• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

willie wallace
3 hours ago, neilnunb said:

What's the crowd split going to be on Sunday? Will the Chiefs have any there or total home advantage for TB?

There will be a capacity of 22000 of which 7500 will be heath care workers who will get free entrance.

The balance it reserved for fans who had already bought tickets.

No doubt sponsors and  the likes will snap up most of them.

Hard to believe this is the first time  a Superbowl team will have home advantage and the can't go to the game.

11 minutes ago, willie wallace said:

There will be a capacity of 22000 of which 7500 will be heath care workers who will get free entrance.

The balance it reserved for fans who had already bought tickets.

No doubt sponsors and  the likes will snap up most of them.

Hard to believe this is the first time  a Superbowl team will have home advantage and the can't go to the game.

👍

Game day fellas! My first Super Bowl and pretty excited for it. Hoping for a KC and Mahomes masterclass.

Anyone know of any takeaways/restaurants in Edinburgh who might do any special Super Bowl deals?

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Game day fellas! My first Super Bowl and pretty excited for it. Hoping for a KC and Mahomes masterclass.

Anyone know of any takeaways/restaurants in Edinburgh who might do any special Super Bowl deals?

My first Super Bowl supporting the Chiefs tonight Locky, c'mon the baby GOAT.

My suggestion is that there used to be a chip shop in Ferniehill called 'The Supper Bowl'.  Give them a call and chance your arm.

1 hour ago, Locky said:

Not a takeaway but Morrisons are/were doing a superbowl pack with booze & snacks

Already in the hoose:

Hot dogs, hot dog rolls, fresh onion, tomato ketchup, american mustard, tortilla chips, guacamole, tomato relish, sour cream&chive dip, honey&mustard dip, ice cream, reese's pieces cups, bevvy, crudites (the only nod to me being an urban European)

:yas:

Probably hoping for the Chiefs to win but just hoping its a great game.

The great thing about working from home is not needing to get up until 8:55am tomorrow morning. Should give me just enough time to get the laptop ready.

😁

On 03/02/2021 at 03:19, CloustonHMFC said:

If they played it like a normal game with normal rules I'd be completely behind but it sucks in its current format and is a waste of time for all involved.

How's the current format different? As you say it would be pointless enough with one team of over-hyped millionaires playing another but different rules?

What IS the format anyway? AFC v NFC?

Just noticed the season awards that came out last night, yet again just a game of favourites and nothing to do with numbers put up for DPOY.

Donald is a great player and had a fantastic season but only beats TJ Watt on forced fumbles with Watt better on everything else, sacks, tackles, qb hits and tackles for loss amongst others despite playing a game less. 

Edited by Ribble

1 hour ago, Cade said:

Already in the hoose:

Hot dogs, hot dog rolls, fresh onion, tomato ketchup, american mustard, tortilla chips, guacamole, tomato relish, sour cream&chive dip, honey&mustard dip, ice cream, reese's pieces cups, bevvy, crudites (the only nod to me being an urban European)

:yas:

Nice! I've not long pulled my home made pretzels out the over. Buffalo sauce prepped for the wings. 

Got to love Super Bowl scran!

20 minutes ago, Boof said:

How's the current format different? As you say it would be pointless enough with one team of over-hyped millionaires playing another but different rules?

What IS the format anyway? AFC v NFC?

They have a bunch of different rules,  plus a gentleman's agreement of no tackling, in the ProBowl which is what makes it pointless for me.

It is AFC v NFC, yes.

Who is everyone rooting for?

I just want a good game, I'm indifferent to the actual winner though.

Mahomes v Brady is a tasty affair.

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

They have a bunch of different rules,  plus a gentleman's agreement of no tackling, in the ProBowl which is what makes it pointless for me.

It is AFC v NFC, yes.

Touch football, then?

Fans must be right suckers.

1 minute ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Edging towards KC but hoping for a decent action-packed game.

1 hour ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Chiefs.

Brady is a complete fud.

Not fussed either way who wins this, chiefs win and it’s a giruy to Brady, Brady wins it and it casts doubt on the patriots ‘dynasty’ and makes it look like it was just Brady all along

alwaysthereinspirit
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Not fussed either way who wins this, chiefs win and it’s a giruy to Brady, Brady wins it and it casts doubt on the patriots ‘dynasty’ and makes it look like it was just Brady all along

The same Brady that played for the Patriots? That Brady? 

The Hogfather

Pretty obvious who the officials wanted to win the game tonight. Tampa have really benefitted from some dubious calls. 

That said, the Kansas offence has really

let Mahomes down. 

27 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

Same old officials making sure Brady wins. Hillbilly FC. 

