Hibs Fans - Lowest of the Low / minute silence (merged threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Funnily enough, they have a go at us for the Cup Semi against Celtic/Pope booing fiasco, when their fans did the EXACT same thing (although less of them were doing it) against Dundee United.

HOW DARE YOU?!

Stop trying to re-write history yam fud.

Er, tick tock. Er, Eddie Thompson BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Rocky jamboa

To be fair to Hibs, there was probably less than 10 people disrespecting the silence. Most of the noise came from other fans telling them to shut up. Unfortunately, we would have a few morons shouting things out as well if the roles were reversed.

Craig-Section Z
Hardly the same thing.

How not?

We were asked to keep quiet for a minute as were Hibs fans. Elements of both supporters couldnt respect the request to remain silent.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
How not?

We were asked to keep quiet for a minute as were Hibs fans. Elements of both supporters couldnt respect the request to remain silent.

We were asked to respect someone who has absolutely hee haw to do with football, and if anyone wanted to pay their repects to the Pope, then that was not the time or the place.

Hibs were asked to pay their respects to a former Hearts player, at Tynecastle.

gorgie rd eh11
To be fair to Hibs, there was probably less than 10 people disrespecting the silence. Most of the noise came from other fans telling them to shut up. Unfortunately, we would have a few morons shouting things out as well if the roles were reversed.

Sorry to be pedantic, but while it was a minority, it was way more than ten.

Were you actually at the game or did you watch the specially sound edited telly version ?

Less than 10 ? I've fecking heard it all now.

Here we go again, we moan because they disrupt a silence, they moan because we slag Shiells, we moan because they slag Mercer, blah blah....

No point having a go at anyone until we get our own house in order.

No offence to those that started this thread, but this post kinda shows how I feel.

IMO, there was not that big a response from the Hibs fans, a FEW did but a larger number of HIBS fans shouted them down than started it. IMO, Hibs were kinda set up to fail, much like we were in the semi final. The fact that it was a marginal number should be the solace that Hearts fans take from this.

I can only suggest that it appeared louder on TV than it did at the game.

According to tramps.net , its all Hearts fault for choosing to respect an ex player. You couldn't make it up.

They really are horrible rodents.

Stupid Sexy Flanders
No offence to those that started this thread, but this post kinda shows how I feel.

IMO, there was not that big a response from the Hibs fans, a FEW did but a larger number of HIBS fans shouted them down than started it. IMO, Hibs were kinda set up to fail, much like we were in the semi final. The fact that it was a marginal number should be the solace that Hearts fans take from this.

Other way round, no?

Miller Jambo 60
The real disgrace isn't that they were laughing and singing through a silence, (it's probably to be accepted from some people) it's the fact that, on Hibs.net they're trying to blame HEARTS for some apparent set-up. Honestly, they can't just admit that a section of their own fans are absolutely abhorrent.

Funnily enough, they have a go at us for the Cup Semi against Celtic/Pope booing fiasco, when their fans did the EXACT same thing (although less of them were doing it) against Dundee United.

Not suprirsed they hate us and i love it ,

They are horrible people but who i am to judge.

They can go to hell for me .

We are HEARTS the big team END OFF

According to tramps.net , its all Hearts fault for choosing to respect an ex player. You couldn't make it up.

They really are horrible rodents.

Sub humans.

If it was 1 or 100 is not really the point. It should not have been disrupted end of.

That said more than 100 of your own fans disrupted the silence by booing, so some of the over the top comments. If some of the comments calling Hibs supporters **** etc are for real what are saying about your own fans.

Jam Tarts 1874

No, George Miller was a professional football player who happened to spend a part of his career at Hearts. hibs fans should have been able to appreciate Hearts wanting to respect the memory of a normal working class guy who played football.

The Pope has nothing to do with football, Celtic had already had a one minute silence during a poorly attended midweek game and it was 100% clear that the silence they wanted for our game was purely political and designed to set us up. You can be 100% certain that such a silence would not have been permitted had the game been against Rangers.

If it was 1 or 100 is not really the point. It should not have been disrupted end of.

That said more than 100 of your own fans disrupted the silence by booing, so some of the over the top comments. If some of the comments calling Hibs supporters **** etc are for real what are saying about your own fans.

Murdering people is shocking.

That said, hibs fans have murdered folk.

**** off you ****.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

**** me. A Hibs fan from Glasgow. Does it get any worse?

Go away. No one cares what you have to say.

Other way round, no?

No, it only sounded like a handful at the game. I have no idea how the tv replicated the atmosphere, but a few of our non resident fans have decried their reaction. Hence my post.

