• Our new centre half is a Vald signing
    • Black is a csaba signing
    • We looked solid at the back
    • We are all cretins and Csaba leaves tomorrow for St Johnstone

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again
I'm always excited when the season starts.

I look forward to seeing Hearts as much as anybody.

However...

We are still 3 players short of having a team capable of winning anything imo - 2 strikers and goalscoring midfielder.

The bit in bold is where I feel all this vast amount of 'negative posters' guff comes from.

IMO, what you've said there is a perfectly valid point. However, it gets translated on here as 'so you've written Wittenveen off already?' 'GTF we don't need you at Tynecastle anyway' 'Gorgie Rules' etc'

Granted WK is not the worse offender, and had clearly had a few shandies last night, but surely nobody believes 'too many ***** on here would rather see Hearts relegated'?

Drylaw Hearts
The bit in bold is where I feel all this vast amount of 'negative posters' guff comes from.

IMO, what you've said there is a perfectly valid point. However, it gets translated on here as 'so you've written Wittenveen off already?' 'GTF we don't need you at Tynecastle anyway' 'Gorgie Rules' etc'

Granted WK is not the worse offender, and had clearly had a few shandies last night, but surely nobody believes 'too many ***** on here would rather see Hearts relegated'?

Some do.

Some are even crazy enough to think I want Hearts to go bust.

All I want is for them to win.

Guest JamboRobbo
Some do.

Some are even crazy enough to think I want Hearts to go bust.

All I want is for them to win.

Know the feeling mate. I get all the ****e off the usual crazies. goes with the territory I guess.

All I ever want is the best for HMFC.

As an aside I missed the Pyramid of Doom labelling ceremony.

Is membership based on a 2D pyramid (eg a triangle - 3 members, but it was a "neat" variation on the theme of Vlads highly successful football "pyramid") or 3D with 4 sides and 4 members?

I presume its not based on the number of bricks in the average pyramid?

Is membership based on a 2D pyramid (eg a triangle - 3 members, but it was a "neat" variation on the theme of Vlads highly successful football "pyramid") or 3D with 4 sides and 4 members?

it's no longer a pyramid jammy. your ex-colleague drylaw has already flown the nest, flown solo according to him... and jamborobbo up there is still licking his wounds after being savaged by a rabid sheep yesterday.

i would say it's now more of a plateau of pish, a platform maybe.... perhaps a plinth.

the plinth of pish.

it's no longer a pyramid jammy. your ex-colleague drylaw has already flown the nest, flown solo according to him... and jamborobbo up there is still licking his wounds after being savaged by a rabid sheep yesterday.

i would say it's now more of a plateau of pish, a platform maybe.... perhaps a plinth.

the plinth of pish.

Things move so quickly.....

Its not alliteration but what about slab? Slab of pish.

Slab sounds denser you know a thick slab of pish.

Think you're a few bricks short of a pyramid! :jiggy:

the plinth of pish.

Lucky I had my camera on timer during the argument...

black-sheep.jpg

Chad Sexington
Lucky I had my camera on timer during the argument...

black-sheep.jpg

I must have missed that rumble.

What happened?

Drylaw Hearts

the plinth of pish.

I was never in a nest Vic.

Guys like Jammy T, Jambo Robbo and I work alone.

Like Ninja's in the night.

:th_woot:

I was never in a nest Vic.

Guys like Jammy T, Jambo Robbo and I work alone.

Like Ninja's in the night.

:th_woot:

what like autonomous silent assasins working behind enemy lines? a special forces regiment of highly trained killers.

the kickback SPS. special pish service. who dares have an opinion.

Drylaw Hearts
Sloppy work amigo

How long before we come "Ninjas of Shigh-t" now?

Even sloppier Jammy T....

The%20Three%20Amigos.jpg

:)

Drylaw Hearts
what like autonomous silent assasins working behind enemy lines? a special forces regiment of highly trained killers.

the kickback SPS. special pish service. who dares have an opinion.

