**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

Nucky Thompson
6 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Five international matchups have been announced by the NFL, with my Dolphins playing the Chief in Frankfurt, which should be a cracking game.

Week 4: Falcons vs. Jaguars at Wembley 

Week 5: Jaguars vs. Bills at Tottenham 

Week 6: Ravens vs Titans at Tottenham

Week 9: Dolphins vs. Chiefs in Frankfurt

Week 10: Colts vs. Patriots in Frankfurt

Frankfurt has a huge NFL fanbase.

The Galaxy would get 60k regularly in NFL Europe 

Tickets will be like gold dust 

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

luckyBatistuta

LAS VEGAS -- Ex-Las Vegas Raiders player Henry Ruggs pleaded guilty on Wednesday to driving his sports car drunk at speeds up to 156 mph on a city street before causing a fiery crash that killed a woman and her dog.

"Guilty," said the former first-round NFL draft pick, 24, who will avoid trial and is expected to be sentenced Aug. 9 to three to 10 years in state prison under terms of his plea deal with prosecutors. The minimum three-year sentence cannot be reduced by converting the year and a half that he has spent on house arrest to time already served.

Police reported that air bag computer records showed Ruggs' 2020 Chevrolet Corvette slowed slightly from 156 mph (251 kph) to 127 mph (204 kph) seconds before slamming into Tintor's Toyota Rav 4. The speed limit in the area was 45 mph (72 kph).

Ruggs' attorneys last week called the plea agreement a "first step toward a fair resolution to this matter" and "closure for all parties involved."

A fair resolution to the matter, don’t think the family of the deceased are getting that. This scumbag should be rotting in a cell for a very very long time.

Edited by luckyBatistuta

Placid Casual
19 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Five international matchups have been announced by the NFL, with my Dolphins playing the Chief in Frankfurt, which should be a cracking game.

It helps that the Jaguars have a decent team now, makes for much better match-ups. Hoping to go to Jags-Bills as my mate is Bills daft and is likely to get tickets no problem.

22 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Been to a few before and really enjoyed them but i'll wait until either the steelers land one as an away team or maybe as far away as 2030 when they'll be forced to give up a home fixture. Lease on Heinz Field doesn't allow them to not play a home game there but a new lease could be agreed sooner which would no doubt have to include the NFL rule of having an international home game at least once every 8 years, that said the Steelers have a huge mexican fanbase so they'll likely opt for a mexico city game when they do have to host an international game.

Probably just going to have to go to Pittsburgh to see them if i'm honest

J.T.F.Robertson
14 hours ago, Ribble said:

Been to a few before and really enjoyed them but i'll wait until either the steelers land one as an away team or maybe as far away as 2030 when they'll be forced to give up a home fixture. Lease on Heinz Field doesn't allow them to not play a home game there but a new lease could be agreed sooner which would no doubt have to include the NFL rule of having an international home game at least once every 8 years, that said the Steelers have a huge mexican fanbase so they'll likely opt for a mexico city game when they do have to host an international game.

Probably just going to have to go to Pittsburgh to see them if i'm honest

Do it! Been down for three games, win or lose you'll love it.

Great city and game weekend it's purely black and gold.

Here we go ..... 

Malinga the Swinga

Looks like Commanders being sold by Snyder to group involving Magic Johnson.

Thank goodness Snyder is going.

Placid Casual
On 12/05/2023 at 21:49, Malinga the Swinga said:

Looks like Commanders being sold by Snyder to group involving Magic Johnson.

Thank goodness Snyder is going.

I wonder if there is any appetite to change the name again? Commanders is horrendous.

• 1 month later...

I've just had notification that the NFL Gamepass access/app is moving to DAZN from 1st August.

I've been happy with Gamepass the last few years, after some initial teething problems, and it's been reasonable price wise, but does anyone have experience of the DAZN app and if it's any good?

