• Replies 33.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Sterling Archer

• Larry

• Lt.Speirs

• Peebo

That reminds me...what would you want for Housler or Pitta?

Not really thought about it. Housler is a TE1 waiting to happen Pitta is playing well at the moment and gonzalez won't last forever. So I would need to think about it.

Not really thought about it. Housler is a TE1 waiting to happen Pitta is playing well at the moment and gonzalez won't last forever. So I would need to think about it.

He was about about a month ago...

::troll:::'>

He was about about a month ago...

::troll:::'>

Yeh but have a look at his schedule coming up. Certainly no Texans or cowboys.

Watching some college football on ESPN. Anyone else see the injury to Marcus Lattimore? :yucky:

Was it a Mcgahee-type injury?

I'm not watching it if it is! :yucky::lol:

Was it a Mcgahee-type injury?

I'm not watching it if it is! :yucky::lol:

I've never seen his so can't say, but this one was pretty sick. Massive hit to his knee, leg went completely limp, flopping about. Hopefully the guy can make a recovery and still play football.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm back :jjyay:

Lots of business to deal with but first need to take care of the chargers.

Given the waves of pish in The Terrace at the moment you will be doing well to comment on Monday Night Football :laugh:

Sterling Archer

Given the waves of pish in The Terrace at the moment you will be doing well to comment on Monday Night Football :laugh:

I'm a changed man Geoff

:look:

Sterling Archer

Item number one on my list, what did everyone think of the Peterson trade?

It seemed pretty terrible to me, Greene is the same age as Peterson and nowhere near as talented, Brown has never shown anything, Jones is nothing and the picks aren't great.

I'm a bit concerned as its the second extremely lopsided trade between the two teams.

Just wanted to see if I wasn't the only one that thought it was uneven.

I'd quite like to hear the Cowboys thought process behind why he accepted it.

Edited by JamboTaylor

Geoff Kilpatrick

Item number one on my list, what did everyone think of the Peterson trade?

It seemed pretty terrible to me, Greene is the same age as Peterson and nowhere near as talented, Brown has never shown anything, Jones is nothing and the picks aren't great.

I'm a bit concerned as its the second extremely lopsided trade between the two teams.

Just wanted to see if I wasn't the only one that thought it was uneven.

I don't really care. I just want to beat the Cowboys this week and my injury list is horrendous! :(

Sterling Archer

I don't really care. I just want to beat the Cowboys this week and my injury list is horrendous! :(

I'm sorry but when it has an effect on the overall competitiveness of the league it's my job to care.

I'm totally against vetoing trades as its not for me to run people's teams for them. When you look back at some trades from years past they haven't always gone the way you'd think but that doesn't mean I can ignore this stuff.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I'm sorry but when it has an effect on the overall competitiveness of the league it's my job to care.

I'm totally against vetoing trades as its not for me to run people's teams for them. When you look back at some trades from years past they haven't always gone the way you'd think but that doesn't mean I can ignore this stuff.

I do agree it is a shite trade for the Cowboys but I don't think it was "tanking" for example. I have a feeling the Cowboys are breaking their duck this weekend but they look set for the No1 pick in any case. Why not trade a stud for jags if you need bodies for a team?

And Thunder don't exactly have a good track record in trades. My steal of Fasano for Boss is still a personal highlight. :)

Edited by Geoff Kilpatrick

I do agree it is a shite trade for the Cowboys but I don't think it was "tanking" for example. I have a feeling the Cowboys are breaking their duck this weekend but they look set for the No1 pick in any case. Why not trade a stud for jags if you need bodies for a team?

Do they even have any picks left?

Sterling Archer

And Thunder don't exactly have a good track record in trades. My steal of Fasano for Boss is still a personal highlight. :)

Fwiw I'm not suggesting tanking. There would be no point because as JT says he's already traded his 13 1st to a division rival (for Tim Tebow no less).

I do think there's a problem trading a stud for bodies as that's the quickest way to make your team irrelevant. Marginal players hold no trade value. Only real difference makers do.

I just think he could have got much better value for Peterson had it been clear he was looking to move him.

On the subject of trades and offers, it's helpful if people can give a reason for rejecting- particularly if it's when rejecting a deal for someone they've listed as bait. I'm rather bemused by the lack of response by some of the more vocal trade-debaters on here.

Fwiw I'm not suggesting tanking. There would be no point because as JT says he's already traded his 13 1st to a division rival (for Tim Tebow no less).

I do think there's a problem trading a stud for bodies as that's the quickest way to make your team irrelevant. Marginal players hold no trade value. Only real difference makers do.

I just think he could have got much better value for Peterson had it been clear he was looking to move him.

