Mafia DUNE

jambopompey

yvonnejambo

I have not a scooby what that is all about but looks like we have lost our doctor on the 1st night :taz::taz:

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have not a scooby what that is all about but looks like we have lost our doctor on the 1st night :taz::taz:

Dull one that!

When did Mark De Vries turn up?

yvonnejambo
lucky hit for the goons, alba doc lesson no.1 protect yourself 1st night :sorcerer:

Bit bloody late for those words of wisdom! :smash:

I.J's not roled I think he's not really that bothered in the game and will be mod-killed anyway.

hmmmm not much to go on is there? vote Martin sorry my falkirk chum but you've been awfy quiet in this game compared to your usual self.

Boo, after all this time you go for me? Maybe I'm quiet but still a bit burned out from the last game which required a lot of effort. Am only a townie or the equivalent in this game.

Poor stuff getting rid of Bev, its boring that people went for her first again and it's frustrating to lose the doc already

BoJack Horseman

Well that's a bit crap. Didn't think I did anything worthy of attracting goon attention so didn't feel the need to cripple a possible protection tomorrow night.

Oh well.

thehibsareintheirbeds
Well that's a bit crap. Didn't think I did anything worthy of attracting goon attention so didn't feel the need to cripple a possible protection tomorrow night.

Oh well.

unlucky mate, nightmare losing you so early, especially after your heroics in the last game.

onwards and upwards!

ArmiyaRomanova
unlucky mate, nightmare losing you so early, especially after your heroics in the last game.

onwards and upwards!

Could that (bolded) have been what did for Albannach?

I didn't play in (or even follow) the last couple of game - so I've no idea what's being talked about there.

But for those that did play the last game - whoever Albannach took out (assuming that's what he did) might be a goon this time round, and harbouring a grudge. Any clue there for anyone?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Could that (bolded) have been what did for Albannach?

I didn't play in (or even follow) the last couple of game - so I've no idea what's being talked about there.

But for those that did play the last game - whoever Albannach took out (assuming that's what he did) might be a goon this time round, and harbouring a grudge. Any clue there for anyone?

FYI, I was a goon last time and he took me out but it wasn't me seeking revenge.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Looking at the list of votes for Albannach last time out, I'll kick things off by keeping my vote the same as before.

vote milky_26

Rick Grimes

sheesh.... had to read that twiceagain JP and still haven't a clue what you're talking about.... and to boot it apparently meant we'd lost the fekn Doc!

:(

I was in bed early as up early and missed all the deadline action.

I agree with Armiya that Alba was probably killed by the goons as he was such a crucial player last time which means nothing this game. The goons got lucky.

Rick Grimes

still not much to go on as ever at this stage. the goons got lucky with Alb last night - I'd doubt if they actually voted for him too. hopefully we can get a hint with any investigation that might have happened last night - but be subtle!!

I'm only stating this as a 'how I'd play it' scenario, but I'd say whatever the investigation revealed the cop and masons have to be extremely careful - even to the point of letting some townies cop it. Their preservation is paramount.

We've lost the doc so there's no protection for anybody any more...unless JP is willing to assign a junior doctor role to someone...?

Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it's beyond crap that we've lynched someone who only attracted 3 votes out of the 22 available?

The goons aren't even having to work for their lynchings in these early stages.

I propose that, for anybody running future games, if a clear majority isn't reached then there's at least a minimum threshold that makes it a wee bit harder for the goons to swan through the first few days almost unnoticed. I've never really been a fan of deadlines - other than when I've been a goon. Or the moderator.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Surely I'm not the only one who thinks it's beyond crap that we've lynched someone who only attracted 3 votes out of the 22 available?

I propose that, for anybody running future games, if a clear majority isn't reached then there's at least a minimum threshold that makes it a wee bit harder for the goons to swan through the first few days almost unnoticed. I've never really been a fan of deadlines - other than when I've been a goon. Or the moderator.

Boof, I think you're taking this too seriously. Chill!

not going to be on a lot today so, to get a vote in vote Geoff....

Reasoning? Boof's idea that would make the goons 'work to not be lynched' was quickly rubbished by Geoff. possibly a goon, wanting the safe route out?

hope that made any sense.

