Game OFF (Merged Threads)

Baird, King and Michael

Last century, and indeed even in the first half of the last century, this was easily done. In the modern age of instant communication it is all too difficult to organise ticketing. policing, stewards and all that stuff. It's called progress.

Don't even need modern technology.

Phone call to Hearts to agree.

Phone call to SPL.

Phone call to SFA to organise officials.

Phone call to police.

Phone call to stewards.

Phone call to catering company

Phone call to media to publicise.

7 phone calls made at noon, everyone would know by 12.15pm today.

All above made on the pressumption that M'well have paid their phone bill.;)

Who needs modern technology.:P

Why waste a free midweek when there are outstanding games needing played?

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Francis Albert

For the avoidance of doubt, I couldn't agree more.

But presumably it's for the same reason (whatever exactly it is) that Cup replays can't take place three or four days after the first game.

Don't even need modern technology.

Phone call to Hearts to agree.

Phone call to SPL.

Phone call to SFA to organise officials.

Phone call to police.

Phone call to stewards.

Phone call to catering company

Phone call to media to publicise.

7 phone calls made at noon, everyone would know by 12.15pm today.

All above made on the pressumption that M'well have paid their phone bill.;)

They probably get free weekend calls with BT.

Another incentive to get it organised ASAP.

Listened to Jim Traynor on the radio saying poor Motherwell and it's apparently a "fault" with their heating system. Utter rubbish. There was little doubt given their run of results that they really did not want to play us today. If the boot had been on the other foot and this had happened at Tynecastle, Traynor and the rest of these media muppets would have been howling for our blood and a points deduction.

Drylaw Hearts
I wonder if Sultanta will show the fixture when its played?

Unless Celtic or Rangers are willing to replace either Motherwell or Hearts then I think the answer will be no GA.

Sorry.

Unless Celtic or Rangers are willing to replace either Motherwell or Hearts then I think the answer will be no GA.

Sorry.

Fair point.

:mad:

If the boot had been on the other foot and this had happened at Tynecastle, Traynor and the rest of these media muppets would have been howling for our blood and a points deduction.

:Agree:

winston churchill

interview with mark mcghee on radio scotland.

ma players were really up for this game,they were flying in training.

he also stated that ,their under soil heating is the same pish system from last year,they have added a bit of sticky tape and a washer:mad:

If its a Wednesday I can go.

If its a Tuesday I cant.

Just so you all know. Although I have passed my driving test, so I'm not sure how big this news is:p

Here's something for Banderson:

Murderwell can't pay their lecky bill, so they have no heating on.

They can't pay their BT bill so no phone calls.

Can't afford stamps, so no letters

Can't pay the guy who feeds the pigeons, so no carrier pigeons to take out the message.

Maybe someone could loan them their mobile and they could sent out a text.

Maybe then we could manage to re -arrange this fixture.

Match tickets didn't arrive in post so drove to Tynecastle this morning (round trip from Glasgow)...

Another black mark for Motherwell again today...

I was listening to Talk 107 on the way back from Tynecastle and they actually had Mark Donaldson commentating live on the pitch inspection. Lawrence was also on the pitch at the time.

Lawrence confirmed that the undersoil heating was on (if not then the pitch would have been 100% frozen solid). However, it was not enough to save the game. Motherwell also had plastic sheeting over the more troublesome parts of the pitch. The reason for the game being off was the goal mouth in front of the away stand and the centre circle.

The weather all along the M8 today was bright sunshine. However, the fact that the large stand for the away support blocked all of this was the final factor in calling the game off according to Lawrence.

They also confirmed that even if it had been on the Motherwell ground staff had taken a tractor over the pitch this morning and the surface was a disgrace, weather aside...

This should have been off at 10...

That's completely irrelevant. How far north do bloody Rosenborg play ? Have they ever had a game called off in the Champs League in circumstances like this farce? No, because the consequences for a failure of the US heating would be catastrophic for them. UEFA would kick their butts.

Either award HMFC a 3-0 win and 3 points or shift the fixture to Tynie.

Fining Murrawell doesn't compensate fans for being dicked about unneccesarily.

If this was Tynie the media would be going into meltdown.

B Anderson will probably turn this round and make it HMFC's fault, he'll make something up to turn the story as a HMFC negative.:mad:

Been thinking about this - the only way teams will get their house in order if the game is awarded to the away team. If it was Hearts that were consistently failing, I'm sure we would see this happen.

They cancelled fixture after fixture last season and caused the controvery surrounding Rangers getting an extension to the season.

They're at it again already.

We're in fine form, they're playing pants. The game is cancelled.

