Hibs Fans - Lowest of the Low / minute silence (merged threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Just had a quick peek on "that" site.

There is someone on there stating that had someone like Dave Mackay or John Cumming died when George Miller did, that we wouldn't have held the silence.

He, and ALL of their fans are ****. ****ING ****.

"Dashing Bob S" for those who may know him.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is someone on there stating that had someone like Dave Mackay or John Cumming died when George Miller did, that we wouldn't have held the silence.

Assuming that the asterisks aren't indiciating compliments, how can you possibly say that?

Some cretin had just described Miller as a no mark:mad:

There was always going to be problems with the silence today, I think an applause would have been more sensible, however since it is only a matter of weeks since John Cumming died we had to give Miller the same respect.

There was always going to be problems with the silence today

Agreed.

But the only reason why there was always going to be problems is because of who our opponents were.

Anyone else would have respected it in the normal manner.

Agreed.

But the only reason why there was always going to be problems is because of who our opponents were.

Anyone else would have respected it in the normal manner.

I think anyone who disrespected this silence today is **** but can we honestly say we do not have this element amongst our support

I think anyone who disrespected this silence today is **** but can we honestly say we do not have this element amongst our support

Why is that an automatic reaction to this?!

They should be treated with the contempt they deserve. Whether anyone else would have acted like that doesn't ****ing matter.

To be fair to Hibs, there was probably less than 10 people disrespecting the silence. Most of the noise came from other fans telling them to shut up. Unfortunately, we would have a few morons shouting things out as well if the roles were reversed.

You could not be more wrong!

shaun.lawson
Why is that an automatic reaction to this?!

They should be treated with the contempt they deserve. Whether anyone else would have acted like that doesn't ****ing matter.

I agree. Except by 'they', I mean those who did it, and not every Hibs fan under the sun!

Touche!!!!!!!

A think the cat is getting all worked up!

Getting back to this discussion, it's unbelievable how guys like Partridge and Cat are spouting keek about how all Hibs fans are ****, reptiles etc etc when there was a minority of idiots who ruined the minutes silence. Are you trying to tell me that all of the Hearts fans would have stayed silent if this was for an ex Hibs player. As people have said we all have eejits in our support even Hearts!!!!

Go away

I agree. Except by 'they', I mean those who did it, and not every Hibs fan under the sun!

I was over the top earlier, they aren't all like that. I have a lot of good Hobo mates.

However, they have a surprisingly large amount of vicious ^^^^s in that support. No doubt about it.

shaun.lawson
I was over the top earlier, they aren't all like that. I have a lot of good Hobo mates.

However, they have a surprisingly large amount of vicious ^^^^s in that support. No doubt about it.

Fair enough mate.

Doctor FinnBarr

Right, just back from the game and have only looked at the "last page" on this thread but here's my view. The majority of hobos respected the silence but there was a VERY vocal minority who tarnished the name of their club, but for the full end to get uppity when old one eye got stick, what the feck do they expect? FUDS, each and every one of them!

:evilno:

Tyrion Lannister
Right, just back from the game and have only looked at the "last page" on this thread but here's my view. The majority of hobos respected the silence but there was a VERY vocal minority who tarnished the name of their club, but for the full end to get uppity when old one eye got stick, what the feck do they expect? FUDS, each and every one of them!

Slightly hypocritical no?

I mean, from what I heard at the game most of the noise was coming from hibs fans respecting the death but telling the idiots to shut up.

Although this just caused noise and in hindsight probably did more harm than good, it was a minority, albeit vocal ( for example I heard one smart chap say, "Who the **** has died anyway?" Which got quite a laugh, and yes, i was outraged, but just at the minority and not at every last one of them, ofwhich 90% obeyed the silence perfectly and enjoyed a decent derby and didn't call Larry Kingston a "looky looky man" etc etc. Just like 90% of our fans disagree to shouting at Dean Shields for having one eye.

Slightly hypocritical no?

I mean, from what I heard at the game most of the noise was coming from hibs fans respecting the death but telling the idiots to shut up.

Although this just caused noise and in hindsight probably did more harm than good, it was a minority, albeit vocal ( for example I heard one smart chap say, "Who the **** has died anyway?" Which got quite a laugh, and yes, i was outraged, but just at the minority and not at every last one of them, ofwhich 90% obeyed the silence perfectly and enjoyed a decent derby and didn't call Larry Kingston a "looky looky man" etc etc. Just like 90% of our fans disagree to shouting at Dean Shields for having one eye.