29 minutes ago, alwaysthereinspirit said:

The Bucs have done the impossible. They've taking the title of biggest Scumbags of the NFL from the Cheaters. How Suh is still allowed to play is beyond me. 

9 hours ago, CloustonHMFC said:

Not for the first time, the Super Bowl didn't live up to the pre-game hype. 

KC were flat and Tampa Bay played with all the advantages of a home team.  There were some really dubious calls against the KC defense. 

If that had been a mid-season game I would have changed channels at halftime.

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Bucs have done the impossible. They've taking the title of biggest Scumbags of the NFL from the Cheaters. How Suh is still allowed to play is beyond me. 

😩🤦‍♂️

Congratulations to the New England Buccaneers and Tom Brady - without a shadow of doubt the G.O.A.T.

Being a Pats fan was always going to be a bittersweet moment.  But fair play to Brady.  Looking forward to when he finally calls it a day and retires a Patriot.

Malinga the Swinga
16 hours ago, Cade said:

Chiefs.

Brady is a complete fud.

A complete fud who is greatest QB of all time. I'm sure he is really worried about what you think of him, sitting there with all his super bowl rings and model wife. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Pretty obvious who the officials wanted to win the game tonight. Tampa have really benefitted from some dubious calls. 

That said, the Kansas offence has really

let Mahomes down. 

Not at all. KC getting called for all the interference they normally get away with isn't wrong, it's them not being called all the time that's the issue. 

Mahones and rest of KC thought they were untouchable and got swift kick in gonads to bring them back to reality. 

Outplayed in offence, outplayed in defence, out thought in coaching and behaved like little bitches the whole game. 

Maybe Hill, Kelce and Mahones need to look at themselves as they got exactly what their attitude deserved. 

The Hogfather

I've seen some awful PI calls watching the sport but the one on Matthieu in the 2nd quarter was pretty poor. If that's genuinely pass interference, you're going to see dozens of flags thrown every game. The officials also called a false start on Tyreek Hill when they let Gronk away with the same thing earlier in the half. The holding calls were just stupid from a Kansas point of view.

Like I said, Mahomes was badly let down by his o-line. Between the constant collapse of the pocket and his receivers seemingly forgetting how to catch a ball that's right down their throat, it was a bad night for Kansas.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Folk looking for refereeing discrepancies because it's Tom Brady 🤣

Shit calls happen all the time.

KC didn't challenge any of them.

That's a key point.

Harsh but fair.

11 minutes ago, Cade said:

KC didn't challenge any of them.

That's a key point.

Harsh but fair.

You can't challenge most penalties. You could challenge pass interference last season, as they brought that rule in as a trial, but then dropped it, so you can't challenge PI any longer.

On 31/01/2021 at 07:46, Lord BJ said:

Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff and 2 first rounders. 

That will make any trade for Watson incredibly pricey, 

Was something I read the other day that they want two first rounds , two second rounds , a third round some. Incidentals/two or three young defensive prospects for Watson

21 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Looks like he enjoyed himself.

Given how he lives his life, probably had a sniff of a beer and sent him nuggets.  But great to see too....

JJ Watt released by the Texans.

He's 32 and had a lot of injuries recently, but I'd love him to sign for Miami. Great player and sure he could still contribute to a good team.

On the other side, is there anyone left on the Texans that still wants to be there with that evangelist running the show behind the scenes!

Watt will be a great signing for someone. Yes, he’s had some injuries over the last decade but also lots of brilliant seasons in amongst that. Pretty sure he was injury free all last season. Was still good, albeit in an awful defence. 

I knew it would happen, but still gutted now that it has. A real Houston legend, and not just on the pitch. Up there with a small number of truly elite sportsmen that I’ve seen in the flesh. His rookie season TD in the playoffs vs the Bengals will live with me for ever. What a moment, and what a noise inside the stadium. 

On 12/02/2021 at 21:49, Peebo said:

Watt will be a great signing for someone. Yes, he’s had some injuries over the last decade but also lots of brilliant seasons in amongst that. Pretty sure he was injury free all last season. Was still good, albeit in an awful defence. 

I knew it would happen, but still gutted now that it has. A real Houston legend, and not just on the pitch. Up there with a small number of truly elite sportsmen that I’ve seen in the flesh. His rookie season TD in the playoffs vs the Bengals will live with me for ever. What a moment, and what a noise inside the stadium. 

He'd top off what is already a potentially great Washington D. 

2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He'd top off what is already a potentially great Washington D. 

Think the Browns are favourites just now.

Could be a 1st in 2022 if he plays 75% of the snaps next season, or 70% if they make the playoffs too. Still cheap for the Colts if it works out.

Wonder if he'll get a mysterious "injury" if he's played 74% and they're out of playoff contention.

Edited by PortyJambo