Michael Jackson is dead ( edited title )

Towzer

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply
maccaman2002
I'm glad he's dead.

His music was good.

But I think he's a paedophile. So i'm glad that he's dead.

I think it's disgusting that people are choosing to remember him as a star and "The King of Pop".

He had the money to buy justice, as is very easy to do in America.

And all this ****e about the poor wee pervert not having a childhood, doesn't mean he has to rob some other kid of theirs by abusing them.

If it was anyone else found sleeping in a bed with young boys they would go down Gary Glitter way.

I hope he rots. I'm just sad it was quick and painless for him, unlike the kids he fiddled with.

This is how narrow minded some people are, or should I say stupid and ignorant. Tell me where was the proof he molested kids? Yes he paid off people and settled out of court but you are ASSUMING he is guilty. In the court case, did you listen to every shred of evidence? If so then you are entitled to think he was molesting kids like a jury does or does not - in his case not guilty! Simple question - did you follow the case intently?

just had someone tell me that there are now unconfirmed rumours that jeff goldblum has fallen to his death while filming.

i can't find anything online about it though. has anyone else heard this?

When have you ever seen a fly fall off anything?

I'd try to clear my name, and certainly wouldn't settle. I've no idea how someone in obviously declining physical and especially mental health might act though. Meanwhile, don't you think it's a bit odd for the authorities to allow someone to settle out of court if they suspect child abuse?

I'm all for protecting the wrongly accused Shaun, but Wacko was far from 100% innocent - I think even you know that.

Jimmy McNulty
Crikey indeed, biggest news story this millenium I reckon.

I will see your death of a washed-up kiddy fiddler and raise you 9/11.

Geoff Kilpatrick
This is how narrow minded some people are, or should I say stupid and ignorant. Tell me where was the proof he molested kids? Yes he paid off people and settled out of court but you are ASSUMING he is guilty. In the court case, did you listen to every shred of evidence? If so then you are entitled to think he was molesting kids like a jury does or does not - in his case not guilty! Simple question - did you follow the case intently?

Aye ok then!

If you had kids, would you have let them stay over at his house?

i'm gutted in a way, just because he's a legend of music.

in another way, i think it was probably for his own good.

IMO, saun is right about his childhood, and the effect that it had on his adult life. however, i'd be pretty god damn suprised if there was no urges at any point whatsoever, and i don't think he'd have had the maturity to supress them.

he's an example of how NOT to bring up a child. cause and effect.

I will see your death of a washed-up kiddy fiddler and raise you 9/11.

when we win the cup next year...:10900:

who am i kidding...

Professor.Arturo
That's exactly what Michael Jackson is/was. For this, he was pilloried.

Will you feel the same when Gary Glitter dies? Pair of kiddy fiddlers, only difference is Wacko could afford O.J. Simpsons lawyers.

Good riddance.

Shaun, that is the American justice system for you.

Yeah, what an appalling system, in which guilt much be conclusively established. America has a great number of glaring flaws, but I rather like a system that (at least sometimes) ensures that a defendant must actually be convicted upon the relative strength and weaknesses of the evidence adduced.

Oh, sorry. I forgot. I should try to fit in here. Beast! Pedo! PedoBeast!

RIP, Michael.

Geoff Kilpatrick
Yeah, what an appalling system, in which guilt much be conclusively established. America has a great number of glaring flaws, but I rather like a system that (at least sometimes) ensures that a defendant must actually be convicted upon the relative strength and weaknesses of the evidence adduced.

Oh, sorry. I forgot. I should try to fit in here. Beast! Pedo! PedoBeast!

RIP, Michael.

What are you on about?

I'm not talking about the acquittal, I'm talking about the one he settled out of court. Why would ANYONE do that for something as heinous as kiddie fiddling?

Precisely. As if a civil settlement is evidence of guilt. If some one tomorrow sued me for an outlandish claim, that was a he said v. he said type of situation, and I could settle for 0.50% of my net worth instead of a massive, costly trial to be held in the public eye--damn straight I would settle.

As for the criminal trial, he was found by a jury to be not guilty. WTF more is needed?

Geoff Kilpatrick
Precisely. As if a civil settlement is evidence of guilt. If some one tomorrow sued me for an outlandish claim, that was a he said v. he said type of situation, and I could settle for 0.50% of my net worth instead of a massive, costly trial to be held in the public eye--damn straight I would settle.

As for the criminal trial, he was found by a jury to be not guilty. WTF more is needed?