I'd like to think that 90% of our fans disagree with the Shiels songs but I'm not convinced.

Tyrion Lannister

I may of been sitting in a rubbish area or just hard of hearing but I didn't hear that song sung today by more than say 10% of fans.

I may of been sitting in a rubbish area or just hard of hearing but I didn't hear that song sung today by more than say 10% of fans.

I sit in Section G and there were a lot of people near me singing it. Although, you do get more people in that section who would be likely to sing it.

Difficult to tell in the sections where there isn't a lot of singing if the people actually object to the song or don't sing it because they never sing anyway.

Jambof3tornado

The one eye song was only sung by a minority but then it was only a minority that spoiled the minutes silence,so all in all a share of the spoils is a fair result.

FTH!!!

Tyrion Lannister
I sit in Section G and there were a lot of people near me singing it. Although, you do get more people in that section who would be likely to sing it.

Difficult to tell in the sections where there isn't a lot of singing if the people actually object to the song or don't sing it because they never sing anyway.

To be fair, I thought the whole ground did a pretty good job creating a great home atmosphere today. But also agree the, heat lets say, of certain songs does seem to differ depending on where you choose to sit, or not as the case may be.

I was there and agree with everyone..but what goes around comes around..and if you are a **** in life it tends to come back and bite you where it hurts..roll on next Sunday!!!!: 107years:

Lets get this in to perspective, while not condoning the Dean Sheilds song, it can not be compared to a minutes silence. Right or wrong the DS song is football banter, a minutes silence is an act of respect.

Also this can not be compared to a minutes silence for the Pope, as he has nothing to do with SCOTTISH FOOTBALL. It was a minority of hobos that made an arse of themselves today and unfortunately we all have them.

How the **** anyone can compare a song about someone who poked his eye out with a horrible disrespect for a man who has lost his life begggars belief. Please think people.

Tyrion Lannister
How the **** anyone can compare a song about someone who poked his eye out with a horrible disrespect for a man who has lost his life begggars belief. Please think people.

I don't think people are comparing them really, I agree the Dean Shiels song is much the lesser evil.

But I don't condone it, and nor should any decent person really?

If slagging someone for having a disability is football banter, then that says alot about you and what the game is coming too, i'm just glad it is the minority that see's it as "banter".

I dont agree with the song at all..but he is well known in edinburgh circles for being an annoying little *****..but it's a song i wouldn't sing even though i dislike him.

I agree with the above posts you cannot compare the 2..we may have some idiots as supporters..but i would always hope they wouldn't disgrace Heart of Midlothian in the same way the Hibs fans showed themselves today.

I don't think people are comparing them really, I agree the Dean Shiels song is much the lesser evil.

But I don't condone it, and nor should any decent person really?

If slagging someone for having a disability is football banter, then that says alot about you and what the game is coming too, i'm just glad it is the minority that see's it as "banter".

It's hardly the worst thing to bring up in a song. The man has continued to make a career despite it.

I hate Chris Robinson more than anyone ever. If there was a minute silence for him I would go down to the concorse and ignore it.

Tyrion Lannister
It's hardly the worst thing to bring up in a song. The man has continued to make a career despite it.

I hate Chris Robinson more than anyone ever. If there was a minute silence for him I would go down to the concorse and ignore it.

People that do the paralympics make a career out of their disability too do they not? If they get abused for their disability is that just alright "because they are making a job and living from it"?

People that do the paralympics make a career out of their disability too do they not? If they get abused for their disability is that just alright "because they are making a job and living from it"?

It wouldn't be nice but nowhere near comparable to booing the dead.

Here we go again, we moan because they disrupt a silence, they moan because we slag Shiells, we moan because they slag Mercer, blah blah....

No point having a go at anyone until we get our own house in order.

Good shout captain.

But there will always be someone that moans about this kind of stuff at football and for me that's the people that are just looking for an excuse to cause some form of problem.

It's the booing I had a problem with: I'd never boo the death of anyone, even Maggie Thatcher when she kicks it. It's uncivilised,

I'll not be booing. I'll be having a party. You have gone a bit over the top with trying to make your point.

Can't believe the hobo mentality....in fact i can.

The dean shiels song while maybe innapropriate is nothing worse than banter. FFs it's not as if the lad has died from his disability, and it's not as if that disability has affected him is it or he wouldnt be playing football and earning damn good money. People need to get things into perspective. If you find the dean shiels song offensive to the point your disgusted then stop going to football matches, ive heard far worse sung in the past by other fans and there will be far worse sung by other fans that come into the same category as banter. The pretend PC brigade need to GTF, as far as i see it, its hobos looking for nothing more than point scoring and one-up-manship.

