Game OFF (Merged Threads)

Baird, King and Michael

maroonlegions

The Scottish Premier League is to launch an "urgent and serious inquiry" after the postponement of two matches on Saturday.

Kilmarnock v Aberdeen and Motherwell v Hearts failed morning inpsections. :rolleyes:

If Murderwell do not get punished then its a blatant open 2 fingered jester to the fans.:mad:

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cardiac Rucksack
Were Motherwell not warned last season if games were cancelled in the future then they would be punished?

Frozen pitch - obviously did not have their USH on.

So lets see if they are punished along with Kilmarnock.

And if not other clubs should be asking why not.

As far as the rumors go the USH at Fir Park does not work and the SPL have known this since pre season. Can you imagine the headlines if this had been Tynecastle?

Seymour M Hersh

Apparently Killie are facing a "serious" investigation by the GFA because their under-soil heating broke. A GFA spokesperson said we have rules in place regarding under-soil heating. This was on the news at 12 on radio Scotland I wonder if murderwell will face an investigation?

Romanov Stole My Pension

Could Hearts ask for it to be played at Tynecastle in the near future as a punishment?

You can understand if we had had a week of -5 tempatures but we have not, and is that not what undersoil heating is for.

Totally. If they can't get it on today what chance if it gets colder and is a 7.45 kick off ? It should be postponed until well into next year now.

MackaysCentreSpot
Its Hearts that requested the match is made all ticket.

No matchday sales at Motherwell

Hearts today received notification from Motherwell that the Fir Park club will NOT sell any tickets from Fir Park on Matchday (Saturday 6th December).

In recent months most Clydesdale Bank Premier League clubs have made tickets available to Hearts supporters on the day of the game.

The Lanarkshire club has however decided on health and safety grounds not to sell tickets for this match on the day of the game.[/Quote]

Did not sound that way according to the official site. Note highlighted wording.

We play them at Tynie midweek in the new year as well.

In March.

Its a joke. Perhaps we should switch off our undersoil heating to try and save money. Wonder how quick the SPL will be to punish us.

It shows the incompetence and shambles of motherwell when games in Inverness can go ahead, they have had far more snow and colder conditions. Just having a look at 1st 2nd and 3rd division games as well and there doesnt seem to be many problems there, so how can this joke of a club be allowed to get away with this in the SPL

Drylaw Hearts
Probably the first of a whole host of games that will be postponed at Jakeywell this season. :angry:

Probably.

If the SPL had any sense they'd ask the SFA to suspend 'Well signing any players until they have a pitch and heating system that is fit for a 'Top Flight' Club.

Inverness have managed to get their match on even though the temperature is colder than that in Motherwell.

maroonlegions
As far as the rumors go the USH at Fir Park does not work and the SPL have known this since pre season. Can you imagine the headlines if this had been Tynecastle?

So all in all they are going to get off scot free again and the next time and the next time.........., GTF SFA.:mad:

The People's Chimp

Disgrace. It wasn't even that cold last night.

I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo up for this game it was unreal.

gutted.

Murderwell GTF.

OFGTF

SFAGTF

FTH.

Soooooooo pi**ed off. After all the crap this week the best thing is to get out and watch the team and now those inbred jobless jakeys have contrived to scupper that too.

Drylaw Hearts
Did not sound that way according to the official site. Note highlighted wording.

I phoned Motherwell FC this morning as I'd not got my tickets yet and asked if I could pay at the gate - the reply was that Hearts requested that the match be made all ticket so there will be no cash gate.

That reads to me as though 'Well do not want to sell tickets on the day.

The Old Tolbooth

Unbelievable! Murderwell are not fit for purpose and are a total disgrace!

They have undersoil heating at Fir Park and don't switch it on to save pennies, they should be fined thousands for causing a fixture backlog when there's no need to.

On a brighter note, I should be able to make the re scheduled match :)

The cynic in me says that they did this on purpose knowing that we will probably lose half our team in January, giving them a better chance of winning the re scheduled match, wannabe weedgie tossers!

There are two games off out of all the League games in England, at Accrington and Darlington in League Two.

We have two off in the SPL.

What a joke.

Charlie-Brown

It doesn't matter how many times they relay the pitch at Fir park the same problems re-emerge as the pitch slopes down and across, half the pitch gets hardly any sunlight, is frequently frozen during winter months and drainage is also poor, the heating system either doesn't exist or hardly ever works and for years along with Dunfermline have been one of the worst grounds in Scotland for postponements. :th_Rage2:

In March.

