Game OFF (Merged Threads)

Baird, King and Michael

Does anyone have the stats of games postponed at Motherwell over the last 10years and how many times we have been affected.

I am glad Livingston are no longer in our league as we always seemed to have a game through there called off each year.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
portobellojambo1
Then those grounds should be shut down as they are incapable of hosting SPL matches.

Everyone knows for 3 or 4 months of the year in Scotland there is a chance of frost, hence the reason SPL clubs are required to have undersoil heating.

What is the use of having it if you are not allowed to turn it on at the time when the frost generally takes hold (middle of the night). Our season is played through the months when frost hits and if those clubs cannot provide basic facilities to cope with it then they should move or GTF.

I agree totally, it is pointless putting undersoil heating on after the damage is done, effective use of undersoil heating is preventing the damage in the 1st place. By sticking it on for 2 or 3 hours in the morning, after the frost has penetrated you risk both flooding the ground and damaging the soil and grass.

TIME TO TAKE ACTION ON MOTHERWELL IT'S NOT

THE 1ST TIME NEVER PUT ON HEATING WHAT ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN BY SFA

Please use punctuation, lower case letters, and include all the words required to make readable sentences.

Thank you.

Thunderstruck
They probably watered the goalmouths and centre circle late last night :mad:

It was rumoured that the undersoil heating at Ibrox was turned off prior to our game in Dec 85 and that they had watered pitch for good measure.

Unfortunately for them, game was played and John Colquhoun danced around them all afternoon, scoring two goals in the process.

Son Of Anarchy

We should bombard GFA and the papers with email complaints.They will be ignored onviously but we have to at least try do something about this.Murderwell cant be allowed to get away with this again.

Unbelievable! Murderwell are not fit for purpose and are a total disgrace!

They have undersoil heating at Fir Park and don't switch it on to save pennies, they should be fined thousands for causing a fixture backlog when there's no need to.

On a brighter note, I should be able to make the re scheduled match :)

The cynic in me says that they did this on purpose knowing that we will probably lose half our team in January, giving them a better chance of winning the re scheduled match, wannabe weedgie tossers!

My first thoughts

winston churchill
Does anyone have the stats of games postponed at Motherwell over the last 10years and how many times we have been affected.

I am glad Livingston are no longer in our league as we always seemed to have a game through there called off each year.

here's a photo of their midden last season, before they put in a new pitch.

_44507984_firparksoaked270.jpg

Please use punctuation, lower case letters, and include all the words required to make readable sentences.

Thank you.

:D

11 games called off in Scotland this afternoon.

Its a ****er, and Motherwell have a poor record - but with them not sharing a pitch this season can only think the weather has got to the pitch rather than Motherwell making no effort to get the game on.

Remember, this is money Motherwell will not be making this afternoon as well.

Heart goes out to the fans who were on route.

Hearts, fined ridiculous amounts of money for yellow/red cards subjectively issued by GFA officials...

On the other hand, Motherwell, perpetually, and yet again today, are unable to undertake mid-winter fixtures in a league which mostly takes place in the winter months from November to March. What kind of financial or points punishment will the governing body issue to Motherwell ?

Scottish football = 3rd world governance.

It was rumoured that the undersoil heating at Ibrox was turned off prior to our game in Dec 85 and that they had watered pitch for good measure.

Unfortunately for them, game was played and John Colquhoun danced around them all afternoon, scoring two goals in the process.

I loved that game. One of my favourite memories ...

Well simple fact is, Motherwell are the SPL's darlings after the past year. They won't be punished yet again because 'they've had a difficult year'.

If the SPL do have an enquiry in to why the game is off, do you honestly believe that Phil O'Donell's tragic early death in life would have bearing on the SPL's outcome?

Hearts fans are getting more and more paranoid!

Swindon Jambo
Just phoned Motherwell to get the result of the pitch inspection.

They've rescheduled another inspetction for 11.45!

Because they would not allow a cash gate, myself and 5 other guys from the Borders are having to tavell to Tynecastle first to pick up the tickets.

We'll have to leave now without knowing if its on or off.

What a joke that pitch is!

travelled up from swindon bloody hell nightmare

If the SPL do have an enquiry in to why the game is off, do you honestly believe that Phil O'Donell's tragic early death in life would have bearing on the SPL's outcome?

Yes. Paranoia eh?

:laugh:

Someone who would know. 90% certain.

