Wallace red carded

Ryan Gosling

Zaliukas Booked first for asking why the ref was booking Hearts players but not Dons players and Wallace 2nd booking for ''****ing A***hole''.

In my opinion 2 very very soft bookings and if these offences were clamped down on throught the SPL we would have 10 men a week sent off.

Brines = Horrific referee, who is corrupt and who believes he is something he is not and goes out to wind players up.

Take the glasses off.

Zaliukas did the "waving a card" gesture which we all know and hate. It was a booking, and stupid one to get.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah, I did wonder why there was no Glen on the bench...and I don't know whether it's because he was unavailable or whether it was simply because he wasn't picked. But from what little I know of the youngsters, I don't believe Templeton is suited to the lone striker role anyway.

My point is that it's not the formation, we just don't have the players to be adventurous...or even to be very flexible.

I thought Glen came on as a sub?

Sydney Devine
Zaliukas Booked first for asking why the ref was booking Hearts players but not Dons players and Wallace 2nd booking for ''****ing A***hole''.

In my opinion 2 very very soft bookings and if these offences were clamped down on throught the SPL we would have 10 men a week sent off.

Brines = Horrific referee, who is corrupt and who believes he is something he is not and goes out to wind players up.

I agree that Brines was a complete joke and some of his decisions were very poor, but Zal deserved to be booked in the 1st half. He won the foul, get up and take the kick - why he felt he had to make a theatrical gesture to Brines to book the Aberdeen player, I don't know.

I was sitting directly opposite the tunnel when Zal was sent off, he had a good kick at something before he went into the dressing room and then about a minute later something else happened, as I saw three blokes in Aberdeen coats go down the tunnel and the door appeared to be half off the hinges.

At the final whistle, as the players were going off the pitch, Wallace and Lee Millar were having verbals and a wee shoving match. Brines was in the middle and had to hold Wallace back.

Redm...TBH..I don't know much about the game today other than he started with that formation. My point is that the 4-5-1 has worked in some games and has got us a few great results over the last few weeks. But last week was embarassing in that we were left without a striker on the park after deciding to take off Nade.

I just feel that he has to vary it...all managers have to have a couple of options up their sleeve ....and the way we play at Parkhead has to differ, surely, from our approach at Tynie against Dundee Utd.

Who exactly are the 2 we could play in a 4-4-2, Enzo?

Thunderstruck
Take the glasses off.

Zaliukas did the "waving a card" gesture which we all know and hate. It was a booking, and stupid one to get.

Yes, we all dislike the "waving a card" gesture but we see it week in, week out without as much as a word of warning including the OF match today where several indulged in the pastime. So, what prompted Brines to spit the dummy today?

Consistency is all I ask of officials. They can be p***-poor but can be they be p***-poor in an even-handed manner? Not a hope.

Yes, we all dislike the "waving a card" gesture but we see it week in, week out without as much as a word of warning including the OF match today where several indulged in the pastime. So, what prompted Brines to spit the dummy today?

Consistency is all I ask of officials. They can be p***-poor but can be they be p***-poor in an even-handed manner? Not a hope.

So you agree that he ought to have been booked. The rest is just flanneling.

Yes, we all dislike the "waving a card" gesture but we see it week in, week out......So, what prompted Brines to spit the dummy today?

QUOTE]

Zal should know that (Paranoid hat on) he will get booked for things other will get away with, which is why he shouldn't do it. He also made the most of the challenge and in my opinion played forit and threw himself down.

Damaging a dressing room door has nothing to do with the referee, unless he hit another player with it. If it was the case the people like Alex Ferguson and Walter Smith would be barred from the game by now. Unless of course ot's different rules for different teams - nah, that's being silly!

Nowhere are there any regulation giving the referee any authority to protect the property of any club off the pitch.

Take the glasses off.

yes he did and the referee played to the law....but what did the ref do when mackie was pulled up for offside but continued and kick the ball away SFA

Who exactly are the 2 we could play in a 4-4-2, Enzo?

Shaun - Nade and Glen for a start. Nade was never gonna get any change out of Wilkie and Dillon last week. Just a battle of carthorses....you need another option in games like that...and Glen, or Templeton may have provided that. Laszlo should have been well aware of that though.