Who dares wins.

s7_del.jpg

It's easy to have a go at the OP, but I think he has a point even if I might not express it in the same way he does.

We seem to have our fair share of members who are more concerned with wallowing in their own negativity and prolonging their personal feuds with others than with supporting the team that we're all supposed to follow and having some reasonable debate about that with other members.

If you're a reasonable person who isn't interested in looking out for their "enemies" on the board and jumping all over everything they say, I can see how this kind of carry-on might get on your nerves.

Just my two cents' worth.

Sorry, I thought message boards were all about opinion. My opinion is that Vlad has been and continues to be bad for Hearts. It's subjective to say whether that is right or wrong. That doesnt mean I am not a Hearts supporter and no I don't go looking for enemies on here. Oh and I am a reasonable person so if it's ok with you I'll drop in the odd post now and then, ok?

Guest JamboRobbo
Sorry, I thought message boards were all about opinion. My opinion is that Vlad has been and continues to be bad for Hearts. It's subjective to say whether that is right or wrong. That doesnt mean I am not a Hearts supporter and no I don't go looking for enemies on here. Oh and I am a reasonable person so if it's ok with you I'll drop in the odd post now and then, ok?

I agree it's a bit rich that one of the administrators is taking sides in this.

It's not just the "negative" posters (or "pyramid of pish" as we've been dubbed) who are guilty of being involved in feuds. Both sides have been guilty.

Fact is, we're all Hearts fans, and IMO, it's dissapointing to hear one of the admins get involved in this grouping of fans into corners, and suggesting that people who he deems "negative" are somehow not as good supporters as the happy clapper crew.

It's not just the "negative" posters (as we've been dubbed) who are guilty of being involved in feuds. Both sides have been guilty.

Fact is, we're all Hearts fans, and IMO, it's dissapointing to hear one of the admins get involved in this grouping of fans into corners, and suggesting that people who he deems "negative" are somehow not as good supporters as the happy clapper crew.

It wasn't made clear in his post but I'm assuming it's a personal opinion (there we go again with this opinions thing that we aren't supposed to have) rather than an administrators comment.

The feeling from the OP and the post we are talking about come across as another "do it this way or I'm a better Jambo than you" type post IMO

Guest JamboRobbo
The feeling from the OP and the post we are talking about come across as another "do it this way or I'm a better Jambo than you" type post IMO

It's pretty clear that quite a few posters seems to think being blindly optomistic does make them a better supporter.

For me, we're all just Hearts fans with a different opinion.

Walter Kidd
It wasn't made clear in his post but I'm assuming it's a personal opinion (there we go again with this opinions thing that we aren't supposed to have) rather than an administrators comment.

Absolute horse manure. I'm not a better supporter than anyone. I was stating an opinion. Apologies for having one.

Drylaw Hearts
To be fair JR always stands with his hands on his hips like that....

And I've always been a huge fan of Chevy Chase.

We could be on to something here.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
It wasn't made clear in his post but I'm assuming it's a personal opinion

I'd imagine that's what 'just my 2 cents worth' means.

OI!!! remaining plinth of pish members..... stop taking this too seriously. everyine loves you really.

Absolute horse manure. I'm not a better supporter than anyone. I was stating an opinion. Apologies for having one.

Ok. It's just that in one of your posts you talk about people would rather Hearts go down they should just support the team etc etc, check it again, just my opinion of your post mind, nothing else

Walter Kidd
Ok. It's just that in one of your posts you talk about people would rather Hearts go down they should just support the team etc etc, check it again, just my opinion of your post mind, nothing else

I meant in a business sense rather than a relegation sense and stand by it.

Anyone that would want us to go down just because of Vlad seriously needs their heed examined!