What did the deal involve? If a team only has one really good player, then trading for numbers instead is not hat bad an idea- some of the players or picks might come good.

What did the deal involve? If a team only has one really good player, then trading for numbers instead is not hat bad an idea- some of the players or picks might come good.

Traded Peterson for essentially, a bunch of junk.

Like what he did with Jennings.

Fwiw I think it's one of the worst trades ever done. And I do think other teams should at least respond to trade requests when they happen. I think I have put a good deal to the giants a simple yes or no would be nice.

Sterling Archer

On the subject of trades and offers, it's helpful if people can give a reason for rejecting- particularly if it's when rejecting a deal for someone they've listed as bait. I'm rather bemused by the lack of response by some of the more vocal trade-debaters on here.

Is this someone in particular? Ill always try and send some sort of response.

Sterling Archer

Fwiw I think it's one of the worst trades ever done. And I do think other teams should at least respond to trade requests when they happen. I think I have put a good deal to the giants a simple yes or no would be nice.

Giants are typically slow to respond but when I was going after Julio I got an email response.

Let me know if you don't get anything back.

What's happened to Martin as well? He used to be really active not not so much this season.

On the Peterson deal, I think I offered more than that before the season started but I can't remember the specifics. For Cowboy's situation, moving your stud for depth was never a good move unless it was young guys with upside for future seasons. At first glance I didn't think it was the worst deal as Greene and Brown perhaps had some trade value.

There have been a couple of offers, Donnie, which you've made to me over the last couple of years which would have been ridiculous had I accepted. I doubt then you would brought the competitiveness of the league into question.

After the Jennings trade I told Gibby that I think he accepts trades too quickly, which is what I think he's done again. I would have thrown in a 1st rounder to get that deal done, but it's up to me to get the best value I can while trying to improve my team. I'm not going to apologise for other people's perceptions.

You say the guys traded have no value. Well, once Brown comes back he's got three players he capable of starting over one. All of them are young, and all of them are starters in the league. He's had AP since this league started and its not done him any favours. At the end of the day, who are you to call into question how people rate their players going in and out of their team?

I'm sorry, but to insinuate that there has been any sort of cohesion between Gibby and I is highly insulting.

Craig

There have been a couple of offers, Donnie, which you've made to me over the last couple of years which would have been ridiculous had I accepted. I doubt then you would brought the competitiveness of the league into question.

After the Jennings trade I told Gibby that I think he accepts trades too quickly, which is what I think he's done again. I would have thrown in a 1st rounder to get that deal done, but it's up to me to get the best value I can while trying to improve my team. I'm not going to apologise for other people's perceptions.

You say the guys traded have no value. Well, once Brown comes back he's got three players he capable of starting over one. All of them are young, and all of them are starters in the league. He's had AP since this league started and its not done him any favours. At the end of the day, who are you to call into question how people rate their players going in and out of their team?

I'm sorry, but to insinuate that there has been any sort of cohesion between Gibby and I is highly insulting.

Craig

Yeah, I think it's fair enough and wouldn't suggest that was the case.

IMO, Donnie has profited a lot from the inexperience of other league members (myself included).

Reminds me of that time I gave a shiney Blastoise for a handful of shit cards when I started collecting Pokemon. :sob:

Is this someone in particular? Ill always try and send some sort of response.

I'm not naming names, it happens frequently. Obviously up to others as to whether or by they give a reason when rejecting an offer. It's just rather odd if they don't bother (particularly if they have a player listed as bait) yet spend a lot of time on here discussing trades of others and potential trades that never apparently happen anyway.

I'm not naming names, it happens frequently. Obviously up to others as to whether or by they give a reason when rejecting an offer. It's just rather odd if they don't bother (particularly if they have a player listed as bait) yet spend a lot of time on here discussing trades of others and potential trades that never apparently happen anyway.

JT's odds have just been slashed.

Craig

What was the deal?

I was going to make a similar point to your first paragraph. Plenty of really, really shite offers are made to people - people seem to think its a good way to open negotiations. Would there be an inquest if people actually accept them?

What was the deal?

I was going to make a similar point to your first paragraph. Plenty of really, really shite offers are made to people - people seem to think its a good way to open negotiations. Would there be an inquest if people actually accept them?

Everyone wants to get as much out of a deal as possible. I view it as going in with what I'm comfortable giving, then the other guy comes back with what he wants and we try to meet somewhere in the middle if that's acceptable.

I dont think anything underhand has happened but I can see to a certain extent why Donnie questioned. Thing is most of us dont know what craps trade offers are put in unless it happens to us. well done to Forrester for getting the deal done. Every one of US would do the exact same thing. As for trade bait dont get me started on them.

