Game OFF (Merged Threads)

Baird, King and Michael

Baird, King and Michael

Just phoned Motherwell to get the result of the pitch inspection.

They've rescheduled another inspetction for 11.45!

Because they would not allow a cash gate, myself and 5 other guys from the Borders are having to tavell to Tynecastle first to pick up the tickets.

We'll have to leave now without knowing if its on or off.

What a joke that pitch is!

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It must've passed the 1st one?

Or are they giving it another 45 mins to do whatever?

Straight from the website.

Further pitch inspection planned

Today's Clydesdale Bank Premier League fixture between Motherwell and Hearts will be subject to a further pitch inspection at 11:45.

A pitch inspection took place at Fir Park this morning when a local Scottish FA referee decided that the Lanarkshire club should be allowed more time to prepare the pitch for this afternoon's game.

maroonlegions

Have Murderwell got under soil heating and did they remember to switch the damn thing on:eek:i Remember last season they had the same fecking problems, they should get it tight if they have failed to put the necessary measures in place.:mad:

portobellojambo1

Oh well, feck it, just have to take the chance it is on, bus leaves in 15 minutes. If it is called off we will just have to hope the bus is within walking distance of a pub at that point.

(maybe if they put some feckin money in the meter the undersoil heating would perform the function it was installed to perform).

Are there any Scottish Cup ties being played around the Motherwell area today ??

Bollocks. Should've been pay at the gate. ****e club. ****e fans. ****e pitch.

Looks like it's an afternoon with Alistair Alexander for me.

maroonlegions

A pitch inspection took place at Fir Park this morning when a local Scottish FA referee decided that the Lanarkshire club should be allowed more time to prepare the pitch for this afternoon's game. :eek:

Fecking new it, they have forgot to switch the under soil heating on (if they have it), if it was not snowing heavy then what the feck have they been doing?

last week dalbeattie star were due to play forres in the cup.they had an inspection earlier than when it was due and called it off at 9.30.even though the star team were up there anyway(they had stayed overnight in inverness)the ref never gave an option of a 2nd inspection.the forres officials said it would be playable once the sun hit it and by all accounts it was.cost star ?3000 and again left last night for todays game(if its on).why the double standards?

portobellojambo1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7768881.stm

See the state of it.

Killie game is off.

I am assuming that is a historical picture of Fir Park IMA MAROON. If that is today, i.e. live picture, it should have been called off at the original inspection time.

Anyway I am away to the game, or Lanarkshire at the very least.

last week dalbeattie star were due to play forres in the cup.they had an inspection earlier than when it was due and called it off at 9.30.even though the star team were up there anyway(they had stayed overnight in inverness)the ref never gave an option of a 2nd inspection.the forres officials said it would be playable once the sun hit it and by all accounts it was.cost star ?3000 and again left last night for todays game(if its on).why the double standards?

GFA say no more i dont think there will be much sun in Motherwell today. might be wrong.

The Old Tolbooth
Just phoned Motherwell to get the result of the pitch inspection.

They've rescheduled another inspetction for 11.45!

Because they would not allow a cash gate, myself and 5 other guys from the Borders are having to tavell to Tynecastle first to pick up the tickets.

We'll have to leave now without knowing if its on or off.

What a joke that pitch is!

Look on the bright side mate, if some of you cant make the re scheduled match then I'll have 2 of your tickets, at a discount of course ;)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Hmmm, I was off to bed and then get up for the game. Might hang on for a while to hear the chat instead!

Motherwell are a fecking joke for postponements!

Nucky Thompson
11.45?? Brilliant. You'd think they know that the only direct train from Haymarket is 11.44.
You can always jump off at South Gyle;)

A pitch inspection took place at Fir Park this morning when a local Scottish FA referee decided that the Lanarkshire club should be allowed more time to prepare the pitch for this afternoon's game. :eek:

Fecking new it, they have forgot to switch the under soil heating on (if they have it), if it was not snowing heavy then what the feck have they been doing?

I heard a rumour a couple of seasons ago that Motherwell have undersoil heating but quite intentionally never switch it on, to save money, knowing that they'll get by through rearranged fixtures etc.

I heard a rumour a couple of seasons ago that Motherwell have undersoil heating but quite intentionally never switch it on, to save money, knowing that they'll get by through rearranged fixtures etc.

I'm pretty sure they have a track record for this. Didn't they receive a warning from the SFA a couple of seasons ago for having failed to turn on the heating on several occasions?

You can always jump off at South Gyle;)

Wrong direction. If your train is stopping at the Gyle then you are heading to Fife mate!