I'm no Vlad fan however the pain of being relagated would be absolutely terrible. All's said and done, if Vlad came good & started to mount a challenge against the old firm then I'd change my mind.... Again! That's because we're all fickle :qqb016:

Vlad can't mount a challenge - he's the owner. He can put things in place to allow the manager and team to challenge the old firm - like financing a reasonable haul of summer signings at a time when the rest of the league's squads (other than Smellic's) are contracting, butting out of team affairs to allow the manager to manage and backing off to the extent that we are able to keep the same manager in place for more than 6 weeks at a time to give us some consistency.

I know that others have argued (very well!) that the 06 pre-season, when Burley arrived and all the new signings were announced, was our best under Vlad, but I am very much of the opinion that, as that season ended up being such a disappointment (OK, it wisnae 86, but from a club infrastructure point of view, it was much much worse) this pre-season has been our most promising to date.

We all know how mental our owner is but he genuinely (touch wood) seems to have taken more of a background role this year and finally seems to have found a manager he trusts and respects. The Portugueezers are another example - in years gone by the manager would probably have been told that 'these are your new players', now it seems that Csaba was allowed to run the rule over these guys before the club ploughed more good money after bad.

I hope, as this also suggests, that there is still cash in the kitty to finance another signing or two, given that these guys had 3 year deals already agreed with the club.

What about Gilbert & Sullivan's 3 little maids from School?

Nah, I much prefer the idea of CurlyRobbo, LarryT and MagicMo!!!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Is it just me or is the "MAD VALD OOT" chat the crappest banter ever?

Anyway, looking forward to the season. Should sew up 3rd easy with this squad and a cup would be cracking.

Daydream Believer
Is it just me or is the "MAD VALD OOT" chat the crappest banter ever?

Anyway, looking forward to the season. Should sew up 3rd easy with this squad and a cup would be cracking.

Nope no just you. Especially when you have to scroll through a page of it before anyone's even complained.

We have an irritating number of fans both on KB and who frequent Tynecastle who are far too quick to critisise and attempt to lay blame somewhere when things go wrong. They seem to have a similar attitude to Rangers fans in that they expect us to win every game and when we don't everyone at the club is open to abuse. We've won 15 trophies in our entire 135 year history, we've failed to make it into Europe more often than not and yet some of our supporters genuinely seem to expect us to win 30 league games a season. When we draw somewhere like New Douglas Park or lose at Rugby Park the overreaction is astonishing - these are not unusual results for us, yet every time its treated like its the first time we've ever dropped points to that team.

People who pay their money or are members of this forum are obviously fully entitled to air their opinion, but I really don't see any point whatsoever on getting on people's backs and sensationalising things, like calling injured players "wage thiefs". Slagging players off for one poor performance like gets done on here is ridiculous; Obua has been proving people wrong, Zal has been proving people wrong, heck even Clum had people doubting his inability for a while, and yet people are still jumping on players backs, even in pre season with new signings who haven't played a single competitive game for us. Ultimately there is nothing constructive in coming on here or shouting at Tynie that xxxxx is gash.

Vlad saved Tynecastle and invested heavily in the team but he also pi55ed around with the management of the team so he's not all bad but he's not all good either. And yet if you read some posts on here you'd think he'd killed some babies.

It is my opinion that we have an overly negative support, and when this negativity is voiced at the games is detrimental to the team. I don't think anyone can argue that it helps guys like Clum to have 1000 people screaming abuse at him everytime he takes a less than 100% perfect touch. Just my opinion mind.

Well said that man!

Think my signature sums it up nicely!

Thanks for the kind words, but this isn't about pessimism and optimism. It's about people who lie in wait for each other so that they can run their JKB ambushes - morning after morning after bluidy morning.

I don't recall you wallowing in your own negativity or engaging in personal feuds with others. What could possibly make you think I was talking about you?

:thumb:

No you don't, for two reasons. Firstly, bighalders didn't say that for you to agree with it. Secondly, administrator or not, I'm as entitled to an opinion as anyone else on the board.

