Seems there have been more cases like this where unknown objects have possibly interfered or disabled missiles after launches, well that's according to these former base officers any way.These officers apparently said that their superiors told them after further investigations into this failed missile test that an unknown object/UFO was the cause.ML. :ninja:

Even more intriguing are the well-documented cases of UFO's visiting U.S. and Russian Nuclear Missile Silo's and overriding their launch controls. A number of nuclear missiles (trained on both the US and the Soviet Union) were taken to within a whisker of being launched before being shut down by the UFO's. Subsequent military investigations of the missile silo's subjected to the beams of light from these mysterious craft revealed no malfunctions within the military hardware/software.

It doesn't take a genius to work out what would have happened to our planet if the UFO's had decided to successfully launch just one of these missiles.

maroonlegions

"There are astronomers and pilots and NASA engineers -- and others who have been around the block a few times when it comes to observing natural phenomena -- who have witnessed events for which there is no plausible conventional explanation".

"Advances are made by answering questions. Discoveries are made by questioning answers." Bernard Haisch

bernie.jpg

An information site on the UFO phenomenon by and for professional scientists.

LINK; http://ufoskeptic.org/index.html'>http://ufoskeptic.org/index.html

"We are in the curious situation today that our best modern physics and astrophysics theories arguably predict that we should be experiencing extraterrestrial visitation, yet any possible evidence of such lurking in the UFO phenomenon is scoffed at within our scientific community (see the JBIS article linked below for details").

"No problem can be solved by the same level of consciousness that created it". - Albert Einstein

"It is more difficult to demolish a preconceived opinion than an atom." - Albert Einstein

"I don't understand! Why do you have to pay to live on the planet you are born on?" - ET :D

This article is from Bernard Haisch from an article from the information site on the UFO phenomenon by and for professional scientists.

HE is an active professional astronomer since he earned his doctorate in 1975. He has published a respectable number of scientific papers in most of the right journals (including our favorites, Science and Nature), has been Principal Investigator on several NASA studies, have served as referee and proposal reviewer for NASA and NSF, belong to half a dozen professional societies, has chaired international conferences, i.e. He has engaged by and large successfully in all the usual activities of a busy professional scientist.

I am in the process of reading all the information presented by Bernard Haisch in his papers and the links provided as i feel he is one of the more open minded and fairer breed of sceptics.He appears to me to not be in the circuit of "selective sceptics" but actually takes the time to dig further and look at ALL avenues of this enigma as he once said below

quote;

"Any scientist who has not read a few serious books and articles presenting actual UFO evidence should out of intellectual honesty refrain from making scientific pronouncements.(or ridicule/character assassination attempts).To look at the evidence and go away unconvinced is one thing. To not look at the evidence and be convinced against it nonetheless is another.That is not science. Do your homework"! :thumbsup: ML :geek:

There is enough here in these links i feel and in the full of the above article and papers by Bernard Haisch to see a sceptics approach,(well a certain specific one that is), mind set and possibly beliefs,(in my mind anyway),on this UFO enigma, he is right though when he imples that this subject deserves serious modern day and up to date scientific investigation and not scientific ridicule.ML. :geek:

Link for Bernard Haisch article; http://ufoskeptic.org/index.html

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing had happened."- Winston Churchill.

Some useful links;

SOVEREIGNTY AND THE UFO;

Alexander Wendt, The Ohio State University and Raymond Duvall, University of Minnesota

Political Theory, vol. 36, no. 4, 2008; http://ufoskeptic.org/wendt_preprint.pdf

INFLATION-THEORY IMPLICATIONS FOR EXTRATERRESTRIAL VISITATION

J. Deardorff, B. Haisch, B. Maccabee and H.E. Puthoff

Journal of the British Interplanetary Society, Vol. 58, pp. 43-50, 2005.

http://ufoskeptic.org/JBIS.pdf

REVIEW OF "SEEING IS BELIEVING: THE TRUTH ABOUT UFOs"

by Peter Jennings, ABC-TV, February 24, 2005

B. Haisch

Journal of Scientific Exploration, Vol. 19, pp. 317-323, 2005.

http://ufoskeptic.org/JSE_Review.pdf

Guest Red Mist

Your man Bernard is slavering pish. This is from someone who believes in ET.

Dunno what happened with my quotation there.

maroonlegions

"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," he said. "The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like." Steven Hawkings. B)

link; http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/stephen-hawking-uses-latest-computer-graphics-to-bring-aliens-to-life/story-e6frf7jo-1225889557028

link for Hawkings picture gallery;

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/gallery-e6frf7jo-1225889551537

The documentary below was already aired Sunday (last weekend) on the Discovery channel in Australia.Some pretty bizarre designs from Hawkings and why not really but none in any humanoid forms,i suppose he could just be keeping it simple for now :D .ML.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3ofIg67Jo&hl=en_US

Jam Tarts 1874

"To my mathematical brain, the numbers alone make thinking about aliens perfectly rational," he said. "The real challenge is to work out what aliens might actually be like." Steven Hawkings. B)

link; http://www.heraldsun...o-1225889557028

link for Hawkings picture gallery;

http://www.heraldsun...o-1225889551537

The documentary below was already aired Sunday (last weekend) on the Discovery channel in Australia.Some pretty bizarre designs from Hawkings and why not really but none in any humanoid forms,i suppose he could just be keeping it simple for now :D .ML.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw3ofIg67Jo&hl=en_US

Sorry to be a pedant, but I think his name is Hawking.

