Rangers v Celtic 27th December

marshallschunkychicken

How would you like the OF game to pan out?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. How would you like the OF game to pan out?

• Rangers Win
    • Draw
    • Celtic Win

I think he was referring to actual Hearts fans, not people who post about them on the internet :)

And here you are... posting about Hearts fans on the internet... ;)

Back to the OP, I'll be wanting whatever result benefits Heart of Midlothian FC the most.

All proper Hearts fans will want the same.

Anyone who has posted anything other than 'whatever result benefits Heart of Midlothian FC the most*' is not a proper Heart fan and must therefore be a closet tim/hun.

Fact.

*Variations are acceptable.

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rangers to destroy Sellick and close the gap on winning the title please.

We have no chance of catching Rangers this season.

King of the North
I think he was referring to actual Hearts fans, not people who post about them on the internet :)

Aren't you supposed to wait for your mate to post then just agree with him?

Getting a bit more confident now I see...

PresidentRomanov
Aren't you supposed to wait for your mate to post then just agree with him?

Getting a bit more confident now I see...

Which mate, I have quite alot?

Did you enjoy the game on Saturday by the way, I thought it was brilliant?

King of the North

A Celtic win, without a doubt.

Would be good for Hearts. And the huns losing is good for the soul, good for the entire world.

Sad yet utterly predictable that a few 'Jambos' went for the dark side.

We can catch der hun - they are gash.

the title is over....

King of the North
Which mate, I have quite alot?

Did you enjoy the game on Saturday by the way, I thought it was brilliant?

Course I did - especially the fact that it knocks der hun out of the title race. Yourself? Must be a wee bit gutted about that, no?

PresidentRomanov
Course I did - especially the fact that it knocks der hun out of the title race. Yourself? Must be a wee bit gutted about that, no?

I was gutted, that's why I said I thought it was brilliant :rolleyes:

Where about were you sitting?

Drylaw Hearts

75% of the voters on this poll need to realise that wanting Rangers to prosper rather than Hearts is somewhat of an old 'Tradition'.

If you're a dik.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

So, the 86 people who have voted for Celtic on this poll are not actual Hearts fans? Any of those 86 care to take him up on this point?

King of the North
I was gutted, that's why I said I thought it was brilliant :rolleyes:

Where about were you sitting?

None of your business. Your ham fisted attempts to try to turn this into an 'I'm a better fan than you' thread are so transparent I am going to ignore them.

Given that we outplayed the huns, why on earth would you not want them to lose the OF derby? They are easily catchable, they are gash and the title is over. Surely your mini hunnishness doesn't streatch that far? What possible reason could a Hearts fan have for wanting the team we are trying to catch to win? Unless they have a vested interest in that other team?

So if you are interested in being a better fan than everyone else, which you clearly are, surely you should want what is best for Hearts - a thumping victory over der hun for Celtic FC which utterly demoralises the blue filth for the rest of the season...

PresidentRomanov
None of your business. Your ham fisted attempts to try to turn this into an 'I'm a better fan than you' thread are so transparent I am going to ignore them.

Given that we outplayed the huns, why on earth would you not want them to lose the OF derby? They are easily catchable, they are gash and the title is over. Surely your mini hunnishness doesn't streatch that far? What possible reason could a Hearts fan have for wanting the team we are trying to catch to win? Unless they have a vested interest in that other team?

So if you are interested in being a better fan than everyone else, which you clearly are, surely you should want what is best for Hearts - a thumping victory over der hun for Celtic FC which utterly demoralises the blue filth for the rest of the season...

Translate: I wasn't there :)

So, the 86 people who have voted for Celtic on this poll are not actual Hearts fans? Any of those 86 care to take him up on this point?

I voted Celtic not just because it would benefit us, but because id much rather see them win the league.

I voted Celtic not just because it would benefit us, but because id much rather see them win the league.

I'll keep on supporting Hearts.

I certainly prefer Celtic FC to Rangers FC, and by quite a distance too. But I'm bored of them dominating, especially with such an underwhelming side that grinds out tepid, bloodless 1-0s and 2-1s every week. At their best, MON's Celtic really had something about them - as did Advocaat's Rangers when they were dominating. But Celtic at present are just dull.

Drylaw Hearts
I certainly prefer Celtic FC to Rangers FC, and by quite a distance too. But I'm bored of them dominating, especially with such an underwhelming side that grinds out tepid, bloodless 1-0s and 2-1s every week. At their best, MON's Celtic really had something about them - as did Advocaat's Rangers when they were dominating. But Celtic at present are just dull.

Rangers are duller.

PresidentRomanov

What about Hibernian FC, how do you feel about them?

I agree, I'm sick of it.

Rangers are duller.

But weirdly, I'd probably respect a Rangers title win more, simply because Smith and McCoist are working with less. WGS inherited a whopping off-field advantage: in a complete role reversal from the 90s, it's easier for Celtic, and I therefore expect more of them, if that makes any sense?

What about Hibernian FC, how do you feel about them?

Better than either of the OF.

Their domination is certainly dull, but i must admit i find it very amusing.