Cheats.

(Sorry if this was posted earlier - x mas night out.)

The situation with 'Well make the who league look stupid. Forget minimum capacitys of 7000, under soil heating should be a pre-requsit, and any club without it should be getting the heave ho:mad:

It is...

portobellojambo1
The situation with 'Well make the who league look stupid. Forget minimum capacitys of 7000, under soil heating should be a pre-requsit, and any club without it should be getting the heave ho:mad:

Undersoil heating is a pre-requisite. Unfortunately it tends not to work until you turn the fecking thing on.

B Anderson will probably turn this round and make it HMFC's fault, he'll make something up to turn the story as a HMFC negative.:mad:

"Romanov Uses Top Secret Russian Frost Seeding Technology To Get Game Abandoned"

SPL Rules

Membership Criteria

a Club?s Registered Ground for a Season must, by not later than 31st March immediately preceding the relevant Season, satisfy the requirements of the Stadia Handbook, provide and have provided individually numbered seats in areas under cover of a roof for not less than 6,000 spectators and have adequate winter pitch protection as specified in the Rules. Where the Stadia Handbook and the Rules are in conflict then the Rules take precedence. Adequate winter pitch protection means under pitch or underground heated types as specified in Rule H6.6;

As I've been banging on about elsewhere on here, do you thing 'they' would not be putting the boot into us under similar circumstances ?

As I stated on another thread, Fir Park 'lost' about six games last season and not a 'dickey bird' was said :mad:

Now I'm a football fan pure and simple ( ? ) so I was fairly understanding of the fact that ABNORMAL weather conditions had combined with heavy usage ( giving Gretna a hand ) in buggering their pitch

However I'm pretty sure Terry Butcher pulled a similar stunt before ( during a bad run of form ) and got away with it ?

Lets not kid ourselves, we would be lambasted from all sides if Tynie was declared unplayable for this match and someone has to pay for it :mad:

Now at the moment that's ME, and all the rest of the folk who have forked out ?22 for a ticket they will probably not be able to use midweek ?

I support the guy who suggested that the match be switched to Tynie, especially if the SPL find there is a case worthy of a fine ?

What good is that now, the SPL pocketing say ?5,000, to the fans who have travelled from far and wide for **** all :mad::evilno:

maroonlegions

Manager Mark McGhee was seething. "I want answers," he said, "and if there was some sort of failing, I want to know it has been fixed immediately. The system was repaired and checked after it had been damaged."

The initial inspection was carried out at 10am with a follow-up at 11.45am but the area within the six-yard box was still considered to be dangerously hard.

"The boilers for the heating are all showing full power and it had been tested previously," said McGhee. "All the tests showed that it was working but I want to know that, if there is a problem with it, we have sufficient covers that we can put on the pitch that will guarantee that there is nothing like this happens again this season. It's a joke. This is the first bit of inclement weather and it's not going to get any better."

Seems he is raging also.:mw_rolleyes:

scott herbertson
Manager Mark McGhee was seething. "I want answers," he said, "and if there was some sort of failing, I want to know it has been fixed immediately. The system was repaired and checked after it had been damaged."

The initial inspection was carried out at 10am with a follow-up at 11.45am but the area within the six-yard box was still considered to be dangerously hard.

"The boilers for the heating are all showing full power and it had been tested previously," said McGhee. "All the tests showed that it was working but I want to know that, if there is a problem with it, we have sufficient covers that we can put on the pitch that will guarantee that there is nothing like this happens again this season. It's a joke. This is the first bit of inclement weather and it's not going to get any better."

Seems he is raging also.:mw_rolleyes:

The operative word

I was speaking to someone on our bus Gambo, and apparently there are two clubs in the SPL who cannot use their undersoil heating overnight, because of complaints they have received from neighbours regards the noise. Those clubs are Kilmarnock and Motherwell, whose games were postponed today.

According to the NOTW today, this ban was lifted 4year ago in Kilmarnocks case.

Drylaw Hearts
According to the NOTW today, this ban was lifted 4year ago in Kilmarnocks case.

Do you believe the NOTW ?

Drylaw Hearts
Hence the reason i put 'according to the NOTW' and let posters make their own mind up. ;)

I realised that.

You didn't answer the question though.

:D

Drylaw Hearts
Did you just (twice) reply to your own post DH? You must be tired of the inertia too :mw_rolleyes:

:)

I was merely bringing it to the attention of Mr Gambo who is ignoring the post as he knows the point I am trying to make.

Did you just (twice) reply to your own post DH? You must be tired of the inertia too :mw_rolleyes:

I'd be tired of it too but I just can't seem to find the energy.