:whistling:

Thanks for posting all the recent stuff.

:thumbsup:

maroonlegions

New UK "UFO" type War Plane!!!

?142.5m combat aircraft unveiled;

753075926-142-5m-combat-aircraft-unveiled.jpg

"It may look like the stuff of science fiction but this unmanned jet could be the combat craft of the future.

Named Taranis, after the Celtic god of thunder, the ?142.5 million prototype has been unveiled by the Ministry of Defence.

Dubbed the "pinnacle" of British engineering and aeronautical design, it is the size of a light aircraft and has been equipped with advanced stealth technology making it virtually undetectable".

source; http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100712/ttc-142-5m-combat-aircraft-unveiled-e1d36ba.html

Reminds me of the cyborg in battle "Star Galactica". :D Watch out for this object being reported as a UFO by the public, that's IF it does training sortes at night that is.

Anyway thought you technology boffs might fancy a butchers.ML. B)

maroonlegions

There are two types of evidence; namely, direct evidence and circumstantial evidence.

Maybe this will help how we weigh and look at both circumstantial and direct evidence as it pertains to the UFO debate.Instead of the word GUILT we can substitute it for: ALIEN PRESENCE" - "VISITATION" or "POSSIBILITY".

There are two types of evidence; namely, direct evidence

and circumstantial evidence.

In this case, the People contend that there is circumstantial

evidence of (the defendant's guilt)(alien visitation)

Let me explain what constitutes direct and circumstantial

evidence and how they differ.

Direct evidence is evidence of a fact based on a witness's

personal knowledge or observation of that fact.

A person('s guilt of a charged crime)(claim to seeing a UFO or alien)may be proven by direct evidence if, standing

alone, that evidence satisfies a jury beyond a reasonable doubt

of the person's(guilt of that crime) (truthfulness)

Circumstantial evidence is direct evidence of a fact from

which a person may reasonably infer the existence or nonexistence

of another fact. (A person's guilt of a charged crime)(An alien presence)

may be proven by circumstantial evidence, if that evidence, while not directly establishing guilt, (alien presence) gives rise to an inference of guilt (alien presence)

beyond a reasonable doubt.

Let me give you an example of the difference between

direct evidence and circumstantial evidence.

Suppose that in a trial one of the parties is trying to prove

that it was raining on a certain morning. A witness testifies that

on that morning she walked to the subway and as she walked she

saw rain falling, she felt it striking her face, and she heard it

splashing on the sidewalk. That testimony of the witness's

perceptions would be direct evidence that it rained on that

morning.

Suppose, on the other hand, the witness testified that it was

clear as she walked to the subway, that she went into the subway

and got on the train and that while she was on the train, she saw

passengers come in at one station after another carrying wet

umbrellas and wearing wet clothes and raincoats. That testimony

constitutes direct evidence of what the witness observed.

And because an inference that it was raining in the area would flow naturally, reasonably, and logically from that direct evidence, the witness's testimony would constitute circumstantial evidence that it was raining in the area.

The law draws no distinction between circumstantial

evidence and direct evidence in terms of weight or importance.

Either type of evidence may be enough to establish (guilt) (alien presence) beyond

a reasonable doubt, depending on the facts of the case as the

jury finds them to be.

Because circumstantial evidence requires the drawing of

inferences, I will explain the process involved in analyzing that

evidence and what you must do before you may return a verdict of (guilty)(alien presence) based solely on circumstantial evidence.

Initially, you must decide, on the basis of all of the evidence,

what facts, if any, have been proven. Any facts upon which an inference of (guilt)(alien presence) can be drawn must be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

After you have determined what facts, if any, have been proven beyond a reasonable doubt, then you must decide what inferences, if any, can be drawn from those facts.

Before you may draw an inference of (guilt) (proof of alien visitation), however, that

inference must be the only one that can fairly and reasonably be

drawn from the facts, it must be consistent with the proven facts,

and it must flow naturally, reasonably, and logically from them.

Again, it must appear that the inference of guilt (alien visitation) is the only one that can fairly and reasonably be drawn from the facts, and

that the evidence excludes beyond a reasonable doubt every

reasonable (hypothesis of innocence)(natural explanation).

If there is a reasonable hypothesis from the proven facts

consistent with the ,(defendant's innocence),(argument they did NOT witness alien visitation), then you must find the

defendant (not guilty)(did NOT witness alien presence).

If the only reasonable inference you find is that the defendant (is guilty of a charged crime)(did witness alien presence) and that inference is established beyond reasonable doubt, then you must find the defendant (guilty of that crime) (DID witness alien encounter}.

Perhaps we should have a trial? Weigh the facts. I think it would be fun. Pick 12 jurors- 4 skeptics, 4 believers, 4 who don't care and an impartial judge to weigh the "evidence" presented.ML.

maroonlegions

Strange Luminous Beams over Xiamen, -China??