To try and compare the singing of that song with the glorifying of the death of a human being is crazy. If Dean Shiels died or had died from his disability then, it would be totally out of order to sing the song, but he hasn't. How many of these PC brigade watch or listen to comedians or jokes. would they be offended if a comedian started a joke with, "Guy with one eyes goes to his doctors" or something along those lines? if thats the case they must lead very sheltered and boring little lifes, and football is not the place for them. Stick to watching cricket or tennis.

There was a small minority of imbiciles who disrupted the silence today, however im still waiting to see the hobos who had said they would march these idiots to the police if they saw them doing this. All talk as usual? I posted what was said on caravandwellers.net yesterday that someone had said it was planned to disrupt the silence by the singing of the WM song, and thats what they attempted to do, so it was not a spur of the moment thing, it was not late comers into the ground, it was pre-meditated and planned, which makes it even worse IMO.

As for the hobos out there saying but you did this and you did that so its revenge or justice or whatever, Two wrongs do not make a right. There was a minority of Hearts fans who disrupted a silence for a religous leader (**** all to do with football) but nevertheless should still have been respected if only to save our club the embarrassment. I cannot recall any other instances where Hearts fans have disrespected a minutes silence to anyone. Yet we have hobos out there saying what do you expect they have a history of it. I could sit here and name 4 or 5 seperate occasions where hibs fans have been disprespectfull during a minutes silence to someone, including a mins silence to the Pope the day before our game.

Can't believe the hobo mentality....in fact i can.

The dean shiels song while maybe innapropriate is nothing worse than banter. FFs it's not as if the lad has died from his disability, and it's not as if that disability has affected him is it or he wouldnt be playing football and earning damn good money. People need to get things into perspective. If you find the dean shiels song offensive to the point your disgusted then stop going to football matches, ive heard far worse sung in the past by other fans and there will be far worse sung by other fans that come into the same category as banter. The pretend PC brigade need to GTF, as far as i see it, its hobos looking for nothing more than point scoring and one-up-manship.

To try and compare the singing of that song with the glorifying of the death of a human being is crazy. If Dean Shiels died or had died from his disability then, it would be totally out of order to sing the song, but he hasn't. How many of these PC brigade watch or listen to comedians or jokes. would they be offended if a comedian started a joke with, "Guy with one eyes goes to his doctors" or something along those lines? if thats the case they must lead very sheltered and boring little lifes, and football is not the place for them. Stick to watching cricket or tennis.

There was a small minority of imbiciles who disrupted the silence today, however im still waiting to see the hobos who had said they would march these idiots to the police if they saw them doing this. All talk as usual? I posted what was said on caravandwellers.net yesterday that someone had said it was planned to disrupt the silence by the singing of the WM song, and thats what they attempted to do, so it was not a spur of the moment thing, it was not late comers into the ground, it was pre-meditated and planned, which makes it even worse IMO.

As for the hobos out there saying but you did this and you did that so its revenge or justice or whatever, Two wrongs do not make a right. There was a minority of Hearts fans who disrupted a silence for a religous leader (**** all to do with football) but nevertheless should still have been respected if only to save our club the embarrassment. I cannot recall any other instances where Hearts fans have disrespected a minutes silence to anyone. Yet we have hobos out there saying what do you expect they have a history of it. I could sit here and name 4 or 5 seperate occasions where hibs fans have been disprespectfull during a minutes silence to someone, including a mins silence to the Pope the day before our game.

Well said that man, I tried to put that point across earlier but you've done it better than I could

Should it just be swept under the carpet then Shaun? The majority of them ARE all the same. Please believe me.

I realise you are pals with that lot over on Hibs.net and your internet persona is more important to you than backing the club but leave it out.

Embarrassing.

Bollocks.

I'm a Hibs fan, and i don't post on .net.

I observed the minute's silence today.

Did you do the same for the pope at Hampden.

Simply laughable that you lot are trying to take the moral high ground on this.

Bollocks.

Just apologise and move on.

Bollocks.

fool

Bollocks.

Did you observe the minutes silence for the pope the day before hand when you played dundee utd?

Now bolt.

Bollocks.

I couldn't care who the **** you are.

What I did at Hampden is of no concern to you either.

Simply laughable that you are comparing your lots actions today to an entirely different set of circumstances years ago.

Bollocks.

