Hibs Fans - Lowest of the Low / minute silence (merged threads)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I thought the majority of the Hibs fans behaved very well in the minutes silence and clearly heard a s shout form within their end to "SHUT UP YOU MORONS". Not disputing there are some who can't keep quiet in both sets of fans but on the whole quite well observed

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The title of the thread is about how Hibs fans are the lowest of the low. Surely you are just using this booing for petty point scoring over them.

Maybe I'm wrong though, what is the thread about?

Not trying to point score. I don't really care what they think of us. I'm just expressing my opinion.

They are the lowest of the low and today only backs up that claim further. :)

I would be delighted if everyone of them, especially the ones who were assuring us that nowt would happen today, were banned from the board.

The Baldmans Comb

Singing cancer victim songs or singing one eyed songs or disrupting a minutes silence for former players or respected relgious figures is as inevitable as it is sad.

Common deceny dictates this be condemmed and shouldn't be tolerated and those that persist in such actions show themselves up to be the low life neddish louts and dregs of society that so many obvously are.

Hibs have some as do Hearts but there isn't some moral high ground that either club can take.

Claptrap. I've just expressed my disgust over there too. But the "you're with us or against us" pish in the wake of a Hearts man's death is quite pathetic: you know as well as I do that a minority often ruin things for everyone else, so why are you trying to score points over it?

As I've just explained to Stanley, I haven't tried to score points. I am expressing my opinion.

I'm not going to discuss this any further with you because I'm well aware of your opinion of the warm and cuddly Hibs fans.

I'm surprised at so many on this thread sticking up for them, how they behaved was disrespectful in the extreme. The suggestion that just because they hadn't heard of the man then it is somehow OK is shocking. It's not about points scoring it's about values. If you've got their values get yourselves a green scarfe.

There was no need whatsoever for them to do that today. No need at all.

I'll bet 95% of them had no idea who George Miller was.

That's what says it all for me.

That's rubbish.

It's not about points scoring it's about values. If you've got their values get yourselves a green scarfe.

Contradiction right there. It is about point-scoring.

Not trying to point score. I don't really care what they think of us. I'm just expressing my opinion.

They are the lowest of the low and today only backs up that claim further. :)

I would be delighted if everyone of them, especially the ones who were assuring us that nowt would happen today, were banned from the board.

I'm not that bothered about Hibs fans posting on here. If they do something wrong they'll get banned. I'd hate for Kickback to become like hibs.net and ban the opposition fans for nothing and label them with 'Confirmed Hobo'.

DEAN SHIELS ISNY DDED THO IS HE !! thats just a banter song ! just like they sung to nade, Your just a Fat eddie murphy

Hibs are **** of the earth a hope the hole lot of them die so we can all have a dance through there minute of silence next sunday

It is terrible banter IMO. My sister is disabled and I'd not take too kindly to people giving her abuse about it. There's plenty of abuse that can be given to them without resorting to mocking Shiels for only having one eye.

The Nade song is just playing on the stereotype that all black people look the same. That's the only explanation I can think of since Nade and Murphy look nothing alike. To be honest though, I think it is a crap song anyway.

I'm surprised at so many on this thread sticking up for them, how they behaved was disrespectful in the extreme. The suggestion that just because they hadn't heard of the man then it is somehow OK is shocking. It's not about points scoring it's about values. If you've got their values get yourselves a green scarfe.

That's the exact opposite of what was said.

What was said was that they had absolutely no reason to boo as 95% of them had no idea who he was.

I mean, who boo's the death of someone they've never heard of ?

That's the exact opposite of what was said.

What was said was that they had absolutely no reason to boo as 95% of them had no idea who he was.

I mean, who boo's the death of someone they've never heard of ?

It is irrelevant who the person is. People who boo the minute's silence would do it for anyone as long as they had been at Hearts. It's just ignorance really.

DEAN SHIELS ISNY DDED THO IS HE !! thats just a banter song ! just like they sung to nade, Your just a Fat eddie murphy

Hibs are **** of the earth a hope the hole lot of them die so we can all have a dance through there minute of silence next sunday

Then you are just as bad as them.

That doesn't make sense. Where is the contradiction?

You're honestly saying that today's events reveal the shared "values" of thousands of people?

Bullsh*t. It's point-scoring, nothing more.