Dozens of vertical luminous beams appeared in the night sky of Xiamen about 11:30pm last Friday, reports Southeast Express.

f_28gogm_12cee74.jpg

Apparently The Xiamen meteorological observatory said no such astronomical phenomenon was monitored by the observatory. ?But it was not a meteor shower,? a staff member said. Interesting given that there is still no explanation about what caused the closure of the Hangzhou?s Xiaoshan Airport on July 7th.Actually another object has been seen, see link.

Also CNN in America have recently picked up this story and are covering it.ML. B)

Media in China report second UFO sighting in Chongqing;

"Around 8pm in the evening, a UFO was spotted hovering over Chongqing?s Shaping park for more than an hour". A WHOLE HOUR AND NO PHOTOS OF IT, mmm.ML. <_<

link; http://tucsoncitizen.com/paranormal/2010/07/15/media-in-china-reports-second-ufo-sighting-in-chongqing/

maroonlegions

Media in China report second UFO sighting in Chongqing;

"Around 8pm in the evening, a UFO was spotted hovering over Chongqing?s Shaping park for more than an hour;

I thought i would add a bit more on why no photo of this object after it had hovered for over an hour.

There have been plenty of times I've had a phone/camera and have gone "oh s***" afterwards because I would forget I even have my camera and would get caught up in the moment ... it's a shame really considering there were some EPIC moments I could have shared. :woot:

HOWEVER, the only thing I can't seem to grasp is the fact that if it were hovering for an hour, that means someone had to either have eyes on or psuedo eyes (i.e. radar) on it the whole time to be able to say it was in fact there for the time frame of an hour ... if my "oh s***" moments I mentioned lasted an hour vice the 30 seconds or so they normally do. I'm pretty somewhere at the 10-minute mark, the neato factor would have dropped and I would have been a bit bored of the mundane hovering and gone "lemme get my camera out", but that's just me though. :woot:

Not saying a this incident did or didn't happen, but if there was something I witnessed for an hour straight that was amazing enough as a UFO (in the literal sense that I had no clue what I was looking up at in the air), you better believe I'd be all over Facebook and what not telling EVERYONE I could about it.

Regardless, there's probably some sort of cover-up as to what the object was (pertaining to the original incident, Air port UFO). I personally think the main photo claimed to be the UFO by the MSM and local news was a long-exposure shot of a helicopter and the "missile-like" pic/vid was from around 30 JUN (I think) of just that ... a missile launch or a missile already in flight.HOWEVER, I think those two pieces of "evidence" aren't necessarily related to the event. Perhaps the probable long-exposure helo shot was or could have been a military helo sent in response to visually reassess the UFO, the original photographer snapped a pic of the helo with a long exposure and capitalized on the fact that the pic doesn't look like a conventional aircraft, claims it's the UFO, local/MSM eats it up, RSS feeds other news sites, and before you know it, you have a supposed pic of the UFO through tons of media outlets much akin to a viral marketing scheme. :rolleyes:

In the long run however, i doubt any of those pictures/vids are of the sighted UFO at the airport, I suspect that deliberate confusion and disinformation was started after the original story broke.i n the original first report the air port officials said that this object was invisible to the naked eye and could only be detected on RADAR and in infra- red??.This object was first spotted by the air line pilots on their RADAR who then reported it to the air port control officials who then took the decision to close the air port and redirect all in coming flights and also stopped all flights leaving that air port.Now they are saying to investgators that they cannot relase any radar print out of that night because they DID NOT DETECT ANY THING. :rolleyes:I am just offering an opinion/outside perspective and NOT telling anyone what to think by any means.

Myself and anyone interested i'm sure that takes a interest into what is flying about in various country's restricted air spaces with out PERMISSION and is the cause of an air port closing down would i imagine like to know what the feck these pilots picked up on radar over the airport.Let's hope some more info surfaces so there can be a stronger and detailed assessment!All-source analysis is the only way to go! ML. B)

New UK "UFO" type War Plane!!!

?142.5m combat aircraft unveiled;

753075926-142-5m-combat-aircraft-unveiled.jpg

"It may look like the stuff of science fiction but this unmanned jet could be the combat craft of the future.

Named Taranis, after the Celtic god of thunder, the ?142.5 million prototype has been unveiled by the Ministry of Defence.

Dubbed the "pinnacle" of British engineering and aeronautical design, it is the size of a light aircraft and has been equipped with advanced stealth technology making it virtually undetectable".

source; http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20100712/ttc-142-5m-combat-aircraft-unveiled-e1d36ba.html

Reminds me of the cyborg in battle "Star Galactica". :D Watch out for this object being reported as a UFO by the public, that's IF it does training sortes at night that is.