Not read the whole thread as I am just back from the game, but could we appeal the card so Wallace can play next week?

Don't know, it's still unclear from what I can see if it's a 2nd yellow or a staright red or what he actually got it for

From what i can see he wasn't booked during the 90 mins so it must have been a straight red,unless it was 2 seperate incidents which he got a yellow for after the game had finished.

I understand that the whole thread was a joke, however I did not find it funny to be called a racist or sectarian - I found it all in poor taste. I get the impression you did not like it when you were called it either???

and actually "my man" has just made my tea - very nice it was too.

anyway FTH.

You still going on about that... Feekin hell...:xmascrazy:

The Old Tolbooth
yes he did and the referee played to the law....but what did the ref do when mackie was pulled up for offside but continued and kick the ball away SFA

That's a very good point, and one picked up on by the commentators too, they did state that Mackie should have been booked for kicking the ball away if the ref was showing to be consistent, and therefore sent off as he had already been booked.

Shaun - Nade and Glen for a start. Nade was never gonna get any change out of Wilkie and Dillon last week. Just a battle of carthorses....you need another option in games like that...and Glen, or Templeton may have provided that. Laszlo should have been well aware of that though.

If Glen either isn't good enough yet or has a poor attitude in training, we can't play 4-4-2.

Thunderstruck
So you agree that he ought to have been booked. The rest is just flanneling.

Incorrect! I said we all dislike the use of the gesture. I then went on to ask why, if the waving of the imaginary card is almost always ignored by officials, Brines took it upon himself to issue a yellow today. IF we were to see players booked for the use of the gesture on a regular basis, then Zaliukas' actions were daft but, given that such sanction is rarely applied, he could reasonably expect the same would happen today.

Perhaps it is paranoia but when it seems that rules are only applied to the letter of the law to only Hearts players and specifically Lithuanians playing for Hearts are booked for simulation. Take two games at Aberdeen. Firstly, last year, where Miko is booked for being assaulted by Diamond and, today, where Miller was swallow-diving all over the box without so much as a word from Brines. Even the BBC found sufficient cause to comment on Miller's antics.

Incorrect! I said we all dislike the use of the gesture. I then went on to ask why, if the waving of the imaginary card is almost always ignored by officials, Brines took it upon himself to issue a yellow today. IF we were to see players booked for the use of the gesture on a regular basis, then Zaliukas' actions were daft but, given that such sanction is rarely applied, he could reasonably expect the same would happen today.

Perhaps it is paranoia but when it seems that rules are only applied to the letter of the law to only Hearts players and specifically Lithuanians playing for Hearts are booked for simulation. Take two games at Aberdeen. Firstly, last year, where Miko is booked for being assaulted by Diamond and, today, where Miller was swallow-diving all over the box without so much as a word from Brines. Even the BBC found sufficient cause to comment on Miller's antics.

I'd just like to state that I have nothing against players asking for yellow cards for opponents. Nothing wrong with trying to keep the referee right.

Are you on the wind-up? I heard Neilson was having a go at someone after the FT,whistle but there was no mention of Wallace being involved!

semt off for calling the ref a W@Nker.

Thunderstruck
I'd just like to state that I have nothing against players asking for yellow cards for opponents. Nothing wrong with trying to keep the referee right.

Sorry, got carried away. Didn't mean to speak for everyone else; there are plenty others around who do it much better than me. :)

Spoken like a true Italian football fan.

Have to say Shaun I don't think it's as bad as some folk make out

Sure as hell, if I was a player and just got nailed I'd be turning round wanting to know what punishment the player would be getting

Have to say Shaun I don't think it's as bad as some folk make out

Sure as hell, if I was a player and just got nailed I'd be turning round wanting to know what punishment the player would be getting

But in many incidents, that's not what happens at all. Instead, groups of players whose team has just received a correct booking surround the ref and demand he evens things up, even for a perfectly clean challenge!

Spoken like a true Inglish football fan.

Why patronise someone who watches what you seemingly consider to be a 'lesser' league of football in a country that isn't as 'Great' as England?