I also notice that they say they're "giving" me my access next season at the same price which, in usual corporate double-speak, just means that it's going to have a price jump the following season, likely a substantial one!

Edited by PortyJambo

J.T.F.Robertson
6 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

I've just had notification that the NFL Gamepass access/app is moving to DAZN from 1st August.

I've been happy with Gamepass the last few years, after some initial teething problems, and it's been reasonable price wise, but does anyone have experience of the DAZN app and if it's any good?

I also notice that they say they're "giving" me my access next season at the same price which, in usual corporate double-speak, just means that it's going to have a price jump the following season, likely a substantial one!

I've had DAZN (in Canada, right enough) a few years and rarely had any problem with it, think it costs me around US$120 / year.

I have it only really for the NFL and could cancel during the off-season and re-join in September but since I have mair money than sense, I can't be ersed.  ;)

Have an app for all the football so don't need it for any of that.

22 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

Was that via email? I haven’t seen anything yet but will keep an eye out. 

Would agree that Gamepass has been more reliable last couple of years.

2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Was that via email? I haven’t seen anything yet but will keep an eye out. 

Would agree that Gamepass has been more reliable last couple of years.

Yeah, got an email yesterday. Checked the website out after getting it too, and there's an announcement about it moving to DAZN.

Does anyone know of any paid fantasy leagues I can enter this year? Got into a few on draftkings already but wondering if there’s any other options people know about? Got right into the fantasy scene the last few seasons yet only ever played on draftkings where it’s offensive players only and automatic substitutions etc. Looking for something a bit more in depth this year

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Anyone watched the new documentary on Netflix yet about Patrick Mahomes and if so is it any good.

Watched first episode last night. Seemed like it'll be quite good. It follows Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota.

Diadora Van Basten
9 minutes ago, 151 said:

Watched first episode last night. Seemed like it'll be quite good. It follows Mahomes, Cousins and Mariota.

I watched the first episode last night as well thought it was superb especially the bit about Mahomes and the Condor.

luckyBatistuta
16 hours ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Anyone watched the new documentary on Netflix yet about Patrick Mahomes and if so is it any good.

Just starting episode 5, really enjoying it so far. Think I’m actually going to be rooting a little bit for Cousins and the Vikings this season🤪 He comes across as a nice down to earth guy and also a seriously dedicated and focused QB.

Diadora Van Basten
9 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Just starting episode 5, really enjoying it so far. Think I’m actually going to be rooting a little bit for Cousins and the Vikings this season🤪 He comes across as a nice down to earth guy and also a seriously dedicated and focused QB.

Yes the Vikings always cruise to the playoffs then do nothing when they get there.

luckyBatistuta
3 minutes ago, Diadora Van Basten said:

Yes the Vikings always cruise to the playoffs then do nothing when they get there.

I’d just like the Colts to get to the playoffs, not convinced Richardson is the man😬

Just now, luckyBatistuta said:

Should have known :lol:

:thumb: 

I can’t wait to get let down again by Washington.  

luckyBatistuta
Just now, ri Alban said:

:thumb: 

I can’t wait to get let down again by Washington.  

Howell gonna light it up 🔥 

On 12/07/2023 at 19:14, Diadora Van Basten said:

Incredible television. Enjoyed all of the episodes. Everything about Mahomes has that special athlete kind of feel that you see from elite competitors.

Diadora Van Basten
On 18/07/2023 at 03:36, Mort said:

Incredible television. Enjoyed all of the episodes. Everything about Mahomes has that special athlete kind of feel that you see from elite competitors.

