Berra's move to Wolves completed (merged threads)

Drylaw Hearts

• Replies 390
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good luck Christophe, although I don't think Wolves is the right club to move to.

Drylaw Hearts
Dissapointing obviously, but what is ultimately more important at the current time is that the long term future of HMFC is secured.

Agreed.

Everybody loves Baz

A move i think he will end up regretting, Wolves won't go up this year and Christophe will be forgotten about.

Good luck, but you've made the wrong choice in club:o

Bollocks. He's the fecking last player I wanted to lose.

Players come and go chief, Hearts are in serious financial bother if we don't sell some players, this is a situation that is afflicting every club in Scotland at the current time.

Have to say thought he could have done a bit better than Wolves - I just hope we are going to get more than 2 million for him.

Shame to see our captain leaving, but we need to keep moving players onwards (arguably upwards in this case should Wolves secure promotion) if we are to attract younger players who want to improve.

I hope we are going to utilise our own players now and promote from within rather than bring in another.

Players come and go chief, Hearts are in serious financial bother if we don't sell some players, this is a situation that is afflicting every club in Scotland at the current time.

I know mate, I was just hoping that it was Kingston that we'd be selling as I wouldn't miss him one iota :(

Take it he will be at the game v Watford today...they typically have 22k+ watching home game

The fact he is going means

- offer must be in the correct range

- Berra must be interested

- no other club has made an offer which matches Wolves

I've not been bothered about any player leaving since Robbo left for Newcastle.

They come and go.

But Wolves? To play for that dhead?

Tiberius Stinkfinger

A daft move by Berra if he agrees to sign.

The Championship in England is not a step up from the SPL & a fee of ?3 million ish will not get him on the gravy train that the EPL players are currently on.

Good luck Christophe.

Drylaw Hearts

Just a thought....

This news may now encourage a few of the supposedly interested EPL teams into making an actual bid.

I hope his career now goes down the toilet.

Get a grip. If you can't handle players being sold then I suggest you try supporting another team.

tambothejambo

Not the lads fault were millions in debt and have to sell a few players

:evilno:

All the best to the lad hopefully his departure will finance a striker coming in as well as helping the cash flow problem.Also the good thing is that not only ourselves have lost players but also our rivals so things are not as bad as expected this window.

Get a grip. If you can't handle players being sold then I suggest you try supporting another team.

Here we go "I'm a better fan than you" if he doesn't play for us then why should I hope he does well?

Very disappointing. Another season and a half and he could have chosen a mid table EPL team but instead he's going to Championship hopefuls and future EPL relegation battlers Watford.

Let's hope he sees sense and hangs fire. But money talks I suppose.

Just a thought....

This news may now encourage a few of the supposedly interested EPL teams into making an actual bid.

I suspect that this is what HMFC aimed for once Wolves put the bid in...An asset needs to be sold, and a bidding war is needed. Let's just hope a) we receive more than ?2m initially and B) at least a portion of that payment is reinvested in the team. I'm doubtful with respect to "b)", however.

Here we go "I'm a better fan than you" if he doesn't play for us then why should I hope he does well?

I'm not claiming to be a better fan than anyone. However you must surely realise that:

A) Berra did not accept a bid for himself

B) Hearts need the money

C) Players have always and will always come and go from Hearts.

I think he was gone the minute Csaba mentioned Jonsson would make a fine short tem replacement ( which I think he will too )

I'm not claiming to be a better fan than anyone. However you must surely realise that:

A) Berra did not accept a bid for himself

B) Hearts need the money

C) Players have always and will always come and go from Hearts.

I know that but why should I wish him success elsewhere? I support Heart of Midlothian and thats it. Oh and there goes Europe/ Cup run probably

I know that but why should I wish him success elsewhere? I support Heart of Midlothian and thats it.

Still doesn't explain why you want his career to go down the toilet.

Doubt you'll have many in agreement with you.

tambothejambo

What has he ever done to warrent being hated by a hearts supporter

:mad:

Very disappointing. Another season and a half and he could have chosen a mid table EPL team but instead he's going to Championship hopefuls and future EPL relegation battlers Watford.

Let's hope he sees sense and hangs fire. But money talks I suppose.

The thing is though players can have one decent season in the Championship and be off to the EPL for ?5m.Teams promoted to the EPL especially have a habit of spending big on Championship players so Berra even if Wolves don't get promotion could still be in the EPL next season if he stands out.