Its a joke. Perhaps we should switch off our undersoil heating to try and save money. .

Don't even suggest such a thing, even tongue cheek.

Vlad may bee reading this!

Cardiac Rucksack
So all in all they are going to get off scot free again and the next time and the next time.........., GTF SFA.:mad:

Its seems that they get away with lots, admin before the 10 point rule was introduced, sacking players and never paying them what they were due etc etc.

John Boyle must suck like a hoover.

no wallace against celtic then...........what a coincidence!

Some people no abe to pay the under-soil heating bills??

letsalllaughathobos

motherwell are a feeking joke spl/sfa shoud throw them out the league feeking embarassment.

thats my weekend feeked then bar stewards ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

looks like christmas shopping up the town then.

Cardiac Rucksack
I think you're onto something there.

:rolleyes:

Sellick would have been sh**ting themselves if he had played.:)

Drylaw Hearts
Sellick would have been sh**ting themselves if he had played.:)

It may just have swung the match in their favour.

Damn that Mark McGhee.

If Murderwell do not get punished then its a blatant open 2 fingered jester to the fans.:mad:

Would that be a jester with a funny hat and bells on?

no wallace against celtic then...........what a coincidence!

Some people no abe to pay the under-soil heating bills??

There should be a ruling in cases like this where a player was due to serve a suspension and the match is then called off by the opposing team, that the player should only serve his suspension against that team not the next game instead.

So not only are we being shafted out of todays game because of a 3rd rate wee teams incompetance, but being shafted by having to lose a player in a vital match where he wasn;t due to serve his suspension in the first place.

Thunderstruck

For the AVOIDABLE postonement of a game arising from the action or inaction of the home club, a punishment of a deduction of three points should be imposed.

"Avoidable" is for the likes of today where proper precautions would have left the pitch playable.

It may be my suspicious nature but I suspect that Motherwell may have regained a bit of form by the time we meet them. Does this also mean that Wallace serves his ban next Saturday, thus denying Hearts the services of one of the on form back four?

It was no surprise that there was going to be groundfrost overnight. If Motherwell failed to or decided not to turn on their undersoil heating, Hearts should be awarded a 3-0 win.

Motherwell have been warned on more than one occasion about fixture postponements, unless punishment like awarding the away team a 3nil victory are introduced what real incentives do they have to get their act in order.

Skivingatwork

It may be my suspicious nature but I suspect that Motherwell may have regained a bit of form by the time we meet them. Does this also mean that Wallace serves his ban next Saturday, thus denying Hearts the services of one of the on form back four?

I think you may have hit on something there, they're struggling for form and morale is low, dont want to play a team that is flying just now.

Get the game called off, have another weeks training with the players and get them prepared for next weekend!

Their next 3 games are:

Kilmarnock (h)

Hamilton (a)

Inveness (h)

Running scared today methinks!

Match tickets didn't arrive in post so drove to Tynecastle this morning (round trip from Glasgow)...

Another black mark for Motherwell again today...

I was listening to Talk 107 on the way back from Tynecastle and they actually had Mark Donaldson commentating live on the pitch inspection. Lawrence was also on the pitch at the time.

Lawrence confirmed that the undersoil heating was on (if not then the pitch would have been 100% frozen solid). However, it was not enough to save the game. Motherwell also had plastic sheeting over the more troublesome parts of the pitch. The reason for the game being off was the goal mouth in front of the away stand and the centre circle.

The weather all along the M8 today was bright sunshine. However, the fact that the large stand for the away support blocked all of this was the final factor in calling the game off according to Lawrence.

They also confirmed that even if it had been on the Motherwell ground staff had taken a tractor over the pitch this morning and the surface was a disgrace, weather aside...

This should have been off at 10...

This isn't the first time this poxy, jakey little excuse for an outfit have done this against us when they've been struggling.

The SPL should absolutely fecking hammer them.

west lothian loyal

I think we should demand that the re-arranged game be played at tynie now seeing as they cannot be trusted or relied on. Fair enough if a pitch is waterlogged due to torrential rain, there aint a lot you can do for a sudden deluge of rain but frost should not stop the game in this dayand age and with the current criteria in play.