And here you are... posting about Hearts fans on the internet... ;)

Back to the OP, I'll be wanting whatever result benefits Heart of Midlothian FC the most.

All proper Hearts fans will want the same.

Anyone who has posted anything other than 'whatever result benefits Heart of Midlothian FC the most*' is not a proper Hearts fan and must therefore be a closet tim/hun.

Fact.

*Variations are acceptable.

Agreed. There is a section of our support that will want a result detrimental to Hearts' prospects, but, as in most areas, they're best ignored.

Their domination is certainly dull, but i must admit i find it very amusing.

:)

As a child of the 90s, I know what you mean.

artur boruc and barry ferguson both suffer season ending injuries would do me.

oh, and kris boyd disgracing himself by eating a half eaten pie that was hurled at him from the celtic fans

Let's face it folks, the only really satisfactory outcome to any OF game is an unexpected napalm shower or something similar.

:sterb032:

However, in the abscence of that we can only really hope for a result that will benefit our own club and that's what we should hope for here. Not because we favour one half of the OF over the other but because it's good for Hearts.

:av-1001:

Damn someone beat me too it.

Question is how would you know whether it went off or not most look like they have suffered from a nuke fallout at the best of times.

Quality Kev!!!!!!

:rofl:

Bomber Harris
Celtic win and a win for whoever's playing Chelsea that day.:)

Sorry mate Chelsea are entertaining West Brom at The Bridge on the Friday and visiting The Cottage on the Sunday :cool:

Bomber Harris

It seems to me the "New Age Hearts fan" is turning the tide and preferring celtic to Rangers, when i was a lad (hovis music please) i hated and still do hate the Old Firm but because of certain political and religious undertones that rattled around certain football stadiums at that time, i grew up preferring Rangers, by a huge margin, to celtic, simply based on the fact that i detest anything to do with Irish Republicanism/terrorism/anti Britain etc , if this dark cloud hadn't hung over darkhead then maybe my opinion would be different but as far as i'm concerned celtic are **** ,always were and always will be.

Rangers, the mighty Glasgow Rangers, well over the years i've had my fair share of run in's with that lot but at the end of the day i would rather be sitting next to a Rangers fan than a tinker, does that make me a closet Rangers fan? in some of your eyes yes but you couldn't be further away from the truth, no one can question my loyalty to the Heart Of Midlothian, in fact i do not have to justify it so we can argue till the cows go out to graze tomorrow but at the end of the day it's Heart Of Midlothian for me but if your asking to pick out between the Old Firm then it's Rangers, the mighty Glasgow Rangers for me.

celtic, disgracing British football since 1888.

Drylaw Hearts
It seems to me the "New Age Hearts fan" is turning the tide and preferring celtic to Rangers, when i was a lad (hovis music please) i hated and still do hate the Old Firm but because of certain political and religious undertones that rattled around certain football stadiums at that time, i grew up preferring Rangers, by a huge margin, to celtic, simply based on the fact that i detest anything to do with Irish Republicanism/terrorism/anti Britain etc , if this dark cloud hadn't hung over darkhead then maybe my opinion would be different but as far as i'm concerned celtic are **** ,always were and always will be.

Rangers, the mighty Glasgow Rangers, well over the years i've had my fair share of run in's with that lot but at the end of the day i would rather be sitting next to a Rangers fan than a tinker, does that make me a closet Rangers fan? in some of your eyes yes but you couldn't be further away from the truth, no one can question my loyalty to the Heart Of Midlothian, in fact i do not have to justify it so we can argue till the cows go out to graze tomorrow but at the end of the day it's Heart Of Midlothian for me but if your asking to pick out between the Old Firm then it's Rangers, the mighty Glasgow Rangers for me.

Oh dear.

Anyway....

I only picked Celtic because that result will probably be better for Hearts.

I have no preference for either side of the OF.

Celtic for two reasons:

1) Hearts have a much better chance of catching Rangers.

2) I absolutely detest everything about Rangers and have a lot of good mates that are Celtic fans.

I still like the nuke option though.

I P Knightley
the mighty Glasgow Rangers for me.

Why pick a non-Hearts side to be loyal to?

Isn't it: "Hearts first; the rest nowhere"?

Honestly, I don't know fans of many other teams that choose to side with another team in the same effin league.

PresidentRomanov
Why pick a non-Hearts side to be loyal to?

Isn't it: "Hearts first; the rest nowhere"?

Honestly, I don't know fans of many other teams that choose to side with another team in the same effin league.

There's 109 people on this thread who've sided with Celtic, why not make that point to one of them?

PresidentRomanov
Celtic for two reasons:

1) Hearts have a much better chance of catching Rangers.

2) I absolutely detest everything about Rangers and have a lot of good mates that are Celtic fans.

I still like the nuke option though.

Were you at Tynecastle during Celtic's recent visit?

To you travel to Parkhead to watch Hearts?

King of the North
There's 109 people on this thread who've sided with Celtic, why not make that point to one of them?

Because they are voting on the result of one particular match - and it is better for Hearts if Celtic FC beat the filthy huns.