I know that but why should I wish him success elsewhere? I support Heart of Midlothian and thats it.

You stated:

"I hope his career now goes down the toilet,"

thereby expressing an affirmative wish that Berra's career collapse: are you just trolling, or are you really that thick that you cannot comprehend the difference between "wish[ing] . . . success" and affirmatively hoping his "career goes down the toilet."

I know that but why should I wish him success elsewhere? I support Heart of Midlothian and thats it. Oh and there goes Europe/ Cup run probably

No-one said you should wish him success. What you said was exactly the opposite.

I can't remember once when Berra has said he is desperate to get away. No need to wish ills on the guy. Save that kind of behaviour for Webster. :laugh:

portobellojambo1

We always knew players would move on, it is how the football world works, players come in, players move on, new players are either promoted or arrive.

In Christophe's case I agree with those that believe Wolves are not the right club for him, to me Berra, at this time, has the potential to eventually slot into a team around the middle of the EPL, who are likely to stay there. From there he could move on after establishing himself.

Still a lot of games to be played before it is certain Wolves will go up automatically, from the limited amount of football I have watched from that division via TV Wolves ain't one of the two best teams in that league, they could miss out, as could Christophe. Suppose a lot will depend on how much he is looking to get financially, not certain this is a done deal yet.

Much prefer if he were in the centre of the defence going to Hamilton today. I would prefer to see Hearts build a team than sell it and start building again, not the best basis on which to try and compete.

You stated:

"I hope his career now goes down the toilet,"

thereby expressing an affirmative wish that Berra's career collapse: are you just trolling, or are you really that thick that you cannot comprehend the difference between "wish[ing] . . . success" and affirmatively hoping his "career goes down the toilet."

ooh keyboard hardman, take a chill pill, no success= career down the toilet, simple enough for you troglodyte.

Shocking comment!!!!

You need a reality check.

Good luck Berra and thanks for all your hard work and efforts!!!

Guest JamboRobbo
We always knew players would move on, it is how the football world works, players come in, players move on, new players are either promoted or arrive.

Agreed. Will feel we've sold cheap if he's leaving for less than 3M tho.

In Christophe's case I agree with those that believe Wolves are not the right club for him, to me Berra, at this time, has the potential to slot into a team at the middle end of the EPL, who are likely to stay there. From there he could move on after establishing himself.

On the other hand, it maybe gives him a chance to adjust to playing the top championship sides before moving up to the premiership. It's only mthe championship, but it'll still be a step up from SPL.

Much prefer if he were in the centre of the defence going to Hamilton today. I would prefer to see Hearts build a team than sell it and start building again, not the best basis on which to try and compete.

Agreed. Think we could've held onto him a bit longer and got more money for him, after having seen him play for HMFC a bit longer.

OH, and best wishes to Christophe. He's earned himself his move via his performances on the park this year.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts have been good for Berra & Christophe's been very good for Hearts, he came to us a schoolboy & worked hard to earn his apprenticeship & first professional contract working his way through the ranks into the first team and eventually to be the youngest captain since Gary Locke about a dozen or so years before him. He served us well & if it's now time for him to move on it should be with everyone's best wishes. :)

Why?

We picked him up, we trained him, he developed HIS talents and abilities and now he is moving on in his career.

What happens if one of your good work friends moves to another company - is that it? Do you never speak to him/her again?

Football is a career and you do what is best for yourself - same as any other.

Good centre half - not the best we've had but fairly high up the scale. A good fee could prove to be a very important part of our near future i.e. the fee could help to shape our squad for the next two years.

Good luck Berra.

It was always going to happen but I would have thought a better move than wolves would have been a better choice. I also feel this could have waited till after our game today.

Cameron left us to wear the Gold, and I never thought he ever reached the same heights or showed his full potential there. Perhaps things will work out better for Berra. When you reflect on how Berra was pilloried on this board last year, it has been quite a turnaround. Good luck to the guy.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I don't know if Wolves is the right move for Berra or not (and to be quite honest, I think that is irrelevant) but Wolves had better have upped their original offer or people won't be happy. Similarly, there will be an expectation of new faces before Tuesday now.

Anyway, good luck Christophe.

blondejamtart

Obviously it's a fact that players do move on, but I must admit I'm a bit disappointed it's Berra we're losing. I can think of a few players I'd rather see go before him, and I only hope we do get decent money for him at least. Unlike some, however, I wish him well in his future career, although like others, I have some misgivings as to whether Wolves is the right move.

Archived