Jam Tarts 1874

Enjoy your mediocrity.

Craig-Section Z
We were asked to respect someone who has absolutely hee haw to do with football, and if anyone wanted to pay their repects to the Pope, then that was not the time or the place.

Hibs were asked to pay their respects to a former Hearts player, at Tynecastle.

So we were asked to pay respect to someone that had nothing to do with some of us (btw not all Hearts fans) and who was a major world figure? And hibs were asked to pay respect to someone who had nothing to do with them? I still think both similar, but i see your point. I just think if a minutes silence is called by either team for whatever reason both fans should respect it. If you dont agree fine but keep quiet so those that do want to pay there respects can do.

But the bottom line is we couldnt keep quiet neither could we.

Crap.

That wee fud's fair game.

His first game after his op he was applauded by Hearts fans. He then proceeded to assualt Craig Gordon and then blame it on his 'disibility'.

Little fecking scrote.

He may have one eye and be a fud but I bet he can spell

Stupid Sexy Flanders
No, it only sounded like a handful at the game. I have no idea how the tv replicated the atmosphere, but a few of our non resident fans have decried their reaction. Hence my post.

I thought it sounded like more than a handful at the game. Another poster said earlier that Setanta had turned off the mics at the School End to try and minimise the volume of booing/shouting/etc.

No, George Miller was a professional football player who happened to spend a part of his career at Hearts. hibs fans should have been able to appreciate Hearts wanting to respect the memory of a normal working class guy who played football.

Without wishing ill on a family that is obviously hurting, let's be perfectly fair, not many Hearts fans knew who he was. Is it unrealistic to expect Hibs fans reaction to be any different?

The Pope has nothing to do with football, Celtic had already had a one minute silence during a poorly attended midweek game and it was 100% clear that the silence they wanted for our game was purely political and designed to set us up. You can be 100% certain that such a silence would not have been permitted had the game been against Rangers.

Say what you want, we could have been silent that day as equally as Hibs fans could have been silent today. Still, some will always drag our club through the mud.

Whilst neds will be neds, no matter the colour of their shirt, this quote on Hibs.net is from a 31 year old man.

The Yams' decision to hold a minute silence for the FTB cheapened any attempts of future minute silences, again IMHO.

Now that is really offensive.

I thought it sounded like more than a handful at the game. Another poster said earlier that Setanta had turned off the mics at the School End to try and minimise the volume of booing/shouting/etc.

Well, those discussing it on here must have heard it somewhere! :)

I still maintain that it was not that bad and we are making it out to be worse than it was.

Jam Tarts 1874
Without wishing ill on a family that is obviously hurting, let's be perfectly fair, not many Hearts fans knew who he was. Is it unrealistic to expect Hibs fans reaction to be any different?

Say what you want, we could have been silent that day as equally as Hibs fans could have been silent today. Still, some will always drag our club through the mud.

You seem to be forgetting that Hearts had a massive support in the weej that day and I could count on one had the number of Hearts fans who actually booed or whistled. Celtic had no right to be holding a silence in rememberance of the Pope, indeed their decision to do so was only pandering to their mis-placed and ill-informed loyalties. I was there and booed in protest at the decision to hold the silence, the Pope has nothing to do with me, Hearts, football or indeed Celtic Football Club. There is no comparison with Hearts having a silence for a past footballer.

I feel that it is sad that having one eye makes you a 'target' for others to ridicule, I know that he is a hibs player and by definition that makes him a fud.

All rhe Hibs fans in the same area of the ground that the disruption came from are then by this definition all sub human ****. I was at the celtic semi WTF does that make me :evilno:

Utter pish, the Hearts fans who were booing were doing so due to the disrespecting of George Miller's memory during the minute's silence. People who looking back on it probably realise it was the wrong reaction but got caught up in the feeling caused by your fans

If your fans had acted like decent human beings there would have been no reaction from the Hearts fans so your logic is flawed

He may have one eye and be a fud but I bet he can spell

Touche!!!!!!!

A think the cat is getting all worked up!

Getting back to this discussion, it's unbelievable how guys like Partridge and Cat are spouting keek about how all Hibs fans are ****, reptiles etc etc when there was a minority of idiots who ruined the minutes silence. Are you trying to tell me that all of the Hearts fans would have stayed silent if this was for an ex Hibs player. As people have said we all have eejits in our support even Hearts!!!!

shaun.lawson

So did we respond by not allowing ourselves to be set up? Nope: we walked straight into it, and news of our disgrace was broadcast around the world. Yay us. I don't really care who it's for: if people are actually incapable of keeping schtum for one lousy minute, it's absolutely pathetic.

