4 names not on the pm list...

you wanna do the maths?

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rick Grimes
cheers JT

is that the only PM folk have got?

I'd assume the goons, masons etc all got another one.

Bev - your maths are wrong, there's only two missing names (I think)

4 names not on the pm list...

you wanna do the maths?

but I've not had any PM whatsoever

think we need JP to clarify things and if by chance those 4 are the goons then the roles need re-assigned

I'd assume the goons, masons etc all got another one.

Bev - your maths are wrong, there's only two missing names (I think)

look for the 4 names i mentioned on the pm list....

they aren't there.

but I've not had any PM whatsoever

think we need JP to clarify things and if by chance those 4 are the goons then the roles need re-assigned

is that so you guys manage to get away with it????

i think not

DEATH TO ALL GOONS

Rick Grimes
look for the 4 names i mentioned on the pm list....

they aren't there.

but Armiya & Martin are.

Boof - did you get a PM? does it just show a limited number or something??

but Armiya & Martin are.

Boof - did you get a PM? does it just show a limited number or something??

just double checked and they ain't on mine

I seem to have got my very own PM all to myself as there's nobody else on mine.

It was sent at 21:55 last night.

Good detective work, Bev.

Wrong, but good thinking.

I can only assume that Armiya and Martin are on folks' lists...? No idea about Malky's PM.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I seem to have got my very own PM all to myself as there's nobody else on mine.

It was sent at 21:55 last night.

Good detective work, Bev.

Wrong, but good thinking.

I can only assume that Armiya and Martin are on folks' lists...? No idea about Malky's PM.

They were both on mine. Both you and Malky were missing for some reason.

Hence my vote - no other reason.

Commander Harris

morning all. Just to say that, as usual for a sunday, I probably won't be on today. Will have a thorough read when I get back in this evening and vote then.

don't "honestly" me goon

quote of the night, i nearly choked on my cornflakes!

I don't know why but it sounded funny!

Ah, well, not much action other than a vote for me from doon below.

Gotta say I'd like clarification from JP about this (i.e. why I got missed off the original list) as I'll be scunnered to be voted off for such a flimsy reason. Well, I guess it's something I'd've latched on to if I'd noticed but when I saw Bev's 'check your PM's' post last night it twigged. Even more latchable onto if you've got a particular reason to accuse me of being guilty...eh, goons?

Vote for me by all means - it'll just leave fewer clues from the 1st day's voting - but please wait until you've heard from JP.

I could either C&P JP's PM onto here or forward it to everyone - and get JP to verify it, but that would leave me in the same position as paddy last game. Also I understand that PM's are tamperable with when forwarding so half of you won't believe it and four of you will believe it but pretend that you don't...bassas :laugh:

And as a final thought for the moment, cop...goannae use BS, eh?

It's infallible now that we know JP won't be revealing the investigation result to the masses.

In case you don't know what it is, if you're the cop, all you have to do for your first night's investigation is check the player below you on the list.When the masons get the result of the investigation they'll acquire two pieces of information. The status of the investigated player AND the knowledge of who has the cop role.

Mafia game purists sometimes decry this but it does work - if used carefully.

Just so that the masons are sure who the cop is...all you need to do is state whether or not you'd use it IF you were the cop. As long as everyone, or the majority of folk, makes some sort of statement regarding it, that should be enough people for the cop to hide amongst so the goons don't spot him.

jambopompey
They were both on mine. Both you and Malky were missing for some reason.

Hence my vote - no other reason.

just to clarify my PM mistake

i have just spotted that i never included both boof and malky in the start up PM i sent out.

Now whether they have a role or not i can not say, hoping this is my only mistake of the game, for some reason i went down the list of players and went from marty then onto armiya missing boof and malky to say the game had started

Jakers!! It says 'Post Quick Reply'...that last one was anything but quick :laugh:

Anyhoo - forgot to say...if I was the cop, I'd use BS.

i have just spotted that i never included both boof and malky in the start up PM i sent out.

Could you just clarify what time you sent out the original 'game start' PM?

Now whether they have a role or not i can not say, hoping this is my only mistake of the game, for some reason i went down the list of players and went from marty then onto armiya missing boof and malky to say the game had started

Aye, you can...:laugh:

Gotta say that's a good enough explanation for me - you guys'll have to make of it what you will.

I know I'm not a bad fellow - if all I can do for the town is leave the legacy of BS that'll have to be it.

Kudos to Bev for spotting it...can't see how she fingered Armiya and Martin though...?

Chris Benoit

Personally not gonna read anything into the drunken ramblings of Bev but i'll be keeping a close eye on things :th_love:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Fair play

Unvote Boof

And since he took Bev's 'devil number'....

Vote milky_26

jambopompey
Could you just clarify what time you sent out the original 'game start' PM?

i sent it out at 19:51 to everyone bar yourself and malky which i have already stated my mistake

Chris Benoit

vote jp :hanged:

To be fair you're off the hook at least you didn't lynch the wrong person

i sent it out at 19:51 to everyone bar yourself and malky which i have already stated my mistake

No probs - I was hoping to catch Csaba Wabba out but since he didn't post his 'PM's for everyone are cool' until 20:14 I guess he's off that particular hook.

yvonnejambo

If it was the case that 4 people never got the start up pm, then I would have suggested the roles were redistributed. If JP is telling the truth and it was just a genuine mistake then thats cool. (Although only Boof and malky missing), so not sure why Beverley added AR and Martin.

