**The NFL Thread**

Sterling Archer

If the Steelers can get the next Touchdown. Cleveland will turn Brown. 

• Replies 30k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was wondering   Accidentally post in here instead of your google search bar?

Posted Images

hmfc_liam06
Just now, King prawn said:

:lol:

I'm delighted that mouthy prick JuJu is out. The absolute worst of team mates.

King prawn
11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Heard somewhere, I think it was the Pat McAfee show that the moment he said that the Steelers lost the tie. 

King prawn

Watched the highlights without looking at a breakdown of the scores first and didn’t realise the Browns went 28-0 after 3 interceptions or whatever it was. 

hmfc_liam06
6 minutes ago, King prawn said:

Heard somewhere, I think it was the Pat McAfee show that the moment he said that the Steelers lost the tie. 

Absolutely.

Between that and the logo dancing, I think they lost both those games too. It's just needless.

41 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Could be out in more than one way, with the steelers cap issues for next year I doubt we'll offer him the $16m+ per year it'd take for him not to test the water in free agency. Not to mention that he looks a whole lot less of a player when it's not big ben throwing the ball so why would the steelers pay that kind of money when there is no guarantee that they find a top replacement for big ben in the next few seasons?

hmfc_liam06
1 hour ago, Ribble said:

Could be out in more than one way, with the steelers cap issues for next year I doubt we'll offer him the $16m+ per year it'd take for him not to test the water in free agency. Not to mention that he looks a whole lot less of a player when it's not big ben throwing the ball so why would the steelers pay that kind of money when there is no guarantee that they find a top replacement for big ben in the next few seasons?

I'd be letting him walk. And despite us (Lions) desperate for WR's, I wouldn't want us touching him with a barge pole.

Claypool looks the boy for you anyway. Johnson isn't a bad WR2 if/when fit.

Think that was Ben's last rodeo?

11 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

I'd be letting him walk. And despite us (Lions) desperate for WR's, I wouldn't want us touching him with a barge pole.

Claypool looks the boy for you anyway. Johnson isn't a bad WR2 if/when fit.

Think that was Ben's last rodeo?

Thing is that neither Claypool or Johnson are really good in the slot so it's more likely we'll be looking at Washington or McLeod stepping up but we're not exactly bad at drafting WR's, even in the later rounds so i'm in the let him walk camp, especially with our cap situation

With Big Ben i'm not sure tbh, either he looks at the 4 INT's and realises that he just doesn't quite have it at the very top anymore or he'll focus on 47 receptions, 501 yards and 4 TD's and go another year in the hope that we go big in the draft on a RB to ease the load, time will tell

hmfc_liam06
7 minutes ago, Ribble said:

Thing is that neither Claypool or Johnson are really good in the slot so it's more likely we'll be looking at Washington or McLeod stepping up but we're not exactly bad at drafting WR's, even in the later rounds so i'm in the let him walk camp, especially with our cap situation

With Big Ben i'm not sure tbh, either he looks at the 4 INT's and realises that he just doesn't quite have it at the very top anymore or he'll focus on 47 receptions, 501 yards and 4 TD's and go another year in the hope that we go big in the draft on a RB to ease the load, time will tell

The tears may have signalled the end.

I'd love us to go for Devonta Smith at 7, we only have Cephus contracted for 2021. I'm sure we'll tag Golladay though.

Raiders have hired Gus Bradely as new DC, from LA. Raiders defence, will be overhauled from a system perspective as he is a cover guy. 

Has he seen the raiders coverage???!

Also in typical raiders fashion on the Twitter announcement they put a picture up of wrong coach🙈

Steelers wasting no time in changing things up for next season, OC Randy Fichtner gone as have the OL and DB coaches with the Tight End coach Daniel James also retiring.

Looks like quite a big crowd at this Green Bay game.

Wonder how many are allowed in there.

Haha must have heard me on SKY as they've just said 6,000. Must admit, thought it looked a good bit more.

Edited by neilnunb
On 10/01/2021 at 20:46, Boof said:

A question for the more knowledgeable than I...

If you line up for a kick for PAT - can you still bluff and try for 2?

On 10/01/2021 at 20:53, Captain Slog said:

Seems you can - if you are the defence 🤣

What Is PAT in Football? (liveabout.com)

But this surprised me, seems you can get two points Boof

Two-Point Conversion in NFL and college football (liveabout.com)

Green Bay tried it earlier. And failed. :lol: 

Captain Slog
24 minutes ago, Locky said:

Green Bay tried it earlier. And failed. :lol: 

Cheers, forgot this was on, at least ill get all the Bills game

1 minute ago, Captain Slog said:

Cheers, forgot this was on, at least ill get all the Bills game

Been quite intriguing so far, but if you're tuning in for the 4th, you've came at a good time.

