• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

2 minutes ago, neilnunb said:

Wow. That shut the crowd up. 🤣

Cousin’s first ever big game win then 🤭

Well if Rudolph’s catch stands up 😂

Edited by sadj

Injuries finally caught up with the Eagles unfortunately! I thought Hearts have had a bad few seasons with injuries but somehow the Eagles have managed to suffer even more! Never seen anything like it across any sport.

New head coach at the Panthers, Matt Rhule, coming from Baylor to NFL getting a 7 year contract worth $62m plus bonuses and gets a $2.5m sign on bonus. Didn't know Levein was now at Panthers as Director of Football with that contract!!

4 home wins I reckon this weekend. Followed by a Ravens 49ers Superbowl with the Ravens prevailing. Not exactly a wild prediction from me but that's how I see it. 

My picks against the spread for today. 

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.jpg

I think the Niners will win but not by enough to cover the spread.

Ravens and Chiefs both win and cover.

GB V Seahawks could go either way but I opted for Seattle with the points

Edited by Boston Jambo

Titans are an in form team and have looked good the last few weeks, but I'll stick with the Ravens and also 49ers but I think it'll be tight v Vikings...

1 hour ago, neilnunb said:

Two cracking touchdowns for the Titans. 14-0

Thought Henry was in for 21-6 there. What a trick play there after a terrible drop on a great pass from Tannehill. Huge after stopping the Ravens on 4th n 1

Edited by sadj

Bridge of Djoum

Titans taking down the champs and the number 1 seed. Between Henry and their D they are formidable, but not quite enough to go all the way. Heart says packers, Head is 49'ers.

3 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

Titans taking down the champs and the number 1 seed. Between Henry and their D they are formidable, but not quite enough to go all the way. Heart says packers, Head is 49'ers.

Chiefs are on fire but Houston played good football last week. Packers v Seattle is a toss up I think. 

Bridge of Djoum
2 minutes ago, sadj said:

Chiefs are on fire but Houston played good football last week. Packers v Seattle is a toss up I think. 

It really is a lottery this season.

2 minutes ago, Bridge of Djoum said:

It really is a lottery this season.

Agreed , Saints blew such a good chance , I think the Seahawks have more to take down the 49ers than the Pack do. But you really have to fancy SF from the NFC , Chiefs have to be favourites in the AFC (Tannehill 7/14 for 86 yards today , very deceptive as I thought he looked good) , Titans D and Henry as you said though smashed the Ravens on both sides of the ball. Houston won at the Chiefs already this season but KC i think are a different proposition now than they were back then imo. 

Bridge of Djoum
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

Agreed , Saints blew such a good chance , I think the Seahawks have more to take down the 49ers than the Pack do. But you really have to fancy SF from the NFC , Chiefs have to be favourites in the AFC (Tannehill 7/14 for 86 yards today , very deceptive as I thought he looked good) , Titans D and Henry as you said though smashed the Ravens on both sides of the ball. Houston won at the Chiefs already this season but KC i think are a different proposition now than they were back then imo. 

KC for you?

So the Texans need to beat two teams we’ve already beaten this season to get to the Big Game. I’d definitely have taken that at the start of the season. 

I realised I’m biased but a price of 22/1 to win it overall seems like huge value. 

3 hours ago, sadj said:

I’ve read and heard this a few times. Why do you think that? Genuine question. It was before Mahomes got injured, Hill was back and they were in generally good form (had won in Baltimore a week or two before).

5 hours ago, Peebo said:

I’ve read and heard this a few times. Why do you think that? Genuine question. It was before Mahomes got injured, Hill was back and they were in generally good form (had won in Baltimore a week or two before).

I just think same as the Titans have just clicked the Chiefs have clicked in a way they didn't at the start of the season. They came out the traps slowly and looked vulnerable that seems to have gone the last 6 weeks of the season. Since they lost to the Titans (35-32 (i think)) They have just come across as a team who have professionally gone about their business. 

Not sure I’d pick KC but i think in the AFC they have to be favourites not just because of being the 2 seed but the way they have played as I said above. 

Houston have edged a few close games and taken a couple of pummellings in that time. (I assume week 17 though they rested a few) so maybe that can be dismissed)

Titans have really clicked and their O line has been superb with a record breaking Henry behind them. Tannehill has played smart but they are quite one dimensional. Tannehill has widened the field for them whereas as Mariota was quite hash mark to hash mark in his play so teams could close those gaps easier.

Should def be two good games on the AFC side to see who gets there. Titans edged the Chiefs , Texans edged the Chiefs and Titans smashed the Texans with a huge day from Henry. 👍🏻

NFC is quite open too but GB are an unknown quantity to me as not seen much of them this year but when I have they haven’t looked impressive. The 49ers and Seahawks have had some awful games mixed in with some great games. The Saints @ 49ers was an unbelievable game and the win over the Seahawks to get the number 1 seed was a solid first half but the Seahawks seemed misfiring as opposed to SF being dominant but I missed the second half as i crashed out.

Just seems all over anyone can beat anyone this year. Baltimore seemed the one team unlikely to have a screw up but they were owned by the Titans D last night with them gone its really 🤷🏻‍♂️ to who i think can win. @Bridge of Djoum (answers your Q too)

Edited by sadj

4 minutes ago, sadj said:

I just think same as the Titans have just clicked the Chiefs have clicked in a way they didn't at the start of the season. They came out the traps slowly and looked vulnerable that seems to have gone the last 6 weeks of the season. Since they lost to the Titans (35-32 (i think)) They have just come across as a team who have professionally gone about their business. 

