Jump to content

**The NFL Thread**


Sterling Archer

Recommended Posts

ri Alban
3 hours ago, cotter said:

The Bills are looking decent so far.  Surprisingly little chat about them on the BBC, almost like the NFL equivalent of Hearts, the beeb like to ignore them :D

 

Seems odd, after having a passing interest in them for the past 15 years or so, to see them actually being considered as a possibility for the superbowl

They'll shite the bed as usual.

 

 

 

Chargers, Cowboys and Cardinals are the early front runners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Sterling Archer

    5848

  • Larry

    3411

  • Lt.Speirs

    2303

  • Peebo

    2141

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was wondering   Accidentally post in here instead of your google search bar?

Posted Images

PortyJambo
17 hours ago, Pagey said:

Urban Meyer video 👀

 

Has to be toast soon?

 

Ha, just came here to post that. Apart from the video showing the woman basically giving him a lapdance, there's another one out there showing him putting his finger somewhere it shouldn't be too :lol:

 

 

Edited by PortyJambo
Link to post
Share on other sites
Walter Payton

turning old before my time, can't figure out how to embed Tweets :(

Edited by Walter Payton
Link to post
Share on other sites

Jon Gruden having some issue, sas some emails have come to light where he has used racial tropes in 2011. Apparently. A series of emails sent to Raiders and NFL with some of Grudens indiscretion. 

 

Whilst, the racial comments will probably get the most press apparently he has been less than complimentary about some senior figures in the NFL. The price for that might be a bit more severe/

Link to post
Share on other sites
chuck berrys hairline

Zach Wilson is a bust! The laddie just can't throw on target long or short 😩

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
1 hour ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

Zach Wilson is a bust! The laddie just can't throw on target long or short 😩

 

He's hit his stride in the last drive though. Just made the 4th that little bit more interesting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
chuck berrys hairline
48 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

 

He's hit his stride in the last drive though. Just made the 4th that little bit more interesting.

I think he's too small for NFL even when he scrambles still doesn't spot the open reciever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
16 minutes ago, chuck berrys hairline said:

I think he's too small for NFL even when he scrambles still doesn't spot the open reciever.

 

He's better than Jameis Winston, who's just been picked on his first drive...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Nunya Business
4 minutes ago, Nunya Business said:

 

He's better than Jameis Winston, who's just been picked on his first drive...

 

Shows what I know :laugh: 

Link to post
Share on other sites
No Idle Talk

That Packers-Bengals game was insane. Five missed field goals in the space of a few minutes. Incredible.

 

The Browns-Chargers game was a cracker as well. A bit too much offense for my own personal taste but a real ding dong battle between two very good teams. They will both be playing football in January.

 

As for the Lions...........  when will this torture end. It's the same gut wrenching movie week after week. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo
2 hours ago, No Idle Talk said:

As for the Lions...........  when will this torture end. It's the same gut wrenching movie week after week. 


I’d say it’s unbelievable. But it’s the Lions, so…. it’s believable :(

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Washington's DBs are costing them big time. They should all be sacked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/10/2021 at 16:16, ri Alban said:

They'll shite the bed as usual.

 

 

 

Chargers, Cowboys and Cardinals are the early front runners.

They put down another good performance last night.  Bonus I woke up unintentionally about 04:00 and caught the last quarter.

 

Will be good to see the cowboys back.  It was all about the Cowboys, Bears, 49ers and Dolphins when I was a young un.  Seemed strange when I started gettign interested again a few years ago that they were all gash

Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, cotter said:

They put down another good performance last night.  Bonus I woke up unintentionally about 04:00 and caught the last quarter.

 

Will be good to see the cowboys back.  It was all about the Cowboys, Bears, 49ers and Dolphins when I was a young un.  Seemed strange when I started gettign interested again a few years ago that they were all gash

Just like my Washington football team.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not sure Gruden sees the season out with raiders. A combination of being outdated, PR issues and players giving up on him due to his comments.

 

Be honest, probably,  be glad to see the back of him, we’ve been poor under him despite having a platform to build off and he’s been awful in draft. He’s wasted more draft capital than most.

 

He’s the GM as well as head coach in reality at Raiders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo
3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure Gruden sees the season out with raiders.


He lasted about 2 hours after you posted this :laugh:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Kalamazoo Jambo said:


He lasted about 2 hours after you posted this :laugh:

 

 


Yeah it escalated quicker than I thought.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo

You can imagine what he was saying behind the scenes when Carl Nassib came out as gay before the season as a Raiders player.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Maroon Sailor

NFL regular season games to Germany being talked about now.

 

They only get 8 home matches as it is

Link to post
Share on other sites
PortyJambo
37 minutes ago, Maroon Sailor said:

NFL regular season games to Germany being talked about now.

 

They only get 8 home matches as it is

 

Half the league has 9 home games each year now that they've gone to a 17 game regular season, so I imagine it will teams that have the extra home game that will be expected to give up one to play overseas. Apart from Jags of course, as think they have an agreement with London to play a home game there every season for a while.

Link to post
Share on other sites
luckyBatistuta
On 11/10/2021 at 23:52, Lord BJ said:

I’m not sure Gruden sees the season out with raiders. A combination of being outdated, PR issues and players giving up on him due to his comments.

 

Be honest, probably,  be glad to see the back of him, we’ve been poor under him despite having a platform to build off and he’s been awful in draft. He’s wasted more draft capital than most.

 

He’s the GM as well as head coach in reality at Raiders.

Bucs removed him from their Ring of Honor too

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo
17 hours ago, Lord BJ said:


Yeah it escalated quicker than I thought.