Jam Tarts 1874
So did we respond by not allowing ourselves to be set up? Nope: we walked straight into it, and news of our disgrace was broadcast around the world. Yay us. I don't really care who it's for: if people are actually incapable of keeping schtum for one lousy minute, it's absolutely pathetic.

I think you will find that officially Hearts made our "discomfort" known to Celtic and the SFA prior to the game in question.

People have the right to speak up against things that they do not believe to be correct, that is both human nature and our right. But as you demonstrate time and time again, this is obviously too difficult a subject for you to comprehend.

I feel that it is sad that having one eye makes you a 'target' for others to ridicule, I know that he is a hibs player and by definition that makes him a fud.

All rhe Hibs fans in the same area of the ground that the disruption came from are then by this definition all sub human ****. I was at the celtic semi WTF does that make me :evilno:

An illiterate fud who can't spell :rolleyes:

Touche!!!!!!!

A think the cat is getting all worked up!

Getting back to this discussion, it's unbelievable how guys like Partridge and Cat are spouting keek about how all Hibs fans are ****, reptiles etc etc when there was a minority of idiots who ruined the minutes silence. Are you trying to tell me that all of the Hearts fans would have stayed silent if this was for an ex Hibs player. As people have said we all have eejits in our support even Hearts!!!!

You are all ****.

Now do one.

Shaun, I was at Hampden that day and I was majorly ****ed that a minutes silence was held as it had feck all to do with Scottish football or the Scottish Cup. I did stay silent during it but my protest was to remain seated during it.

People had their own way to protest and while I wished they hadn't done so purely due to the negative press Hearts got I could fully understand their reasons

Today however we were paying respects to a football man, I am too young to remember him playing but having read about him after his death was announced which was reiterated by Scot Wilson before the game he had heavy involvement in Scottish Football as a whole as a player, trainer, manager and administrator, that alone dictates that he was due the respect of a properly followed minutes silence. The people who booed proved they have no respect for their fellow man by their actions if they couldn't appreciate that

Derek Riordan could get stabbed tonight in one of the few night clubs he's still allowed in and die. I can guarantee if a minutes silence was held at the cup game I would respect that, not because I respect him as a person purely because I respect everybodies right to have a moment of remembrence when they pass

shaun.lawson
I think you will find that officially Hearts made our "discomfort" known to Celtic and the SFA prior to the game in question.

People have the right to speak up against things that they do not believe to be correct, that is both human nature and our right. But as you demonstrate time and time again, this is obviously too difficult a subject for you to comprehend.

At school, if you disagreed with the words of a hymn, did you refuse to sing it? If someone you'd completely fallen out with passed away, and you were invited to the funeral, would you refuse to go? If an appalling tragedy which has nothing to do with football is commemorated by a minute's silence at games, do you boo that too?

The actions of the morons that day dragged our name through the mud, and achieved nothing good whatever. Dressing it up as some sort of enlightened protest is absolutely hilarious - especially when all that was being asked was for folk to shut up for sixty whole seconds.

gorgie rd eh11

"If people are actually incapable of keeping schtum for one lousy minute" then "people" will point this out. Or is it just the Hearts fans you think should be connected with this sort of behavior. I take it you've been on hibsnet to tell them how pathetic they are?

the facts are that some hibs fans started booing. then some hearts fans started shouting at the hibs fans that were booing.

apart from that.... nobody died or lost a limb.

bawbags exist, get over it.

shaun.lawson
Shaun, I was at Hampden that day and I was majorly ****ed that a minutes silence was held as it had feck all to do with Scottish football or the Scottish Cup. I did stay silent during it but my protest was to remain seated during it.

People had their own way to protest and while I wished they hadn't done so purely due to the negative press Hearts got I could fully understand their reasons

Of course I can understand that. I have no time at all for any of the Catholic Church, the current or late Pope, and could rant for hours about their attitudes towards abortion, homosexuality, contraception, liberation theology, the Third Reich or sweeping paedophilia under the carpet.

It's the booing I had a problem with: I'd never boo the death of anyone, even Maggie Thatcher when she kicks it. It's uncivilised, distasteful and allows the media to paint us into a corner. And, as I've just pointed out above, many minute's silences are held at football games which have nothing to do with the sport itself - so should we boo those as well?

Jam Tarts 1874
Of course I can understand that. I have no time at all for any of the Catholic Church, the current or late Pope, and could rant for hours about their attitudes towards abortion, homosexuality, contraception, liberation theology, the Third Reich or sweeping paedophilia under the carpet.