Anyway thought you technology boffs might fancy a butchers.ML. B)

Now that the tories are in this project is sure to be cut so no chance of this thing ever getting of the ground. :(

maroonlegions

Now that the tories are in this project is sure to be cut so no chance of this thing ever getting of the ground. :(

Well,you could be right but taking into account that this new prototype cost ?142.5 million it would be a horrendous waste of tax payers money at a time when the public services are as usual in the front line of cut backs and job losses.The men and women who spent time on this "pinnacle" of British engineering and aeronautical design will i imagine be mighty peshed of and dare i add us the tax payers too, that's if any tax payer really knows or cares where there tax of their hard earned goes that is. :ermm:

I cannot imagine that this would be compromised or flushed down the toilet if this is indeed a "pinnacle" of British engineering and aeronautical design",the British MOD i think like the USA defence budget have possible "black budgets" based on defence necessity's and justified under the national security acts,that do not have to be accountable to the tax payer.In essence,they can cipher tax payers money through these acts and if any challenge is put forward its immune to any real investigations.So no i do believe that this new prototype will be in operation as planned.ML. :booze:

Have you seen the latest from and with Stephen Hawkings. :geek:

"Stephen Hawkings hosts an epic new kind of cosmology series, a Planet Earth of the heavens. It takes the world?s most famous scientific mind and sets it free, powered by the limitless possibilities of computer animation".

"Hawking gives us the ultimate guide to the universe, a ripping yarn based on real science, spanning the whole of space and time ? from the nature of the universe itself, to the chances of alien life, and the real possibility of time travel." :woot:

Into the Universe With Stephen Hawking;

In two mind-blowing hours, Hawking reveals the wonders of the cosmos to a new generation.Delve into the mind of the world?s most famous living scientist. :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/p/2639DC83E26DB72B?fs=1&ap=%2526fmt%3D22&hd=1

Saint Johnston at hame in the first game of the season eh. nae bother,3 points in the bag. :flag1::flag2::booze:

maroonlegions

So we finally have pictures of this object that hovered for over an hour from witnesses being reported in the Chinese media.Hard to tell what it is but hopefully more reports will begin to surface.We need to know if any sound was heard from this object to rule out possible helicopters.

All the alleged witnesses said they saw the same thing - four lantern-like <_< objects forming a diamond shape that hovered over the city's Shaping Park for over an hour.

Well we can rule out lanterns because of this witnesses statement below who seen this object.Lanterns do not hover they continue upwards and are carried along with wind and air currents.They would have probably would not have taken a hour before they where out of out of sight.ML. B)

,"I stared at it and it did not move," Chen said. "After hovering for an hour, the thing started to fly higher and finally out of people's sight.",

http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-07/16/content_20509901_3.htm

Second UFO seen in Chongqing

E-mail Xinhua, July 16, 2010;

"Another unidentified flying object has been seen hovering over a park in southwestern China's Chongqing Municipality after the investigation into a UFO that shut Hangzhou's Xiaoshan Airport on July 7 failed to reach a conclusion".

link source; http://www.china.org.cn/china/2010-07/16/content_20509901.htm

Pictures of the Second UFO by witnesses that hovered for an hour in a park in southwestern China's Chongqing Municipality.

001372a9a93f0daa0c6d61.jpg

00016c8b5de00daa009402.jpg

00016c8b5de00daa00d203.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

Hunt For Aliens" premiering on NGC July 30th;

A promo for a programme called "Hunt for Aliens", which will be premiering on July 30th, 2010 @9PM on National Geographic Channel UK.

Description:

"Respected scientists from NASA and around the world have unveiled startling new evidence that strongly suggests we are not alone. Some believe we are likely to discover life somewhere in the universe within the next 50 years. From underground ocean on a planetary moon, to the discovery of distant planets, to a detailed imagining of what contact will be like, this programme takes a serious, scientific look at the question: How will we meet ET? With many scientists increasingly convinced that we are not alone in the universe, take a look at how alien contact might occur". <_<

The promo recorded:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-TqmShcpQE

source link; http://natgeotv.com/uk/hunt-for-aliens/galleries

Looks good ,if anyone's interested check it out next friday at 9pm.Will be interesting to see what and if any of this "new evidence" consists of.ML. B)

maroonlegions

NASA's Deep Space Camera Locates Host of 'Earths'.

Published July 25,2010;

summary;

"Scientists celebrated Sunday after finding more than 700 suspected new planets -- including up to 140 similar in size to Earth -- in just six weeks of using a powerful new space observatory". :thumbsup:

"Early results from NASA?s Kepler Mission, a small satellite observing deep space, suggested planets like Earth were far more common than previously thought." :woot:

link; http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/2010/07/25/nasas-deep-space-camera-locates-host-earths/?test=latestnews

Very good news and long may it continue, little by little and step by step as they say.ML. B)

maroonlegions

Leslie Kean: UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record (new book).