It is irrelevant who the person is. People who boo the minute's silence would do it for anyone as long as they had been at Hearts. It's just ignorance really.

I agree that I don't think its right to boo during any silence but I can almost understand them not respecting it for Mercer just as I can almost understand the booing of the popes silence or the Queen Mother's (stitch-up and not football related).

But to boo a tribute to someone they've never heard of takes a special kind of arsehole.

I've just read through the whole thread again and I cannot find anyone "sticking up for" the Hibs fans who boo'ed. Not one.

tolcross lad
Here we go again. A minority of Hibs fans disgraced themselves and their club - so some see it as an opportunity to tar them all with the same brush. Could someone explain to me how using this incident as a means of scoring cheap points is in keeping with paying our respects to a former Hearts captain?

Embarrassing.[/quote

I think you are missing the real point.I am not into points scoring.As an older fan I remember when these were solemn occasions respected by both lots of fans.Dundee Utd fans behaved impeccably for John and Johnny.Why could Hibs fans not do the same?George Wright(whom I saw playing on many occasion) hardly threatened their existence.If Sentanta managed to brush away much of the noise this is indeed a sad day for Scottish Football.

I am well aware that some fans want to engage in points scoring but this should not distract from the disgraceful behaviour of some Hibs fans.That so little media coverage will comment on it is an indictment on our society in general.

I have no doubt that we have numpties who behave equally badly but today is today and Hibs fans should be blamed and condemned for failing to show respect.

I agree that I don't think its right to boo during any silence but I can almost understand them not respecting it for Mercer just as I can almost understand the booing of the popes silence or the Queen Mother's (stitch-up and not football related).

But to boo a tribute to someone they've never heard of takes a special kind of arsehole.

It is understandable why a significant amount of people would boo Mercer's minute silence. Still think it is ridiculous to boo it though and I'd never boo any minute's silence regardless of what I though of the person.

There's certainly a lot of "special kind of arseholes" at football! In every support unfortunately.

The Real Maroonblood
Torn here. I absolutely agree with this post but totally want every Hibs fan banned from this board anyway. I have absolutely no interest in what any of them have to say about Hearts, ever.

Could you also add other team lovers as well.

Maroon is the colour.

:mw_rolleyes:

Have to say the arabs were model supporters during the JC minutes silence. Well done them.

While I was disgusted with the racket the minority at the Hibs end made, I recognise that a small number of our own would have done the same thing so I'm not Outraged from Leith

Harry Palmer

The Rats can get fecked. They sing about 'glory' and 'history', well we know your pishstory and you were crap then and are now. FACT.

Burn these fecks..

The Hibs fans are no worse than those who shouted and mocked Dean Shiels. A disgrace.

Crap.

That wee fud's fair game.

His first game after his op he was applauded by Hearts fans. He then proceeded to assualt Craig Gordon and then blame it on his 'disibility'.

Little fecking scrote.

Crap.

That wee fud's fair game.

His first game after his op he was applauded by Hearts fans. He then proceeded to assualt Craig Gordon and then blame it on his 'disibility'.

Little fecking scrote.

I don't remember him blaming it on his disability. I thought it was only some Hibs fans who did?

I don't understand why it is awful to boo a minute's silence for someone who has died but it is alright to mock someone for only having one eye. Really can't understand how someone can be outraged at the booing but completely fine with the Dean Shiels abuse.

If Dean Shiels had been at us and Hibs fans did the same I am certain someone would be starting a thread on here raging about it and you'd agree with them.

Craig-Section Z

Not defending the fans in their end who couldn't keep quiet in anyway but we hardly have a clean bill of health in terms of minutes silences. Lets think back to a trip to Hampden a few seasons back where we played Celtic.........

I think in some ways the element of Hibs fans who told their fellow ans to shut the f up should be praised for doing so, but perhaps better done after the silnce was over but then its catch 22, they need to break the silence to get the idiots to shutup. You cant win!

I was sitting in the Wheatfield and could clearly see who was shouting. Can the police legally eject fans for not upholding a minutes silence? For anyone who watched it on setanta, was the booing mentioned after by the commentators?

Stupid Sexy Flanders
Not defending the fans in their end who couldn't keep quiet in anyway but we hardly have a clean bill of health in terms of minutes silences. Lets think back to a trip to Hampden a few seasons back where we played Celtic.........