Dunno if I'll bother with the Bills game. I plan on staying up for the late game tomorrow. Dunno if I've got it in me to watch tonights. That said, I've got 6 cold Stella in the fridge, so you never know. :P 

56 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Stroll for the Packers.

Fingers crossed for a Bills win tonight.

Goff was better than I expected but GB were tremendous offensively. Really want a Bucs @ Packers next week.

6 hours ago, JamTarts98 said:

Goff was better than I expected but GB were tremendous offensively. Really want a Bucs @ Packers next week.

Saints will make the Superbowl. But no one is getting near KC. 

11 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I don't think the Saints will make the Superbowl. Brees looks like he's on his last legs. Although in saying that Peyton Manning won a Superbowl with half an arm so you could be right. Bucs 27 24 in overtime is my pick.

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Chiefs hold on .Hope Mahomes not too bad.

Hes been On twitter to say hes ok. He has to be out for the Bills though doesnt he? Everything has just been falling in place for the Bills much as I can’t stand them , I have to admit Allen has been superb and their defence has been fairly lights out all year. Brees and Brady have been poor first quarter

1 hour ago, willie wallace said:

Chiefs hold on .Hope Mahomes not too

Edited by sadj
DP
6 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Browns robbed my a shocking no call.

Compounded by the worst rule in the NFL.

Didn’t see their game , what happened?

Edit: Just caught up on Sorensens hit

Edited by sadj
8 minutes ago, sadj said:

Didn’t see their game , what happened?

Edit: Just caught up on Sorensens hit

Yeah it was a blatant helmet to helmet hit. 

J.T.F.Robertson
42 minutes ago, sadj said:

Hes been On twitter to say hes ok. He has to be out for the Bills though doesnt he? Everything has just been falling in place for the Bills much as I can’t stand them , I have to admit Allen has been superb and their defence has been fairly lights out all year. Brees and Brady have been poor first quarter

How can anyone not stand the Bills? They lost 4 consecutive SB's back in the early '90's and since then have done nowt.

I only have the one team but insofar as the Bills are concerned they're way down my "can't stand" list.

J.T.F.Robertson
24 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Browns robbed my a shocking no call.

Compounded by the worst rule in the NFL.

Yip, that particular touchback rule sucks.

As Antonio Romo :) said, let the offence retain possession and bring it back to the twenty.

I don't think the Saints will make the Superbowl. Brees looks like he's on his last legs. Although in saying that Peyton Manning won a Superbowl with half an arm so you could be right. Bucs 27 24 in overtime is my pick.

Buccs win. Fecking hate Brady. 

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

How can anyone not stand the Bills? They lost 4 consecutive SB's back in the early '90's and since then have done nowt.

I only have the one team but insofar as the Bills are concerned they're way down my "can't stand" list.

I've a wee soft spot for the Bills after what Kelly went thro, back in the day. I actually hope they win it. 

Edited by ri Alban
18 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Ffs Ri 🤣

1 hour ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

I’m a Dolphins fan , simples 💁🏻‍♂️

Edited by sadj
18 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs Ri 🤣

If the bookies were open I'd be even more skint. 

19 minutes ago, sadj said:

Ffs Ri 🤣

I think your mob will be very close next season. I hope I've not jinxed ye. 

11 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think your mob will be very close next season. I hope I've not jinxed ye. 

Hope so , reckon we are a still few pieces , including a good RB and some lineman away on offense but we need a good OC above all , was never a CG fan so i’m glad hes away. 

Edited by sadj
hmfc_liam06
8 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

As Antonio Romo :) said, let the offence retain possession and bring it back to the twenty.

Yeah, if the offence fumbles anywhere else on the field and the ball goes OB they get it back. I don't see why the end zone is so different.

Hard to criticise the boy for trying to score there but just take it OB at the 2 or 3 yard line and they are 1st and goal.

PortyJambo
9 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Yeah, fumble out of bounds anywhere else on the field and you retain possession, couple of inches over the goal-line and you lose it. Does seem like an unnecessarily harsh rule...and I didn't even want the Browns to win!

Really hope Mahomes is fit for next week, or the Bills almost have a bye to the Superbowl. He's that indispensable to KC. Doubt many people would put money on the Chiefs if Chad ****ing Henne is starting the game...

willie wallace
11 hours ago, J.T.F.Robertson said:

Romo's commentary for the final play was brilliant.

JamTarts98
9 hours ago, sadj said:

Hope so , reckon we are a still few pieces , including a good RB and some lineman away on offense but we need a good OC above all , was never a CG fan so i’m glad hes away. 

What are your thoughts on the QB? Stick with Tua and use the high picks for great talent or go all in on Watson?