Berra's move to Wolves completed (merged threads)

Drylaw Hearts

Here we go "I'm a better fan than you" if he doesn't play for us then why should I hope he does well?

You don't have to. But what you have done is ensured that the majority of visitors to this site now think you are lacking as a human being. Your missing the decent part.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BlackhallJambo
Probably to pick up the cash.

Your not far wrong. We haven`t seen him for some time but with money parachuting in ehe`s over like a shot. Sounds like the actions of a desperate man.

Wonder if he`ll bother going to Hamilton more likely he will stay in the Balmoral with his henchmen waiting on the cash to arrive!!

Morning all.I've been watching the forum with interest re. the Berra move.

I'm surprised that you don't think that a move to us is a good move for Berra.Granted,there are bigger clubs in England, but we do have a real chance of promotion this season.However,more importantly,Christophe will be a key member of our side and if he is as good as you say,that will give him the chance to get into the EPL - with or without us.There is every chance that he would not be guaranteed a start for some of the other clubs that have been mentioned - especially the likes of Everton.With Wolves,he'll be playing for a side ready for the EPL and because we have many coveted young players(Kightly,Ebanks-Blake,Hennessey,Jarvis etc etc) it is one of the biggest shop windows in the country!!

From our point of view,I read mixed reviews of him on here when we were linked in the Summer.Now,you are virtually unanimous in your praise.Has he massively improved this season?

Anyway,thanks for your time and all the best for the season - irrespective of how this one plays out.

Wolves imo are a good club for him to go to, i would worry about him if you went up though, but hopefully the 4months he will get this season will hold him in good stead.

Don't read too much of what is said about Berra on here, a hell of a lot of posters can see no fault whatsoever in his game, don't be fooled by that, he does like every player make mistakes, that does not make him a bad player, but imo not the outstanding player that gets talked about on here.

The player described by many on here would have imo upper half EPL clubs knocking on the door, the player i describe would have clubs similar to yourself knocking on the door..........what we have(what we are told anyway) is only yourselves making an offer, like it was only yourselves making an offer last summer, looks like a lot of EPL scouts fell for the hype, but were not impressed enough to to make an offer ?3m+ which i believe would beat your bid is not a lot of money for any EPL team to splash on an 'outstanding' player, yet we only have your offer so it seems.

He still has a lot of learning to do imo and hopefully he learns enough in the next few months to be ready for the EPL next season, a season with respect where imo Wolves will be on the backfoot for most of the time.

I hope i am wrong and there are other bidders around to push up the price, but if he ends up at Wolves i wish him all the best.

I hoped we?d get more than 2 Million for him but if we need to sell, then we need to sell. Perhaps someone else will try to hijack the deal

But no one is going to bid any higher than Wolves accepted bid. So from our point of view it is completely irrelevant.

This could be true, but when Gordon moved did we not receive a greater bid from Man City ? If i recall - did Gordon not even bother speaking to Sven as his mind was made up after speak to KEano ?

On Berra, someone had to go, it was no sercet that we needed a cash injection. I'm disappoint that he has gone but i can see the logial of going to WW if he is going to go start into the team.

In terms of is he good enough ? He has being outstanding this year, but you have to look at the players he has being playing against ? is that a real test ? IMHO i think he is a OK player who i hope goes on to better things but i think the real test will be in 2-3 years about how good a player he is.

BlackhallJambo
You don't have to. But what you have done is ensured that the majority of visitors to this site now think you are lacking as a human being. Your missing the decent part.

well said mate. I cannot believe the mentality of some fans. He has helped pulled Hearts up, raising money for the club(more likely Romanov`s group) and fans insult him! An absolute disgrace

loveofthegame

Really really disappointed by this, especially as it seems we are going to get less than what Berra is worth. I'd have said the bare minimum i'd accept for Berra would be ?3M, and i just can't see Wolves having added ?1M to their original bid overnight. I was really hoping we'd get nearer ?4M.

Wreaks of a 'panic' sale to me a bit seeing as the sale of Kingston that we all expected has not gone through. I just hope Csaba immediately gets some of the money to bring 1 or 2 faces in, and hope it also contributes to giving Bruno, Robbie and Kari new contracts.

1 positive is it may give McGowan the chance he deserves to stake a claim.

If as expected CB does move on he leaves with my best regards, been an outstanding player this season. Been good to see him grow into such a quality centre half. Wish him every success and hope he gets to the EPL where he deserves to be, whether that be with Wolves or not. BigWull's comments are embarrassing- show a real lack of class.

Not necessarily - Porter is a prime recent example. ?200k from Huddersfield followed by circa ?400k from Cardiff!

But in any case, I was meaning from the point of view of Berra and the debate on here as to whether it's a good move for him and whether he'll accept... or not.

Fair point regarding Porter but you have to ask WTF are Cardiff doing offering double what Huddersfield did. :eek:

Shame that it has happened on the morning of the Hamilton game but as PJ1 said players come and go. Better players have gone and we have survived. That's football.