Both sides have been guilty.

Sides? Sounds like you're lying in wait for your enemies, real or perceived. If "both sides" are guilty then "both sides" should grow up a bit.

it's dissapointing to hear one of the admins get involved in this grouping of fans into corners

But it's OK for you to do it. Why?

the happy clapper crew.

As I asked above, it's OK for you to do it. Why?

Guest JamboRobbo

As I asked above, it's OK for you to do it. Why?

It's not ok for anyone to do it, and I accept I shouldn't really use a phrase like "happy clappers".

But it happens every day on the board.

I only use phrases like that in direct response to digs like "Pyramid of Pish", or suggesting people are "more concerned with wallowing in their own negativity and prolonging their personal feuds with others than with supporting the team" etc.

I don't think it's unreasonable to respond in kind to comments like that fired towards people who are Hearts supporters the same as anyone else.

Nope no just you. Especially when you have to scroll through a page of it before anyone's even complained.

Maybe it can be *'d out, the same way as "****-faced ****-bag"? Should add the Nade burger boredom to that list too...

We have an irritating number of fans both on KB and who frequent Tynecastle who are far too quick to critisise and attempt to lay blame somewhere when things go wrong. They seem to have a similar attitude to Rangers fans in that they expect us to win every game and when we don't everyone at the club is open to abuse. We've won 15 trophies in our entire 135 year history, we've failed to make it into Europe more often than not and yet some of our supporters genuinely seem to expect us to win 30 league games a season. When we draw somewhere like New Douglas Park or lose at Rugby Park the overreaction is astonishing - these are not unusual results for us, yet every time its treated like its the first time we've ever dropped points to that team.

People who pay their money or are members of this forum are obviously fully entitled to air their opinion, but I really don't see any point whatsoever on getting on people's backs and sensationalising things, like calling injured players "wage thiefs". Slagging players off for one poor performance like gets done on here is ridiculous; Obua has been proving people wrong, Zal has been proving people wrong, heck even Clum had people doubting his inability for a while, and yet people are still jumping on players backs, even in pre season with new signings who haven't played a single competitive game for us. Ultimately there is nothing constructive in coming on here or shouting at Tynie that xxxxx is gash.

Vlad saved Tynecastle and invested heavily in the team but he also pi55ed around with the management of the team so he's not all bad but he's not all good either. And yet if you read some posts on here you'd think he'd killed some babies.

It is my opinion that we have an overly negative support, and when this negativity is voiced at the games is detrimental to the team. I don't think anyone can argue that it helps guys like Clum to have 1000 people screaming abuse at him everytime he takes a less than 100% perfect touch. Just my opinion mind.

hearts won the cup in 98 when i was 18,up until that point me and my best had always said we would die happy to see hearts win it once,im 29 now and to have seen hearts win it twice is amazing

i think some fans have been spoiled,i know that should hearts never win a trophy again in my lifetime i will die happy having experienced those 2 wonderful cup wins

It's not ok for anyone to do it, and I accept I shouldn't really use a phrase like "happy clappers".

But it happens every day on the board.

I only use phrases like that in direct response to digs like "Pyramid of Pish", or suggesting people are "more concerned with wallowing in their own negativity and prolonging their personal feuds with others than with supporting the team" etc.

I don't think it's unreasonable to respond in kind to comments like that fired towards people who are Hearts supporters the same as anyone else.

Either you accept that you shouldn't use the phrase or you don't. If you do, stop making excuses for it.

And the rest?

Too much reading bollocks on here before the season is kicked off. If I get banned I do not care.

Too many ****ing idiots on this site would rather see Hearts go down because of the owner that get behind their team.

Gorgie Rules. If you don't like what is going on then go follow whoever. Keep your negativity for this site, which is over run by people who will never follow the Hearts.

We'll never die.

I can smell the fresh air. Come on the Hearts.

Archived