I think in some ways the element of Hibs fans who told their fellow ans to shut the f up should be praised for doing so, but perhaps better done after the silnce was over but then its catch 22, they need to break the silence to get the idiots to shutup. You cant win!

Hardly the same thing.

I'm in Section G so was near the smellies end.

Firstly - Anyone who is unable to control themselves for one minute to show a bit of respect has a problem. It makes no odds who it is or whether you knew them or not. Common decency and manners should be enough to make you remember that somewhere a family is grieving. We all experience it and we all ask for others to give our dead a bit of respect.

Secondly - I heard a clear shout from the Hibs end asking the halfwits in with them making a noise to shut the ***** up. Hats off to whoever it was and to those around him who joined him in asking them to shut up.

Thirdly - Well done to the big guy in Section G who shouted at Hearts fans not to respond but stay quiet and to whoever it was in Section G that started applauding when it became obvious the silence would not be respected...this was done BEFORE the Ref blew his whistle to end things prematurely.

The majority of Hibs fans managed to control themselves. Unfortunatley (and like every club including ours) a minority couldn't.

Though the Hibs need to rethink if they are saying it was only 20 or so fans...

The strange thing for me was that after the initial booing, they managed to stay quiet for a while. Then some smart arse made a comment which was loud enough for half their end to laugh at, which then persuaded others that it would be ok to start randomly shouting "Mon the Hibees".

Dean Shiels song has no place either IMO, along with the Mercer song. But as soon as one set of morons sings one song the other lot will retaliate. It'll no doubt happen again next weekend, regardless of which song kicks it all off.

I'd like to think that if a former Hibs player died this week we'd respect a minute's silence on Sunday, but the usual muppets would no doubt use today as an excuse for booing it instead of just behaving.

Should it just be swept under the carpet then Shaun? The majority of them ARE all the same. Please believe me.

I realise you are pals with that lot over on Hibs.net and your internet persona is more important to you than backing the club but leave it out.

Embarrassing.

Utter nonsense!

We can argue all night (and some people no doubt will) about which is worse, failing to respect a minutes silence for a dead player, or singing a song about a player who only has one eye.

The fact is that both actions are scuummy lowlife things to do and both clubs, as proven today, have just about an equal share of scuummy lowlifes attending their matches.

We can argue all night (and some people no doubt will) about which is worse, failing to respect a minutes silence for a dead player, or singing a song about a player who only has one eye.

The fact is that both actions are scuummy lowlife things to do and both clubs, as proven today, have just about an equal share of scuummy lowlifes.

My thoughts also.

Hearts and Hibs have plenty of neds in their support (Hibs undoubtedly have more) and until our own neds learn how to behave like decent people, there's no point in having a go at Hibs neds.

Harry Palmer
I'm in Section G so was near the smellies end.

Firstly - Anyone who is unable to control themselves for one minute to show a bit of respect has a problem. It makes no odds who it is or whether you knew them or not. Common decency and manners should be enough to make you remember that somewhere a family is grieving. We all experience it and we all ask for others to give our dead a bit of respect.

Secondly - I heard a clear shout from the Hibs end asking the halfwits in with them making a noise to shut the ***** up. Hats off to whoever it was and to those around him who joined him in asking them to shut up.

Thirdly - Well done to the big guy in Section G who shouted at Hearts fans not to respond but stay quiet and to whoever it was in Section G that started applauding when it became obvious the silence would not be respected...this was done BEFORE the Ref blew his whistle to end things prematurely.

The majority of Hibs fans managed to control themselves. Unfortunatley (and like every club including ours) a minority couldn't.

Though the Hibs need to rethink if they are saying it was only 20 or so fans...

I was in section P for the 1st time ever!?(Need to Q that myself!?) Everyone around me was already standing before the call was being made. There were more than a 'few' boos and I was imploring those around me not to respond, however those below P did. I also heard a few shouts from the Rats along with several bouts of laughter during the silence, however they need to speak English before I can understand them.

Where's my flamethrower...........?

Dagger Is Back
They?re scoom. However, I wasn?t too impressed by the outraged Hearts fans either TBH. Far more dignified to hold your peace, then let them have it after the minute?s silence.