As has already been pointed out, neither did the Hibs fans the previous day

credit on you for observing the silence today but there were members of your support that didn't, to bring up the pope issue is merely a smoke screen to deflect the attention

Due to the different contexts of the pope silence and today's they are not comparable, name another occasion where Hearts fans have not observed a silence for a footballer/sportsmen or some atrocity (9/11 or the Tsunami for example)

Tyrion Lannister
Bollocks.

I think you'l find, that alot of people on this board, are saying that no "moral-high-ground" can be taken, and it has been repeatedly said that there is a minority bunch of idiots in every suppourt, so go away and cry about the worst hibs team i've seen in a long time, and that is saying something.

It wouldn't be nice but nowhere near comparable to booing the dead.

So you would agree that the Erich Shaedler song was a disgrace?

Bollocks.

Why do you post on a hearts forum and not a hibs forum?

does a hibs fan post on here..but never on their own forum?

I may be new to this site but not to life in general ..i find that very odd..could you explain why?

That's a bit like cruising gay websites but insisting on being straight in my opinion.

Have not heard that song for many years. People have learned to grow up and show a little more respect towards the dead. Just a shame hibs fans are still living in the past and havent evolved past the stage of pondlife in terms of evolution

does a hibs fan post on here..but never on their own forum?

I may be new to this site but not to life in general ..i find that very odd..could you explain why?

That's a bit like cruising gay websites but insisting on being straight in my opinion.

I said i didn't post on .net.

don't you actually read what i said chip buttie?

I questioned your reasons and motives for being on here i didn't accuse you of being a .net closet lover..tell the world why..we'll share your pain with you..it must be a hard story to tell why you don't feel able to go there...

WTF's that got to do with anything ?

Do you agree that the Mercer song is a disgrace ?

Do you agree that the Skacel Refugee song is a disgrace ?

Do you agree that the Kingston Looky Looky man song is a disgrace ?

WTF does that have to do with you lot disgracing yourselves during a tribute to a dead man yet again ?

The Pope (you did it too), Mercer, Eddie Thompson and now today. Bunch of welts.

EDIT: You know what, feck it. Don't even bother replying. I couldn't give a toss what you think. I'm away to bed.

Le Chat..don't know you but everything you say makes perfect sense..i was brought up on the terraces at tynecastle but my parents also taught me love and respect for the more serious things in life..as for Chip Buttie..no idea why a hibs fan would want to come on here asides from the obvious..no point in letting them have the last word..i respect the dead more than a lot of their fans ever will.

Fulham Jambo

quite frankly, I've never understood why they have minute's silence at fitba matches - there is always an element who doesn't know how to behave - ourselves included.

Far better to have a minute's applause - much more effective and drowns out any neggie ferkers

WTF's that got to do with anything ?

Do you agree that the Mercer song is a disgrace ?

Do you agree that the Skacel Refugee song is a disgrace ?

Do you agree that the Kingston Looky Looky man song is a disgrace ?

WTF does that have to do with you lot disgracing yourselves during a tribute to a dead man yet again ?

The Pope (you did it too), Mercer, Eddie Thompson and now today. Bunch of welts.

Spot on m8.

Having had a look just now on idomysister.net at their thread about the minutes silence, it would appear these low life vermin seem to think we (Hearts fans) have a history of disrupting silences. I would like to ask any of these morons to come on here and name examples of this except from the semi-final. An occasion these mupets seem to like bringing up but havent got the intellect to realise there fans did exactly the same thing the day before.

What they are doing is no more than clutching at straws to try and deflect the embarrassment their fans are. They are despicable, vile, sc um, and thats the good ones

when someone has died..i dunno..it really depends on how you see things..celebrating life is one thing..remembering it is another..i do agree to an extent fulham..it was just a shame it fell on derby day as we all knew what was going to happen

quite frankly, I've never understood why they have minute's silence at fitba matches - there is always an element who doesn't know how to behave - ourselves included.

Far better to have a minute's applause - much more effective and drowns out any neggie ferkers

It's sad and shouldn't be that way but I tend to agree with you.

Fulham Jambo

there was a time in living memory when folk new how to respect others. This seems to have been forgotten, remember when Sigmund died - now Mike wasn't everybody;s cup of tea but he was a father and a husband and a man and he supported our team. Some of the vitriol especially from the keyboard heros over on http://www.deludedeegits.net was just downright evil. I'm not saying that we don't have an element who would behave the same - I am sure we do

I just think it is a sad indictment of our society that such things happen and belive that rather than give those who clearly have never experienced the loss of a loved one the stage we should shelve the idea of a minutes silence period.

Archived