 


I mainly just check NFL news to see who the Lions lost to, but must admit this one cut through the noise. Egregious behaviour on his part.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Is this the investigation into Washington, that has outed Gruden?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is this the investigation into Washington, that has outed Gruden?

Yes, and there has now been a request, via lawyers, by former players for all the findings to be released, not just the Gruden emails. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Is this the investigation into Washington, that has outed Gruden?

 

Indeed it is. 

 

Some interesting articles about the motivations of it.  Owners v employees stuff

 

I wont comment too much, as what Gruden said was incorrect, however, I’ll will be honest during my lifetime I have most certainly used certain terms, not the racial stuff (though I have indulged in casual racism/homophobia, I do here for humour once in a while), but I have certainly used homophobic and mysonigistic tropes.. Now that was wrong but my understanding of the issues wasn’t where it should have been, in the 90/00’s these sort of things  were viewed as semi common place. That does not excuse my behaviours or Grudens.

 

I have always used certain mechanism to trigger people in my professional life, to get the reaction I wanted. (I spent a lot of time studying that) I now realise these sort of tactics weren’t, always,  right.. Despite me not believing a word of it, i used them to garner a reaction I wanted and I shouldn’t. My bad😔

 

It does strike me as bear over there stuff though. Over 50,000 emails investigating WFT and what comes out of it relates to Raiders. Gruden having a pop at owners, when he wasn’t employed by the Raiders or the NFL, was always going to bite him.

 

As an aside I expect I will get a bit of stick for this post but Im just being honest, I’m not perfect but I learn🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

Indeed it is. 

 

Some interesting articles about the motivations of it.  Owners v employees stuff

 

I wont comment too much, as what Gruden said was incorrect, however, I’ll will be honest during my lifetime I have most certainly used certain terms, not the racial stuff (though I have indulged in casual racism/homophobia, I do here for humour once in a while), but I have certainly used homophobic and mysonigistic tropes.. Now that was wrong but my understanding of the issues wasn’t where it should have been, in the 90/00’s these sort of things  were viewed as semi common place. That does not excuse my behaviours or Grudens.

 

I have always used certain mechanism to trigger people in my professional life, to get the reaction I wanted. (I spent a lot of time studying that) I now realise these sort of tactics weren’t, always,  right.. Despite me not believing a word of it, i used them to garner a reaction I wanted and I shouldn’t. My bad😔

 

It does strike me as bear over there stuff though. Over 50,000 emails investigating WFT and what comes out of it relates to Raiders. Gruden having a pop at owners, when he wasn’t employed by the Raiders or the NFL, was always going to bite him.

 

As an aside I expect I will get a bit of stick for this post but Im just being honest, I’m not perfect but I learn🤷🏻‍♂️ 

Are they trying to shut Washington down, because they hate that wee prick Dan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ri Alban said:

Are they trying to shut Washington down, because they hate that wee prick Dan.

 

Think its the opposite, owner being protected.

 

An article may give you a idea https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/12/jon-gruden-more-consequences-than-daniel-snyder-nfl-business. It wasn’t the one I was looking, as longer more detailed read earlier, bit gives you idea.

 

I now just planning for 2022 draft, its shite being a Raiders fan😔

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

 

Think its the opposite, owner being protected.

 

An article may give you a idea https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/10/12/jon-gruden-more-consequences-than-daniel-snyder-nfl-business. It wasn’t the one I was looking, as longer more detailed read earlier, bit gives you idea.

 

I now just planning for 2022 draft, its shite being a Raiders fan😔

 Cheers 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
21 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

 

I have always used certain mechanism to trigger people in my professional life, to get the reaction I wanted. (I spent a lot of time studying that) I now realise these sort of tactics weren’t, always,  right.. Despite me not believing a word of it, i used them to garner a reaction I wanted and I shouldn’t. My bad😔

 

Are you Luis Aragones?

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

All set to go for another Dolphins London shitshow this afternoon.

surely they wont lose to the jags who have lost their last 20 games in a row

Link to post
Share on other sites
Sooperstar
10 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

surely they wont lose to the jags who have lost their last 20 games in a row

You'd hope not, but this is the Dolphins.

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Sooperstar said:

You'd hope not, but this is the Dolphins.

yep, this wil end up being the game the jags lawrence finally shows why he was first pick

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

yep, this wil end up being the game the jags lawrence finally shows why he was first pick

not with that play he didn't

Link to post
Share on other sites

What a disgraceful call that helmet to helmet one was 😑 utter pisstake 

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Plenty time left for the Dolphins to chuck this. 😤

Didnt take us long , that call was a joke though

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/10/2021 at 01:51, Kalamazoo Jambo said:


I mainly just check NFL news to see who the Lions lost to, but must admit this one cut through the noise. Egregious behaviour on his part.

Smoltz during the baseball last night randomly came out with “im feeling it , this is the weekend the Lions finally win” 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Didnt take us long , that call was a joke though

 

 

They are a struggle to watch.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Kalamazoo Jambo
6 minutes ago, sadj said:

Smoltz during the baseball last night randomly came out with “im feeling it , this is the weekend the Lions finally win” 


:laugh:

 

At least the other Detroit sports teams (Tigers, Red Wings, Pistons) have had some success in the last 40 years. But here’s the Lions (from Wikipedia)…

 

“The Lions won four NFL Championship Games between 1935 and 1957, all prior to the Super Bowl era. Since their 1957 championship, the team has won only a single playoff game in 1992”

 

Luckily Mrs Kalamazoo cares much more for Michigan State who are doing really well this year.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...