Everyone wants to get as much out of a deal as possible. I view it as going in with what I'm comfortable giving, then the other guy comes back with what he wants and we try to meet somewhere in the middle if that's acceptable.

Which is entirely fair enough. Others view offers as offers, not signals to start negotiations. Again, fair enough. People can offer, and accept what they see fit.

I looked back at this AP deal- he got (off top of my head) two starting RBs, a half-decent young WR and a couple of picks in return, as far as I can tell. Hardly "junk", particularly for a team whose record suggests is generally weak.

I looked back at this AP deal- he got (off top of my head) two starting RBs, a half-decent young WR and a couple of picks in return, as far as I can tell. Hardly "junk", particularly for a team whose record suggests is generally weak.

Looks like junk to me anyway.

I think I'm also fairly good at responding about why I reject a trade.

Edited by JamboTaylor

I try and respond to most offers. But when the offer is completely ridiculous I tend to just reject it, rather than tell them what I really think :verymad:

So they've decided not to make red zone available for the early games this week, because of the London game.

But if you've got an xbox, you can get it through the tv section as it's on Sky Sports xtra :thumbsup:

So they've decided not to make red zone available for the early games this week, because of the London game.

But if you've got an xbox, you can get it through the tv section as it's on Sky Sports xtra :thumbsup:

Not for me, Virgin Media. :down:

Illegal stream for me then...

Sterling Archer

Craig

As has been covered by Dizzle and others, sometimes an opening offer is a bit lower than what is reasonable and I think that's fair enough. Most tend to do that.

I'll also agree with you that you can't control what someone accepts. In this case though I'm pretty sure he could have got significantly more from you or someone else.

On the subject of what the players in the trade are actually worth yes everyone will have different opinions, that's fine. It just seems in this case to be overwhelmingly one sided in a lot of people's view. You've got the views of the guys here who have pretty much agreed as well as the views from people over at FBGs forums (all trades are posted in the big dynasty trade thread over there). Some quotes

Horrible trade. If I was 0-7, I'd be looking to move Peterson too. But not for this.
Terrible. At least he could have got a 1st rather this mess. If his goal is to get younger it doesn't make sense to get another RB (Greene) who's the same age as Peterson.
I'm curious what was the league's reaction to this deal? An 0-7 team trades away a top dynasty RB (even if he is 27), and gets 2 RBs that could likely not even be starting RBs next year, a marginal WR and two decent (at best) draft picks.<br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); "><br style="color: rgb(28, 40, 55); font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px; background-color: rgb(250, 251, 252); ">Something just seems way off on this one.

Now none of these guys are experts but it's fair to say that views on this are pretty one sided. I wouldn't suggest I have any divine right to comment on this stuff (and that's why I don't veto trades) but that's what we spend the majority of this thread doing.

I'm sorry but as commish I need to consider these possibilities.

1. You guys know each other personally (that's pretty unique in this league).

2. It's not the first one sided trade between your two teams.

I wouldn't be doing my job if I wasn't asking questions about this stuff.

I dont think anything underhand has happened but I can see to a certain extent why Donnie questioned. Thing is most of us dont know what craps trade offers are put in unless it happens to us. well done to Forrester for getting the deal done. Every one of US would do the exact same thing. As for trade bait dont get me started on them.

Thanks, for the record I'm not criticising Forrester for getting the deal done. Everyone tries the lowball first.

Sterling Archer

The weather factor could be interesting in a few games today.

Yeah I'm starting Richardson for exactly that reason. Bad weather should mean less passing hopefully.

As has been covered by Dizzle and others, sometimes an opening offer is a bit lower than what is reasonable and I think that's fair enough. Most tend to do that.

I'll also agree with you that you can't control what someone accepts. In this case though I'm pretty sure he could have got significantly more from you or someone else.

On the subject of what the players in the trade are actually worth yes everyone will have different opinions, that's fine. It just seems in this case to be overwhelmingly one sided in a lot of people's view. You've got the views of the guys here who have pretty much agreed as well as the views from people over at FBGs forums (all trades are posted in the big dynasty trade thread over there). Some quotes

Now none of these guys are experts but it's fair to say that views on this are pretty one sided. I wouldn't suggest I have any divine right to comment on this stuff (and that's why I don't veto trades) but that's what we spend the majority of this thread doing.

I'm sorry but as commish I need to consider these possibilities.

1. You guys know each other personally (that's pretty unique in this league).

2. It's not the first one sided trade between your two teams.

I wouldn't be doing my job if I wasn't asking questions about this stuff.

Thanks, for the record I'm not criticising Forrester for getting the deal done. Everyone tries the lowball first.

Fair dues questioning it- as you say that's the part of the commissioner role.

I think the trade is pretty honking for one of the teams, but not honking enough to suggest anything underhand is happening.