Now fo the future. Hopefully it is at least ?3m and we can bring in a new defender and striker.

Good luck Christophe.

I think he was gone the minute Csaba mentioned Jonsson would make a fine short tem replacement ( which I think he will too )

Yes that told a story, but I thought Csaba also said he had a player lined up to replace him.

Charlie-Brown
Fair point regarding Porter but you have to ask WTF are Cardiff doing offering double what Huddersfield did. :eek:

You do know Peter Ridsdale is now at Cardiff City? :mw_rolleyes:

If he does indeed go to Wolves it'll be 2 mill plus add-ons I reckon. Vlad is desperate for cash, that much is clear.

Football is just a bit different to a normal business tho isn't it?

And was he well paid during the time we trained him? Only just beginning to show decent form this season and hey presto sold immediately another 6 months and we could have sold for double the amount, the very kind of short termism I hoped we had moved away from, he was off as soon as he changed agent, who gave him his new car, only benefit, not to Celtic, but remember he and Mick McCarthy are one of those, and could easily be playing for that evil institution next year at this time. So to wish him good luck is not on, I thank him for half a season of decent service, and its a pity he didn't see the season through. Oh and I detest Wolves.

Never asked for a transfer - the regime are just making the most of an asset.

I think your views on football are outdated.

Neilson is the longest serving player by a mile but only because no one else would take him.

The days of Robbo and McKay spending their entire careers at one club (bar a wee holiday for the former) are long gone.

Jambof3tornado

If we can get ?2.5 mil plus a sell on clasue added then thats not bad business in the current climate. Wolves are a decent team for Berra to join and I am sure he will improve further and get more of a chance for scotland than he did when he was a Hearts player.

Good luck Berra!!

Bring on da strikers!!!!:eek:

Drylaw Hearts
You do know Peter Ridsdale is now at Cardiff City? :mw_rolleyes:

He's a walloper.

IIRC.....

He was the guy who signed Seth Johnson for Leeds Utd for ?7million and offered him ?30,000 a week when he only wanted ?15,000.

No wonder Leeds were in the crap.

Never asked for a transfer - the regime are just making the most of an asset.

I think your views on football are outdated.

Neilson is the longest serving player by a mile but only because no one else would take him.

The days of Robbo and McKay spending their entire careers at one club (bar a wee holiday for the former) are long gone.

But they're not making the most of an asset, the summer would have been the time to sell, god I hate the January transfer window.

and offered him ?30,000 a week when he only wanted ?15,000.

Did he work at Hearts for a while?

That sounds familiar.

:laugh:

Ahwell. Lets hope it is the 3Million. 1.5 for the books and 1.5 for darren barr and a striker.

He's a walloper.

IIRC.....

He was the guy who signed Seth Johnson for Leeds Utd for ?7million and offered him ?30,000 a week when he only wanted ?15,000.

No wonder Leeds were in the crap.

Story I heard was that his agent was expecting an offer of about 10. Initial offer of 20 lead to Johnson and agent looking at each other in disbelief, which Ridsdale misread as anger, so he immediately upped it to 30, upon which the same thing happened again, resulting in a further offer of 40.:eek::eek: Wasn't Ridsdale also renting a tankful of exotic fish for about 100K a year or something?

Cheers for everything Bez. I hope its atleast 3 million we have recieved.

Good luck in the future, hopefully in the EPL taking on the likes of rooney, ronaldo and torres.

Will always welcome you back to Hearts with open arms in the latter stages of your career (obviously if your a still good ha)

This your chance to make your mark on the game - i hope you take it with both hands!

CornhillHearts
Met Korobotchup last night, he is one coco the clown, shrugging his shoulders etc when asked about Berra, the boy he was with looked like an old lithuanian jakey, can we not save ourselves more money and get him tae donald duck.

He did say Vlads in town .

How's your buddy taking the latest news Simey?

loveofthegame

**** sake, ?2.3M. An absolute ****ing steal. I thought the days of selling on the cheap where over- ill say it again, wreaks of a panic sale to me.

**** sake, ?2.3M. An absolute ****ing steal. I thought the days of selling on the cheap where over- ill say it again, wreaks of a panic sale to me.

It defo is a steal if you consider the likes of alan hutton going for 9 million or whatever it was.

He's only been given permission to talk to wolves anyway... someone else may come in with a better bid. Fingers crossed.

letsmakesomenoise
Morning all.I've been watching the forum with interest re. the Berra move.

I'm surprised that you don't think that a move to us is a good move for Berra.Granted,there are bigger clubs in England, but we do have a real chance of promotion this season.However,more importantly,Christophe will be a key member of our side and if he is as good as you say,that will give him the chance to get into the EPL - with or without us.There is every chance that he would not be guaranteed a start for some of the other clubs that have been mentioned - especially the likes of Everton.With Wolves,he'll be playing for a side ready for the EPL and because we have many coveted young players(Kightly,Ebanks-Blake,Hennessey,Jarvis etc etc) it is one of the biggest shop windows in the country!!