Punish them by awarding the game as a home match for us now.

H.M.F.C FOREVER

Lawrence confirmed that the undersoil heating was on (if not then the pitch would have been 100% frozen solid). However, it was not enough to save the game. Motherwell also had plastic sheeting over the more troublesome parts of the pitch. The reason for the game being off was the goal mouth in front of the away stand and the centre circle.

Does anyone know how cold it was in Motherwell overnight? I'm sure undersoil heating can work effectively up to -10???

The morning sunshine may have thawed the 'playable' bits of the park as i don't think there was a severe frost last night, and it is funny that the only bits not 'thawed out' were the areas not getting the sun, so imo the question still remains, had the undersoil heating been switched on?

Does anyone know how cold it was in Motherwell overnight? I'm sure undersoil heating can work effectively up to -10???

The morning sunshine may have thawed the 'playable' bits of the park as i don't think there was a severe frost last night, and it is funny that the only bits not 'thawed out' were the areas not getting the sun, so imo the question still remains, had the undersoil heating been switched on?

They probably watered the goalmouths and centre circle late last night :mad:

portobellojambo1

What a waste of fecking time that journey was....

I was speaking to someone on our bus Gambo, and apparently there are two clubs in the SPL who cannot use their undersoil heating overnight, because of complaints they have received from neighbours regards the noise. Those clubs are Kilmarnock and Motherwell, whose games were postponed today.

If there is any truth in what I was told then both clubs should be feckin shot. What's the point in installing a system you cannot feckin use. Although I believe the SPL have already stated they will be looking into the postponement of our game.

Lawrence said on Talk 107 that it was turned on, also the sun had no impact at all on the pitch this morning as no sunshine actually hit any major area of the park...

The overnight temperature was -2 according to the Met Office.

Going to do a bit of searching, I thought Motherwell said that they would replacing the now very old drainage and undersoil heating at Fir Park over the summer?

Inefficient, rather than inactive, undersoil heating is the only reason that I can think for this match failing today....

I was speaking to someone on our bus Gambo, and apparently there are two clubs in the SPL who cannot use their undersoil heating overnight, because of complaints they have received from neighbours regards the noise. Those clubs are Kilmarnock and Motherwell, whose games were postponed today.

The noise issue with the undersoil heating is well known at Killie and they can only turn it on at certain times(and not overnight!!!!)...have not heard that excuse for Motherwell before?

Disgrace. It wasn't even that cold last night.

I was soooooooooooooooooooooooooo up for this game it was unreal.

gutted.

Murderwell GTF.

OFGTF

SFAGTF

FTH.

I dont think the weathers been that bad in Glasgow since Tuesday, is it really that much worse in Motherwell? :confused:

I'VE HAD ENOUGH NOW NOT 1ST TIME MOTHERWELL NOT

TURNED ON UNDERSOIL HEATING THERE PITCH IS BAD ENOUGH

BUT NOT PUTTING UNDERSOIL HEATING ON JUST A JOKE

:107years:

MackaysCentreSpot
I'VE HAD ENOUGH NOW NOT 1ST TIME MOTHERWELL NOT

TURNED ON UNDERSOIL HEATING THERE PITCH IS BAD ENOUGH

BUT NOT PUTTING UNDERSOIL HEATING ON JUST A JOKE

:107years:

Why are you SHOUTING?

TIME TO TAKE ACTION ON MOTHERWELL IT'S NOT

THE 1ST TIME NEVER PUT ON HEATING WHAT ACTION SHOULD BE TAKEN BY SFA

What a waste of fecking time that journey was....

As i said earlier, the only people who will be 'punished' is the fans who had left already and some like your club who had to shell out for the hire of a bus.

Motherwell have no excuse, they have undersoil heating it is up to them to make sure it is capable of doing it's job and it is now up to the SPL to punish them accordingly and to demand that it is rectified immedietly at whatever cost........i'm not holding my breath though.

Then those grounds should be shut down as they are incapable of hosting SPL matches.

Everyone knows for 3 or 4 months of the year in Scotland there is a chance of frost, hence the reason SPL clubs are required to have undersoil heating.

What is the use of having it if you are not allowed to turn it on at the time when the frost generally takes hold (middle of the night). Our season is played through the months when frost hits and if those clubs cannot provide basic facilities to cope with it then they should move or GTF.

Archived