Both stupid sendings off, though once Zal got booked for the card waving gesture I felt it was only a matter of time before he lost the head and did something daft.

A real selection headache has arisen now, perhaps not so much for the centre half position which I would be fine with either Jonsson or Karipidis in, but the left back position which has zero cover. Will Csaba take the gamble on putting Rapnik in ?

Spoken like a true Inglish football fan.

Why patronise someone who watches what you seemingly consider to be a 'lesser' league of football in a country that isn't as 'Great' as England?

Why do you assume I think the Italian league is a lesser one than the English league? Why do you even assume I think the English league is any good? What I do think, though, is the culture of Italian football is more cynical and sneaky (Moggiopoli? Vialli and Marcotti's book showcasing the differences between English and Italian football? Inter's wanton cheating in both CL games v Newcastle a few years back? Lazio's wanton cheating in a game they won away to Chelsea?) - and cynical and sneaky is what I think of footballers trying to get their fellow professionals booked.

Commander Harris

re the first zal booking, I can understand his frustration. We weren't getting much from the ref at that stage and he seemed to be letting a lot of fouls from aberdeen go(the left back nailed kingston a couple of times for example). So when Zal got nailed it's no surprise he showed his frustration.

I don't think the referee was going to bother booking the player until he saw the opportunity to book Zal as well, although that might be a overly cynical interpretation.

Why do you assume I think the Italian league is a lesser one than the English league? Why do you even assume I think the English league is any good? What I do think, though, is the culture of Italian football is more cynical and sneaky (Moggiopoli? Vialli and Marcotti's book showcasing the differences between English and Italian football? Inter's wanton cheating in both CL games v Newcastle a few years back? Lazio's wanton cheating in a game they won away to Chelsea?) - and cynical and sneaky is what I think of footballers trying to get their fellow professionals booked.

I notice your references to 'cheating' involves matches against English teams.

Clearly you consider Italian football to be inferior to English football, and the disdain in your 'spoken like a true..' comment was a clear example of it. It's strikingly obvious that you feel that sort of action doesn't 'belong in football' and that English football is better because that sort of thing doesn't happen as often there as 'experts' like Richard Keys say so.

Interestingly the best player in the world plays in England, and he's also the biggest cheat.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Don't really see the big deal with waving your hand like a tit to try and get a booking.

Sure, it's bad sportsmanship but I don't think it warrants a yellow card.

Is it frowned upon as much in other countries or is it just a British politeness thing?

I notice your references to 'cheating' involves matches against English teams.

Clearly you consider Italian football to be inferior to English football, and the disdain in your 'spoken like a true..' comment was a clear example of it. It's strikingly obvious that you feel that sort of action doesn't 'belong in football' and that English football is better because that sort of thing doesn't happen as often there as 'experts' like Richard Keys say so.

Interestingly the best player in the world plays in England, and he's also the biggest cheat.

Actually, the best player in the world (IMO) plays in Spain, for FC Barcelona. My disdain applied to the cynicism and negativity of Italian football - though in case you hadn't noticed, I write post after post on here bemoaning the lack of tactical intelligence and sheer stupidity of English football. Both brands have many good and bad aspects, but seeing as no less a figure than Jose Mourinho has said that the Italian game has a huge amount of work ahead to return to its former eminence, well...

Commander Harris

IMO it was more a show of frustration rather than a conscious effort to influence the referee.

Don't really see the big deal with waving your hand like a tit to try and get a booking.

Sure, it's bad sportsmanship but I don't think it warrants a yellow card.

Is it frowned upon as much in other countries or is it just a British politeness thing?

Probably the latter I guess. We have plenty of cheats in the English game - but we also win the fair play award at major tournaments. Unlike Italy.

Probably the latter I guess. We have plenty of cheats in the English game - but we also win the fair play award at major tournaments. Unlike Italy.

I'm sure they won't be that gutted.

world_cup_2006_1_1600x1200.jpg

efc__1161606021_world-cup.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

Actually, the best player in the world (IMO) plays in Spain, for FC Barcelona.

When Messi's given the award then I'll call him the best player in the world.

I'm sure the fair play award comforts the English support as the Italians pass around their World Cup.