Anyway as I will never trust her

Vote Beverley

jambopompey
vote jp :hanged:

To be fair you're off the hook at least you didn't lynch the wrong person

that the aim for my first game, i hope that this was my only blip.

i think i have posted more in this game than the other games i have played.

ok, seeing as I received no PMs guess that means I'm a townie

thats the problem with folk insisting on getting a PM to say the game has started, it leaves it open to feck up (not a critcism of JP as I've done worse!)

it's not as if JP didn't say on the sign up thread when he expected to start so folks should know when to look out for it

anyway rant over, unvote Bev I'll give her the benefit of the doubt just now for her drunken ramblings

jambopompey

post count and vote update

Beverley 18

MalkyMcFrench 13

Boof 12

jambopompey 10

jam tartan 5

Marty-French 4

Geoff Kilpatrick 3

Csaba Wabba 3

milky_26 2

Deek 1

Pugsy 93 1

Martin 1

Cigaro 1

yvonnejambo 1

ArmiyaRomanova 1

Commander Harris 1

votes (up to post 77)

milky 2

bev 2

malky 1

just under 33 hours until deadline

12 votes for a lynch

Great theme JP!! I love Dune! :sorcerer: The spice does indeed rule the universe.

Think its all a bit random the now guys and drunken theories don't give us much to go on, so I'm not voting just now.

Morning folks (I know it is afternoon). 1 post to my name, which was a drunken post, so had better get a move on to catch some of the others.

Vote Yvonne for mucking up the last game.:sorcerer:

yvonnejambo
Morning folks (I know it is afternoon). 1 post to my name, which was a drunken post, so had better get a move on to catch some of the others.

Vote Yvonne for mucking up the last game.:sorcerer:

:punk::punk::qqb001: That is all I have to say on that!

Rick Grimes

so it was just the 2 missed by accident? ok, false alarm. what a surprise, eh?

therealmackay

rather new to all this and there does seem to be a lot of things going on only alf of which seem to make sense however

vote bev

just cause

:punk::punk::qqb001: That is all I have to say on that!

Only joking, unvote Yvonne

Will vote a sleeper later on.

Harry Palmer

Afternoon all.

No idea what Dune is about but that doesn't matter.

Will vote tomorrow.

Afternoon all.

Will vote tomorrow.

Brilliant book with a film adaptation. We are probably due another movie of it now..remakes are big business these days.

Not sure of the chat about my absence from the pm list because I was there. Bit of stirring already!

Vote Boof

Just because he denied me the win in the last game

jambopompey
Brilliant book with a film adaptation. We are probably due another movie of it now..remakes are big business these days.

the scfi channel done both dune and children of dune, there is talk of a third one, the scfi version was much closer to the book than the 84 version

the scfi channel done both dune and children of dune, there is talk of a third one, the scfi version was much closer to the book than the 84 version

that's exciting!! both my parents are chemists and love all things sci-fi..I remember going to the original film aged 7 with my sister and it went on for hours and hours. I was still fascinated and it takes a lot to hold your attention at that age! If they do a closer to the book version I'll be first in the queue on opening night! :10900:

yvonnejambo
Afternoon all.

Will vote tomorrow.

I dont do sci fi, find real life complicated enough. So I have no idea about Dune either

jambopompey
that's exciting!! both my parents are chemists and love all things sci-fi..I remember going to the original film aged 7 with my sister and it went on for hours and hours. I was still fascinated and it takes a lot to hold your attention at that age! If they do a closer to the book version I'll be first in the queue on opening night! :10900:

may i suggest the following then

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Frank-Herberts-Dune-TV-William-Hurt/dp/B00005QG3Z/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1249218223&sr=1-4

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Children-Dune-DVD-Ian-McNeice/dp/B001ATWK08/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1249218223&sr=1-2

Thanks JP I'll follow them up. I did it in the wrong order originally. I saw the film then I read the book. I was not capable of reading the book aged 7 but after i did I realised the film just didn't come close to it. Most adaptations have to compromise I guess I'd just love a film that's a real tribute to Herbert's work :10900:

jambopompey
Thanks JP I'll follow them up. I did it in the wrong order originally. I saw the film then I read the book. I was not capable of reading the book aged 7 but after i did I realised the film just didn't come close to it. Most adaptations have to compromise I guess I'd just love a film that's a real tribute to Herbert's work :10900:

i was the same, film then book.

i liked the film until i read the book. when i saw it on the Sc-Fi channel i went out and bought the dvd set, the Sc-Fi channel is much closer to the feel of the book than the 84 film

Chris Benoit

i was the same, film then book.

i liked the film until i read the book. when i saw it on the Sc-Fi channel i went out and bought the dvd set, the Sc-Fi channel is much closer to the feel of the book than the 84 film

geek2.jpg

geek2.jpg

Marty..do I look like a nerd to you?? OK I do love Dune. What's wrong with that? I think it's a class Mafia game JP so well done you..as for folk thinking us nerds for it...fine let them.

Chris Benoit

Easy now kits just joking, never read the book but saw the film years ago and thought it was quite decent and anyway I out-geek you by a long way :geek:

Archived