As I said above, for something like child molestation, I would fight to clear my name.

What are you on about?

I'm not talking about the acquittal, I'm talking about the one he settled out of court. Why would ANYONE do that for something as heinous as kiddie fiddling?

See below post below yours for thoughts on civil settlement. It's litigation 101.

No lawyer on the face of the planet would advise a massively public trial in a "he said v. he said situation" when your client is an...unique...individual when one could settle the claim for next to nothing.

Or does basic litigation resolution strategy only apply in America? Last time I checked, Australia was a common law country, as well. It's not that different.

As I said above, for something like child molestation, I would fight to clear my name.

The problem is that in these very personal disputes, when its one person versus another, and the disposition of a case rests entirely with the credibility of the witnesses, it's almost impossible to predict the outcome. A well-coached plaintiff v. a kooky, child-like, stunted MJ? Christ on a bike, I'd advise settlement in a second.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The problem is that in these very personal disputes, when its one person versus another, and the disposition of a case rests entirely with the credibility of the witnesses, it's almost impossible to predict the outcome. A well-coached plaintiff v. a kooky, child-like, stunted MJ? Christ on a bike, I'd advise settlement in a second.

:nah:

We'll have to agree to disagree then.

:rofl:

Oh sorry, you were being serious! :21:

The comparison does stand up. Whatever views you have about him as a person, he was a global star, selling a phenomenal amount of albums. Of course he can be compared with Elvis. If it had not been for the scandal there would be very little debate about that, that is the tragic reality of this guy's life.

Geoff Kilpatrick
The comparison does stand up. Whatever views you have about him as a person, he was a global star, selling a phenomenal amount of albums. Of course he can be compared with Elvis. If it had not been for the scandal there would be very little debate about that, that is the tragic reality of this guy's life.

Fair point, however, where he broke the mould was not in music itself. It was in the use of video and dancing to accompany the music. Thriller, for example, wasn't a fantastic song but the video was amazing.

Fair point, however, where he broke the mould was not in music itself. It was in the use of video and dancing to accompany the music. Thriller, for example, wasn't a fantastic song but the video was amazing.

I was never a fan of his music but he did have a big effect on music in general. I agree with you on what that effect was, it was the whole production rather than anything special about the music.

i was just thinking that exact thing seconds before reading your post, great publicity stunt before a tour,

Or a great way to get out of the tour without going bankrupt, and then leading a quiet life away somewhere. :th_o:

People need to remember he leaves behind 3 young kids!!!

Yup.. it is not a good thing to deprive kids of their father.

But,

They might get a more "normal" upbringing being raised by someone else.

Jam Tarts 1874
Or a great way to get out of the tour without going bankrupt, and then leading a quiet life away somewhere. :th_o:

You are sick in the head.

Musically speaking, the guy was simply perfection.

Genius is very much overused in life but he was an utter genius.

Jam Tarts 1874

I think this is very sad news. I hope history is kinder to him than the media have been over the past 20 years.

boabyarsebiscuit

I saw a feature on TV this morning with some Texan-haired bouffant early 80s white preppie birds dancing around screaming at a Jackson concert accompanied by the statement that Jackson's "dance" music used guitars and was aimed at / was popular with, whites. Al Sharpton's gotta love that.

Some of the early Jackson 5 stuff is very very good (as is most of the general 60s /early 70s Motown output). But Michael Jackson solo, sorry, total and utter ****. Music for people who don't like music. Amazed at the "genius" stuff being bandied about. Folks who think that must have about 10 CDs in their collection.

Also - congratulations to Shaun Lawson on some World class "I don't hate Chelsea, but ..." type hypocrisy on this thread. While no-one should comment on Michael Jackson's off-stage "issues" as no successful criminal convictions were secured, Shaun can casually accuse the Jackson father of child abuse.

No - he was abused horrendously,

Here's what I've always thought about Michael Jackson. Is it possible that someone who was beaten and abused throughout his childhood,

I don't remember Michael Jackson's father's "day in court". Mods you better watch out. If a lawyer for Michael Jackson's father was to happen upon Shaun's comments on this thread, well, it could get messy. I feel a suspension coming on.

Top Darts, Shaun!

badly drawn boy
Make what OK?

