Game OFF (Merged Threads)

Baird, King and Michael

Drylaw Hearts
It is for any team entering the SPL those who have been there from the start.....

I see.

I didn't realise that.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiac Rucksack
I see.

I didn't realise that.

Its in a thread here Drylaw apparently its not on entering the league every club should have a function under soil heating system. Motherwell's simply doesnt work and the SPL have known about it since pre season.

Apologies for the earlier statement.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=96640

They dont have a system to turn on.

All SPL clubs are required to have working undersoil heating, but a problem at Rugby Park led to the postponement of Saturday's match.

"We're obviously extremely disappointed that the pitch isn't fit for purpose," said an SPL spokesman.

"We have rules in place with regards to clubs having undersoil heating to deal with weather like this and there will be an urgent and serious inquiry as to why the undersoil heating didn't do its job."

If Kilmarnock are found to be in breach of SPL rules, they could face sanctions, which include the possibility of a fine.

We have rules in place with regards to clubs having undersoil heating to deal with weather like this and there will be an urgent and serious inquiry as to why the undersoil heating didn't do its job

Scottish Premier League spokesman

from the BBC page on today's games.

Cardiac Rucksack
All SPL clubs are required to have working undersoil heating, but a problem at Rugby Park led to the postponement of Saturday's match.

"We're obviously extremely disappointed that the pitch isn't fit for purpose," said an SPL spokesman.

"We have rules in place with regards to clubs having undersoil heating to deal with weather like this and there will be an urgent and serious inquiry as to why the undersoil heating didn't do its job."

If Kilmarnock are found to be in breach of SPL rules, they could face sanctions, which include the possibility of a fine.

Is there not some sort of Bye law down Killie way where the council have said they cant turn it on between certain times due to the noise it makes and complaints from local residents?

maroonlegions
I'm pretty sure they have a track record for this. Didn't they receive a warning from the SFA a couple of seasons ago for having failed to turn on the heating on several occasions?

Thats what rung a bell with me , iam sure they were warned about fecking about with their heating.Mind you if they were the ones on form and sitting in 3rd and we were playing crap do you think they would have pulled all the stops out to make sure it was on.Of course the above saying will look silly if the game is on but it would not surprise me.:cool:

Is there not some sort of Bye law down Killie way where the council have said they cant turn it on between certain times due to the noise it makes and complaints from local residents?

Have no idea about Bye-laws etc, i was mainly pointing out that Working Undersoil heating is required as stated in the rules of the SPL. And as i stated on another thread i wasnt sure but thought fines were possible if clubs failed to keep the pitch's in a playable state and match's then called off due to negligence etc, this shows that fines can be given. SO motherwell should be fined if the game was to be called off today

Tedp just posted saying it's OFF?

instant relegation for being a bunch of ***** who clearly do not abide by spl rules and requirements

maroonlegions
I thouight there was meant to be fines in place for not using the undersoil heating or pitches that were not up to standard. And it was only in severe weather conditions where you escaped those fines. Or is that wrong?

The same should be applied to Fir Park too.

What a shambles. Motherwell should be fined!

absolutely pathetic ! ... just in after getting tickets at tynie.... by the way, no mention of later inspections when getting the tickets !

What a shambles. Motherwell should be fined!

At the very least mate; Jambos have been travelling from all over to support the team. Surely this is the last straw: the SFA must really be seen to be doing something now surely??

i thought all top flight clubs were supposed to have undersoil heating so games wouldn't get called off because of frozen pitches

After the week we've had and all the jibes, non-stories, slander and laughs generated can you imagine if this had been our pitch?

The only sensible thing to do is to demand the 3 points, end of story.

Cardiac Rucksack

After the number of call offs last year the SPL have to do something about Motherwell, if this was us we would be severly punished.

Romanov Stole My Pension

For years motherwell have had a **** poor pitch. Hearts should demand the 3 points. Any idea when it'll be rescheduled for? I'm guessing there's not much chance of it being tomorrow?

For years motherwell have had a **** poor pitch. Hearts should demand the 3 points. Any idea when it'll be rescheduled for? I'm guessing there's not much chance of it being tomorrow?

Better not be, I'm working. Tuesday or Thursday are the only good nights for me,so I vote for them!

Straight from motherwell but seeing as its on the official site now.

Yep, had a feeling this was going to be the outcome.

What a total joke. The media can slag off other clubs but Motherwell continually break the rules and get away with it. Its a total disregard for other clubs and more importantly fans.

Everything about them is a disgrace. Charge us more than the Old Firm, make the match all ticket and now some folk won't be able to go.

They should get the book thrown at them, but they won't.

Maybe midweek. Or could even be after the new year.

Murderwell got away with it last year because they used the excuse of Gretna sharing the ground so the pitch was overused, the year before that they were warned. This year they have no excuse and should be hit heavily for this disgrace. If they cant have a playable pitch in what lets be honest wasn't really that severe weather, then they should be pumped out the league until they can have a pitch that wont have games being called off each week.

How will they cope when we do get a really bad spell of weather.

Drylaw Hearts
What a total joke. The media can slag off other clubs but Motherwell continually break the rules and get away with it. Its a total disregard for other clubs and more importantly fans.

Everything about them is a disgrace. Charge us more than the Old Firm, make the match all ticket and now some folk won't be able to go.

They should get the book thrown at them, but they won't.

Its Hearts that requested the match is made all ticket.

maroonlegions

Right, lets bomb bard the SFA web site and BBC Sports sounds phone in demanding action to be taken against Murderwell.Fecking complete farce.:mad:

Does anyone know if Hearts had a representative present ? If not we should have done as it's been obvious all week this was likely and that Motherwell were very possibly at it given the respective runs we have been on.

Kilmarnock I'll excuse as I'm sure they rarely have games postponed, but Motherwell should be ejected out the SPL for having such poor facilities.

Too much money have been spent or wasted on ensuing teams had enough seats in their stadium when important things such as stadium draining facilities have been ignored.

MackaysCentreSpot

Were Motherwell not warned last season if games were cancelled in the future then they would be punished?

Frozen pitch - obviously did not have their USH on.

So lets see if they are punished along with Kilmarnock.

And if not other clubs should be asking why not.

Wonder what will happen about it being rearranged ? Given they can't even get it on for a 3pm game when the weather has been chilly but hardly horrendous what is the chances of a midweek 7.45 being Ok after the temperature has dropped a few degrees ? We will probably be hanging on at half 6 waiting for a decision. To**ers.

We play them at Tynie midweek in the new year as well.

Frozen pitch - obviously did not have their USH on.

If that is the reason the game is off they should be punished. I don't think we have had a real cold snap over the last couple of days, in fact it has benn quite 'mild'.

You can understand if we had had a week of -5 tempatures but we have not, and is that not what undersoil heating is for.

Archived