**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

alwaysthereinspirit
15 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

The Bucs have done the impossible. They've taking the title of biggest Scumbags of the NFL from the Cheaters. How Suh is still allowed to play is beyond me. 

😩🤦‍♂️

• Replies 30.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was wondering   Accidentally post in here instead of your google search bar?

Posted Images

Congratulations to the New England Buccaneers and Tom Brady - without a shadow of doubt the G.O.A.T.

Being a Pats fan was always going to be a bittersweet moment.  But fair play to Brady.  Looking forward to when he finally calls it a day and retires a Patriot.

Malinga the Swinga
16 hours ago, Cade said:

Chiefs.

Brady is a complete fud.

A complete fud who is greatest QB of all time. I'm sure he is really worried about what you think of him, sitting there with all his super bowl rings and model wife. 

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, Nunya Business said:

Pretty obvious who the officials wanted to win the game tonight. Tampa have really benefitted from some dubious calls. 

That said, the Kansas offence has really

let Mahomes down. 

Not at all. KC getting called for all the interference they normally get away with isn't wrong, it's them not being called all the time that's the issue. 

Mahones and rest of KC thought they were untouchable and got swift kick in gonads to bring them back to reality. 

Outplayed in offence, outplayed in defence, out thought in coaching and behaved like little bitches the whole game. 

Maybe Hill, Kelce and Mahones need to look at themselves as they got exactly what their attitude deserved. 

Nunya Business

I've seen some awful PI calls watching the sport but the one on Matthieu in the 2nd quarter was pretty poor. If that's genuinely pass interference, you're going to see dozens of flags thrown every game. The officials also called a false start on Tyreek Hill when they let Gronk away with the same thing earlier in the half. The holding calls were just stupid from a Kansas point of view.

Like I said, Mahomes was badly let down by his o-line. Between the constant collapse of the pocket and his receivers seemingly forgetting how to catch a ball that's right down their throat, it was a bad night for Kansas.

hmfc_liam06

Folk looking for refereeing discrepancies because it's Tom Brady 🤣

Shit calls happen all the time.

1 hour ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Folk looking for refereeing discrepancies because it's Tom Brady 🤣

Shit calls happen all the time.

KC didn't challenge any of them.

That's a key point.

Harsh but fair.

PortyJambo
11 minutes ago, Cade said:

KC didn't challenge any of them.

That's a key point.

Harsh but fair.

You can't challenge most penalties. You could challenge pass interference last season, as they brought that rule in as a trial, but then dropped it, so you can't challenge PI any longer.

On 31/01/2021 at 07:46, Lord BJ said:

Stafford traded to the Rams for Goff and 2 first rounders. 

That will make any trade for Watson incredibly pricey, 

Was something I read the other day that they want two first rounds , two second rounds , a third round some. Incidentals/two or three young defensive prospects for Watson

21 hours ago, Sooperstar said:

Looks like he enjoyed himself.

Given how he lives his life, probably had a sniff of a beer and sent him nuggets.  But great to see too....

PortyJambo

JJ Watt released by the Texans.

He's 32 and had a lot of injuries recently, but I'd love him to sign for Miami. Great player and sure he could still contribute to a good team.

On the other side, is there anyone left on the Texans that still wants to be there with that evangelist running the show behind the scenes!

Watt will be a great signing for someone. Yes, he’s had some injuries over the last decade but also lots of brilliant seasons in amongst that. Pretty sure he was injury free all last season. Was still good, albeit in an awful defence. 

I knew it would happen, but still gutted now that it has. A real Houston legend, and not just on the pitch. Up there with a small number of truly elite sportsmen that I’ve seen in the flesh. His rookie season TD in the playoffs vs the Bengals will live with me for ever. What a moment, and what a noise inside the stadium. 

On 12/02/2021 at 21:49, Peebo said:

Watt will be a great signing for someone. Yes, he’s had some injuries over the last decade but also lots of brilliant seasons in amongst that. Pretty sure he was injury free all last season. Was still good, albeit in an awful defence. 

I knew it would happen, but still gutted now that it has. A real Houston legend, and not just on the pitch. Up there with a small number of truly elite sportsmen that I’ve seen in the flesh. His rookie season TD in the playoffs vs the Bengals will live with me for ever. What a moment, and what a noise inside the stadium. 

