Mafia DUNE

jambopompey

jambopompey

DUNE

dune02.jpg[/img]

Arrakis, Dune, wasteland of the empire and the most valuable planet in the universe, because it is here and only here, where Spice is found.....the spice

without it there is no commerce in the empire, there is no civilization.

Arrakis, Dune home of the spice, greatest treasure in the universe and he who controls it, controls our destiny.

The spice must flow.

For over a hundred years there has been bad blood between the Harkonnen and Atradies family.

The Atradies have taken over from Harkonnen in control of the spice production, but where the Harkonnen's really gone.

Duke Leto Atradies had been assassinated was it by the hands of the Baron Harkonnen.

The battle for control of Arrakis has just begun, will the Harkonnen's along with the emperor Shaddam IV be able to kill off the threat to them, or will the Atradies along with the fremen gain control of the spice for themselves and fulfill a prophecy.

THE ROLES

GOOD ROLES

PAUL ATRADIES son of the killed Duke, with his exposure to the spice his mind can wander into the future,past and present, each night he has a chance to look into one persons role.

GUERNEY HALLECK The Atradies master of arms, alongside Duncan and Stilgar try to work and procect their Duke and the Fremen.

STILGAR Niab of tribe Sietch Tabr, alongside Guerney and Duncan will have the ear of Paul to protect the fremen

DUNCAN IDAHO One of Duke Leto's most trusted soldiers and swordmaster and friend of Paul, will work alongside Stilgar and Guerney to direct the fremen.

WELLINGTON YUEH Suk doctor of the Atradies family, will be able to protect one member per night, but not on consecutive nights.

CHANI Lover of Muad'Dib daughter of the imperial ecologist Liet-Kynes, has 3 chances to kill off the Emperor and Harkonnens.

BAD ROLES

EMPEROR SHADDAM IV the Padishah Emperor of the Known Universe or the Imperium

BARON VLADIMIR HARKONNEN head of House Harkonnen

COUNT FEYD HARKONNEN nephew and heir-apparent of the Baron

COUNT 'BEAST' RABBAN HARKONNEN # also called Rabban Harkonnen, older nephew of the Baron Iakin Nefud, Captain of the Guard

These 4 have a chance every night to kill off their enemies.

THE RULES

Please post votes and unvotes in bold e.g. vote Romanov and unvote Romanov

If you don't your vote will not be counted. No editing of posts with votes allowed, if this is done voting privileges may be removed.

You can bluff or lie about your role, but if you come out right and say you?re Paul or Baron etc you will be mod killed

A lynch will happen when there is majority votes for the same person or a deadline has been reached. If deadline is reached but not enough numbers have voted the same person, the person with the highest amount of votes at that time will be lynched. If it is a tie I will devise a way of picking the winner.

Only players who have a team role are allowed to PM other players about the game. If you receive a PM from someone you are not supposed to please DON'T post it on the game thread, report it to me first. If you have any questions about the general rules post them on the thread, if you have a question about your role/power PM me and I'll try my best to explain it.

No PMs or chat in other threads or even in real life about the game unless you have a role which allows PMs to other players and then it can only be between the players you have been given by me.

No speculation is permitted on the thread during the night period, just the usual sorry I?ve killed townie type stuff. I will punish players who misbehave at night.

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I will also ensure that you are sent to Easter Road for every Hobo game next season sitting next to the Proclaimers and the pink hoody.

Finally I will Mod kill non posters and voters unless there is good excuse.

PMs will be sent out over next hour

Remember this is just for fun, don?t try and take it too seriously!

Enjoy and if you are confused over anything please PM me

First deadline will be 9pm on Monday night, with all roled players to have PM?s in by 10pm or you will lose your right to the night time activities. There will be no flexibility on this to allow the game to flow. Next deadline will be 24 hours after that.

In the event of a tied lynch vote, the outcome will be done via random generator, the same as how the roles are generated.

THE PLAYERS

1. Beverley

2. Commander Harris

3. Geoff Kilpatrick

6. milky_26

7. I.J

8. Arnold

9. Albannach

10. Kitster

11. Scotland

12. Marty-French

13. Boof

14. MalkyMcFrench

15. Armiya

16.Yvonnejambo

17. jam tartan

18. therealmackay

19. Cigaro

20. thehibsareintheirbeds

21. csaba wabba

22. Pugsy 93

23. Martin

25. Deek

Roles will be posted out during the night, everyone will be mailed that the game has started

Mods - Please sticky

• Replies 834
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great set up JP

Dead people can post but if they say vote someone off or unsubtly hint for someone to be voted off, I will be round to kill them for real-just don?t do it please. I will also ensure that you are sent to Easter Road for every Hobo game next season sitting next to the Proclaimers and the pink hoody.

Great threat too :sorcerer:

jambopompey

forgot to add that i will take the roled players choices as Paul (cop), Yueh (doctor), Bad ones, then Chani (assassin).

If the Goons kill of the assassins target that choice for the assassin does not count to their 3 kills

If a roled player will not be online at deadline time, i will accept early choices, e.g. you can give 2 choices on your target, if that player happens to be lynched then your second choice player will be taken as your choice.

hope this clears up any confusion on what may or may not happen in the game

Great setup JP, lot of thinking gone into this :sorcerer:

Quality!