:rolleyes: Another wannabe big shot trying to pretend he's ITK.

maroonlegions
Would that be a jester with a funny hat and bells on?

:eek::107years:, mind you that's a pretty good description of the clowns in charge of the SFA dont you think.:) .To jest or not to jest, eh.

OK then, GESTURE.:rolleyes:

maroonlegions
:rolleyes: Another wannabe big shot trying to pretend he's ITK.

I WONDER WHAT ODDS YOU WOULD HAVE GOT FOR THE 10%.:rolleyes:

Drylaw Hearts

I'm not sure about that GA.

I think the Lee Wallace theory was a good one.

I'm not sure about that GA.

I think the Lee Wallace theory was a good one.

Depends when the game's rescheduled for.

Hah - I just got my suggestion read out on Sportsound ...

"why not give one point of that postponed game to the away team then when the game is played it is only for the remaining two ?"

Heh.

winston churchill

interesting debate on radio scotland.

claims of muddywell and killie skint and not turning on the under soil heating.

i blame vlad.

winston churchill
Any news or idea yet when the game might be played?

motherwell awarded the points,as we will be out the box next week;)

Hearts Heritage
Any news or idea yet when the game might be played?

On a Tuesday or a Wednesday.

Hah - I just got my suggestion read out on Sportsound ...

"why not give one point of that postponed game to the away team then when the game is played it is only for the remaining two ?"

Heh.

I think it's a stonkin' idea.

In the rules.

No excuses. Automatic forfeit of one point to the away team.

Drylaw Hearts
I think it's a stonkin' idea.

In the rules.

No excuses. Automatic forfeit of one point to the away team.

Did you just reply to your own suggestion ?

Charlie-Brown
Did you just reply to your own suggestion ?

I think so DH, he probably got tired of all the inertia......

Its seems that they get away with lots, admin before the 10 point rule was introduced, sacking players and never paying them what they were due etc etc.

John Boyle must suck like a hoover.

He certainly sucks the old firm like a hoover.:eek:

travelled up from swindon bloody hell nightmare

Swindon Jambo nightmare travelled up from swindon this morning!

Is there an echo in here?

Long way mate. Still Motherwell has a great nightlife:eek:

I simply cannot stand motherwell. Top 5 hates without a shadow of a doubt.

Agreed.

Whiney, trampy barstards.

Hearts, fined ridiculous amounts of money for yellow/red cards subjectively issued by GFA officials...

On the other hand, Motherwell, perpetually, and yet again today, are unable to undertake mid-winter fixtures in a league which mostly takes place in the winter months from November to March. What kind of financial or points punishment will the governing body issue to Motherwell ?

Scottish football = 3rd world governance.

GFA make Mugabe look competent!!!

Verdict of the Enquiry:

"Since it was Hearts we'll let you off, but don't let it happen again - unless it's Hearts of course"!!!

PS

Vladimir Romanov was fined ?25,000 and Hearts were deducted 3 points for saying it was a disgrace that the game was not postponed earlier, thus saving the cost for their fans who had to set out before the final inspection.

Afternoon all.

Really wish Motherwell would just **** off and get relegated.

They should have gone down a few years ago under Butcher and that probably would have been that due to their finances being in a right old state.

But instead they remain in the SPL year after year having matches postponed around winter because they are too stupid to do anything about it.

I ****ing hate Motherwell.

Is there any reason why the game can't be rescheduled for this Tuesday/Wednesday?

After the fixture backlog last season for some teams you would think that the SPL would want to get games like this out the way incase we do hit a cold spell.

Drylaw Hearts
Is there any reason why the game can't be rescheduled for this Tuesday/Wednesday?

After the fixture backlog last season for some teams you would think that the SPL would want to get games like this out the way incase we do hit a cold spell.

That would be sensible.

Which means it won't happen.

Francis Albert

Last century, and indeed even in the first half of the last century, this was easily done. In the modern age of instant communication it is all too difficult to organise ticketing. policing, stewards and all that stuff. It's called progress.

maroonlegions

Meanwhile, Motherwell will have their own investigation after an area of the pitch was left frozen despite their undersoil heating.:eek:

Have their OWN investigation, that cant be right.:eek:

Meanwhile, Motherwell will have their own investigation after an area of the pitch was left frozen despite their undersoil heating.:eek:

Have their OWN investigation, that cant be right.:eek:

Motherwell's investigation concludes: It was not their fault. Fact.

Archived