Berra's move to Wolves completed (merged threads)

Drylaw Hearts

I can't see Black arriving tomorrow unless we offload Stewart or Kingston which is looking unlikely.

Shelling out anywhere near 100K and picking up Black's salary six months early would be very silly.

Any cash spent tomorrow will be on a defender I reckon.

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Captain Lithuania
looks like were just going to wait til summer for black now but hopefully balogh deal will go through tomorrow.

Wasn't it reported that Caley would accept a fee of ?100,000 for Black?

All we will be doing is spending ?250,000 for two good players. Vlad, you can't say no. And surely someone will be flogging a decent striker, I can't somehow see us paying over ?1m for a striker, unless it's maybe Velicka - which looks doubtful - but spending ?200K for a striker seems realistic, but probably wont happen.

I reckon Wolves will announce it publically as Hearts announced THEIR bid publically, when, ideally Mick McCarthy wanted to keep it secret.

It was mentioned on Hearts World yesterday that the initial leak to the media was made by Christophe's agent, not Hearts.

Wasn't it reported that Caley would accept a fee of ?100,000 for Black?

All we will be doing is spending ?250,000 for two good players. Vlad, you can't say no. And surely someone will be flogging a decent striker, I can't somehow see us paying over ?1m for a striker, unless it's maybe Velicka - which looks doubtful - but spending ?200K for a striker seems realistic, but probably wont happen.

Do not need Black,need centre half and STRIKERS

portobellojambo1
As long as the contract was signed I don't see why we had any need to put teams off, for me the announcement suggests we will sign him now.

As for the fee, I personally would be reluctant for us to spend 100k on him now, however, I think we want him now and I cant see ICT letting him go for any less, especially with Cowie gone.

I suppose his signing would give us more freedom to move Karipidis back and not replace berra thus you could argue it will save us spending far more elsewhere on a defender.

Call me pedantic if you wish but the give away is the word pre in pre contract agreement, pre is a prefix derived from Latin, and means before, i.e. no contract was signed, otherwise he would now be on Hearts books. We did not wish to take him in January so made a pre contract agreement, and let other clubs know. If the pre contract agreement had not been reached until say February other clubs could potentially have purchased him in January had they wished to do so.

I'd guess all eyes may be on Tynecastle tomorrow.

I have a feeling we may be the ones doing most business..........

I agree.

Whilst we may not spend a lot, my guess is we will sign at least two players tomorrow.

I think the fact we announced the pre contract before the window shows that they want him ASAP, otherwise, I think the announcement would have been made later.

Perhaps we announced it as soon as it was signed, simply because it was in everyone's interests to do so.

Call me pedantic if you wish but the give away is the word pre in pre contract agreement, pre is a prefix derived from Latin, and means before, i.e. no contract was signed, otherwise he would now be on Hearts books. We did not wish to take him in January so made a pre contract agreement, and let other clubs know. If the pre contract agreement had not been reached until say February other clubs could potentially have purchased him in January had they wished to do so.

One could consider a "pre-contract agreement" to constitute a contract, since it is a binding agreement, once signed.

I can't see vlad forking out for black when we can get him for eff-all in the summer.

Especially now that he played for Inverness today.

http://www.wolves.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=141834

Long term target Christophe Berra should join Wolves on Monday after undergoing a medical at Molineux.

The typically un-disclosed fee deal now looks all but a formality, with a fee and personal terms already agreed.

With defensive frailties highlighted by many as the reason for the recent slump, Berra will be instantly under the microscope as soon as he pulls on a Wanderes shirt.

Good luck Christophe, best of luck with Wolves and I hope we'll be seeing you on Match of the Day next year. :D

I hope to see him in the EPL next year aswell! Hopefully theres some kind of sell on clause.

If he's in the EPL next season I hope its with Wolves. Because if they've failed to make it yet sold Berra on for a big fat fee (i.e more than they paid for him) then Hearts will look a bit feckin silly

Vlad's nae fool !

That just shows how pathetic the standard of journalism is in the west coast rags. If it's not Rangers or Celtic they don't have a clue.

The Observer down here, in their transfer news , had Wolves signing Berra from Sellick with a glowing recommendation from Billy McNeil. Seriously.

:eek:

If he's in the EPL next season I hope its with Wolves. Because if they've failed to make it yet sold Berra on for a big fat fee (i.e more than they paid for him) then Hearts will look a bit feckin silly

They might look a bit silly to some, in that case. However, anyone with that opinion would then do well to remember that Hearts can only consider bids for players that they actually receive. Hypothetical suitors and valuations do not actually have any bearing on decision-making in the real world.

Unless there is a sell on percentage fee in the transfer from us, then we'd be laughing! Hopefully theres a 20%/30% fee agreed.

'1047: Reports from Scotland - Christophe Berra's agent has told one of our reporters that the deal for the player to move from Hearts to Wolves has been done.'

BBC live transfer tracker.

Pretty much self explainatory...

Say What Again

Cristpohe's agent says the deal is done.

From BBC:

1047: Reports from Scotland - Christophe Berra's agent has told one of our reporters that the deal for the player to move from Hearts to Wolves has been done.

There's nothing definitive as yet on either club's site.

I'd wish they'd hurry up and confirm, so Hearts can go out and get the replacement lad quick.

Hopefully a wee cheeky bid for Ian Black too.

I wonder who wanted it to be disclosed!

why is it disclosed when we already accepted the ?2.3 million bid and the contract was offered from that point?

It just doesn't make much sense releasing statements that we've accepted a bid for a set amount then disclose the sum!?

According to Sky Sports news for undisclosed fee

It's undisclosed on the official website, too.

Why would two clubs, one wanting to be seen to be 'spending big' on quality and another wanting to be seen to be 'receiving top dollar' , not disclose the fee ?

Am I missing some technicality here ?

why is it disclosed when we already accepted the ?2.3 million bid and the contract was offered from that point?

Who said it was ?2.3 million though?

Commander Harris
No fee mentioned , whats the big secret?

as tom jones said, it's not unusual. undisclosed fees seem to be very common these days.

Haddington Jambo
According to Sky Sports news for undisclosed fee

Sorry 1998, that cant be true as Stuart Lovell says in his scotsman colum today the price was, "somewhere between ?2.3 and ?2.5million" and we all know he knows everything about football especially Heartsfc.

I have a serious dislike for Mr Lovell :ahhhhhhh:

Well it pushes up fees.

Say we want black, if they know we have just received a large® fee they might push the price up, likewise anyone else wolves want might see the fee increased as they have spent big.

Undisclosed fee's are nothing unusual and most deals are undisclosed now with the fee's being guessed at by the media.

jamboinglasgow
No fee mentioned , whats the big secret?

nearly all clubs do it these days, my only guess why is that they dont want scutinesed over the offer.

Sad to see Berra leave but he has been a great servent to the club and I hope he makes it big after getting Wolves into the premiership.

Wonder with that money now secure, hearts may start buying one or two players.

as tom jones said, it's not unusual. undisclosed fees seem to be very common these days.

Aye but it's usually older guy's, on big wages with little sell-on possibilities

eg. Jimmy Floyd Has-his-own-bank :tongue:

To all intents and purposes - almost Cash in hand I suspect

Archived