**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

luckyBatistuta
19 minutes ago, That thing you do said:

Hadn’t seen this, that’s awful. You just don’t think of trouble like this at the NFL, but sadly have seen quite a few of these fights breaking out in recent years😞

• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

1 hour ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Just finished Quarterback. My word…the various plays they have the learn, wtf?

Cannae stick with it. Mahomes is too much of a gimp. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 hour ago, Sooperstar said:

Cannae stick with it. Mahomes is too much of a gimp. 

He’s absolutely elite though tbf. Like, the best of the best 

9 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s absolutely elite though tbf. Like, the best of the best 

I can see him being elite on a Sunday night without having to listen to his slavering pish. 

Denver have no defence though. Sean Payton going 0-3. 

I’d take him back to the Saints. 

I hope the injury to Carr isn’t bad. He’s been solid so far and certainly safer than Winston

6 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

I've got Achane on my bench in fantasy. Thankfully I have Mostert in my starting line up. 

I'm the same, never thought both of them would put up such big numbers! Not that I would probably have started Achane anyway.

4 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I'm the same, never thought both of them would put up such big numbers! Not that I would probably have started Achane anyway.

I'm playing you in that game so glad you never put both in. You'll likely still win though. 

I was between Achane and Brandon Johnson once Waddle was ruled out. Brandon Johnson has 2 points. 

Diadora Van Basten
On 24/09/2023 at 21:26, Malinga the Swinga said:

Looks like officials have Colts win on bookies slip. Ravens cheated by clear interference call being ignored. Just plain cheating 

It was an awful decision on the back of a dropped easy catch both of which would have set up game winning field goals.

On 27/09/2023 at 21:19, neilnunb said:

Usher doing the Superbowl half-time show. Might get a wee nap in personally.

This. 

Problem is if you nap on the superbowl you'll likely miss the rest of the game. 

I've never managed to stick it out for a Superbowl.

Every year folk complain about the half time act. Honestly, who gives a ****? Go watch Glastonbury if you want to watch a live gig.

PS hello Packers fans 👋

(I reserve the right to retract that if they come back from this).

luckyBatistuta
On 29/09/2023 at 03:38, hmfc_liam06 said:

The officiating in this game is an utter disgrace.

Seem to be saying this after way too many games these days. A great win and statement from the Lions. Some performance by Montgomery, although I don’t get why they gave him over 30 touches. It seemed a bit silly really. The game was over and still feeding him. Just came back from an injury and a long season ahead.

Montgomery must have scored some amount of fantasy points for his managers also…if they played him

giphy.gif

3 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Seem to be saying this after way too many games these days. A great win and statement from the Lions. Some performance by Montgomery, although I don’t get why they gave him over 30 touches. It seemed a bit silly really. The game was over and still feeding him. Just came back from an injury and a long season ahead.

Montgomery must have scored some amount of fantasy points for his managers also…if they played him

giphy.gif

You can somewhat accept a bad flag but the one they let go when the clock struck zero, it’s hard to think anything other than cheating.

Ha, yeah bad call but I’d make it 10/10, I thought he’d be eased back in with a split work load at best. 0-4 for me. I’m always horrendous in that league, total opposite to the dynasty.

luckyBatistuta
2 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

You can somewhat accept a bad flag but the one they let go when the clock struck zero, it’s hard to think anything other than cheating.

Ha, yeah bad call but I’d make it 10/10, I thought he’d be eased back in with a split work load at best. 0-4 for me. I’m always horrendous in that league, total opposite to the dynasty.

I watched it, but can’t remember them all, memory is shockingly bad. The Kalif Raymond one by Darnel Savage is blatant PI. Savage never looks back and puts his arm around his neck stopping him from making an easy catch. No idea how you can’t call that.

Tbf, don’t think I’d have played him either.

Jameson back soon, wonder how much difference that will make. He was supposedly suffering from drops in practice, but so was J’Marr Chase in training camp at first. If he plays to his potential, the Lions definitely have a serious shot to make the Super Bowl. You’ll probably not agree, as you’ll be too scared to say it and jinx them🤣

Honestly wouldn’t mind seeing them pull it off.

47 minutes ago, luckyBatistuta said:

I watched it, but can’t remember them all, memory is shockingly bad. The Kalif Raymond one by Darnel Savage is blatant PI. Savage never looks back and puts his arm around his neck stopping him from making an easy catch. No idea how you can’t call that.

Tbf, don’t think I’d have played him either.

Jameson back soon, wonder how much difference that will make. He was supposedly suffering from drops in practice, but so was J’Marr Chase in training camp at first. If he plays to his potential, the Lions definitely have a serious shot to make the Super Bowl. You’ll probably not agree, as you’ll be too scared to say it and jinx them🤣

Honestly wouldn’t mind seeing them pull it off.

I wonder them shortening his suspension is their apology for the calls on Thursday 😂

the falcons QB is having a nightmare just now, last two plays, two interceptions. one led directly to a TD the other just gave the jags possession 

Really nice trick play by the Titans there to end the half. 

Bengals O-Line have to be the softest bunch of guys to ever play the game. Awful.

52 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

Dolphins need to spend a whole week working on snaps. Highs and lows every week. 

Backup center who was a guard this week, but the starting center had a few too in the other games

14 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Time to switch off me thinks.

😡

I never switch off, but it's getting to be a hard watch. Losing to the Bills in Buffalo isn't the end of the world, but would like to see them do better in the 2nd half

11 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

I never switch off, but it's getting to be a hard watch. Losing to the Bills in Buffalo isn't the end of the world, but would like to see them do better in the 2nd half

Well, when I say 'switch off' I really mean it's more of a background noise and I'm only paying a bit attention...that way I can get excited again if they turn things around 😁