UFO researcher Leslie Kean has a new book coming out(August 10 release date) and is well worth the read to anyone who is interested in hearing the perceptions of those in positions of influence or authority.To those who say only drunks and farmers see UFOs, I highly suggest you purchase a copy of this book to find out for yourself just how many high level Government and Military personal have seen UFOs. The media has spun this subject for too long and need to read books like this one to get the facts.There is also a forward by JOHN PODESTA.Here is a wee bit of information on JOHN PODESTA;ML B)

"John David Podesta (born January 8, 1949)[1] was the fourth and final White House Chief of Staff under President Bill Clinton from 1998 until 2001. He is currently President of the Center for American Progress, a liberal think tank in Washington, D.C, and is also a Visiting Professor of Law at the Georgetown University Law Center. Podesta was co-chairman of the Obama-Biden Transition Project." :ermm:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Podesta

41XS1uGzXFL._SS500_.jpg

Quote;

?I was astonished by the care and precision of Leslie Kean?s research in this terrific book. Her analysis is carefully reasoned and to the point; her craftsmanship in organization and writing are superb. Her expose' raises important questions: Why does the US government create public distrust by neglecting this important topic? Why do its agencies avoid investigating cases of interference with flight operations and instead issue absurd cover-up stories? This book is ultimately an appeal to all scholars for an "extraordinary investigation of an extraordinary phenomenon.?

?Rudy Schild, Ph.D., Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics. :ermm:

maroonlegions

A Red Ufo above Italian skies!

Quote;

"Daylight sighting is from 29 July 2010 above Treviglio (BG) near Milan, in Italy.

The "object" change shape and colours very fast and rotated on itself." <_<

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oda1afogG7A&feature=player_embedded#!

Could be some kind of remote laser controlled object.First thought was that it is a remotely controlled model with balloons attached - but I think attached balloons would interfere too greatly with the rotors for it to be doing these incredible manouevers. If it is a remote of some sort it must have to be helicopter-like, at some frames it almost looks like the center of a turbine prop protruding below.There are also times when the object seems longer end to end; glinting could be from scale model windshield. Note that the double rotors on this device make it extremely maneouverable.

Seems like a genuine unidentified object though. :coolgleamA:

Here are some enlargements of this object from this video;

01057a4a0ba2.jpg

Found an image of red remote below.

xpve.jpg

:D

maroonlegions

Newly released UFO files from the UK government.

Files released in August 2010;

Here is another instalment of declassified UFO files that were released by the Government through the British Ministry of Defence containing a wide range of UFO-related documents, drawings,letters and parliamentary questions covering the years 1995-2003".For anyone that is interested here is the link for the complete down load of these newly released files.ML.:geek:

link source for file downloads;http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/

quote;

"Discover which part of the country had the most reported UFO sightings and find out more about the terror attack foretold in a dream, mysterious objects tracked by radar and the 100-1 bet on alien life." :woot:

Start by reading our highlights guide (PDF, 332kb); http://filestore.nationalarchives.gov.uk/pdfs/aug-2010-highlights-guide.pdf to help you navigate your way through the files.

Previous file releases;

The National Archives holds other UFO files that have already been released by the Ministry of Defence. You can download these in PDF format for a small fee. The files contain details of numerous UFO sightings.

Access existing UFO files; http://ufos.nationalarchives.gov.uk/existing-files.htm

?What does all this stuff about flying saucers amount to? What can it mean? What is the truth??

Sir Winston Churchill - July 1952 (Catalogue reference PREM 11/855);

maroonlegions

UFO reports flood in for West Lothian;

Aug 5 2010 by Alistair Watson, West Lothian Courier;

QUOTES;

"THE people of West Lothian are being urged to watch the sky after a string of reports of unidentified flying objects in the area".

"UFO website forums across the country have been flooded with reports of strange sights seen in the night skies above Whitburn, Bathgate and Livingston in the past month.

One reader phoned the Courier to describe ?strange orange lights? he had seen in the sky over Whitburn last week".

"The man said he was walking back from the Hillcroft Hotel up to Gleneagles Court with his wife when he saw two triangular orange lights above them". <_<

SOURCE LINK; http://www.westlothiancourier.co.uk/2010/08/05/ufo-reports-flood-in-for-west-lothian-62405-26997374/

Not ruling out that some or most of these reports are probably sky lanterns.ML. B)

maroonlegions

Sharpest Image Yet of Massive Galaxy Collision;

913065a32fbf.jpg

Source quote;

"These two spiral galaxies have been colliding for over 100 million years. The intergalactic battle has spurred the creation of millions of new stars, the most massive of which have already exploded into supernovae."

"Three of NASA?s space telescopes have combined forces to create the sharpest image yet of the merging Antennae galaxies, located 62 million light years from Earth. X-ray data from Chandra X-Ray Observatory is blue, optical data from the Hubble Space Telescope is gold and brown, and infrared data from Spitzer Space Telescope is red. The photos were taken between 1999 and 2002, and combine 117 hours of observation." B)

Truly amazing and beautiful.The Universe will never cease giving out spectacular events such as this. And it's just incredible the amount of time it takes to view an event like this one.Bet it must have been a beautiful view of the night sky for any POSSIBLE civilizations living in either galaxy to see leading up to it.I never tier reading sentences like this on:

"these two galaxies have been colliding for 100 million years.":blink:

When one thinks of collisions, they usually don't think of something lasting more than a moment, or a day, let alone millions of years.Puts an interesting twist on how i sometimes percieve time in our wee blue planet in this massive and merely discover galaxy never mind universe.It's more like a dance, sorta, and less than a collision,i think. B)

And here is a Wide-Angle View of the Collision below.Truly Beautiful and Amazing.