It is inexplicable how any hearts fan (even 'true' fans like yourself who take great pride in attending all the matches and feeling like a 'real' fan as a result) could want anything other than a Celtic FC victory.

Unless there is another agenda at work? Explain how a Hun victory benefits Hearts?

To answer the OP.

Taken in isolation I'd always pick Rangers to gub Sellick. While I dislike the OF with a passion my disliking is far greater for the Irish lot.

If Hearts are taken into the equation, based on the league table at present, then a Sellick win (by a big margin) would suit Hearts' chances of challenging for 2nd spot.

PresidentRomanov
Because they are voting on the result of one particular match - and it is better for Hearts if Celtic FC beat the filthy huns.

It is inexplicable how any hearts fan (even 'true' fans like yourself who take great pride in attending all the matches and feeling like a 'real' fan as a result) could want anything other than a Celtic FC victory.

Unless there is another agenda at work? Explain how a Hun victory benefits Hearts?

I want Hibs to lose every game they play, no matter who they're playing, I want Celtic to lose every game they play, unless they're playing Hibs, I want Rangers FC to lose every game they play, unless they're playing Hibs or Celtic.

I also think it's incredible, that someone who doesn't even actually support Hearts, apart from watching them on telly, and posting about them on the internet, can call someone like me a supporter of Rangers FC :)

You and your sort, should have more respect for people like me, as it's us who keep the club going :)

I haven't seen any of those 109 make the comment "The mighty Glasgow Celtic"

Have you??

I've always preffered Celtic to Rangers, I hate them both, they're 11th and 12th in my list of favourites in the SPL. A Celtic win would increase our (Hearts) chances of a better European place so it has to be them for me.

blondejamtart

Hate both of the OF with equal intensity, but I, like many others, I'm sure, plumped for the Celtic option because it would be better, on balance, for us as a team and for no other reason.

However, I'm also liking the nuke the whole bloomin' lot option! :lol:

The poll appears to be missing the "couldn't give a flying **** option".

Both sets of the old firm are the lequally low and the sooner they get their dream ticket to the Premiership, European wee big team super league or whatever and leave Scottish Football alone, the better.

I despise them so much (puts my tin hat on) that I would want any team, including our wee neighbours from Leith, to stick it up them at any time.

Utter filth, I have no preference and will do my best to not even watch.

Hearts come first, so that'll mean a Celtic win.

If things were the other way around, it would be a Rangers win.

Surely a no brainer?

I wonder if this is (that's my code for saying "of course this is") just the latest in a series of threads started by people struggling to come to terms with the reality that many Hearts fans - like me - prefer (if that is the right word for "disliking less") Celtic to Rangers, and always have.

In the interests of balance, I might also concede that an element of the Celtic support have got worse in the past few years whilst Rioters have simply got no better (probably not what the citizens of Manchester think about that little "expression of Britishness" inflicted on them in May). John Reid moaning about the Famine Song, whilst apparently making very little noise about the Oo, Ah Brigade, is a bit hard to take.

In the absence of an outcome whereby they both lose the same match, I always want Celtic to win the OF game unless it is to Hearts advantage for Rangers to win. So I voted for a Celtic win.

I also normally want Hibs to beat whichever member of the OF they might be playing - though perhaps in a "big" cup final an evil part of me might really want the 107-and-counting years thing to keep going a bit longer.

Hearts come first, so that'll mean a Celtic win.

If things were the other way around, it would be a Rangers win.

Surely a no brainer?

Ah - but in the case of OF fans, having no brain is a vital characteristic in the first place. Regrettably, it appears this can be extended to some on here too...

I wonder if this is (that's my code for saying "of course this is") just the latest in a series of threads started by people struggling to come to terms with the reality that many Hearts fans - like me - prefer (if that is the right word for "disliking less") Celtic to Rangers, and always have.

In the interests of balance, I might also concede that an element of the Celtic support have got worse in the past few years whilst Rioters have simply got no better (probably not what the citizens of Manchester think about that little "expression of Britishness" inflicted on them in May). John Reid moaning about the Famine Song, whilst apparently making very little noise about the Oo, Ah Brigade, is a bit hard to take.

In the absence of an outcome whereby they both lose the same match, I always want Celtic to win the OF game unless it is to Hearts advantage for Rangers to win. So I voted for a Celtic win.

I also normally want Hibs to beat whichever member of the OF they might be playing - though perhaps in a "big" cup final an evil part of me might really want the 107-and-counting years thing to keep going a bit longer.

Don't be daft! It's just a large number of posters on the leading internet forum about Hearts - what do they have to do with real Hearts fans? Eh? Eh? We arra peepul! :wacko:

PresidentRomanov
Don't be daft! It's just a large number of posters on the leading internet forum about Hearts - what do they have to do with real Hearts fans? :wacko:

In your case, absolutely nothing.

In your case, absolutely nothing.

You seem to think the same can be said for all Hearts fans who post on here and prefer Celtic to Rangers: could you enlighten us why? Oh, and if this means I have nothing in common with real Hearts fans like you, words cannot begin to express my relief and sheer jubilation.

Archived