Jump to content

**The NFL Thread**


Sterling Archer

Recommended Posts

ri Alban
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Nah. Rams/Packers IMO. With the Cards as an outside bet. 

 

It remains quite incredible that both Dallas and Washington are on such enormous droughts in even reaching the Championship Game. That has to end at some point to be fair.

 

The AFC - KC, Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland - is where it's at though. Dolphins might win it all not this year, but next I think.

The Dolphins will be very very close this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sterling Archer

    5848

  • Larry

    3411

  • Lt.Speirs

    2303

  • Peebo

    2136

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was wondering   Accidentally post in here instead of your google search bar?

Posted Images

ri Alban
1 hour ago, shaun.lawson said:

 

Nah. Rams/Packers IMO. With the Cards as an outside bet. 

 

It remains quite incredible that both Dallas and Washington are on such enormous droughts in even reaching the Championship Game. That has to end at some point to be fair.

 

The AFC - KC, Buffalo, Miami, Cleveland - is where it's at though. Dolphins might win it all not this year, but next I think.

The Dolphins will be very very close this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

The Dolphins will be very very close this year. 

Think it all depends on how Tua does or if they use their wealth of draft picks to shake things up a bit. Not sure Brissett is the answer either. But definitely an improving team and one to watch. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Draft this week- any major moves up the board predicted?  Can see the Panthers dropping down to accommodate a move up, now we have Darnold, to get back some picks as a part of that deal. Lawrence aside, will be interesting to see the order the other QBs go.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, Pagey said:

Draft this week- any major moves up the board predicted?  Can see the Panthers dropping down to accommodate a move up, now we have Darnold, to get back some picks as a part of that deal. Lawrence aside, will be interesting to see the order the other QBs go.

 

It appears a lot of teams want to move back, but the issue is, who will want to make the move up?

 

QB's will go top 4 I reckon. 3 are already pretty much set, Atalanta hold the aces for the 4th. They themselves might take one as a successor to Ryan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

With all the players that opted out due to Covid last season, together with no Combine and no player visits, I reckon there'll be plenty of surprises this draft. Some fairly unknown players going higher than expected, and others dropping a lot lower than expected.

 

That will probably continue into the season too, with plenty of busts and quite a few low picks being a lot better than expected.

 

A lot of teams are probably looking to trade down and add picks in future years rather than take a chance on some players that they won't have been able to see playing so much as usual.

Edited by PortyJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Well the draft tonight. Haven’t paid as much attention due to lack of combine etc.

 

Looks like will be a number of QB’s selected earlier with top 3 picks all looking like QB.

 

No predictions other that Lawrence goes No1 and the Raiders making a reach with their pick😞

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06

Lions are going to be in an interesting position.

 

We're pretty much guaranteed one of Pitts, Sewell, Parsons or Chase.

Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

"It's the most wonderful time of the year"

 

What player presents are you hoping your team unwrap for you early tomorrow morning?

 

I'm hoping the Phins take DeVonta Smith at #6. Would be happy with Pitts too. Sewell I could live with, but really want a top receiver (have Chase 3rd on my list behind Smith/Waddle though). We should be guaranteed a good player one way or another though.

 

At #18, I'm not too fussed, would most prefer them to trade back a few spots and then pick Najee Harris before Steelers/Bills/Jets (who all might be looking at a RB). But would be happy with Collins, Paye or Parsons (if he falls that low) there. Or just taking Harris at #18 and be done with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Tho I'd like the Redwolves or Redhawks, The Washington(DC) Football Team has actually grown on me, and I wouldn't mind if it became permanent. 

 

 

Gonnae rumble this NFC next season. Only thing that may stop us is Dallas(And the bloody Giants) 3 teams from the Mighty East. 

Edited by ri Alban
Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Well the Raiders, in traditional fashion, make what seems like a massive reach in Leatherman. Didn’t even trade back for a player who wasn’t going to anyone else in Rd1. 
 

The whole strategy of creating needs on the offensive side of the ball whilst having, arguably, the worst defense in league. Gruden should be emptied for putting that defensive unit together, 

 

I really don’t know who I feel is more incompetent head coach Gruden or Neilson. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Surprised Harris was still there for the Steelers, happy with that!