Spot on mate. The Dean Shields stuff is OTT IMO too though.

blondejamtart

I'm not about to get into the whole point-scoring thing - let's face it, all clubs will have their idiot morons among their fans (although some have more than most!), but I'd just like to say that personally, I can't understand anyone booing during a minute's silence, no matter who it's for. Surely it's a matter of common decency and respect more than anything else. Those who rose to the bait are just as bad though - as others have said, far better to let the booers show themselves for what they are.

While we're on the subject, I'd also like to give a special mention to the racist moron behind me in Sec N who was calling certain Hibs players the n-word as well as making various other remarks. Yes, that lot have got plenty of morons among their support, but can we honestly say every single one of our fans are blameless?

south morocco

the wee hibs neds who did this deliberately like to wind up the very people who are outraged at their actions,i didnt expect anything less tbh.We have wee neds who are capable of the same thing if the roles were reversed imo!

OK ? having no spoken with Sentanta ?backroom staff? I am advised that the minutes silences was assessed as high risk, due in part to hibs fans previous behavior at minutes silences?, and due in part to hibs fans disgraceful performance in relation to Wallace Mercer.

Sentanta took the decision to turn of the stadium microphones at the hobs end in the hope that they could manage the risk of hibs fans disgracing themselves yet again

The post match review/lessons learned report now highlights that hibs fans are Sk.um

Jam Tarts 1874
OK ? having no spoken with Sentanta ?backroom staff? I am advised that the minutes silences was assessed as high risk, due in part to hibs fans previous behavior at minutes silences?, and due in part to hibs fans disgraceful performance in relation to Wallace Mercer.

Sentanta took the decision to turn of the stadium microphones at the hobs end in the hope that they could manage the risk of hibs fans disgracing themselves yet again

The post match review/lessons learned report now highlights that hibs fans are Sk.um

I wonder if "the hibsman" or the "evening hobo" will bother to mention it.

TBF (very unlike me when it comes to them ) to the bassas, there were plenty in their end who were not amused either, though that and the Hearts fans who felt the need to make their displeasure known at the time did not help either.

TBF (very unlike me when it comes to them ) to the bassas, there were plenty in their end who were not amused either, though that and the Hearts fans who felt the need to make their displeasure known at the time did not help either.

Gambo, you know, and I know...............

Theyr're.........

S.KUM

Just watched it on Sultana when I got home.

They clearly managed to turn the fecking microphones off in front of the vermin end. It was much louder at the game than they made out on the telly.

Ban every single one of the barstewards from here.

Filth.

I concur.

It was a tiny minority of idiots who sabotaged the silence.

The whole problem was made worse by cavemen who didn't understand that boo-ing their ****bag fans made the whole situation worse than it needed to be.

Total farce tbh.

Gambo, you know, and I know...............

Theyr're.........

S.KUM

Correct. Vermin S kum at that.

I *** hate every last one of them.

I can't wait to rock the Dunbar End next week.

gorgie rd eh11
Here we go again. A minority of Hibs fans disgraced themselves and their club - so some see it as an opportunity to tar them all with the same brush. Could someone explain to me how using this incident as a means of scoring cheap points is in keeping with paying our respects to a former Hearts captain?

Embarrassing.

Might be embarrassing for you shuan but we, unlike yourself, have to put up with a lot of self righteous b*w**gs banging on about booing a foreign religious leader who had zero to do with scottish football. It might be petty to show what a bunch of hypocrites they are, but tough sh*t.

Patrick Bateman

The real disgrace isn't that they were laughing and singing through a silence, (it's probably to be accepted from some people) it's the fact that, on Hibs.net they're trying to blame HEARTS for some apparent set-up. Honestly, they can't just admit that a section of their own fans are absolutely abhorrent.

Funnily enough, they have a go at us for the Cup Semi against Celtic/Pope booing fiasco, when their fans did the EXACT same thing (although less of them were doing it) against Dundee United.

If some ex-Hibby, who none of us has heard of, dies this week - would a minutes silence be perfectly observed in the Dunbar End on Sunday, or would a dozen or so peshed up morons make national hunts of themselves and embarass those around them?

Unbelievable "Holier than thou" pesh!

Yes they would.

Once AGAIN, the utter, utter vermin from lochend show their true colours.

I literally am getting to the point where I wouldn't spit on one of these subhuman *******s if they begged me to.

Backs up what I said earlier.

It was far worse than it appeared on Sultana.

Fecking reptiles.

Archived