It's the booing I had a problem with: I'd never boo the death of anyone, even Maggie Thatcher when she kicks it. It's uncivilised, distasteful and allows the media to paint us into a corner. And, as I've just pointed out above, many minute's silences are held at football games which have nothing to do with the sport itself - so should we boo those as well?

Really? Which ones are those?

shaun.lawson
"If people are actually incapable of keeping schtum for one lousy minute" then "people" will point this out. Or is it just the Hearts fans you think should be connected with this sort of behavior. I take it you've been on hibsnet to tell them how pathetic they are?

Certainly have - so I'm getting pelters on there too. :) And by way of reminder, Manchester City fans managed it beautifully at Old Trafford last season, and did their club enormous credit in the process. It can be done, as I've pointed out on there.

TyphoonJambo

Today however we were paying respects to a football man, I am too young to remember him playing but having read about him after his death was announced which was reiterated by Scot Wilson before the game he had heavy involvement in Scottish Football as a whole as a player, trainer, manager and administrator, that alone dictates that he was due the respect of a properly followed minutes silence. The people who booed proved they have no respect for their fellow man by their actions if they couldn't appreciate that

Derek Riordan could get stabbed tonight in one of the few night clubs he's still allowed in and die. I can guarantee if a minutes silence was held at the cup game I would respect that, not because I respect him as a person purely because I respect everybodies right to have a moment of remembrence when they pass

the most sensible post on this thread well said that man.

At school, if you disagreed with the words of a hymn, did you refuse to sing it? If someone you'd completely fallen out with passed away, and you were invited to the funeral, would you refuse to go? If an appalling tragedy which has nothing to do with football is commemorated by a minute's silence at games, do you boo that too?

The actions of the morons that day dragged our name through the mud, and achieved nothing good whatever. Dressing it up as some sort of enlightened protest is absolutely hilarious - especially when all that was being asked was for folk to shut up for sixty whole seconds.

Shaun, you're argument is flawed, I have been going to Hearts games regularly for 12 years and semi-regular for 20 and in my memory the cup semi final is the only time I can think of a minutes silence not being properly respected. I can remember having one for the Dunblane tragedy, September 11th and it's anniversary and of course Remembrance etc. All of which were observed impeccably which all had nothing to do with football. In these cases there is a justifiable reason to hold a minutes silence as these are tragedy's which affect you no matter your race or religion

These tragedies can be compared in no way whatsoever to the passing of a religious figurehead who's beliefs are in complete contradiction to the majority of the people who were present that day, the green half included. While I will always respect a minutes silence, people were bullied into holding the minutes silence that day and in those situations it will never end well, the SFA should have taken that into cnsideration

shaun.lawson
Really? Which ones are those?

Terrorist attacks? The death of major politicians (Donald Dewar, for example)? The Asian Tsunami? What did any of that have to do with football either?

shaun.lawson
Shaun, you're argument is flawed, I have been going to Hearts games regularly for 12 years and semi-regular for 20 and in my memory the cup semi final is the only time I can think of a minutes silence not being properly respected. I can remember having one for the Dunblane tragedy, September 11th and it's anniversary and of course Remembrance etc. All of which were observed impeccably which all had nothing to do with football. In these cases there is a justifiable reason to hold a minutes silence as these are tragedy's which affect you no matter your race or religion

These tragedies can be compared in no way whatsoever to the passing of a religious figurehead who's beliefs are in complete contradiction to the majority of the people who were present that day, the green half included. While I will always respect a minutes silence, people were bullied into holding the minutes silence that day and in those situations it will never end well, the SFA should have taken that into cnsideration

Of course they are. The Pope's passing, meanwhile (and again, I had no time either for him or his institution) affected both Roman Catholics and a sizeable proportion of Celtic supporters. So why couldn't we just be quiet? What did we gain by not being so? I'd address exactly the same point, incidentally, to the disgraceful lunatics who tried to protest Celtic's recent commemoration of the Great War: even a minute's applause wasn't good enough for them apparently. I don't give a stuff about their political opinions. All that matters in cases like these is doing the right thing.

Terrorist attacks? The death of major politicians (Donald Dewar, for example)? The Asian Tsunami? What did any of that have to do with football either?

Princess Diana too.

While I will agree that there may be elements within the Hearts support where the opportunity to boo the Popes passing was to good to miss, I would like to think that the majority of people who booed, their reasons were fueled by their displeasure of being forced to take part in it. Certainly the people around me who booed after the game kicked off did not display any sectarian or bigoted behaviour which for me made me think their actions were not fueled by that

Archived