This rule must be stickied for all future mafia games in the future

jambopompey
Great setup JP, lot of thinking gone into this :sorcerer

been on the back burner for a while, i was trying to bring other characters/roles into the game, but it would have made it far too confusing, even when i knew the roles it would not have worked out and made it a poor game, just sticking to the cop, doctor, masons, assassin and goons. was tempted to do a 2 goon family game but that never works out for the goons as they try to kill each other off as well.

(Bah, humbug)*10^6 ...PM now arrived.

Ah, well, an uneventful game of dark-guddling, misled-being, customer-serving awaits.

BS anyone?

Or do the masons already know the cop?

jambopompey

the council of the Niabs will get the result of Paul Atradies investigations but will not know who Paul Atradies is

Do you give any hints as to the result of the investigation or can BS be used completely freely?

jambopompey
Do you give any hints as to the result of the investigation or can BS be used completely freely?

the Niabs (masons), they will get the person who Paul (cop) investigates and any role if any that person has or hasn't got

Rick Grimes

I've read that twice & I still don't have a scooby what the backstory is about! :laugh:

all I remember about Dune is there was a fat dude with big horrible boil on his neck or something.....

anyway, without further ado

vote Bev

jambopompey
I've read that twice & I still don't have a scooby what the backstory is about! :laugh:

all I remember about Dune is there was a fat dude with big horrible boil on his neck or something.....

anyway, without further ado

vote Bev

that was the 1984 version, this one is more using characters from the book and having them on sides

jambopompey

early vote count

bev 2

milky 1

45 hours till first deadline

12 votes for a lynch

i got the "game starting" pm tonight and i'm not bad

vote malky and you'lll catch a goon, i guarantee it

i have a plan and i know it will work

right, has everybody received a pm because I haven't?

don't know wht you mean by a "game starting" pm

cos you're a goon

you got a different pm

trust me guys, i'm not bad this time and i know who IS bad

doc, look after me in the night cos i know who is bad!!!!

townies look after me for the same reason!!!

i will squeal like a pig cos this time i have no role but i have a brain and some logic (drunkenly) but i WILL name all 3 bad guys

why would I claim to not have a pm if I had one

thats the sort of pish poor goon tactic I'd expect from you :sorcerer:

I'd just like to know cos we're about 5 hours in and I've received nowt

no pish this time, i know all three goons hahahhhahahhaa

Bev, there's 4 goons, is this you claiming to be the 4th? :bulb2:

Bev, there's 4 goons, is this you claiming to be the 4th? :bulb2:

nope, but i didn't realise i said 3

turst me people and i'll name them all....

incidentally, if all who got a pm thinks about is..................................

we have 3 very clever goons, read that as long time, experienced players, and malky who we are voting for.

think about what i just told you and you'll ALL know i'm right.. all innocent townies & good roled players anyways

incidentally, if all who got a pm thinks about is..................................

Bev, honestly what pm?

don't "honestly" me goon

you want me to name your buddies??

cos i will

if it gets me killed, so be it, but i guarantee i'll name you all before i die!

if i'm lynched or killed, you'll all be named, and guess what,....

if (when) i'm lynched and shown to be a townie, the rest of the town will know your names

Bev, honestly what pm?

ooooh not wanting me to mabe pick an unlucky number to name?

sorry Bev, didn't notice your posts

please tell me your goon list

for all I know I am a goon, still no PM JP

i've named 3 but i'm too busy watchin 2 and half half men with martin sheens son in it to name the 4th

i've named 3 but i'm too busy watchin 2 and half half men with martin sheens son in it to name the 4th

Bev, are you pished, you've named nobody but me

the clues to ALL four goons are in my previous posts.

i have nothing more to say other than i AM a townie as ALL good people can, and indeed will, see

oh, and i am pished, but thats irrelevant, cos anyone reading their pm's will see it, eventually

ooooh not wanting me to mabe pick an unlucky number to name?

I was slightly intrigued by Bev's drunken ramblings (not been in my bar, you'll notice) but I get the feeling this is a hint in my direction. Added to the long-time player hint, it must be me.

Given that this is wrong (I won't go as far as to say spectacularly wrong as that could imply roled-ness, which I haven't acquired this time around) it casts much doubt on the remainder of her indecipherable (to me) allegations, but I'd quite like to hear 'em spelled out anyway.

Go on Bev, let's hear it...name yer gang of four.

you want it boof

do you really want it??

ps, 2 goons are baiting me now hahhhahahahhaha

ArmiyaRomanova

a rarity for me, up and relatively pished at 2.30 in the morning.

Just got my PM, but can't take too much in at the moment.

Will read the thread and hopefully set things up for myself tomorrow at some point.

Bleach..... time for bed....

you want it boof

do you really want it??

ps, 2 goons are baiting me now hahhhahahahhaha

make that three

Gagging for it, sweetie. :x

perv!

a rarity for me, up and relatively pished at 2.30 in the morning.

Just got my PM, but can't take too much in at the moment.

Will read the thread and hopefully set things up for myself tomorrow at some point.

Bleach..... time for bed....

bingo...

ok

the 4 goons are...............................

armiya

boof

malky

martin

betcha i'm right

Rick Grimes

good grief..... what's Bev been drinking??

checked my PM again - Malky wasn't on the list, hence his confusion. JP must have forgotten him. Other than that, its just in alphabetical order.

edit: Boof's not on it either, so she's no gone completely mad. game may be a bogey - tho Martin & Armiya are on the list. my head hurts :15:

good grief..... what's Bev been drinking??

checked my PM again - Malky wasn't on the list, hence his confusion. JP must have forgotten him. Other than that, its just in alphabetical order.

check again

Archived