Mafia DUNE

jambopompey

But JP won't be revealing the investigation result to the masses - it could be a lucky strike from a townie.

Or the information could be kept filed and used to see who backs up another mafioso if one becomes threatened.

There's probably more ways it could be used but caution is always the watchword.

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
if i was the cop id use bs

bs stands for bull**** right :bulb2:

its the boof strategem, boof can explain it fully

Chris Benoit

if i was the cop i wouldn't use bs, pretty much agree with what CH said I feel it's a wasted investigation when the cop could be looking for hints in folks posts and any vote changing that occurs

But isn't the first day's voting traditionally a useless thing to go on anyway?

Any goons worth their goonly salt will know to do just enough to stay out of harm's way and deflect any attention elsewhere if necessary.

To be honest, I don't think that the first day's voting gives much information compared to the information that would be transferred using BS. Unless on the exceptionally rare occasion that we do bag us a goon - in which case the information is out there anyway.

I'm not convinced of your reasons for dismissing it.

But isn't the first day's voting traditionally a useless thing to go on anyway?

Any goons worth their goonly salt will know to do just enough to stay out of harm's way and deflect any attention elsewhere if necessary.

To be honest, I don't think that the first day's voting gives much information compared to the information that would be transferred using BS. Unless on the exceptionally rare occasion that we do bag us a goon - in which case the information is out there anyway.

I'm not convinced of your reasons for dismissing it.

I dont care much about it. I see it as a form of cheating. It takes all the fun away from paranoia.

I see it as a form of cheating.

That's a bit strong! It's simply using the tools we have available to their best advantage. You've modded games I've played in...you know how I'll seek out anything that can be used to my team's advantage. In this case my 'team' is simply the rest of the townies.

It takes all the fun away from paranoia.

Remember there's only going to be a handful of folk party to the information - the majority of us will still be cluelessly paranoid.

we have 3 very clever goons, read that as long time, experienced players, and malky who we are voting for.

ooooh not wanting me to mabe pick an unlucky number to name?

still no reply, are you calling in the the army??

i've named 3 but i'm too busy watchin 2 and half half men with martin sheens son in it to name the 4th

Yowser - I've just sussed out Bev's clues :laugh:

Rick Grimes
Yowser - I've just sussed out Bev's clues :laugh:

bloody hell. that's pretty impressive given she was rat-arsed :)

jambopompey

post count and votes up to post 159

MalkyMcFrench 20

Boof 19

Beverley 18

jambopompey 16

Marty-French 15

kitster 12

jam tartan 8

milky_26 6

Geoff Kilpatrick 6

Deek 6

Commander Harris 5

yvonnejambo 4

Csaba Wabba 4

Martin 3

thehibsareintheirbeds 3

ArmiyaRomanova 3

Arnold 2

Cigaro 2

Albannach 2

Pugsy 93 2

therealmackay 2

scotland 1

bev 3

milky 3

I.J 2

malky 2

cigaro 1

boof 1

THAITB 1

scotland 1

martin 1

albannach 1

non poster I.J

i have the following posters as not casting a vote

I.J

albannach

kitster

boof

any discrepancies please say

Boof played the same game last time. Not voting until the very end. He was a townie that game and by the way he is playing here probably still a townie.

So I would say Bev's goon theory was a mad drunken ramble, which also makes me think she is a townie. Completely different way of posting from the last four or five games when she has been bad.

IJ is for the chop so voting for him is a waste.

I am going to vote Scotland. Far to quiet compared to the last game when he had a crucial role.

I'll agree that I haven't cast a vote yet.

But here it comes...just a feeling folks so don't condemn me either way...Vote Pugsy

There ye go - me's voteded.

Off oot to build a galley now so will miss the deadline.

Stay safe, townspeople.

Boof played the same game last time. Not voting until the very end. He was a townie that game and by the way he is playing here probably still a townie.

So I would say Bev's goon theory was a mad drunken ramble, which also makes me think she is a townie. Completely different way of posting from the last four or five games when she has been bad.

IJ is for the chop so voting for him is a waste.

I am going to vote Scotland. Far to quiet compared to the last game when he had a crucial role.

Been quite busy up till now, but fair point.

Fraser

Chris Benoit

unvote milky

vote I.J

Looks like I.J is doing an I.J so might as well get shot of him

unvote milky

vote I.J

Looks like I.J is doing an I.J so might as well get shot of him

Waste of a vote if he is getting mod killed. By not voting for somebody else apart from IJ you are ducking out of a true vote.