It was more of a 'make the goons work harder in the first few days to ensure a townie gets lynched' - that would give them less of an easy ride, IMO.

There's been precious little goon-lynching on day 1 in any game that I can remember.

BoJack Horseman
It was more of a 'make the goons work harder in the first few days to ensure a townie gets lynched' - that would give them less of an easy ride, IMO.

There's been precious little goon-lynching on day 1 in any game that I can remember.

wooooo

Um, the last game? :P

wooooo

Rick Grimes

Its a fair point. These games are generally stacked heavily to one side or another after the first 2 days which, as you say, are pretty much complete guesswork.

We're looking like another day of guessing again before patterns start to emerge.

therealmackay
not going to be on a lot today so, to get a vote in vote Geoff....

Reasoning? Boof's idea that would make the goons 'work to not be lynched' was quickly rubbished by Geoff. possibly a goon, wanting the safe route out?

i agree with scotland and boof that this was slightly suspicious but ill hold off voting just now to see if anything more interesting happns later on as this is a 48 hour day

jambopompey
lucky hit for the goons, alba doc lesson no.1 protect yourself 1st night :sorcerer:

I was tempted to mail albannach back to change his mind on not protecting anyone, but that would have in my eyes be cheating and I have to stay impartial

Pretty dissapointing first night.

As per there is not much to go on at the moment.

It's a difficult one because I agree that it's complete pot luck in the first round or two. The problem if we leave it a few days is that it might tend to drag a bit and in the end we might still be left with guessing.

Perhaps another idea is just to make the deadline pretty short when the game starts. It means that it might get a bit more lively at the start and even if not, we've not wasted time to make a total guess.

Might as well put a vote in now and see what happens before I'm off to the match

Vote thehibsareintheirbeds

BoJack Horseman
I was tempted to mail albannach back to change his mind on not protecting anyone, but that would have in my eyes be cheating and I have to stay impartial

woooo

Never been the doc before so never even thought about that. And as I said, I didn't think i'd done anything out of the ordinary. Guess they just wanted rid of me early.

/wooos

Boof's idea that would make the goons 'work to not be lynched' was quickly rubbished by Geoff. possibly a goon, wanting the safe route out?

Hmmmm - that's not how I read it. You could be right, though. Or wrong.

i agree with scotland and boof that this was slightly suspicious but ill hold off voting just now to see if anything more interesting happns later on as this is a 48 hour day

Hold on, I didn't say anything was suspicious...

Just as a thought to make the goons work harder for future games the Moderator could set them tasks they have to complete or face modkilling e.g. post at least 5 times in the 1st day, vote for someone in particular, make sure they all post a certain word at least once e.g. 'cheese'.

Obviously the tasks would have to be unknown to anybody else but could give the Mod a bit of fun on the 1st day's play and make the goons work a bit harder.

Hmmmm - that's not how I read it. You could be right, though. Or wrong.

Hold on, I didn't say anything was suspicious...

Just as a thought to make the goons work harder for future games the Moderator could set them tasks they have to complete or face modkilling e.g. post at least 5 times in the 1st day, vote for someone in particular, make sure they all post a certain word at least once e.g. 'cheese'.

Obviously the tasks would have to be unknown to anybody else but could give the Mod a bit of fun on the 1st day's play and make the goons work a bit harder.

That sounds like a basis for a Big Brother mafia game.

Day one - Marcus has said banana hammock whilst looking at boofs bar.

Chris Benoit

nothing to go on so gonna

vote malky

he deserves it cos he won't let me play football :42:

nothing to go on so gonna

vote malky

he deserves it cos he won't let me play football :42:

maybe he is afraid of you injuring yourself :hammer:

it's an interesting idea Boof, not sure anout the 'cheese' idea purely because it will quickly get seized upon like what happened a few games back when folk were 'checking in'

ps Marty, it's not my fault you're pish

yvonnejambo

Still zero to go on apart from maybe a claim of good role for 2 players. I will stick a vote on Malky just because he voted me

Rick Grimes
le petit jambon et fromage dans sur la table.

Je suis le President de Burundi et j'aime beaucoup les poissons avec les chapeaux rouges

Archived