I finished watching yesterday and thought it was incredible in particular watching Mahomes fly in the wall. It was incredibly inspiring and what surprised me is that he didn’t seem particularly remarkable. He was  a talented athlete and totally committed to being the best he can but also being a good family man and teammate. I would imagine there are many athletes with these qualities but it’s how he deals with adversity and the respect he has for his opponents that sets him apart. At the end there was a moment when he is getting a pic taken after the Superbowl with someone who looks a lot like him and I am guessing is his brother but what sets them apart is the drive and determination of Mahomes. I kind of wish I had seen that programme when I was 16 or 17 as I was a bit less Mahomes and more like Moriota then. Also shows the need to have the correct people around you and Andy Reed in particular is the perfect coach for him.

luckyBatistuta

Giants signing James Robinson😱 never saw that coming. Very strange decision from the Giants, who also just drafted Eric Gray. Is this the end of Saquon in NY, or them trying to force his hand. No matter what they’re up to, it’s a very unexpected move. Robinson just got binned by the Patriots after signing a contract with them.

New Town Loafer

Never been a fan of this as I thought it was stop-start pish.

Just started watching Quarterback on Netflix, however, and it’s a well-made programme.

15 hours ago, New Town Loafer said:

Never been a fan of this as I thought it was stop-start pish.

Just started watching Quarterback on Netflix, however, and it’s a well-made programme.

It's a superb sport when you get into it. Try watching Redzone on a Sunday night when the season starts, it'll give you a flavour of what it's about 

New Town Loafer
3 minutes ago, Kendoll said:

It's a superb sport when you get into it. Try watching Redzone on a Sunday night when the season starts, it'll give you a flavour of what it's about 

Will give it a go, mate 👍

Downloaded Madden and it’s a class game haha.

• 2 weeks later...
luckyBatistuta

Anyone having problems accessing this new DAZN app for the NFL. I’ve paid for a full year’s subscription, but can’t get on the app on any of AFTV boxes in my house, all saying that it’s not available in my country. I’ve had a little look online and seen similar problems and some stating you need a VPN (and only 2 work🤪) Tried contacting them and so far a waste of time. Paid £150 and can’t even watch anything as the old NFL Gamepass app has stopped working now. 

1 hour ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Anyone having problems accessing this new DAZN app for the NFL. I’ve paid for a full year’s subscription, but can’t get on the app on any of AFTV boxes in my house, all saying that it’s not available in my country. I’ve had a little look online and seen similar problems and some stating you need a VPN (and only 2 work🤪) Tried contacting them and so far a waste of time. Paid £150 and can’t even watch anything as the old NFL Gamepass app has stopped working now. 

I just tried it via the website rather than the app, and seems to be working for me, although that's just watching NFL Network on it rather than a live game. Considering the issues there were with NFL Gamepass when it first started, I'm not that surprised that DAZN may be having issues. 

luckyBatistuta
5 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I just tried it via the website rather than the app, and seems to be working for me, although that's just watching NFL Network on it rather than a live game. Considering the issues there were with NFL Gamepass when it first started, I'm not that surprised that DAZN may be having issues. 

I’m getting it on the app on my phone now, but still not on website. Apps on all my AFTV are still saying Not Available In My Country. Cheers PJ👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/07/2023 at 06:28, New Town Loafer said:

Watched it over the weekend and in all honesty I found myself getting annoyed. Not because of any of the three QB's but it got me thinking about the footballers that we chuck cash at through the FOH and our season tickets, watching the amount of stuff the Quarterbacks do outside of the training provided by the team whether thats Mahomes with his PT or Cousins having a chiropractor do home visits twice a week or the brain training he does, it just made me annoyed knowing that very few of the guys we support week in week out at Hearts would even contemplate doing things like that to make themselves better.

On 15/08/2023 at 15:22, Ribble said:

Watched it over the weekend and in all honesty I found myself getting annoyed. Not because of any of the three QB's but it got me thinking about the footballers that we chuck cash at through the FOH and our season tickets, watching the amount of stuff the Quarterbacks do outside of the training provided by the team whether thats Mahomes with his PT or Cousins having a chiropractor do home visits twice a week or the brain training he does, it just made me annoyed knowing that very few of the guys we support week in week out at Hearts would even contemplate doing things like that to make themselves better.