32b14af2fa7e.jpg

maroonlegions

5 UFO Sightings That Even Non-Crazy People Find Creepy. :lol:

Quote from source;

"If you want to research UFO sightings, we hope you like bullsh**. Because you're about to be drowned in sensationalist books and blogs from UFO enthusiasts who declare every blinking light in the sky to be the opening scenes of Independence Day. It's no coincidence that so many people who encounter UFOs also really want to believe in them".

"However, buried deep within the U.S. military's own records are some very bizarre, and very well-documented sightings that have to give even a skeptic second thoughts". here; http://www.bluebookarchive.org/

Are they aliens? We're not saying that. We're just saying they're really, really weird. :ermm:

SOURCE ; http://www.cracked.com/article_18690_5-ufo-sightings-that-even-non-crazy-people-find-creepy.html

Here are the 5 UFO encounters and links to the finale military conclusions that the military reached.ML. B)

#5.

The Chiles-Whitted UFO Encounter;

The Unsettling Evidence:

First off all, the below facts are not from the pages of Holy S*** UFOs Are Real Weekly or any other group of alien enthusiasts. This is from the Air Force's own investigation into the sighting. here; http://www.bluebookarchive.org/page.aspx?PageCode=MAXW-PBB4-9

#4.

The Green Fireball Sightings;

The Green Fireball Sightings refer to a series of, you guessed it, green fireballs which were witnessed in the skies above New Mexico between December 1948 and April 1955. They were seen by, well, just about everybody INCLUDING Hundreds of military scientists, astronomers and enlisted personnel, along with members of the general public, reported looking on as the giant parade of WTF was unraveling in the sky above them.

The Unsettling Evidence:

LaPaz spent years on the subject and decided that the rate in which the fireballs were being sighted, combined with the slow speeds and lack of rock bits trailing the objects, meant they weren't behaving in a matter fitting of meteors... or that of any natural phenomena.

LINK http://www.bluebookarchive.org/page.aspx?PageCode=MAXW-PBB4-1280

#3.

The Gorman Dogfight;

28202.jpg?v=1

On October 1, 1948, in the skies over Fargo, North Dakota, World War II veteran and resident badass George F. Gorman claimed he wound up in a game of chicken with a small, blinking orb of light.

28214.jpg?v=1

The Unsettling Evidence:

As Air Force records show,along with Gorman's testimony there were two other witnesses who were working in the Air Plane Control Tower (they saw the object, but nothing showed on their radar), and the pilot and passenger of yet another plane who happened to be in the area.

The Official Explanation:

The short answer is weather balloon (seriously, when you look into it you find weather balloons seem to single-handedly fuel the UFO industry).

LINK; http://www.bluebookarchive.org/page.aspx?PageCode=MAXW-PBB4-692

In other words, they're saying he was pretty much the world's sh****** fighter pilot, since you'd think the ability to tell the difference between a hostile aircraft and a celestial object would be one of the first things they teach you in fighter pilot school,(you waste a ton of bullets otherwise).

Still loving this thread..

Not so much UFO related but a little something I came across the other day... I can't really explain what it is, you just have to click and see...

Well trying to explain, its like someone took Scientific speeches and made them into, em, 'Music' ish..

http://dev.fyicenter.com/Interview-Questions/Sixty-Four/Question_1_Tell_me_about_yourself_.html

I thought ML might like it!

Guest John Meurig Thomas

Still loving this thread..

Not so much UFO related but a little something I came across the other day... I can't really explain what it is, you just have to click and see...

Well trying to explain, its like someone took Scientific speeches and made them into, em, 'Music' ish..

http://dev.fyicenter..._yourself_.html

I thought ML might like it!

Wrong linksad.gif

maroonlegions

Brazil Air Force Regulates How to Deal with UFOs *August 2010* <_<

quote;

"Under the regulations published Tuesday, when an unidentified flying object appears or a sighting is reported, officers must register it in the books of the Aviation Command, which in turn must draw up a document to be sent to the National Archive."

Link to source ; http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=362571&CategoryId=14090

What grabbed my attention with this article is that there appears to be much more movement and 'trasparency' in regards to UFO'S than has been noticed or recognised between various countries military"s and governments if the past and present declassified military UFO documents released under the freedom of information acts are to go by. One has to wonder why the Brazilian air force/military procedures have changed now? What is new in regards to UFO's? Do they envisage that there will be more sightings? Do they want to keep closer tabs on the activity so that its easier to control? or do they simply want to try and obtain more details so that they can make an articulate decision whether or not to disclose more to the general public?

Whatever the reason, things are certaily getting interesting lately. B)

maroonlegions

pants on a bike

http://symphonyofscience.com/

stupid computer...

I liked these lyrics below by Carl Sagan from one of these songs;

Interesting mate,will have a wee butchers at this concept, cheers for posting it. :thumbsup:

"Space is filled with a network of wormholes

You might emerge somewhere else in space

Some when-else in time" :lol:

"The sky calls to us

If we do not destroy ourselves

We will one day venture to the stars"

"A still more glorious dawn awaits

Not a sunrise, but a galaxy rise

A morning filled with 400 billion suns :rolleyes:

The rising of the milky way"

maroonlegions

New Alien Move: Skyline, (Predictive Programming).