From our point of view,I read mixed reviews of him on here when we were linked in the Summer.Now,you are virtually unanimous in your praise.Has he massively improved this season?

Anyway,thanks for your time and all the best for the season - irrespective of how this one plays out.

Quite agree mate.

Why is a move to a team flying high at the top of the Championship not a good move? Ideal if you ask me.

Berra IMO is not as great as people on here now seem to think he is, and playing in a slightly smaller league will allow him to complete his development.

Hopefully Vlad has inserted a sell-on clause so when he does well and the really big boys come calling, we get a wad.

Good luck Christophe, you've been a model pro and we can kick on from here.

I hope his career now goes down the toilet.

No need to hope mate. Why players don't take anyones advice or listen to there manager is beyond me. He should have listened to Shabba about going to Italy as it would make him.

Christophe prepare for the biggest regret of your life.

Wolves had ?2m rejected, Hearts wanted ?3m, it's fair to assume the agreed price is somewhere between the two amounts. In the current climate, it's not bad business for a player that has came through our youth system.

Always Wanderers - in summer I would not have been overly bothered about losing Berra. I wasn't a huge fan. Six months on and I think losing him might cost us Europe. The improvement in every aspect of his game this season has been immense. He is growing into an excellent centre half and looking around the SPL I would say only McManus at Celtic is better.

Csaba said he already has a 23 year old player with Champions League & UEFA Cup experience - that can only be Jose Goncalves?

]

He could be talking about Berra himself, or perhaps Kaunas have someone who fits the description.

I've not read the 3rd page yet, however on the Hearts statement it says Berra has been given permission to discuss the move with Wolves. It does NOT state that a bid has been accepted similar to Given speaking to Man City before the fee is agreed. This way if Berra is happy then as soon as the fee is agreed then the deal can be completed

BlackhallJambo
?2.3million is not enough imo.

I`m afraid it looks like we are all victims of the credit crunch and Romanov`s clearly very desperate if he is prepared to accept this amount.

Here`s hoping that there are other equally desperate clubs looking to off load a striker and will accept a cut price bid as the window closes

I`m afraid it looks like we are all victims of the credit crunch and Romanov`s clearly very desperate if he is prepared to accept this amount.

Here`s hoping that there are other equally desperate clubs looking to off load a striker and will accept a cut price bid as the window closes

Trouble is that any club would not offload a striker that was any good.

loveofthegame
What an odd remark.

I think he means no club would offload a decent striker for what we'd be willing to pay- he's probably right. I hope i'm wrong though, hopefully Csaba can unearth a hidden gem from somewhere.

portobellojambo1
Wolves had ?2m rejected, Hearts wanted ?3m, it's fair to assume the agreed price is somewhere between the two amounts. In the current climate, it's not bad business for a player that has came through our youth system.

Always Wanderers - in summer I would not have been overly bothered about losing Berra. I wasn't a huge fan. Six months on and I think losing him might cost us Europe. The improvement in every aspect of his game this season has been immense. He is growing into an excellent centre half and looking around the SPL I would say only McManus at Celtic is better.

Pales though blairdin, when you consider that even Celtic are willing to offer Hibs ?2.5 million for Fletcher. To me Berra is a much better prospect, and as such we should be asking for sensible money, ?2.3 million for your club captain is not sensible money, it is giving the player away.

Trouble is that any club would not offload a striker that was any good.

Watch this... we'll sign Velicka from rangers.

I think he means no club would offload a decent striker for what we'd be willing to pay- he's probably right. I hope i'm wrong though, hopefully Csaba can unearth a hidden gem from somewhere.

Im amazed anyone knows what we will be bidding lotg. Like a lot of signings, they first bid is rarely the one that is accepted.

Im delighted Berra is moving now, a player moving with only hours of the windown to go was my worst nightmare.

Hearts now have a bit of time to play with.

portobellojambo1
http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/HeartsNewsDetail/0,,10289~1539774,00.html

Story on the website confirming offer has been accepted and Berra away to have a wee chat!

Read the story 4 times, still cannot see the offer that has been made, nor the wording confirming Hearts have accepted it, all I can see is something that says "aye, speak to Wolves if you want".

We all knew he was going to move on but i am actually gutted at this news, i thought he was staying until the end of the season as the transfer door is almost shut. I remember the signing session for the first edition of the beat at the club shop , my daughter had an upturned photo of Berra which she placed on the table and he passed it along to Velica as he didnt think he was important/worthy enough (my instincts at the time) and Velica was turning into a bit of a fans favourite at the time . I had to turn the photo over and say it was of him and it was him we wanted to sign it . A very humble guy who gave 100% for hearts.

Good luck Christophe Berra.

The People's Chimp

If the fee is 2.3M, then that is an absolute steal for wolves, and a massive disappointment from hearts. When you hear of celtic offering 2.5M for fletcher, well, 2.3 for berra just isn't enough.

I'd hope that any deal had a percentage sell on clause because berra will be sold on at a profit for wolves.

Archived