Edited by Ribble
Link to post
Share on other sites

Pleased with Horn for the Panthers, like the way Coach Rhule is talking about him fitting in. Now for the OL with the next couple of picks in R2 and 3. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Well the Raiders, in traditional fashion, make what seems like a massive reach in Leatherman. Didn’t even trade back for a player who wasn’t going to anyone else in Rd1. 
 

The whole strategy of creating needs on the offensive side of the ball whilst having, arguably, the worst defense in league. Gruden should be emptied for putting that defensive unit together, 

 

I really don’t know who I feel is more incompetent head coach Gruden or Neilson. 

 

Maybe switch them over. A hearts LVR tie in 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

Happy with Waddle and Phillips for Miami. Not the players I wanted, but position-wise they are, so hopeful with them. Waddle adds a lot of speed at WR along with Fuller, and Phillips is probably the best pass rusher in this draft...if he can stay injury free. Wish we could have found a way to trade back into the 1st round for Harris or Etienne, but hopefully we can get a RB in rounds 2 or 3.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Happy with Waddle and Phillips for Miami. Not the players I wanted, but position-wise they are, so hopeful with them. Waddle adds a lot of speed at WR along with Fuller, and Phillips is probably the best pass rusher in this draft...if he can stay injury free. Wish we could have found a way to trade back into the 1st round for Harris or Etienne, but hopefully we can get a RB in rounds 2 or 3.

We need a RB and a quality one but our offence now 😍😍 if everyone stays fit its a proper offence. Bit of everything , Parker , Fuller V , Waddle , Williams and Gesicki as a 5th WR is brutal , playmaking and fast...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Ribble

Hoping the Steelers have gambled on a OL target dropping to the third after taking a TE Pat Freiermuth in the 2nd, certainly addressing ‘physicality’ on the offence with Harris and a 6’4, 250lb blocking TE, just really need to go with a centre and a corner with the next couple of picks (ideally creed or Quinn at centre)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Jets getting the positions right....the players ?

 

Got the QB, WR AND AN OL.....gave up a little so defensive picks will be vital over the next 2 choices at least

 

However the 3 selected are all first round picks with many

 

Just how lucky and skilled can you now get lower down ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Pagey

Happy with the Panthers manoeuvring altho was struggling to keep track of the trades and new positions. Essentially we have got back the trades for Darnold and got an "extra" player last night with picks today too. See what the coaches can do with it all as been a good free agency and draft so far. See what a decent GM can do!! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
ri Alban

Good luck getting past the WFT's D next season. :rofl:A world of pain for all. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
No Idle Talk
On 30/04/2021 at 14:28, hmfc_liam06 said:

Delighted with Sewell. Our OL is looking scary good.

 

On paper it looks like a top ten offensive line to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
3 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

 

On paper it looks like a top ten offensive line to me.

 

Yeah at least. Hoping for big things from Swift this year.

 

Loving our draft picks, all 6 look like starters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LondonJambo1985

Anyone got any recommendations on the best NFL podcast to be listening to? Looking for something that covers all games/players/stats etc but is also a laugh to listen to. Knowledgable but enjoyable is what I’m looking for. Any tips? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
hmfc_liam06
11 hours ago, LondonJambo1985 said:

Anyone got any recommendations on the best NFL podcast to be listening to? Looking for something that covers all games/players/stats etc but is also a laugh to listen to. Knowledgable but enjoyable is what I’m looking for. Any tips? 

 

Around the NFL podcast.

Link to post
Share on other sites
LondonJambo1985
9 hours ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

 

Around the NFL podcast.

Cheers!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ

Tim Tebow is back in the NFL, with Jags. Praise the Lord.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/05/2021 at 20:06, Lord BJ said:

Tim Tebow is back in the NFL, with Jags. Praise the Lord.

The Jags may prove to be an even bigger shambles than the Texans this season. Again. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Lord BJ
4 hours ago, Peebo said:

The Jags may prove to be an even bigger shambles than the Texans this season. Again. 


He’s 33 and is going to play at TE, a position he hasn’t played at any level. I don’t get, though he will understand Meyer system in principal as he was under him at college.

 

Its hard to see it much past a minor publicity stunt.

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
On 13/05/2021 at 04:58, ri Alban said:

Colt Brennan has died, aged only 37. 

A troubled life. It must hit some of these guys really hard to go from the being The Guy who everyone loves and wants to be around, to being the guy that never made it and folk aren’t interested in anymore.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...