:xmascrazy:

I'm sure they won't be that gutted.

world_cup_2006_1_1600x1200.jpg

efc__1161606021_world-cup.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

Quite. Our emphasis on fair play is ridiculed around the world, and certainly a reason behind our failure: I was ranting endlessly to anyone who'd listen to me after the Portugal game that I was so, so sick of always being the suckers who fall into the trap. But for whatever reason, England and the Scandinavian teams tend to play most 'fairly' at major tournaments; and amongst major sides, Portugal, Italy, Argentina and Brazil the least fairly.

When Messi's given the award then I'll call him the best player in the world.

I'm sure the fair play award comforts the English support as the Italians pass around their World Cup.

:xmascrazy:

I thought this debate was about whether or not Italian football is often cynical and sneaky - hence my response to Interista?

I thought this debate was about whether or not Italian football is often cynical and sneaky - hence my response to Interista?

My issue was the rude manner of your response to Interista.

Quite. Our emphasis on fair play is ridiculed around the world, and certainly a reason behind our failure: I was ranting endlessly to anyone who'd listen to me after the Portugal game that I was so, so sick of always being the suckers who fall into the trap. But for whatever reason, England and the Scandinavian teams tend to play most 'fairly' at major tournaments; and amongst major sides, Portugal, Italy, Argentina and Brazil the least fairly.

Not sure I agree.

How many fair play awards have they actually won BTW?

Gerrard, Terry, Lampard are all cheats.

For whatever reason, England always fail at major tournies and I don't think it's down to naivety on the pitch.

My issue was the rude manner of your response to Interista.

I'm sure he can handle it. He's rude to me all the time! And it didn't stop you immediately imputing a pretty lazy stereotype about the English either.

Not sure I agree.

How many fair play awards have they actually won BTW?

Gerrard, Terry, Lampard are all cheats.

For whatever reason, England always fail at major tournies and I don't think it's down to naivety on the pitch.

Three - that's more than anyone else I believe (note: this is not something I'm particularly proud of - I'm just mentioning it to underline my point). Can you recall any of England's opponents falling into similar traps to that which led to Beckham and Rooney being sent off? I can't.

Three - that's more than anyone else I believe (note: this is not something I'm particularly proud of - I'm just mentioning it to underline my point). Can you recall any of England's opponents falling into similar traps to that which led to Beckham and Rooney being sent off? I can't.

My memories not great when it comes to remembering specific incidents.

However, I do remember than both Beckham and Rooney were to blame as much as the 'cheats'!

My memories not great when it comes to remembering specific incidents.

However, I do remember than both Beckham and Rooney were to blame as much as the 'cheats'!

Rooney was a total idiot - but fouled by Carvalho in the build-up. Beckham was felled by Simeone, then reacted with the most pathetic, girlie kick. If you're going to retaliate, at least do it properly man!

Can you recall any of England's opponents falling into similar traps to that which led to Beckham and Rooney being sent off? I can't.

Ricardo Carvalho's groin...of course!

rooneystamp030706_228x235.jpg

itsatrap.jpg

:huh:

Ricardo Carvalho's groin...of course!

rooneystamp030706_228x235.jpg

itsatrap.jpg

:huh:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C3cCsJRJII0&feature=related

Watch what happens to Rooney in the buildup. There's no excuse for what he did at all - but last time I checked, I didn't know trying to rugby tackle a player was considered within the laws. Ronaldo's wink attracted the opprobrium it did because of what it meant: "We wound him up, we got to him. We got him".

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=C3cCsJRJII0&feature=related

Watch what happens to Rooney in the buildup. There's no excuse for what he did at all - but last time I checked, I didn't know trying to rugby tackle a player was considered within the laws. Ronaldo's wink attracted the opprobrium it did because of what it meant: "We wound him up, we got to him. We got him".

Exactly.

How un-English of him, the cheeky scamp.

Exactly.

How un-English of him, the cheeky scamp.

If Scotland's opponents had the kind of approach Portugal did against both Holland and England two years ago, I doubt you'd be particularly ecstatic yourself. Portugal were an absolute disgrace.

Archived