**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

J.T.F.Robertson
5 hours ago, 151 said:

Really nice trick play by the Titans there to end the half. 

Bengals O-Line have to be the softest bunch of guys to ever play the game. Awful.

Second softest/worst. (Alongside a shitload of other deficiencies)

Our whole organization has become an embarrassment.

Anyhow, only a game. 😭

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

12 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Second softest/worst. (Alongside a shitload of other deficiencies)

Our whole organization has become an embarrassment.

Anyhow, only a game. 😭

How is Canada still in a job??

J.T.F.Robertson
3 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

How is Canada still in a job??

Rooney's are averse to offending anyone? 😉

21 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Rooney's are averse to offending anyone? 😉

has to be the reason, Canada would have had his jotters at any other team in the league

We have a huge issue in that we don't really know if Pickett is good enough to be our QB long term but we don't/won't know until we see him under an OC that isn't Matt Canada, if we wait until next season to change OC then we have the 24 season to see if Pickett progresses and if he doesn't we're suddenly in 2025 looking for a new QB with 2 wasted seasons. Canada needs to go now so the rest of the season allows the new OC to see where the rest of the issues on the offence actually are.

18 hours ago, Ribble said:

has to be the reason, Canada would have had his jotters at any other team in the league

We have a huge issue in that we don't really know if Pickett is good enough to be our QB long term but we don't/won't know until we see him under an OC that isn't Matt Canada, if we wait until next season to change OC then we have the 24 season to see if Pickett progresses and if he doesn't we're suddenly in 2025 looking for a new QB with 2 wasted seasons. Canada needs to go now so the rest of the season allows the new OC to see where the rest of the issues on the offence actually are.

Did you see that Canada created a burner Twitter account using his Steelers email address 😂

26 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Did you see that Canada created a burner Twitter account using his Steelers email address 😂

if it were true it'd effectively be a resignation via Twitter, none of it his fault, blames the OLine, Pickett, Pickens, overall lack of talent, Tomlin and kicker Boswell. 

That said the theory that the account is linked to email [email protected] isn't right, his work email would end in either  @pittsburgh.nfl.com or @steelers.nfl.com 

Edited by Ribble

3 hours ago, Ribble said:

if it were true it'd effectively be a resignation via Twitter, none of it his fault, blames the OLine, Pickett, Pickens, overall lack of talent, Tomlin and kicker Boswell. 

That said the theory that the account is linked to email [email protected] isn't right, his work email would end in either  @pittsburgh.nfl.com or @steelers.nfl.com 

On the Steelers websites, all the contact email addresses are @steelers.com 

57 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

On the Steelers websites, all the contact email addresses are @steelers.com 

Yeah, however seemingly it's a NFL rule that all coaching/playing staff have emails that are @teamname.nfl.com 

44 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Yeah, however seemingly it's a NFL rule that all coaching/playing staff have emails that are @teamname.nfl.com 

Probably easier to re-direct when they get fired, or not in Canada's case 😂

Justin Jefferson going on IR, so at least 4 weeks out. Vikings season feels like it's almost over at 1-4 and missing their best playmaker.

Devin Achane also going to miss a few weeks for the Dolphins with a knee injury, although not yet confirmed whether he'll be going on short term IR. Miami are going to miss his 12 yards per carry average!

Diadora Van Basten

It’s annoying that The NFL show is on at 00.30 on Saturday morning it’s the best show on telly and deserves a decent tv slot.

2 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

It’s annoying that The NFL show is on at 00.30 on Saturday morning it’s the best show on telly and deserves a decent tv slot.

I find Osi and Jason Bell to be extremely irritating. I'll take the US sports without the over the top presenting/punditry thanks very much. 

12 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

I find Osi and Jason Bell to be extremely irritating. I'll take the US sports without the over the top presenting/punditry thanks very much. 

Jason Bell, no amount of Canesten could sure that irritating fud.

Malinga the Swinga
On 12/10/2023 at 07:47, hmfc_liam06 said:

Jason Bell, no amount of Canesten could sure that irritating fud.

I actually like them both. They're knowledgeable, they are entertaining and they call it straight.

Malinga the Swinga
On 15/10/2023 at 21:10, ri Alban said:

Washington having a weird season. I'm confident we can win and lose against anyone.

We can excel in 1 half and be dreadful in the other but that was a good defensive effort in the second half last night.

4 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

We can excel in 1 half and be dreadful in the other but that was a good defensive effort in the second half last night.

👍

luckyBatistuta
On 15/10/2023 at 21:10, ri Alban said:

Washington having a weird season. I'm confident we can win and lose against anyone.