:)

I was merely bringing it to the attention of Mr Gambo who is ignoring the post as he knows the point I am trying to make.

What point is that?

I do believe that like what the NOTW say, that Kilmarnock no longer have the overnight ban.

Drylaw Hearts
What point is that?

I do believe that like what the NOTW say, that Kilmarnock no longer have the overnight ban.

That you are willing to believe a downmarket tabloid rag when it's suits you.

And not just you btw.

That you are willing to believe a downmarket tabloid rag when it's suits you.

And not just you btw.

So if i believe/don't believe one story it has to be that way all the time? I will make my mind up on individual stories thank you very much.

Motherwell FC News

November 2008

Sunday, December 7

http://www.motherwellfc.org/news/dec08/7.htm

7.55pm

The SPL will launch an "urgent and serious enquiry" after yesterday's game with Hearts was postponed due to a frozen pitch. And let's face it, whatever sort of punishment they hit us with will be thoroughly deserved. Despite John Boyle's reassurances that the pitch problems of last season would not be repeated, it appears that the patch-up job carried out on the playing surface over the summer resulted in the undersoil heating pipes being burst, and the club decided not to carry out the necessary repairs. Their thinking seems to be that any financial penalty we receive for having matches postponed will be far less than the outlay required to fix the undersoil heating. If this is true then we are an absolute joke of a football club.

Not surprisingly, there was no word from Boyle on the matter yesterday. Instead, it was left to Mark McGhee to address the media, and you can read what he had to say at the BBC website.

Drylaw Hearts
So if i believe/don't believe one story it has to be that way all the time? I will make my mind up on individual stories thank you very much.

Ok.

Why were you so quick to believe that particular story ?

Now then, a few points

1. Murderwell know the forcast and how bad the weather had been all week.

2. No cash gate (I was informed that Hearts had asked for one and we usually have one for Fir Park)

I strongly suggest they never had any intention of playing this game and decided that by making the game all ticket that they could ensure a "saturday" sized crowd paid for a "wednesday" sized turn out.

As for McGhee his comments about his own club etc defo falls into the

"he protestive too much" category.

Anyhow I stand back and wait for our association to do the right thing. :mad:

Then again we fine players/managers for speaking their mind, we fine clubs for bad discipline dispite many of the cautions being unwarranted, but fine clubs for costing fans their hard earned due to their failings? Hell no!!

Now then, a few points

1. Murderwell know the forcast and how bad the weather had been all week.

2. No cash gate (I was informed that Hearts had asked for one and we usually have one for Fir Park)

I strongly suggest they never had any intention of playing this game and decided that by making the game all ticket that they could ensure a "saturday" sized crowd paid for a "wednesday" sized turn out.

As for McGhee his comments about his own club etc defo falls into the

"he protestive too much" category.

Anyhow I stand back and wait for our association to do the right thing. :mad:

Then again we fine players/managers for speaking their mind, we fine clubs for bad discipline dispite many of the cautions being unwarranted, but fine clubs for costing fans their hard earned due to their failings? Hell no!!

That's a very interesting point

Motherwell have often tried to maximise away supports by having a cash gate on .........or at least made tickets available from their shop on the day.

In fact I recall they made a nice gesture some years ago, reducing the gate price from ?18 to ?12 if you brought your ST along and showed it at the gate. Anyway, they appeared to be reluctant to do this time

Conspiracy theory anyone :D

Motherwell FC News

November 2008

Sunday, December 7

http://www.motherwellfc.org/news/dec08/7.htm

7.55pm

The SPL will launch an "urgent and serious enquiry" after yesterday's game with Hearts was postponed due to a frozen pitch. And let's face it, whatever sort of punishment they hit us with will be thoroughly deserved. Despite John Boyle's reassurances that the pitch problems of last season would not be repeated, it appears that the patch-up job carried out on the playing surface over the summer resulted in the undersoil heating pipes being burst, and the club decided not to carry out the necessary repairs. Their thinking seems to be that any financial penalty we receive for having matches postponed will be far less than the outlay required to fix the undersoil heating. If this is true then we are an absolute joke of a football club.

Not surprisingly, there was no word from Boyle on the matter yesterday. Instead, it was left to Mark McGhee to address the media, and you can read what he had to say at the BBC website.

Strange how the media and some on here are OK with McGee being the spokesman for this debacle yet when Csaba was the only one put up by the club on the wages thing, folk were up in arms.

Ps The quote is nothing to do with what you wrote it, was due to the last bit about McGee

Archived