I.J's not roled I think he's not really that bothered in the game and will be mod-killed anyway.

hmmmm not much to go on is there? vote Martin sorry my falkirk chum but you've been awfy quiet in this game compared to your usual self.

jambopompey

vote count up to post 169

bev 3

milky 3

I.J 3

malky 2

scotland 2

cigaro 1

boof 1

THAITB 1

martin 2

albannach 1

pugsy 1

you know how i said after the first night it would be 24 hour deadlines, well guess who forgot that the famous where playing tomorrow, next deadline will be wednesday, will revert to 24 hour deadlines until the next Hearts game where it will bounce back to a 48 hour game

i have trouble telling the change of posting style from someone who was a townie in the last game to being a bit less talkative this time. They are either a goon or a roled player, so i will keep my suspicions quiet for now, but watch this space..

(well about two pages futher on. Somewhere about post 232.)

vote count up to post 169

bev 3

milky 3

I.J 3

malky 2

scotland 2

cigaro 1

boof 1

THAITB 1

martin 2

albannach 1

pugsy 1

you know how i said after the first night it would be 24 hour deadlines, well guess who forgot that the famous where playing tomorrow, next deadline will be wednesday, will revert to 24 hour deadlines until the next Hearts game where it will bounce back to a 48 hour game

pompey, is that vote count right?

as martys unvote on me would put me down to two, wouldn't it

and vote albannach

Chris Benoit

and vote albannach

Yeah your right Milky, don't think it's a wasted vote on I.J, i'd rather vote off a non-poster on day 1 than take a stab in the dark and leave us 2 down, probably 3 down after the night time activities, can't always get a fluke like me and Malky did in the last game

jambopompey

voting up to post 177

current vote in bold

1. Beverley: malky

2. Commander Harris: I.J

3. Geoff Kilpatrick: boof, milky

6. milky_26: albannach

7. I.J:

8. Arnold: milky

9. Albannach:

10. Kitster: martin

11. Scotland: malky

12. Marty-French: milky, I.J

13. Boof: pugsy

14. MalkyMcFrench: bev, I.J, csaba

15. Armiya: THAITB

16.Yvonnejambo: bev

17. jam tartan: bev

18. therealmackay: bev

19. Cigaro: albannach

20. thehibsareintheirbeds: martin

21. csaba wabba: scotland

22. Pugsy 93: cigaro

23. Martin: boof

25. Deek: yvonne, marty, scotland

that leaves, milky, I.J and albannach to vote.

voting up to post 170

current vote in bold

6. milky_26:

7. I.J:

9. Albannach:

14. MalkyMcFrench: bev, I.J

that leaves, milky, I.J and albannach to vote.

i've voted albannach

could I put my neck on the line here and say I don't think Bev is a goon, her opening night ramblings convinced me she isn't and I'm one of the ones she wanted strung up

think the votes for her could be better placed elsewhere

jambopompey

and vote albannach

caught it with my latest update, unlike others i use the old bits of paper system, makes it easier to double check, will, update the list in a few minutes>

i will be using post numbers to keep myself in track, but please if i do make a mistake please say, i am using the post count number as reference times, so if any mistakes can be easily tracked back to the last post number

unvote IJ

vote csaba wabba

a lot quieter than usual

thats what i just said, ya baffon!

you keep up your good work :thumb:

jambopompey

votes up to post 180

voting up to post 180

current vote in bold

6. milky_26: albannach

7. I.J:

9. Albannach:

14. MalkyMcFrench: bev, I.J, csaba

that leaves I.J and albannach to vote.

votes as they stand at post 180

bev 3

malky 2

I.J 2

milky 2

albannach 2

martin 2

scotland 2

pugsy 1

csaba 1

THAITB 1

cigaro 1

boof 1

yvonnejambo
could I put my neck on the line here and say I don't think Bev is a goon, her opening night ramblings convinced me she isn't and I'm one of the ones she wanted strung up

think the votes for her could be better placed elsewhere

Still dont trust her sorry. maybe could have believed her as I did also notice the 2 names missing from the initial PM, but she aint explained why she chose the other 2. So still a dodgy person in my eyes and my vote stands.

jambopompey

46 minutes until deadline, a reminder to the rolled players that the deadline for your choices is 10pm.

BoJack Horseman

Got held up again, so couldn't be as active as i'd like during the day.