As with many films that have come out there has been a great amount of predictive programming for the masses.

The film 'Knowing' for example with the oil spill...Coincidence?

Now there is a movie coming out in November of this year called Skyline.There is not much to the preview but I'm sure you can get the basic hint that we should FEAR aliens if they were to invade, it even has a news caster quoting Steven Hawking's quotes on the dangers of trying to contact extraterrestrial intelligences. B)

Here's the trailer;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_7KSXnDeTE

maroonlegions

The Solar System in 30 Megapixels;

Found this article on forgetomori and was blown away by it, well the video at least, the pic is still loading. (it's 18mb)

solarsystem.jpg

French artist Licoti created a breathtaking artwork representing our Solar System, 30.000 pixels long. Above, a very small part...

Here's the video, I recommend watching it on Youtube direct in HD and Full screen. B)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KP6weKb47HQ

maroonlegions

New French aerospace report endorses reality of UFOs; :ermm:

This is very interesting given the fact that it is emanating from some credible sources that have investigated and studied various UFO reports that contain high levels of strangeness since 2008.This report is not yet fully finished as of yet,more like a working report in progress but still the nature of some of these early conclusions is pointing to some real eye openers on what are and from where SOME of the high strangeness UFOs originate from.Government secret black opp technology,(terrestrial)or OFF WORLD technology.ML. B)

For complete details visit here: The English translation of the full Sigma/3AF report can be downloaded in pdf format from this link but can also be viewed before downloading;

LINK;

http://www.openminds.tv/wp-content/uploads/Progress-Rep-Commission-Sigma-3AF-English.pdf

quote;

"A new French report released on May 31, 2010 concluded that UFOs are definitely real and possibly of extraterrestrial origin. While not an official government study, the Progress Report of the Sigma/3AF Commission comes from a highly credible source, the Aeronautical & Astronomical Association of France, known as the 3AF, which established a Commission on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena back in May 2008".

"The Commission?s President is Alain Boudier, a former French Defense attach?, and one of its key members is Jean-Gabriel Gresl?, a former fighter pilot who studied at the U.S. Air Force Academy and later became an airliner pilot with Air France, where he experienced a couple of UFO sightings. Gresl? has published three UFO books in France, including Unidentified Flying Objects: An Airline Pilot Talks (Guy Tr?daniel, 1993)."

maroonlegions

That is immense.

Glad you liked it "JMT",yes, i found it quite memorizing myself, beautiful also sprang to my mind.

maroonlegions

UFO studies should be 'legitimate university subject', claims American professor;

Quote from source;

"The studying of UFOs and other unexplained phenomena from space should be a legitimate university subject, an American professor, Philip Haseley, has claimed.

The New York anthropology professor said the subject should be part of the mainstream as a serious ?area of study?. :thumbsup:

source; http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/ufo/7584331/UFO-studies-should-be-legitimate-university-subject-claims-American-professor.html

Possible research criteria to me would be a thorough class in this subject and would cover the following "PRIMARY" research prerogatives;ML. B)

1) The history of the phenomenon;

2) The most infamous hoaxes;

3) Forensic document analysis;

4) General photo and video analysis;

5) Interviewing and eyewitness skills;

6) Research techniques;

7) Verification of known phenomena and identifying aircraft and weather phenomena;

8)CGI courses, implemented as a "need to pass module".

Just to state a few.ML. B)

Here is a link to a university website, as well as an email address for Philip Haseley;

http://www.niagaracc.suny.edu/academics/social_science/faculty.php

Philip Haseley, Ph.D. - Professor, Anthropology;

Education: Ph.D. & Master of Science, SUNY at Buffalo

Bachelor of Science, SUNY at Geneseo;

Honors: State University Chancellor's Award for Excellence, 1992-93;

National Award for Teaching Excellence 1994;

maroonlegions

watch this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz_C6d6jbhc

superb viewing.

this is part 1 of 9

and this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9N6Drxzst6I

Yes, they are very interstuing "ASSASSIN" seen them before and cheers for posting them.I do remember reading the book below years ago and i found it full of very thought provking perceptions of ancient Extraterrestrial visitations being describe in various historic literatures and cave paintings.

Seen this recent image of our home the Earth and its Moon taken from the "MESSENGER" space craft.A truly awe inspiring photo which show's you how Earth and our moon would looks from any possible distant planets. Just imagine looking up and seeing that mysterious double star in the night sky. Amazing - makes you realise how small we really are, 114 million miles in the terms of space is nothing and yet from there we are a mere speck of dirt. <_<

ML.