:)

I thouight there was meant to be fines in place for not using the undersoil heating or pitches that were not up to standard. And it was only in severe weather conditions where you escaped those fines. Or is that wrong?

I thouight there was meant to be fines in place for not using the undersoil heating or pitches that were not up to standard. And it was only in severe weather conditions where you escaped those fines. Or is that wrong?

That makes no sense. So if the SFA is behind that, it is probably the case.

It has actually just occured to me - this is my first visit to Motherwell since moving to Fauldhouse a couple of months ago - and Im actually closer to Fir Park than I am to Tynecastle!! Im only about a 20mins drive from the ground, so if the weather is similar - I'd suggest the game should be ON!

At least I can kickback and have another coffee while watching Soccer AM while waiting on the official decision, its the guys that have a bit of traveling you gotta feel for. (Dumfries Hearts, the three guys that sit in front of me in sec F from Aberdeen, etc, etc)

"Cash Crisis hit Motherwell can't afford to heat pitch at Fir Park"

Will this be Monday's front page of the Sun?

;):eek::sterb003::hobo::money::dramaqueen:

That makes no sense. So if the SFA is behind that, it is probably the case.

I may be thinking of somethng else, I just have it though somewhere that clubs can be fines for inadequate pitch's and/or undersoil heating when there is not a good enough reason for it.

As has been stated Murderwell have a previous record of NOT heating the pitch. Just what will the GFA do to them? How many times can they get away with not puting on the heating. Where is the press story about them not paying the lecky bill?

Some on here seem to think I am paranoid but I can say 100% if this was us they would be having a field day!

GFA say no more i dont think there will be much sun in Motherwell today. might be wrong.

I think you might be. Clear cloudless sky in Glasgow!

It has actually just occured to me - this is my first visit to Motherwell since moving to Fauldhouse a couple of months ago - and Im actually closer to Fir Park than I am to Tynecastle!! Im only about a 20mins drive from the ground, so if the weather is similar - I'd suggest the game should be ON!

At least I can kickback and have another coffee while watching Soccer AM while waiting on the official decision, its the guys that have a bit of traveling you gotta feel for. (Dumfries Hearts, the three guys that sit in front of me in sec F from Aberdeen, etc, etc)

don,t think there will be anyone from dumfries at the game today even though its our closest game.i've said i won,t be screwed by the likes of 'well any more so its home games and cup games only.

Motherwell are a disgrace. When is the last time any other team had matches postponed due to the weather on more than one occasion. SFA should fine them.

I don't know what the weather's been like in FYMotherwell, but SSN showed both Rangers and Celtic training at their academies yesterday with snow piled around them. Bet there are no games through in glasgow off today.

Romanov Stole My Pension

The sun is shining in Glasgow so hopefully if it's the same in Motherwell the referee will bare that in mind with 3 hours til kickoff.

Mon the hearts

As has been stated Murderwell have a previous record of NOT heating the pitch. Just what will the GFA do to them? How many times can they get away with not puting on the heating. Where is the press story about them not paying the lecky bill?

Some on here seem to think I am paranoid but I can say 100% if this was us they would be having a field day!

If this was Hearts, anyone and everyone would think we were about to go bust. Why? Because we've signed the same contract as every other SPL team and put the facilities in place that no game should ever be off due to the whether. Clubs have been denied entry to the SPL for various problems with their grounds. What do you do to a club that has the facilities but can't be assed spending the money to use them.

No SPL games should ever be postponed due to the weather, the people in charge have made sure of that. But sh**ey wee Motherwell just throw that back at the rest of the League. If this game is off there should be a full investigation and sanctions on Motherwell for the farce that they've become in the last two years.

John Gentleman
Hmmm, I was off to bed and then get up for the game. Might hang on for a while to hear the chat instead!

Motherwell are a fecking joke for postponements!

Geoff, the more things change, the more they stay the same. FIR Park, is, and always has been a joke in my living memory (55yrs). Even if they were to switch on the electric blanket, the place would morph into a waterlogged quagmire.

IIRC, Ibronx used to be the same but they invested in drainage infrastructure to mitigate the problem. The issue is all about water tables.

Oh, how I wish that all that Scottish water could find its way to South Australia!

Drylaw Hearts
Motherwell have no undersoil heating. They have cheated once again.

I always thought that was one of the criteria for SPL inclusion ?

Cardiac Rucksack

They dont have a system to turn on.

Cardiac Rucksack
I always thought that was one of the criteria for SPL inclusion ?

It is for any team entering the SPL those who have been there from the start.....

They dont have a system to turn on.

If that is true then why are they in the league? Why should they get away with not spending the cash when every other team has to?

Fine them and BAN them asap.

Archived