So what’s your thoughts on Howell so far bud. He’s taking some needless sacks, but he’s still at a very early learning stage in the NFL. I personally think he’s been better than expected. When the real pressure has been on late in games, he’s stepped up on more than one occasion. You definitely need to get him more protection in next years draft. We ruined Luck by making that mistake.

57 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

So what’s your thoughts on Howell so far bud. He’s taking some needless sacks, but he’s still at a very early learning stage in the NFL. I personally think he’s been better than expected. When the real pressure has been on late in games, he’s stepped up on more than one occasion. You definitely need to get him more protection in next years draft. We ruined Luck by making that mistake.

Doesn't look like you're protecting Richardson much now either :lol:

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Doesn't look like you're protecting Richardson much now either :lol:

Exactly, but are we surprised. So badly run.

4 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I think he needs Chase Young or Montez Sweat to be moved into the Oline to protect him. :D He'll be OK, unless he gets put out the game with injury. (Our luck)

6 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

With Zach Wilson at QB🤣

:rofl: I can't believe we lost to the Eagles. The Colts have the same inconsistencies as the commanders. But like us, I think you'll become a contender in the next few seasons with more experience.

18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

:rofl: I can't believe we lost to the Eagles. The Colts have the same inconsistencies as the commanders. But like us, I think you'll become a contender in the next few seasons with more experience.

As a Vikings fan, not missed a game in a decade. Wasn't impressed withe Eagles nor the Chiefs. If you can stop the Eagles run game then they are very much beatable. Expecting the 49er's to do a job on us Monday but should be missing Deebo and CMC so anythings possible.

Just now, Day@theraces said:

As a Vikings fan, not missed a game in a decade. Wasn't impressed withe Eagles nor the Chiefs. If you can stop the Eagles run game then they are very much beatable. Expecting the 49er's to do a job on us Monday but should be missing Deebo and CMC so anythings possible.

49ers looking like champions. 

Should have known better than to stay up and watch Tua throw an interception at a crucial time. 🤦‍♂️

Mind you, Miami really make it hard for themselves with constant penalties. 😡

What's the point. Lose to a shite Bears and now a shite GMen. Season over. 

At least change the name and give us some good news this year. 

Shocker from the Lions yesterday. Just so bad both sides of the ball. But credit to the Ravens, they were the complete opposite, their new OC is certainly getting more out of Lamar as a passer.

6 hours ago, neilnunb said:

Should have known better than to stay up and watch Tua throw an interception at a crucial time. 🤦‍♂️

A load of injuries and managed to make a game of it. Really need to see a top team go to Miami to get a good idea of where the Dolphins are.

The penalties need sorted. 

8 hours ago, neilnunb said:

0 penalties on the Eagles all game...which was BS. Need to clear up our own penalties, but so many missed ones by the refs on then.

I was expecting a loss last night, so not too surprised, especially when we lost more players to injury, 3 backup OL and Waddle hobbled...was going to be hard to win that game. Pats and Chiefs next two are the important conference games we need to turn up for.

Seems to be a massive amount of injuries just now.  Not sure if something has changed, or I am just getting more interested in NFL.

Certainly the Bills seems pretty screwed with injuries just now, and not just missing a week or 2 injuries, but long term. Add that to the chat of the dolphins above and its looking like who has the best back ups for the win.

Might mean its an exciting season as who knows who the fek is gonna win anything this year.

The Dolphins have been chosen to be this year in-season Hard Knocks team.

Plenty of storylines to follow, along with the quirkiness of McDaniel, will probably make them an interesting watch. As a Dolphins fan though, I would have preferred they weren't the featured team...although I will be a hypocrite and watch!

1 hour ago, benny said:

Vikings have made the best start i have seen in any team for years.

And would you believe it, they're winning against the 49ers. :rofl:

On 22/10/2023 at 17:42, ri Alban said:

49ers looking like champions. 

Vikings play down or up to there opponents, always close win or lose bar the odd game.

I honestly can't make my mind up as to who the top dogs in the NFL are.

They are far less explosive this year but it's still likely the Chiefs. This is the best D Mahomes has had behind him.

Eagles close behind, then the Niners. But then they go lose to Jets and Vikings...

Sadly I think the Dolphins and Lions are still a year away from being a legit contender.

luckyBatistuta
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

They are far less explosive this year but it's still likely the Chiefs. This is the best D Mahomes has had behind him.

Eagles close behind, then the Niners. But then they go lose to Jets and Vikings...

Sadly I think the Dolphins and Lions are still a year away from being a legit contender.

Playoffs are shaping up to be cracking. So many teams that could win it this year. Absolute shocker from your lot at the weekend, but still think they have a decent shout at it. When they’re on form, they’ve looked really good.

22 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Keep my teams name out of your mouth!