I get you, and have said similar in the past. For example if a player puts 4 crosses straight into the keepers hands or fails to beat the first man every time, if that was me I'd be in training every single day putting it right. Don't think or boys will really care tbh.

But to be honest, these QB's are getting like £50m over 18 or 21 games depending on how deep they get into the playoffs. The pressure is different isn't it. 

9 minutes ago, 151 said:

I get you, and have said similar in the past. For example if a player puts 4 crosses straight into the keepers hands or fails to beat the first man every time, if that was me I'd be in training every single day putting it right. Don't think or boys will really care tbh.

But to be honest, these QB's are getting like £50m over 18 or 21 games depending on how deep they get into the playoffs. The pressure is different isn't it. 

I get that but I just get the feeling that it's just a mindset that we don;t see enough of in football, be that at Hearts or elsewhere. Remember Ronaldo being hounded out of Man United because the squad didn't like that he wanted improvements to things like the nutritional value of food served at team meals? The likes of him and Ibra who try and give themselves every advantage possible are the exceptions rather than the rule, players want the cars, the watches and the huge houses but aren't willing to cut out takeaways and booze. 

8 hours ago, Ribble said:

I get that but I just get the feeling that it's just a mindset that we don;t see enough of in football, be that at Hearts or elsewhere. Remember Ronaldo being hounded out of Man United because the squad didn't like that he wanted improvements to things like the nutritional value of food served at team meals? The likes of him and Ibra who try and give themselves every advantage possible are the exceptions rather than the rule, players want the cars, the watches and the huge houses but aren't willing to cut out takeaways and booze. 

100%. 

The mentality here is just to get training out the way I think. Not for all but definitely feels like some would look at it that way. 

• 2 weeks later...
luckyBatistuta

Trey Lance traded to the Dallas Cowboys, I don’t get it🤷🏼‍♂️

Either they’ve lost faith in Dak, or they want to try and put the final nail in Lance career coffin.

The way the 49ers have handled him since drafting him is an absolute joke.

Desmond King to the Steelers, decent CB that will provide cover/push for starts

Really liking how Steelers are looking like lining up this season, AFC North going to be some division this season!!

J.T.F.Robertson
On 31/08/2023 at 03:35, Ribble said:

Desmond King to the Steelers, decent CB that will provide cover/push for starts

Really liking how Steelers are looking like lining up this season, AFC North going to be some division this season!!

O-line has been improved, Warren looks handy, "D" should be more than decent. "Only" need Kenny P to keep progressing and Lombardi's your uncle.

The long wait is almost over with the 2023 NFL season starting tonight with the Chiefs playing the Lions. 

I've always had a soft spot for the Lions since loving to watch Barry Sanders play in the 90's but, even though they should have a chance at making the playoffs this season and maybe even a division crown, I can't see them beating the Chiefs.

Should be a good game to kick it all off though.

Christ the off-season seems to fly by, once the post season depression ends. Finally got onto College football last year. Helps some of the games are on YouTube. That Colorado - TCU game was a good watch. Coach prime getting it done. Just need to find a college team to attached too that will break my heart on a yearly basis like the Vikings do.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, Day@theraces said:

Christ the off-season seems to fly by, once the post season depression ends. Finally got onto College football last year. Helps some of the games are on YouTube. That Colorado - TCU game was a good watch. Coach prime getting it done. Just need to find a college team to attached too that will break my heart on a yearly basis like the Vikings do.

This is the way…

giphy.gif

Regardless of the outcome here, we look legit this season! Hopefully on the way to a good year, playoffs have to be the minimum expectation.

17 hours ago, PortyJambo said:

The long wait is almost over with the 2023 NFL season starting tonight with the Chiefs playing the Lions. 

I've always had a soft spot for the Lions since loving to watch Barry Sanders play in the 90's but, even though they should have a chance at making the playoffs this season and maybe even a division crown, I can't see them beating the Chiefs.

Should be a good game to kick it all off though.

Up ye!