He'd top off what is already a potentially great Washington D. 

A message for Patriots fans, especially Bill Burr. The Bucs won the Superbowl. 

hmfc_liam06
2 hours ago, ri Alban said:

He'd top off what is already a potentially great Washington D. 

Think the Browns are favourites just now.

Wentz to Colts for a 3rd round this year and conditional 2nd next year. That’s surprisingly cheap. 

That said I think he’s trash.

PortyJambo

Could be a 1st in 2022 if he plays 75% of the snaps next season, or 70% if they make the playoffs too. Still cheap for the Colts if it works out.

Wonder if he'll get a mysterious "injury" if he's played 74% and they're out of playoff contention.

Edited by PortyJambo

Good deal for the Colts, I reckon. I think he will do well for them. Probably also a reasonable deal for the Eagles. 

luckyBatistuta

3 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Wentz to Colts for a 3rd round this year and conditional 2nd next year. That’s surprisingly cheap. 

That said I think he’s trash.

Meh, don’t think he’s the answer. I will be delighted if he proves me wrong, but pretty damn sure he won’t.

11 hours ago, luckyBatistuta said:

Meh, don’t think he’s the answer. I will be delighted if he proves me wrong, but pretty damn sure he won’t.

Apparently the Colts tried to get Carr from the Raiders but we’re told no. 

I’m pretty glad as it means we ain’t going to trade the future away for Watson and Marriota will probably have a little bit if trade value and be moved on.

luckyBatistuta
4 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

I’m pretty glad as it means we ain’t going to trade the future away for Watson and Marriota will probably have a little bit if trade value and be moved on.

We would all be happy picking up Watson, but agree that it would be way too much to get him. I suppose it could have been worse, we could have picked up Marriota instead of Wentz.

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Newton, Wilson or Darnold. Who should Washington go all in for? 

Only Wilson, but they won't get him. The other two are bang average. Better to stick with Heinicke & Allen until next again season and see who is available. 

hmfc_liam06
6 hours ago, Lord BJ said:

Mariota has zero trade value.

Captain Slog

Does anyone know of a reasonable guide to explain how trades and swaps work, and maybe a guide as to what new players are available to.

I've never really made the next step from just following what goes on on the field before.

20 hours ago, Captain Slog said:

Does anyone know of a reasonable guide to explain how trades and swaps work, and maybe a guide as to what new players are available to.

I've never really made the next step from just following what goes on on the field before.

Teams can trade players, and player have no say - unless they have a “no trade” contract clause which allows them to refuse a particular trade (which is unusual). Main driver behind  mant trades is a player’s current team wanting rid of them, rather than acquiring team making an offer that can’t be refused.

New players? Players who become available through the college system, or players who are not currently contracted to another team - free agents. 

Edited by Peebo
PortyJambo
1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Teams can trade players, and player have no say - unless they have a “no trade” contract clause which allows them to refuse a particular trade (which is unusual). Main driver behind  mant trades is a player’s current team wanting rid of them, rather than Houston's ex GM/HC making an offer that can’t be refused.

New players? Players who become available through the college system, or players who are not currently contracted to another team - free agents. 

FTFY 😉

PortyJambo
3 hours ago, Peebo said:

I don’t understand. 

Bill O'Brien was known for making overly generous trade offers that teams just couldn't turn down, eg. basically 2 x 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for Tunsil, Hopkins for Johnson and a 2nd. I'm sure other teams wished he was still around to make offers that were too good to turn down.

47 minutes ago, PortyJambo said:

Bill O'Brien was known for making overly generous trade offers that teams just couldn't turn down, eg. basically 2 x 1st round picks and a 2nd round pick for Tunsil, Hopkins for Johnson and a 2nd. I'm sure other teams wished he was still around to make offers that were too good to turn down.

Hopkins trade was a disaster (I’m a Texans fan - still have season tickets in my name!), but the Texans wanted rid of him. 

Tunsil trade was probably one of few decisions he made that was actually decent for the Texans. And one of minority instigated by a team looking to acquire, rather than looking to get rid. Probably good for the Dolphins too, I’m sure, but an example of what I’m talking about, perhaps - but certainly not the only one. 

Not too many trade like that, which is my point.