Vote Pugsy

Totally random, just need to get my vote in.

jambopompey

bev 3

malky 2

I.J 2

milky 2

albannach 2

martin 2

scotland 2

pugsy 2

csaba 1

THAITB 1

cigaro 1

boof 1

3 minutes to go

i'm not a goon, unfortunately so lynching me is a waste of a vote to be honest

i went through my list again just now, and it actually doesn't make any sense to me now...

i think what i did was write everyone playings name down then scored them off as they appeared on the pm list, but no idea how i got it wrong

ach well

unvote malky and vote milky

ties us up and my only reason for that vote is the fecker stole my number, so is gonna be a badun

jambopompey

bev 3

milky 3

I.J 2

malky 2

albannach 2

martin 2

scotland 2

pugsy 2

csaba 1

THAITB 1

cigaro 1

boof 1

we have a 2 way tie.

please await results of the random pick a lynch machine

jambopompey

as the fremen and Atradies waited at the temple in Arrakeen, did they manage to gain revenge on their fallen Duke Leto.

The crowd swayed as they had picked their target, their crysknifes at their hand, did they get the evil harkonnens.

they picked Beverley

now did she have Harkonnen blood running through her

Beverley

Hark...........

she cried

it was

hark i am a

Fremen

Beverley fremen lynched.

rolled players your choices

jambopompey
fremen just a townie then i'm a bit lost with all the lingo

yes, fremen is a plain old vanilla townie

jambopompey

as the crowd started to leave the temple, one person still remained

in his rush to get to the temple I.J had put his stillsuit on the wrong way, instead of conserving the bodies water it drained the body of his water.

I.J fremen modkilled

jambopompey

as night was at its darkest on the planet Arrakis, some stirring was happening, the Baron Harkonnen, would not rest, he had killed Duke Leto Atradies with help from the Suk doctor Yueh, but would he allow the doctor to continue to live, a spy in the camp or a threat to the future,

wellingtonYueh.jpg[/img]

As Dune begins, a longstanding feud exists between the decadent House Harkonnen of Giedi Prime and the honorable House Atreides of Caladan. The Baron Vladimir Harkonnen's intent to exterminate the Atreides line seems close to fruition as Duke Leto Atreides is lured to the desert planet Arrakis on the pretense of taking over the valuable melange operation there. The Baron has an agent in the Atreides household: Leto's own physician, the trusted Suk doctor Wellington Yueh. Though Suk Imperial Conditioning supposedly makes the subject incapable of inflicting harm, the Baron's twisted Mentat Piter De Vries notes:[3]

? It's assumed that ultimate conditioning cannot be removed without killing the subject. However, as someone once observed, given the right lever you can move a planet. We found the lever that moved the doctor.[3] ?

The Baron has taken Yueh's wife Wanna prisoner, threatening her with torture and death unless Yueh complies with his demands. Harkonnen also distracts Leto's Mentat Thufir Hawat from discovering Yueh by guiding Hawat toward another suspect: Leto's Bene Gesserit concubine Lady Jessica. With Jessica herself eliminating suspects though her Bene Gesserit skills of observation and Truthsaying, Hawat notes that testing Yueh in this way would be "an empty gesture ... He's conditioned by the High College. That I know for certain." Jessica also notes her knowledge that "[Yueh's] wife was a Bene Gesserit slain by the Harkonnens ... Haven't you heard the hate in his voice when he speaks the Harkonnen name?"[3]

The Atreides are soon attacked by Harkonnen forces (secretly supplemented by the seemingly unstoppable Imperial Sardaukar) as Yueh follows orders and disables the protective shields around the Atreides palace on Arrakis. Also as instructed, Yueh takes Leto prisoner; however, suspecting that the Baron has already killed Wanna, Yueh provides the captive Leto with a fake tooth filled with poisonous gas as a means to kill the Baron (though Leto would die as well).[3]

Yueh discovers that Wanna is indeed dead moments before De Vries kills him, and Leto's assassination attempt of the Baron only kills Leto and De Vries. Leto and Jessica's son Paul Atreides flees into the desert with Jessica, aided by survival kits left for them by Yueh. Both are presumed dead, but are of course alive and living among the planet's native Fremen.

albannach doctor wellington yeuh

killed.

day time

jambopompey

2. Commander Harris

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

6. milky_26

10. Kitster

11. Scotland

12. Marty-French

13. Boof