Not sure I’d pick KC but i think in the AFC they have to be favourites not just because of being the 2 seed but the way they have played as I said above. 

Houston have edged a few close games and taken a couple of pummellings in that time. (I assume week 17 though they rested a few) so maybe that can be dismissed)

Titans have really clicked and their O line has been superb with a record breaking Henry behind them. Tannehill has played smart but they are quite one dimensional. Tannehill has widened the field for them whereas as Mariota was quite hash mark to hash mark in his play so teams could close those gaps easier.

Should def be two good games on the AFC side to see who gets there. Titans edged the Chiefs , Texans edged the Chiefs and Titans smashed the Texans with a huge day from Henry. 👍🏻

NFC is quite open too but GB are an unknown quantity to me as not seen much of them this year but when I have they haven’t looked impressive. The 49ers and Seahawks have had some awful games mixed in with some great games. The Saints @ 49ers was an unbelievable game and the win over the Seahawks to get the number 1 seed was a solid first half but the Seahawks seemed misfiring as opposed to SF being dominant but I missed the second half as i crashed out.

Just seems all over anyone can beat anyone this year. Baltimore seemed the one team unlikely to have a screw up but they were owned by the Titans D last night with them gone its really 🤷🏻‍♂️ to who i think can win. @Bridge of Djoum (answers your Q too)

Fair enough. But pretty sure the chiefs started very well (4 or 5 wins) then stuttered (with a defeat or two - including Texans - and then Mahomes injury). 

The Texans rested many starters in the game Titans beat us easily on last day. Was an absolutely meaningless game for Houston. In the decisive one (for us), we won well in Nashville two weeks before. 

Absolutely no doubt the Texans have had a couple of very bad games this season, though. And won a few close ones (and lost close ones, too). 

11 hours ago, sadj said:

Ooooft massive play there too , Ravens have to get a grip fast. Where was this Tannehill In Miami 🤔

With a strong run game, and a good OL, Tannehill was always a decent QB, as he excels off playaction. He just never really had that in Miami, and both coaches and GM's are to blame for that. You also don't want him throwing 30+ times a game, he's just not that type of QB. I still get a feeling the Titans will find that out to their cost too, if he gets consistently put in that position.

1 hour ago, Peebo said:

Fair enough. But pretty sure the chiefs started very well (4 or 5 wins) then stuttered (with a defeat or two - including Texans - and then Mahomes injury). 

The Texans rested many starters in the game Titans beat us easily on last day. Was an absolutely meaningless game for Houston. In the decisive one (for us), we won well in Nashville two weeks before. 

Absolutely no doubt the Texans have had a couple of very bad games this season, though. And won a few close ones (and lost close ones, too). 

Going by the Texans form this season, you'll be winning tonight then losing to the Titans.

2 wins 1 loss, 2 wins 1 loss...

13 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Going by the Texans form this season, you'll be winning tonight then losing to the Titans.

2 wins 1 loss, 2 wins 1 loss...

Yup, think that I heard that pointed out on the commentary during the Tampa game. Would have taken an AFC championship defeat then...but would not now. Definitely have a chance of going all the way. I genuinely believe 22/1 is a very, very generous price. 

1 hour ago, PortyJambo said:

With a strong run game, and a good OL, Tannehill was always a decent QB, as he excels off playaction. He just never really had that in Miami, and both coaches and GM's are to blame for that. You also don't want him throwing 30+ times a game, he's just not that type of QB. I still get a feeling the Titans will find that out to their cost too, if he gets consistently put in that position.

Agreed , shut down Henry and Tannehill is limited

2 hours ago, Peebo said:

Yeah I think the Chiefs did start well. I just think you have to give them the edge but you are talking maybe -2 i think its that close. I genuinely can’t decide who I think is top dog as I said in my post. Be a cracking game tonight for sure.

11 minutes ago, sadj said:

Agreed , shut down Henry and Tannehill is limited

Yeah I think the Chiefs did start well. I just think you have to give them the edge but you are talking maybe -2 i think its that close. I genuinely can’t decide who I think is top dog as I said in my post. Be a cracking game tonight for sure.

No doubt about it - if my life was at stake, I’d take the Chiefs. Understandable they are favourites. But the Texans seem to be getting widely written off which I think is odd. 

Can I get my money back, Please!!!

Big ass crows pumped.

Moan the Chiefs and 49ers.

If the Packers win the Superbowl, I'll have to find another job. I'm no putting up with scaffolder on my site. GB fanatic.

17 minutes ago, hmfc_liam06 said:

Got a feeling about the Texans tonight. Couple big injuries for Kansas and with Fuller playing, Texans are a far better outfit.

Fuller makes a huge difference. Always the potential for a long play, and draws attention away from Hopkins. 

3 hours ago, Peebo said:

No doubt about it - if my life was at stake, I’d take the Chiefs. Understandable they are favourites. But the Texans seem to be getting widely written off which I think is odd. 

Ah fair enough im not writing them off.

did uou see Coach Cowher being told hes going to the HoF 😂

Texans doing a Titans on the Chiefs so far. And two crucial drops from the Chiefs to end drives too, just like the Ravens had issues with drops last night.