41QV1Z5A25L._SS500_.jpg

Snippet from source link;

Date Acquired: May 6, 2010

Image Mission Elapsed Time (MET): 181616382

Instrument: Wide Angle Camera (WAC) of the Mercury Dual Imaging System (MDIS)

WAC Filter: 2 (clear filter)

Field of View: The WAC has a 10.5? field of view

CW0181616382B_RA_3_stretch.png?1282318143

2Of Interest: In the lower left portion of this image, the Earth can be seen, as well as the much smaller Moon to Earth's right. When MESSENGER took this image, a distance of 183 million kilometers (114 million miles) separated the spacecraft and Earth. To provide context for this distance, the average separation between the Earth and the Sun is about 150 million kilometers (93 million miles)". :o

source link; http://messenger.jhuapl.edu/gallery/sciencePhotos/image.php?gallery_id=2&image_id=388

maroonlegions

Here is a much better picture of our earth and moon taken by NASA"S MESSENGER, 114 MILLION MILES AWAY IN SPACE.Small in the grand scale of things eh.

d995cf62b59b.png

maroonlegions

Here is another great image!

353424.jpg

Cool "Hubble" pics"Bigsmark", really puts it into perspective of how small we are eh. :unsure:

maroonlegions

comments on the origins of the 5% of UFOs;

Michio Kaku comments on the core hypothesis whereby 5% of UFO sightings could represent life from somewhere else.He comments on the 5%of unexplainable UFOs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pw13F7ahjY

This interview is kind of a big deal .

In my opinion Kaku has been groomed to be become the ,,hip, mainstream and idiot-proof" scientist he is today, average Joe not interested in science likes him and believes him . Something like Sagan . Agree with him or not, you better pay attention, especially if you believe in so called TPTB, what this dude says shapes the mainstrem perspective on this issue .

I heard him say in the past that sooner or later we will contact ET, well let me link it;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8MmLVSFaCI

We will inevitably make contact with Alien life...get use to it" Is that an order mr. kaku ? <_<

Now he strongly suggests that this 5 % of UFO could be ET.

Now I can't help to see the paradigm shift of possible disclosure happening and baby steps to some revelation . Of course it will be no Obama and David Cameron with his telepromter and alien at his side ... more like scientists saying " microbes on mars/moon/ w/e discovered" some times later ruins, simple life and so on .... . If disclosure exists it's a process not an event .

In a private conversation, Kaku has commented that he thinks the ETH is a probable explanation for some reports. That's quite a statement.

It is the reports from pilots and military peeps, I have always found most interesting. These people are paid and trained to identify the sky and whats in it and should have a better idea than most what constitutes a UFO.

There are lots of genuinely intriguing cases. Colares 1977, the Hudson Valley UFO flap, Belgium Triangle etc and the lesser known cases just add more interest. If you look at the statements from INTERNATIONAL PRESS CONFERENCE, NATIONAL PRESS CLUB, WASHINGTON D.C. November 12, 2007; http://www.freedomofinfo.org/national_press.htm ,there's some credible people and verified incidents.ML. :geek:

MichioKaku_commons.jpg

ACADEMIC BACKGROUND;

Michio Kaku (?? ?? Kaku Michio?) (born January 24, 1947) is an American theoretical physicist specializing in string field theory, and a futurist. He is a popularizer of science, host of two radio programs and a best-selling author;

Kaku currently holds the Henry Semat Chair and Professorship in theoretical physics and a joint appointment at City College of New York[citation needed], and the Graduate Center of the City University of New York, where he has lectured for more than 30 years.[citation needed] Presently, he is engaged in defining the "Theory of Everything", which seeks to unify the four fundamental forces of the universe: the strong force, the weak force, gravity and electromagnetism.

He was a visiting professor at the Institute for Advanced Study in Princeton[citation needed], and New York University.[citation needed] He is a Fellow of the American Physical Society.[citation needed] He is listed in Who's Who in Science and Engineering, and American Men and Women of Science.More ca be found on his academic background by clicking the following link;

source; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michio_Kaku

I would recommend reading these various books by him to get the academic background of this respected American theoretical physicist;

Books

Michio Kaku has written a large range of science books.

Physics of the Impossible;

Physics of the Impossible is an exploration into the science people dream about. Kaku explores things that people think are quite impossible. This book is divided into three sections: Class I, Class II, and Class III, according to the time that the things he talks about might happen.

]Hyperspace

Hyperspace is about the four forces of the universe and higher dimensions.

Parallel Worlds;

Parallel Worlds talks about the possibilities of there being parallel worlds. Kaku also talks about black holes and other frequently asked matters of advanced physics.

Beyond Einstein;

Beyond Einstein is a resource for people wanting to know more about physics. Kaku mostly talks about Einstein and his quest for the Theory of Everything

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b008bsy9/Visions_of_the_Future_The_Quantum_Revolution/

Watched this the other day presented by Michio Kaku, not much to do with UFO's, more to do with Quantum Physics.

If anyone is intrested in Quantum Mechanics here's another good documentry....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70BceXaLWo&p=EE8E69EE2B5C9985&playnext=1&index=13

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b008bsy9/Visions_of_the_Future_The_Quantum_Revolution/

Watched this the other day presented by Michio Kaku, not much to do with UFO's, more to do with Quantum Physics.

If anyone is intrested in Quantum Mechanics here's another good documentry....http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n70BceXaLWo&p=EE8E69EE2B5C9985&playnext=1&index=13

Seen this myself and i really enjoyed it, i really like Michio Kaku, the area of Quantum Mechanics and dare my i add Quantum Physics are the areas of physics to watch. B)

Archived