Don't forget folks - people who regard someone as innocent until proven guilty don't give a toss about children. Where there's smoke, there's always fire - how could anyone be so naive to think otherwise? What's more, they're more interested in someone's music than in punishing sickos: may God have mercy upon them! :qqb017:

On and on we go. It doesn't matter if someone is found innocent of all charges: the mud sticks regardless. In some cases, it doesn't matter if people were wrongly convicted in the first place, and later had their convictions overturned: people have friends in high places, know what I mean? The worst possible interpretation of someone's conduct must always be drawn. Life isn't worth living if you don't have a uniformly cynical view of the world: always desperate to believe in the worst, always eager to lap up the gossip and live in fear and disgust, always the first to condemn someone's character and even dance on their grave despite no evidence in support of your case.

There's a reason that Brass Eye episode was so famous and so successful. And it's right here on this thread.

Shaun you need to chill or take something stronger than what your currently on , do you know how patronizing you come across .Are people not allowed to make their own minds up on MJ , come to their own conclusions , is your word law ?

You don't know , just like everyone else on this thread what was happening behind closed doors , therefore your belief / conclusion is no more valid than any other .As for your last paragraph above , that is just embarrassing -you sound like a frustrated author wannabee nearing hysteria

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Have Liverpool applied to have their next game postponed yet?

A fax is winging its way from Celtic Park to UEFA right now, demanding that their first Champions League qualifier is postponed.

You'll Never Moonwalk Alone.

Captain_Peacock
Yuri Gellers bent his whole cuttlery drawer in anger.

Uri Geller is a fruit bat of the highest order.

Heard Uri Geller's interview on BBC News 24 just before midnight. At the time there seemed to be some confusion regarding MJ (dead or in a coma?), TMZ saying he's dead, local paper in LA saying he's in a coma.

The BBC asked Geller what he knew?

He responded by saying he had no idea, that he was waiting for a doctor at the hospital in LA to give a statment regarding MJ's condition.

He mentioned that only the hospital staff knew for sure the details regarding MJ & that they weren't talking, everything else in his opinion was just speculation.

I was hoping Uri was going to grab a couple of spoons and use his psychic powers to read the minds of the hospital staff & give us the inside track.

Sadly it seems his psychic powers were unavailable to him just as the nations population needed Uri to give us the answers.

Psychic my ar5e.

UriGeller.jpg

Sexton Hardcastle

Whats the difference between Sir Alex Ferguson and Michael jackson?................................. Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August.

Didnt take long.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Whats the difference between Sir Alex Ferguson and Michael jackson?................................. Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August.

Didnt take long.

That's at least the third time on this thread. :biggrin:

Sexton Hardcastle
That's at least the third time on this thread. :biggrin:

Ah well.

Next time learn to sit up on kickback all night.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Ah well.

Next time learn to sit up on kickback all night.

Actually I just read the whole thread in the last five or ten minutes, but it wouldn't be the first time I've posted something without reading the whole thing first!

heartgarfunkel

A couple of things.

Well done Jarvis Cocker

****-off Uri Geller, you made McAllister miss that penalty against England in 1996 you ****

Gigolo-Aunt

Just looking at pics of him on the news from a few weeks back. His face is a mess.

Man, thats way too much plastic surgery.

heartgarfunkel

But Michael Jackson solo, sorry, total and utter ****. Music for people who don't like music. Amazed at the "genius" stuff being bandied about. Folks who think that must have about 10 CDs in their collection.

Couldn't agree more boab. I bet they'd have a Robbie Williams CD in that collection too.

Nelly Terraces
One less beast in the world.

I hope all those eulogising him can sleep easy.

He settled out of court with a family whose motives could only be described as dubious. Weren't all the other charges against him dropped?

He settled out of court with a family whose motives could only be described as dubious. Weren't all the other charges against him dropped?

Yep, and OJ didn't murder his wife.

andy1874hmfc

This joke might of been posted before, can't be bothered scorlling through all the pages;

Whats the difference between Alex Ferguson and Michael Jackson?

Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August :10900:

Did some good tunes

MJ Top 10

10) Scream

9) One Day In Your Life

8) Rock With You

7) You Rock My World

6) Don?t Stop Til You Get Enough

5) Can You Feel It

4) Thriller

3) Man In The Mirror

2) I Want You Back

1) Billie Jean

I don't think I've listened to a Michael Jackson song or watched one of his videos the whole way through.

Garbage.

I'm quite surprised at the number of people who think his music was fantastic.

boabyarsebiscuit

What's the difference between Alex Ferguson and Michael Jackson?

One's a horrible *******. The other's a dead "pop star". © Altered Images 1982

boabyarsebiscuit

What's the difference between Alex Ferguson and Michael Jackson?

Michael Jackson paid a plastic surgeon to **** his nose up.

Archived